Gran Turismo World Series R2: Prague Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 102 comments
Looks like it, I switched from Nissan to Lamborghini and so far I'm better than I was in the Nissan, maybe the MR cars have an advantage?
We’ll see if drying conditions swing layouts. Probably doubt much will change with a handful of laps to go.
I'm gonna assume ALOT of people felt like idiots not picking the Ferrari because, wow, they are in another country at this point. Granted, the Porsche is the only one keeping up but still.
I went with Honda for reasons, but wouldn’t have thought Ferrari would be anywhere in the conversation. Crazy.

That feels like a mistake from the Ferrari.

I know it's a new tyre model, but changing from wets to inters or vice versa rather than going straight from W/IM to dries has never historically worked on this game.

No pit stop for the Subaru and Drumont is a mistake I think, down to 10th place... Ferrari is the winner with ,092 gap to the Porsche!!!:scared:

Last edited:
I love how this is exactly like Le Mans 2023:

• Return to top level competition after a long time away.
  • Take victory at the first attempt and refuse to elaborate.

What a finish and what a debut!

Viewership for Manufacturers:
  • 10 100 total peak (8 feeds on YT, all time low)
  • Only 2 feeds (Japanese and Playstation) managed to avoid all time low peaks
  • For some reason the main feed dropped by over 2000 viewers during lap 18 (and never recovered over 3K)
  • A TON of viewers on Twitch: more viewers 15 minutes after the race (!) than during the 2023 Showdown (the only time I've tracked Twitch viewership, will do from now on)
There wasn't a direct Twitch feed in GT7 before, was there? That could explain the increase in Twitch viewers and likely the decrease on YT).

Last edited:

• For some reason the main feed dropped by over 2000 viewers during lap 18 (and never recovered over 3K)
  • A TON of viewers on Twitch: more viewers 15 minutes after the race (!) than during the 2023 Showdown (the only time I've tracked Twitch viewership, will do from now on)
There wasn't a direct Twitch feed in GT7 before, was there? That could explain the increase in Twitch viewers and likely the decrease on YT).
There was little of interest for the overwhelming majority - those being the single-player community.

Time and again the official social media channels and this site dedicate a huge amount of coverage to GTWS. But it’s increasingly clear few actually care.

They would generate far bigger numbers with a quarterly ‘GT Direct’ detailing plans for the series.

Twitch feed (using PlayStation's channel) is now an option when viewing in-game:
1723311600933.png

Twitch feed (using PlayStation's channel) is now an option when viewing in-game:
View attachment 1379924
Yeah, I noticed. But it's recent addition, right? Wasn't there for Montreal?
There was little of interest for the overwhelming majority - those being the single-player community.

Time and again the official social media channels and this site dedicate a huge amount of coverage to GTWS. But it’s increasingly clear few actually care.
Sure, it's evident that majority plays only/mostly single player. However, since GT7 launch GTWS has seen upward trend in viewership on YT. Until today that is. That's why corresponding increase on Twitch would be a likely explanation. Plus there's a paying audience. GTWS is in a decent place.

Of course GT7 has sold way more since launch and that has brought GTWS new viewers. How much? Only PD/Sony knows. Though I'd imagine most interested in GTWS would have been there since/near the launch.

Last edited:
Now to be clear: Watching ANY amount of these lands you the VGT cars, correct?

Now to be clear: Watching ANY amount of these lands you the VGT cars, correct?
Through the in-game portal yes. If it changes from a blue button saying Entry Available to a grey button saying Entry Accepted (or something similar, I forget), you're good to go.

I picked Miyazono, obviously.

What the literal Heck is going on in this race?
My pick just had to be different. :lol:

Last edited:
Hope those Softs can last all race and win me some Credits!
Edit: Why in the?…..
No Way Ugh GIF by Major League Soccer

Last edited:
As a dummy that completely forgot to even submit a Pic, this is stressful.

Come on Serrano, win me 1 mill!!! Oh no!!! From 1st to 12th in a split of a second...
:guilty:

Last edited:
This is super fun to watch as a viewer, but I'm also not sure the peloton-like quality was quite what PD want to present, that accident was always going to happen.

Back