Gran Turismo's Willow Springs International Motorsports Park is For Sale

• Thread starter Famine
  • 30 comments
Let's pool finances together and build our own Seattle Circuit recreation over it.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, I’d be starting with a fresh piece of tablet screen if I had the funds.

From what I've found in some automotive online groups is they've been interested in selling for a while now. 1 claim was they wanted way too much money b/c there are areas that need renovation, & another owner who tracks there said they had an offer in January, but turned it down b/c they'd possibly prefer it remain a race track.

It's interesting to see more than a handful of comments around the web believing some millionaires/billionaire should buy it and turn it into something like Thermal Club or Monticello. This track from what I've read, is 55% cheaper to drive on than other private raceways & that's part of its charm. You'd lose that if an investor group revitalize it into a fancy motorsport club.

If I could buy the track I would keep the current parts of the track but since it is a large area maybe try to make new a circuit that might able to attract an IMSA or Indy races. I know that is not a popular opinion but I think it's a way to allow it to keep some of its character while adding a modern touch to it

Last edited:
God I hate this track in Gran Turismo. They should sell it from Gran Turismo also and replace it with an actual good track like Motegi.
Would that be the Motegi that's a bunch of long flat straights connected by hairpins, or the Motegi that's an egg-shaped oval?

Would that be the Motegi that's a bunch of long flat straights connected by hairpins, or the Motegi that's an egg-shaped oval?
Mo-teggi 🥚

Thought this was a new track reveal for a second 🤣

A lot of businesses are being sold just because the owners want a final cash out for retirement. Someone will buy it and everything will be fine. Nobody wants to bulldoze the desert to make condos in the middle of nowhere.

Knowing GTP and other sim communities, the track would be destroyed as soon as they bought it.
Some people really hate Willow 🤣

Last edited:
Big willow is the 3rd worst track in the game.

Streets of willow is the 2nd worst track in the game.

Worst track in the game is the horse thief mile.

It must have taken some talent to get some of the worst tracks around so close to one another, when they had such a blank canvas to work from.

There are so many options, but in the end it all comes down to money.

And California has been hating cars for a while. Weird when so much car culture started there.

I wonder if a car person will buy it.

I wonder if California will allow it to stay.

Is it the worst track? (Or set of tracks?)

That depends on if you like a unique challenge or not.

It must have taken some talent to get some of the worst tracks around so close to one another, when they had such a blank canvas to work from.
Wow OK that's a horrible take.

There are so many options, but in the end it all comes down to money.

And California has been hating cars for a while. Weird when so much car culture started there.

I wonder if a car person will buy it.

I wonder if California will allow it to stay.

Is it the worst track? (Or set of tracks?)

That depends on if you like a unique challenge or not.
Important questions

Someone really dislikes Willow Springs, huh...

Back