GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,542 comments
Hey Cory, you asked...
1445.jpg

Those are some mighty fat pixels
Ah, OK. I think that I get what you said, now.

The problem was that the premise of fat pixels, even if meant to be tongue-in-cheek, is not relevant. The game decides to apply penalties due to the position of a car in relation to invisible, internal positional bounds. Unlike pixels, we can't see where these bounds are nor how they are shaped. Drivers only have the visible environment to go by. This is why drivers are confused, because there is a mismatch.

A car closer to the visible game boundary marker (the white line) is getting penalized while the car farther away isn't penalized. All other things done right, that makes no sense, but since we aren't privy to the game internals, drivers have a difficult time figuring out how far they can push the limits of the penalty system (without a lot of investigative time spent).

If PDI had set the game's bounds properly (closer to reality), there would be much less of an issue. The obvious thing to do, for now, though, is to avoid pushing the penalty limits quite so much. For example, is there really anything worthwhile to be gained from being down there in the first place (quickest line to the next braking point) vs taking a safer higher line or the racing line? I am not sure that there is, but the game does record sector times, if any are applicable in this area (I think there is one just before the left-hander's exit and one down the straight). The shortest line isn't necessarily the fastest line, or is it? The shortest line is certainly the riskiest, though.

Sorry for rambling.

Hello Geezers ,here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Racing

RACE 1) @ Grand Valley Hwy 1
6 laps
500HP American Road Cars
any sport tire
fuel usage x 5. /. Tire wear x 5
No engine swaps

RACE 2) @ Alsace Village Reverse
6 laps
500HP European Road Cars
any sport tire
fuel usage x5. / tire wear x 5
No engine swaps

RACE 3) @ Special Stage Route X
1 laps (maybe 2)
800HP Road Cars
RH tires
No fuel or tire wear
Engine swap permitted
Nitrous permitted

STANDARD GEEZER RULES AND SETTINGS

LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

SEND FRIEND REQUEST TO viper9-al_

See everybody Wednesday night🏎️

Hello Geezers ,here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Racing

RACE 1) @ Grand Valley Hwy 1
6 laps
500HP American Road Cars
any sport tire
fuel usage x 5. /. Tire wear x 5
No engine swaps

RACE 2) @ Alsace Village Reverse
6 laps
500HP European Road Cars
any sport tire
fuel usage x5. / tire wear x 5
No engine swaps

RACE 3) @ Special Stage Route X
1 laps (maybe 2)
800HP Road Cars
RH tires
No fuel or tire wear
Engine swap permitted
Nitrous permitted

STANDARD GEEZER RULES AND SETTINGS

LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

SEND FRIEND REQUEST TO viper9-al_

See everybody Wednesday night🏎️
1693867513149.gif

Nitrous!!!!

Thanks to whomever made these images. They have been submitted to PDI. Maybe that will encourage them to fix the problem.
I saw Luiz’s original post. I recall reading somewhere that the curbs are treated like track asphalt. In other words, that car‘s tires are on the track because that is a curb.

Last edited:
Then there’s this, effective in 2023 since director Wittich took over from director Masi newsorry for the length)

During a Grand Prix, drivers are only permitted two track limits violations without incident. Of course, drivers can’t just break the limits as they wish in order to make an overtaking move happen or to gain position – this would be covered under the rules of gaining a lasting advantage by leaving the track – but they won’t get in trouble for simply running out beyond the white lines on these two occasions.

However, once a driver reaches a third violation, they will be shown a black and white flag. This serves as a warning to them that they cannot put a wheel wrong any more – a further transgression will trigger a penalty. If a driver then exceeds the limits for a fourth time, they will be given a five-second time penalty.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.png
    IMG_0952.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I would love to have someone from PI explain how under the rain at Spa, with full wets, going less than 60 mph through Pouhon with all 4 wheels over past the curb (on the right side of the track) I end up with a 10.5 second penalty. This has happened to me twice in the 800 PP 1 hour race and I haven't been able to recreate it on purpose..it just "happens". Next time it does, I'll make sure to save the replay so I can take pictures, but that is one stupid penalty I have never understood 🤷‍♂️

Le Mans has always had tough to find, or not, penalties. I bet they’ve tweaked them more than anywhere. It started with GT Academy I believe.

My first Bugatti. Won it with an 6 star ticket, after Le Mans with no rain, which rarely happens in my experience.

71562058049__70613DA9-6EFE-4BCC-AEA6-E5B72A5CA7AC.jpeg

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use (if everybody got it):

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Daytona Road Course
Laps: 9
Car: Gr.4 BoP (Brake Balance On)
Tires: RH

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.
PS 3 - Lobby ends at 12:00

Wednesday Night Geezer Race September 13th

T: 3x F:3x

1st Race - Tokyo Central Clockwise - 10 Laps
. Car: Road Cars 300HP - Tuning allowed -Tires - Any Sports

2nd Race: Deep Forest - 10 Laps
. Cars: Road Cars - 600HP - Tire - Any Sports
Tuning allowed

3rd Race: Nürburgring 24hr. - 3 Laps
. Cars: Nürburgring 24 hr. Cars ( 5 cars available ) 730pp - Tires - RH

Cars: BMW M3 GT '11 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13 - Mercedes AMG GT3 '16
BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16 - Audi LMS '15