GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,435 comments
Good Evening Geezers,here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

RACE 1@) Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise . 6 Laps
600PP Japanese Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel usage x 5 / Tire wear x 5

RACE 2 @) Trial Mountain Circuit
6 Laps
700 PP American Road Cars
1958-1978
RH tires
Fuel usage x 5/ tire wear x 5
ENGINE SWAP PERMITTED

RACE 3)@ Nordschleife
2 laps
600PP Porsche Road Cars
Any sport tire
Tire wear x 5

GEEZER RACES ARE INVITE ONLY
LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 7:00PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 7.30PM
I’ll be there tonight with my good driving habits. Sorry I missed last Wednesday, but it was dinner night at moms. 😊

REPOST:
I was talking to Jerry Schulte (yes, I know he died a few years ago) the other night after the last few weeks of somewhat contentious racing. He told me it's time for a Geezer Club reset. Jerry created this club 10 years ago to fill a need of older and or more laid-back pilots. He realized that some of the official GT racers don't have the abilities of younger drivers. Or, they were not interested in the daily races where running someone off the track, because you can, is an acceptable way to have fun. We're less serious about winning, and put having fun higher than that goal. Below are some guidelines for becoming a Geezer Club member, or a wannabe Geezer Club participant.

Geezer is someone who is 60 years old or will be 60 years old this year.

Drop the win at all cost attitude and have fun. That's why we use boost strong to help a driver recover from racing incidents. Overly aggressive driving isn't allowed.

If you must talk during a race, keep it on topic, and try not to talk just to hear yourself make noise. Joking around for a laugh is highly recommended. Be respectful of others' opinions even if they are wrong, don't argue, there's nothing more disrupting than listening to two people argue when most don't want to hear it.

After a race is finished, take a moment of silence to let the owner of the room have some time to talk with the person selecting the next race so he can start the set up for the track.

1 - If someone wants to participate in a Geezer lobby, they have to first respond to this message on the geezer thread and be accepted by the committee on a trial basis. We don't care how fast or slow you are, it's how you race that counts.

2 - Geezer Lobbies are for Geezers and invited Friends only. Friends of friends will not be automatically accepted. If you join without asking, you will need to leave, and follow rule 1 for the next event.

3 - If you are not 60 years old but would like to join us, you can be accepted on temporary bases (geezling). If you race too aggressively and the win is more important than having fun, you will likely be asked not to return.

4 - It's usual that the host posts the first 4 races. When those are complete, a participant is asked to choose a car and track till the end of the session. This way most everyone has the opportunity to choose a race they like.

5: We like to do quick races (5 to 10) laps to keep the lobby running (we are old and the time is critical) so PP races or any other race that involves testing and a long time to prepare the car can only be chosen by the lobby host that is running the race. These races will be posted in advance so we have time to prepare the cars. If you have any ideas, submit them to the host in advance and he will consider using them.

6 - If you want to host a Geezer race event, it is necessary for the host to also follow the rules as outlined.

Last edited:
The lobby I am hosting tonight:
IMG_5390.jpeg

Saturday and Sunday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH

PP Races - Road Cars Only - (PP RACES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN ADVANCE - NO LAST MINUTE RACES)
PP < 500 - may use any Confort Tires
PP > = 500 < 700 use any Sport Tires
PP>= 700 Use Racing Hard tires

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Grand Valley South
Laps: 7
550PP ROAD CAR ONLY - ANY SPORT TIRES

2nd Race
Barcelona no Chicane
Laps: 6
Gr.4 - BoP - Tires: RH - (Brake Balance only)

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Suzuka
700PP HYPERCARS ONLY - RH TIRES

2nd Race
Seaside
Gr.4 - BoP - Tires: RH - (Brake Balance only)

4th Place chooses combo for next race (There is no choosing of PP cars during the lobby- PP races only the ones pre posted by the host - you can choose group cars or bop one make bop cars)

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.
PS 2 - A headset is requested to participate.

I cannot remember much and wanted to share this before I forget. I might have already, can’t remember.
93 Civic
B18C engine swap
SM tire
Fully Customised Suspension
Full Control Computer
Racing Air Filter
Semi-Racing Muffler
Racing Exhaust Manifold
Racing Brake Pads
High Lift Camshaft S
Titanium Connecting Rods
Three weight reductions

It hits 550 peeps on the dot

Unfortunately I will miss this weekends races. Family stuff and land management. I have no internet in the sticks, but I've got toys to get me by.

Attachments

• 17178108421303245774343494620939.jpg
    17178108421303245774343494620939.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 2
F-ing BOOST??? Do you know how much hair I yanked from my head trying to figure out why the **** everybody was walking away from my car in your races? That rule is posted literally NOWHERE (I've looked). I've got nothing coherent left to say. Smh
The funniest part of this post is that boost would help you if you were falling towards the back... haha.

And it's been stated many times before, boost has always been a part of this group.

Good evening Geezers. The 24hr of Le Mans is this weekend .So with that in mind here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

RACE 1)@Le Mans No chicane
3 Laps
Any 800PP Car (except Gr.1)
Any Racing Tire
Fuel x 5 / Tire wear x 5
Engine swap permitted

RACE 2)@Le Mans w/ chicane
3 Laps
Gr.1 Race Cars 1988-1992 BOP
RM tires

RACE 3)@Le Mans w/ chicane
3 Laps
Gr.1 Race Cars (except 1988-1992) BOP
RM Tires

GEEZER RACES ARE INVITATION ONLY
LOBBY/CHAT OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

Last edited:
How not to clean your PS5... Yesterday, I started to clean the dust out of my PS5. Due to my aging clumsiness, I accidently separated a wire for the fan from the connector. All it needed was to solder the wire back on. I then decided to go to the "authorized" Sony repair shop. I was shocked when the guy told me that Sony requires $299.00 to review and fix my problem. I asked to confirm:"$299 to solder the wire". His reply was: "Yes, these are Sony's rules but it includes a thorough cleaning".
I will not bother you with the rest of the conversation, too many special characters required. I went to an electronic repair shop and got it all fixed for $25.

I ran into this problem before where our Dyson beater bar belt broke. $140 for a $5 belt.

So please be careful or less clumsy that I when cleaning your PS5. And "code of conduct" Sony.

That’s a bummer, and then not. Been soldering for years, I built tube amplifiers and did RC car stuff, etc. Good skill to have. A Wellar and Dremel are probably two really good investments. And fun.

Get your new GR010? Free car if you signed up for something I can’t recall.

IMG_4670.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday and Sunday Geezer Races

Cars we may use

PP Races - Road Cars Only - (PP RACES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN ADVANCE - NO LAST MINUTE RACES)
PP < 500 - may use any Confort Tires
PP > = 500 < 700 use any Sport Tires
PP>= 700 Use Racing Hard tires

Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Yamagiwa
Radical BoP - SS Tires - (Brake Balance Allowed)

2nd Race
Gardens
Gr.3 - 700PP - Tires RH - Tuning Allowed

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Streets of Willow
Porsche 992 '22 - Tires SS (Brake Balance Allowed)

2nd Race
High Speed Ring
SF19/23 - Tires RS

4th Place chooses combo for next race
(There is no choosing of PP cars during the lobby- PP races only the ones pre posted by the host - you can choose group cars or bop one make bop cars)
(If you have a suggestion of a PP race you would like to do, send me a message with the race configuration)

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.

Richard, here is the page from GT Planet explaining the setting for the Fanatec DD Extreme. These are the same as the settings for the GT DD Pro. I will find the YT video from Rory Alexander on the exact settings and post that separately. Hope this helps.

Hello Geezers

I hope you don’t mind me posting here, a young whippersnapper of a mere 40 years of age.
I’m part of the admin team of a race series called GTE. We’ve been going for a while now and is currently in the middle of season 6.
Our founder Carl aka Dusty Fossil aka Ol’ Spice, is a man of a certain vintage and he is looking for like minded experienced, more so in life than race necessarily, gentlemen to take part in a sister series that runs on Tuesdays. It’s an endurance series with races running around the 90 mins mark.

If any of you would be interested in taking part, you are more than welcome to join our little community via the discord link below. You will be welcomed into a group of guys (of which 95% are British, i’m one of the few bloody foreigners) who take the racing serious but keeps the banter lighthearted and puts a certain amount of pride into taking the piss.

DASHANDSPLASHREVOKED-LOGO.png

Last edited:
Richard, here is the page from GT Planet explaining the setting for the Fanatec DD Extreme. These are the same as the settings for the GT DD Pro. I will find the YT video from Rory Alexander on the exact settings and post that separately. Hope this helps.

I have the Extreme and it took me awhile to get it drivable. I can send my settings when I'm on again. I can't remember where i got the settings either.

Good evening Geezers. Sorry for the late post,it’s MasterGt’s fault.He insisted I race MNR last night.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Races

RACE 1)@ Brands Hatch GP
8 Laps
550PP European Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel usage x5 / tire wear x5

RACE 2)@ Watkins Glen LC
6 Laps
600PP American Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel usage x 5 / tire wear x 5

RACE 3)@ Autodrome Lago Maggiore FC
6 Laps
700PP Italian Road Cars
RH tires
Fuel usage x 5 / tire wear x 5

GEEZER RACES INVITATION ONLY
LOBBY/CHAT STARTS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @8PM

Sleep walker. Couch to floor to coffee table to a mantle to waking up to I can’t remember. Woke up standing. And back to the couch, and I didn’t even see the bang on the head for a day.

Saturday Geezer Races... Reprise from Luiz Saturday Feb 2nd

Cars we may use

PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

1st Race
Goodwood
Laps: 9
Car: Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car - BoP - No tuning (Brake Balance only) - Tires: SS

2nd Race
Laguna Seca
Car: Gr.4 - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RH

3rd Race
High Speed Ring
Laps 9
Car: Gr.2 Toyota and CLK ok to use - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RM

4th Place chooses combo for next race
(There is no choosing of PP cars during the lobby- PP races only the ones pre posted by the host - you can choose group cars or bop one make bop cars)
(If you have a suggestion of a PP race you would like to do, send me a message with the race configuration)

See ya there!

Last edited:
Back