GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 654 comments
I managed to total my car 2km into the stage, seems fitting considering how every other stage I've attempted for this has gone. :lol:

From a couple of practice runs there's especially one place I'm keeping in mind and it's a 5 left that definitely isn't a 5 left. My first practice was going great. I remembered the tight town section from running through it before a couple of times in a Moment and Some Quick Play I did at the start of the game so that was nice and uneventful until I yeeted the car off at the "5 right" (More like a 3)....

I went so far off it felt like the game came up with the Unrecoverable Message before I even hit anything 😂

I'll be doing my run later tonight, I wont be able to rest until I reach the bridge that crosses over to the right side of the Valley and the fast part starts. I know roughly where I'm at in that part of the stage and there's less stage ending hazards.

Last edited:
Today's event is going to produce some interesting results...
About four times and 374 N/A where people got Terminal Damage and didn't complete the event... :banghead:

I know a lot of you are having fun with these but i can't see me doing these events for very long to be honest. For me personally, I'm not finding them fun. I have enough stress in the day job, so having stress in games as well is the last thing I need.
I can't remember the co driver calls enough on longer stages which is giving me problems.
Plus at this point in my life I'm used to having rewind or restart available.

Gutted.

How it was going...
1700356614411.png

How it actually went...
1700356655010.png

sad-man-crying-out-loud-meme-74loufg1hlyn7h48.gif

Last edited:
Plus at this point in my life I'm used to having rewind or restart available.
I've had this thought a few times as well. I'd be a lot more inclined to tackle championships or other longer single player content if there was a rewind. Or even just minor checkpoints where you could get a flying respawn every 20-30 seconds.

They could do it like Trackmania and just keep the timer running when people respawn, and have a hardcore mode with respawn disabled for the elitist jerks crowd. People aren't going to be running WR times if they're respawning, but they'll probably be having more fun and they'll likely learn faster as they get to repeat the bits they struggle with over and over.

10+ minute stages requiring intense concentration and memorisation where you can potentially DNF at almost any time is not really that relaxing. At least with circuit racing on most tracks a moment of lapsed control or concentration just costs you ten seconds in the gravel.

I agree that a setting with more forgiving conditions would be a nice addition. The 5 Restarts in the old DiRT Rally 2 Dailies, Weeklies and monthlies was a nice cushion to fall back on. Everything being one shot is rather stressful and hardcore for my liking.

I have some pace but also have a penchant for yeeting myself into trees so the One Shot stuff isn't treating me too well 😂

Is the évent still open today? I had absolutely zéro time yesterday and I got back very late from a family day.....so if sunday still allows to set a time, that would be great ✌️

I agree that a setting with more forgiving conditions would be a nice addition. The 5 Restarts in the old DiRT Rally 2 Dailies, Weeklies and monthlies was a nice cushion to fall back on. Everything being one shot is rather stressful and hardcore for my liking.

I have some pace but also have a penchant for yeeting myself into trees so the One Shot stuff isn't treating me too well 😂

The dailies and weeklies in DR2 were one shot as well 👍🏻. WRC Generations allowed 3 attempts/restarts on everything.

I’m in 2 minds, one shot, to me, levels the playing field a bit. If you had 5 attempts, the fastest would get much faster and the average joes like me would maybe find a couple seconds or just be correcting errors. One shot forces an element of care and is a bit more realistic to real rallying.

That said, I think there should be an element of forgiveness that could be selected as an option, like allowing a restart or 2 from terminal damage incidents for example, or allowing 3 attempts on daily events only. Weekly events I think should be restricted to one attempt though.

I am somewhat glad there is no rewind function in the game as well, it dilutes the risk vs reward that makes rally games so much fun to play. Plus, if it did have rewind, I can almost guarantee that it wouldn’t be enabled in clubs or online play anyway.

The dailies and weeklies in DR2 were one shot as well 👍🏻. WRC Generations allowed 3 attempts/restarts on everything.

I’m in 2 minds, one shot, to me, levels the playing field a bit. If you had 5 attempts, the fastest would get much faster and the average joes like me would maybe find a couple seconds or just be correcting errors. One shot forces an element of care and is a bit more realistic to real rallying.

Strange, Don't know why I thought DiRT 2 challenges had multiple attempts. I must be thinking of something else...

I don't really mind myself to be honest, The mistakes I've made are from me pushing too hard and not giving myself enough leeway. Either way I've still enjoyed our first couple of championships.

I'm more thoughtful of players perhaps who don't find the game as easy as some of us feeling frustrated and too overpressured to be able to continue taking part. I feel like that would be a shame. This club has a great group of people in it from the fast to the not quite as fast. It would be a shame to lose anyone of either discription just for the sake of some extra accessibility.

At the end of the day there are clubs we can join for the hardcore side of the game (Jake from GP Laps runs a great one) But I didn't think that was what the feel of this club is about. I feel a balance of accessibility aswell as (quite rightly) punishing mistakes should be made.

Good job with the score keeping and running these 2 championships so far by the way👍 I especially enjoyed your little blurbs of the cars and stages too👌

Last edited:
Strange, Don't know why I thought DiRT 2 challenges had multiple attempts. I must be thinking of something else...

I don't really mind myself to be honest, The mistakes I've made are from Mr pushing too hard and not giving myself enough leeway. Either way I've still enjoyed our first couple of championships.

I'm more thoughtful of players perhaps who don't find the game as easy as some of us feeling frustrated and too overpressured to be able to continue taking part. I feel like that would be a shame.

At the end of the day There are clubs we can join for the hardcore side of the game (Jake from GP Laps runs a great one) But I didn't think that was what the feel of this club is about. I feel a balance of accessibility aswell as (quite rightly) punishing mistakes should be made.

Yeah I guess finding that balance is the key, it’s difficult to define accessible when it comes to daily events and such. Invariably there will be stages that are difficult and whatnot, just from the nature of the game being on the more difficult side of things.

At the end of the day it’s all a bit of fun. I think the first main season will use the Rally2 machines so should be plenty accessible for everyone as they’re pretty forgiving cars.

Man, I got so nervous just before starting the stage :lol:. I did mistakes I've never done before in sector 1, but managed to keep the car in one piece. The first 4-5 mins were full of small mistakes and, eh, shaky driving. And all this on a stage that I'm pretty familiar with :ouch:

Far from a clean run, but I did manage to finish, so I guess that's something. Also, looks like my brake keeps sticking every now and then...

The final round of the FWD Tarmac exhibition is complete, and oh boy! Was it a race of attrition. 18 started, 8 made it to the end. Well done to all who survived the brutal Corscia tarmac.
Round 5: Corica, Albarello - Partly Cloudy (dry) afternoon
RankDisplayNameVehicleTimeTimePenaltyDifferenceToFirstPlatform
1Almu89Renault Maxi Mégane08:42.68400:00.00000:00.000XBOX
2DreadmedVolkswagen Golf IV Kit Car08:54.10400:00.00000:11.420STEAM
3CabelmaniaPeugeot 306 Maxi09:11.12100:00.00000:28.437PSN
4GOTMAXPOWERPeugeot 306 Maxi09:13.93400:07.00000:31.250PSN
5NeomonePeugeot 306 Maxi09:26.25800:00.00000:43.574STEAM
6muumilapsusVauxhall Astra Rally Car09:26.26800:00.00000:43.584PSN
7Space_WadetRenault Maxi Mégane09:41.87800:30.00000:59.194STEAM
8ukmikeyaPeugeot 306 Maxi09:50.56400:00.00001:07.880XBOX

@Ali takes the win in the Renault Megane, just a few seconds up the road from @Dreadmed in the VW Golf and @Cabelmania with a hard earned podium in the Peugeot 306. Well done to all who finished.

And with that, here are the final standings for the exhibition.
DisplayNameRankPointsAccumulated
Space_Wadet178
Almu89263
Neomone360
RDA-JETS455
xxXJojjeXxx551
Dreadmed648
Larzi25742
Hasnain282840
GOTMAXPOWER939
Zero_The_North1036
magpieracer1135
Cabelmania1231
Speedster5021327
muumilapsus1425
P308R1523
NeilPearlJam1623
ukmikeya1719
aekara381814
bmxbandit281911
the13PeSK2010
frankiestail214
cutback73223
GTP_Northstar233
lebowski2242
FerryF1251
WRC Player260
Maique270
sonofflanos280
Pfei11290

With 1 stage win and 3 further podiums, it's @space_wadet who takes overall honours, congratulations!

@Ali made a superb surge with 3 stage wins on the bounce after 2 DNS at the beginning.

And finally @Imari with superb consistent running in and around the top 6 on all bar 1 event completes the overall podium.

Thanks everyone for taking part again! I believe the next event will be a slightly longer championship at the design of @Pfei . See you all then.

Looking forward to the longer events.

For the guys struggling, if it’s any help, how I approach rally is drive with the main consideration of protecting the car at all costs.
This will give you a margin of error and whilst it mightn’t be the fastest way it normally pays come the proper multi stage events and is also more in the spirit of real rally.

Try not to think of this as a game, but more of a true rally simulator, you’ll find you’ll drive less stressed as well as learn to appreciate a tiny bit of what the real life rally drivers experience.

The first 2 stages didn't go to plan.
EA SPORTS%E2%84%A2 WRC.jpg

I wouldn't object to a single restart if it's an option as sometimes you do miss a co-driver call (or in my case, go off in a daydream and forget your playing a racing game!). I used them occasionally in WRC. My performances reflect my abilities and as a wheel user who has never driven a car I think I do OK :lol:

The first 2 stages didn't go to plan.
View attachment 1304791

I wouldn't object to a single restart if it's an option as sometimes you do miss a co-driver call (or in my case, go off in a daydream and forget your playing a racing game!). I used them occasionally in WRC. My performances reflect my abilities and as a wheel user who has never driven a car I think I do OK :lol:

Sadly there’s no option to add restarts.

A quick question;
At what point during the club championship can you close the game without getting disqualified?
Is it between every stage or in the pits?

Haven't played a rally game actively since the original dirt rally, and have no recollection on how it worked there.

A quick question;
At what point during the club championship can you close the game without getting disqualified?
Is it between every stage or in the pits?

Haven't played a rally game actively since the original dirt rally, and have no recollection on how it worked there.
Right after a stage, or from the service park are OK.

Latest Posts

Back