GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 654 comments
Guys, sorry to report that due to changes coming to my workload after the new year, it's going to be hard for me to compile results and keep standing updated in a consistent, timely manner. So we have two options:

1) Use the built-in points system (this could complicate multi-class)
2) Someone is willing to take over the league (I can appoint people as admin to the existing club)

Guys, sorry to report that due to changes coming to my workload after the new year, it's going to be hard for me to compile results and keep standing updated in a consistent, timely manner. So we have two options:

2) Someone is willing to take over the league (I can appoint people as admin to the existing club)

I can certainly help with the running of the league 👍

Honestly, we don't have to compete in multiclass, because there are enough first-class cars for everyone and our racing budget is unlimited ;). Many classes in the game contain several cars, so there will certainly be variation. The reason why there are several classes in real life today is to get more events on the track for spectators. Le Mans used to be a one-class race before the biggest teams started spending so much money that the smaller ones couldn't match it.

We could come up with restrictions on the use of cars. Many classes have 1-2 OP or somewhat better cars, so it would be nice if there was a rule that each car in the class should be used once. This way we avoid one-car races, when most would otherwise use the best possible car.

Here are some car testing results that I have done.

Last edited:
Honestly, we don't have to compete in multiclass, because there are enough first-class cars for everyone and our racing budget is unlimited ;). Many classes in the game contain several cars, so there will certainly be variation. The reason why there are several classes in real life today is to get more events on the track for spectators. Le Mans used to be a one-class race before the biggest teams started spending so much money that the smaller ones couldn't match it.

We could come up with restrictions on the use of cars. Many classes have 1-2 OP or somewhat better cars, so it would be nice if there was a rule that each car in the class should be used once. This way we avoid one-car races, when most would otherwise use the best possible car.

Here are some car testing results that I have done.

By multiclass I refer to the three WRC classes. Those are balanced unlike the historic cars.

Here's my 5cents;

I don't mind people using whatever car they want in the class.
If you've got the drive to be the fastest by any means, I say go for it.
I even don't mind people taking silly shortcuts if that's their fancy.

Just play the way the that is most fun to YOU.
At the end of the day, it's just a game and there's nothing concrete to be lost or gained.

So ..uh I guess I'm trying to say, I'm down for anything. I'll be in the bushes at the first corner anyway.

I like the Idea of banning the OP cars to be honest. That will open the car choice up to everyone without people having to worry of missing out on performance, We will also have a nice variety of different cars amongst us. New Skoda in Rally 2, McRae R4 in NR4, McRae MK2 in H2RWD are some OP cars I have noticed already.

Then again this is just a thought and If more people want to keep the OP cars I don't mind. I'm a huge M-Sport/Ford owner and fan so I will be choosing those regardless anyway. 😊 👍

Last edited:
I like the Idea of banning the OP cars to be honest. That will open the car choice up to everyone without people having to worry of missing out on performance, We will also have a nice variety of different cars amongst us. New Skoda in Rally 2, McRae R4 in NR4, McRae MK2 in H2RWD are some OP cars I have noticed already.

Then again this is just a thought and If more people want to keep the OP cars I don't mind. I'm a huge M-Sport/Ford owner and fan so I will be choosing those regardless anyway. 😊 👍
The car classes are totally imbalanced beyond the modern WRC cars, so if we ever do historic cars it will likely be locked to a single car per rally.

The new Fabia is the quickest car in Rally 2, but personally I don't think it's too OP to warrant a ban. And no, it's not the car I'd go for, I'll take the Hyundai i20... :P

Is there any chance we could have a sort of an acclimatisation pre season Club Event just so the club doesn't stay inactive for the foreseeable future and gives the members something to do.

I understand that there are a few issues that are slowing the start of proper activities but I thought we just aswell try something in the meantime.

Just a thought. If people prefer to wait for the more (for want of a better word) - "serious" stuff to start that's fine.

Last edited:
Is there any chance we could have a sort of an acclimatisation pre season Club Event just so the club doesn't stay inactive for the foreseeable future and gives the members something to do.

Just a thought.
Most definitely. We will have a few warm up events. I am waiting on bug fixes but I guess we could probably cook up something informal right now.

One thing that infuriates me is that we can no longer set up events on Racenet. I have to be at the PS5 to do it now, and I'm not at my PS5 very often LOL.

@MagpieRacer since you had offered a helping hand I made you admin of the league, so if you want to spin up an event real quick, be my guest...

Most definitely. We will have a few warm up events. I am waiting on bug fixes but I guess we could probably cook up something informal right now.

One thing that infuriates me is that we can no longer set up events on Racenet. I have to be at the PS5 to do it now, and I'm not at my PS5 very often LOL.

@MagpieRacer since you had offered a helping hand I made you admin of the league, so if you want to spin up an event real quick, be my guest...

I’ll knock something up for the weekend, 4 days, 1 stage a day in 4 different classes perhaps for a bit of fun?

If people prefer to wait for certain fixes that's fine ofcourse. We just don't know if or when they will be addressed and with the healthy member count we have it seems a shame to just let the club sit inactive.

How many runs do we get at this ? Is it one shot only or do we get a chance to learn the stages first ?

I think it's fairer for it to be one-shot just like the DiRT Rally 2 Dailies, Weeklies and Monthlies. Otherwise it's just advantage to people who have the most spare time to grind and do 1000 runs :lol:

It also forces us to drive similarly to Rally Drivers IRL where theres a balance to be made of going fast enough and also being able to finish in one piece👍

Last edited:
As expected I'm bringing up the rear in a big way so far. Analysing everyone else's lines on the website it looks like I need to improve my SIFO (or actually implement some). Also I might need to disable traction control completely (it's on 1 atm). Glad this is just a fun run.

I smashed the car in shakedown. :D
I skipped shakedown as I didn't need the extra set of tyres but don't they give you the option to repair the car after a smash like in single player?

Last edited:
As expected I'm bringing up the rear in a big way so far. Analysing everyone else's lines on the website it looks like I need to improve my SIFO. Also I might need to disable traction control completely (it's on 1 atm).
TC will be slowing you down so much accelerating out of corners, Also in 4WD cars its helpful to have some slip so you can powerslide through tight hairpins Etc.

I nearly ruined my run. Towards the end there is a chicane like set of corners that looks like the second part can be cut but there's a group of rocks chilling in the undergrowth. I narrowly scraped over the top of them but for a second I thought I was set for a somersault or two 😁

Last edited:
As expected I'm bringing up the rear in a big way so far. Analysing everyone else's lines on the website it looks like I need to improve my SIFO (or actually implement some). Also I might need to disable traction control completely (it's on 1 atm). Glad this is just a fun run.

I skipped shakedown as I didn't need the extra set of tyres but don't they give you the option to repair the car after a smash like in single player?
I was able to repair the car but it added a lot of time.
Or maybe I missed something, first time in that menu.

I was able to repair the car but it added a lot of time.
Or maybe I missed something, first time in that menu.
The time comes out of your pre-race repair session which is super long to accomodate shakedown crashes. It won't affect your repair time later in subsequent repair sessions.

Last edited:
I nearly ruined my run. Towards the end there is a chicane like set of corners that looks like the second part can be cut but there's a group of rocks chilling in the undergrowth. I narrowly scraped over the top of them but for a second I thought I was set for a somersault or two 😁
This one got me as well. It makes me even more depressed to know that even if I missed it everybody would still have beaten my time :( 😭

Back