GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Yep, that's lightning..

1719697820390.png

I feel like racing in these conditions was the norm not even ten years ago. I'm of two minds when it comes to so much safety car during rain. Are these the types of race cars that are built to combat this weather?
I remember a red flag at 24h Nürburgring and Maxime Martine flying in the rain at times beeing 20 seconds faster than all other GT3s.
On the hand a drifting Audi R8 Safety Car at Le Mans during red flag. I don't think it was different and it's just that all three 24h races this year are hit by these conditions.

Last edited:
Safety Car in at the end of the lap!

Edit: I wonder if increasing the minimum ride height for endurance races would help to prevent getting in situations like this, where you either have to spent an insane long time behind the Safety Car, because of water on the track, or even completely red flag the race.
I don't feel like the rain tyres are necessarily the problem here.

Last edited:
Jesus. The stationary camera, at the end of the old pitline, showing all those cars just flying past the stranded McLaren at full throttle was insanely scary.
Absolutely shameful conduct.

With tracks like Spa having official micro timing sectors, and the race Stewards having full access to them, I hope they throw the book at everyone of those drivers that didn't slow for what were yellow flags, possibly double yellows.

They don't get to choose to put themselves or others in serious danger.

I sincerely hope big fines and licence endorsements are coming for the guilty.

Back