Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,901 comments
So much to do in game huh? Does that mean single player now actually has an offline career with races that require a licence above A class?
Funny you mention the license thing - as much as I agree with you, I recall there being a special limited-time event that tied into the GTWS Finals that did indeed require a higher license.

Otherwise, I don't think it'll happen unless we somehow get new championships in World Circuits, which I'd totally be down for. Maybe one featuring the F1500T-A, with various older GP venues such as Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, Nurburgring GP, and Fuji.

That being said, I think the actual Sport Mode championships are a lot more fun than racing against the AI. Not even because of how the AI is at the moment, but I just think racing against humans is better in any racing game. It just seems fundamental to the concept, y'know? So maybe we could see more GTWS tie-in events that require higher licenses, especially since they're still races against the AI.

EDIT: I'm still sort of waiting on the Gr.1 Prototype Series to get its regulations retroactively changed to actually limit players to Gr.1 cars, much like how the Nissan GT-R Cup was changed to permit the KPGC10 and C110.

Last edited:
Yes, if you actually had the game you'd see that there are 208 races in the event directory to play as single player, with an additional 28 races in the championships section of world circuits
Do those races require a license above A ? I think that was his question. Not sure anything has been added that requires the higher licenses, which renders them a bit useless.

Yikes. Alex, engage in conversation, man.
You know my reply was engagement right?

Please do show me where in the License centre is says they're prerequisites to entering races? the License centre's purposes is for people to get better at driving, it's forcing people to do the first license even before you unlock sport mode... why? to try make you a better driver. Going through the next licenses helps you hone those skills further, that's their purpose. Yikes its almost as if you lack any critical thinking and follow a mob of "Game Bad" because it's not an identical replica of GT4

Last edited:
The License centre's purposes is for people to get better at driving, it's forcing people to do the first license even before you unlock sport mode... why? to try make you a better driver. Going through the next licenses helps you hone those skills further, that's their purpose.
In previous GTs, there were events tied to each level of license, giving you much more incentive to get the licenses. I don't understand why they did not do the same with GT7 (I mean for all licenses above A)

Last edited:
Please do show me where in the License centre is says they're prerequisites to entering races?
You’re the one who said they are. Lies.

the License centre's purposes is for people to get better at driving, it's forcing people to do the first license even before you unlock sport mode... why? to try make you a better driver. Going through the next licenses helps you hone those skills further, that's their purpose. Yikes its almost as if you lack any critical thinking and follow a mob of "Game Bad" because it's not an identical replica of GT4
Or almost like someone remember how licenses used to work in older GT games and want that experience back. Stop acting like a paranoid fanboy all the time.

I think it's fair to question the implementation of licenses, yeah. Either have it be a separate mode completely or have races that escalate up to requiring all of them, either's fine, but them being required up to national A and then stopping there was a weird decision for sure.

You’re the one who said they are. Lies.
Can't see anywhere in the license centre that it says you need to pass this to enter world circuit events
Or almost like someone remember how licenses used to work in older GT games and want that experience back. Stop acting like a paranoid fanboy all the time.
You've got nostalgia glasses stuck to your head soo hard you can't understand how the GT7 works

Last edited:
Can't see anywhere in the license centre that it says you need to pass this to enter world circuit events
Ok, good. Then why did you answer “yes” when someone asked if the licenses above A are a requirement?

You've got nostalgia glasses stuck to your head soo hard you can't understand how the GT7 works
What are you talking about? So random.

Last edited:
I misread the post which I mentioned above, where you even poo reacted it, come on keep up
To be honest I don't care…
No, you didn’t care. Then you proceeded to act like someone else said it when in fact it was a question.

You literally said how older games had licenses, well this isn’t an older game now is it? Come on keep up

And what does that have to do with me and your wild assumption that I’m stuck with “nostalgia glasses” and no understanding of GT7? Do I need to remind you that you’re the one being called out being wrong here?

Funny you mention the license thing - as much as I agree with you, I recall there being a special limited-time event that tied into the GTWS Finals that did indeed require a higher license.

Otherwise, I don't think it'll happen unless we somehow get new championships in World Circuits, which I'd totally be down for. Maybe one featuring the F1500T-A, with various older GP venues such as Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, Nurburgring GP, and Fuji.

That being said, I think the actual Sport Mode championships are a lot more fun than racing against the AI. Not even because of how the AI is at the moment, but I just think racing against humans is better in any racing game. It just seems fundamental to the concept, y'know? So maybe we could see more GTWS tie-in events that require higher licenses, especially since they're still races against the AI.

EDIT: I'm still sort of waiting on the Gr.1 Prototype Series to get its regulations retroactively changed to actually limit players to Gr.1 cars, much like how the Nissan GT-R Cup was changed to permit the KPGC10 and C110.
Kinda cool they had it for GTWS, weird if that's only time though
Pity, it'd be nice to see a bit more structural content of this kind in the game

Yes, if you actually had the game you'd see that there are 208 races in the event directory to play as single player, with an additional 28 races in the championships section of world circuits
236 races built up after 2 years of updates, which only surpasses the race count of 215 in Gran Turismo 2. A ps1 game made in 1999...

That's still not enough compared to what Gran Turismo 3 & 4 had, add an extra 200 events and get rid of the chase-the-rabbit system. Then it may be decent.

Oh and it should have proper endurance events added that aren't one and done.

Last edited:
236 races built up after 2 years of updates, which only surpasses the race count of 215 Gran Turismo 2. A ps1 game made in 1999...

That's still not enough compared to what Gran Turismo 3 & 4 had, add an extra 200 events and get rid of the chase-the-rabbit system. Then it may be decent.

Careful now, you are hitting his head with waaaay too many facts.

Last edited:
In regards to custom race mode, while making my own races can be fun. They don't make up for GT7's extremely short GT Cafe mode for me for a few reasons.

1. They don't pay well enough even after Spec 2.0, I would say 2-4x the current value would be enough.
2. You can only pick only cars in your garage, it should be like in Forza Horizon 5 where you can pick any car as an opponent without owning it.
3. No ability to change color/livery to opponent cars unless once again; you buy a bunch of clones and give them each a different livery. The fact you have to do that is insane when there's racing games before GT7 that allowed you that exact freedom, this is just a needless restriction.
4. The A.I. is too slow.

With that said, it shouldn't be a fill in for a career mode anyway, but rather a bonus mode. It's become a pet peeve of mine whenever companies think that because they made this mode, that means it's automatically okay to short-shaft somewhere else.
Another is that all the cars in the game aren't available as rental cars.

236 races built up after 2 years of updates, which only surpasses the race count of 215 in Gran Turismo 2. A ps1 game made in 1999...

To add to this, GT2 has 52 track variations to GT7's 115, so it's not unreasonable to expect twice as many races, is it?
For more recent comparison, even GT Sport's campaign has 301 races, 25 of which are ~1h endurance races, while GT7 has just the Spa 1h. I would think, given so much development time, that they might have aimed a little higher, even just one person could make one event per weekday, right?

Some of the weekly challenge Special Events show promise, why not just copy the settings for that Porsche 356 event, make another five-race championship? Or copy the format of the Spa 1h and make a whole 800PP World Endurance Cup? Are they waiting for GT8? Are PD and Sony AI going to teach Sophy to organise new race events by itself?

To add to this, GT2 has 52 track variations to GT7's 115, so it's not unreasonable to expect twice as many races, is it?
Nope, not at all.

For more recent comparison, even GT Sport's campaign has 301 races, 25 of which are ~1h endurance races, while GT7 has just the Spa 1h. I would think, given so much development time, that they might have aimed a little higher, even just one person could make one event per weekday, right?
GT7 also has those 1 hour human comedy mission races, but they're one and done events basically.

But you're right, it shouldn't be that difficult to build up more single-player events than the rate they're doing. They could easily fix that with the new events we see in weekly challenges by making those permanent, but they don't for some reason.

It feels like a case of purposely doing it to retain player retention, but I don't see the financial gain from that.

Last edited:
That's one race more than Ridge Racer 6's career mode. How many races did GT3 or GT4 have again?

But the most absolute overkill career mode in a racing game would be Forza Motorsport 4 with over 1,260 races (including the Porsche expansion).

Back