GT Sport - General discussion about what we know so far - Updated twice - 10/28/15

Does what we know so far excite you about GTSport?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture already worries me, a Batmobile leading an LMP/GT race...

fly2kl.png

And correct me if i'm wrong but if you look at the track detail, it looks like it's pulled straight from GT6.

Same old PD idea that a race at the 'Ring would include LMP anything these days....

This does not fill me with confidence.

Well sure it looks nice but it's still one car and with no proof it's in game. Every GT5&6 trailer was pre-rendered and looked better than in-game, so it's still not much to go on.

What I want to see to judge the graphics is mainly how well detailed the tracks are. We know the car models already look fantastic and their lighting is second to none but how much have they improved the tracks, that is what I want to know. Even with a pre-rendered trailer we will be able to see how the trees look, the grass, the general trackside detail etc. So far we've only got that one shot and whilst the tree in the front looks better, we can't see anything else bar a little 3D grass detail on the grass in the right. Which is ok, but nothing to write home about.

Hard to tell anything from a promo video as they're often nothing like the finished product but the FIA sanctioned events sound great. It's long overdue GT getting into the esport scene.

As for the game itself, bring on PSX. I'm hungry for more details and especially how the gameplay will look.

Roll on Black Friday. It looks like I'll be getting the PS4 earlier than I thought.

Same old PD idea that a race at the 'Ring would include LMP anything these days....

This does not fill me with confidence.

I have the same feeling... LMP car on the big Nürburgring, GT3 cars and LMP, Hydrogen VGT with GT3 and LMP.. If they still persist to provide that kind of starting grid in the next gen, I'll quickly be angry. This is only a trailer, but we know Polyphony Digital way of doing things... An Anarchic beauty.

I keep my fingers crossed, but this isn't what we should see.

About Jim Ryan's interview, I still don't understand what GTSport really is.

A tiny thing but they're seemingly stylising the title as Gran Turismo SPORT. It's written in caps in every official text.

I dont trust anything but actual gameplay footage. But well I am looking foward it... first new GT on PS4... is about time!

FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship
The FIA aims to formally ratify the “Gran Turismo Online Championship” at the organization’s next World Motorsport Council meeting. Two championships will be held simultaneously throughout the year: the “Nations Cup” and “Manufacturers Cup”, where players represent either their country or their favorite car manufacturer.

Once ratified, the FIA will manage the series directly as any of their other franchises, including the World Rally Championship, Formula 1, World Endurance Championship, etc. The winners will be honored at the FIA’s annual prize-giving ceremonies in Paris.

Next World Motor Sports Council meeting in Mexico, October 30.

http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-sport-council-2015-mexico

are theese new replayangles or freefly mode possible?

Also alot rally in promo, hope that means more rally in game too.

Music but no enginesound is worrying.

the song used, i like it

Last edited:
The angles in the video? PD always create trailers and videos using angles not possible in game, this isn't anything new.
Haha had to read your post 5 times, didnt get where the angels came. Mind is playing me a prank.
Yeah, but it should be possible with free angles now that there is ps4 power. But possible or not you are right.

OP updated again with latest news item concerning release date.

I don't know if this is 100% credible, but have a crack at this. A German gaming website posted an article about a German driving school doing some lessons featuring a pre-alpha release of Gran Turismo 7 and PS VR. The translation of the article is following.

The time has come where technology takes over various tasks we humans do, and a German driving school now takes the first step into the future, by replacing the normal driving lessons with driving lessons with Gran Turismo.

At the moment, testing phases are running at a small Bavarian driving school with several volunteers and a pre-alpha version of Gran Turismo 7 for the PlayStation 4. The driving school manifests itself:

"Todays videogames have gone so far in development, that we can now replace the typical driving lessons with them. Our driving students can practice under real conditions by driving a Mercedes-Benz AMG. With that, they have the opportunity to get themselves comfortable with driving their first car. Thanks to PlayStation VR and a special cabin it's almost like driving a real car. The aggressiveness of driving a car in a race, affects the driving students in a positive way on the road."

At the moment, other driving schools are working on a opportunity to do the same with either Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport. What the future may bring us with Virtual Reality, is yet unknown.

http://gamernation.eu/2015/10/erste-fahrschule-ersetzt-fahrstunden-durch-gran-turismo/

So does this mean cars like the skyline and RX7 won't be appearing , I mean that's ok , but my question is , is it like project cars , with like , all race cars ? I mean don't get me wrong I like the idea , especially the R18 :D

It's too early to tell right now, so I'm keeping my cards to my chest until we get some information on the actual structure of the game. If it plays like a traditional GT game with FIA icing on the cake then that would be great. I can't help but feel the FIA partnership has overshadowed the games structure though.... this speculation about it being online only and how the offline experience will be compromised scares me....

So does this mean cars like the skyline and RX7 won't be appearing , I mean that's ok , but my question is , is it like project cars , with like , all race cars ? I mean don't get me wrong I like the idea , especially the R18 :D

Seeing as we already say the 4C and MX-5 (the new Baby Toyota aswell) so no, road cars will be there.

I think GT Sport will be the online counterpart of the more offline based GT7. For players who like online racing, GT Sport will be something to enjoy especially because of the real life interaction with FIA. But for me as an offline 'race to collect player' I don't think GT Sport will be something for me. The lack of new cars shown in the trailer disturbs me. If the Lamborghini Veneno is the car that should leave us in awe then surely that failed on me. Basically it's just a modified Aventador! If it was a Koenigsegg One:1, Porsche 918, SSC Tuatara or a Zenvo ST1 then I would be more interested. Now they just showed some GT6 cars without any new brands of even completely new models.

I'd say you were judging a book by it's cover. The video is just a teaser to build the hype, and knowing PD, there'll be a few more cars to choose from in the retail release.

What's worrying me is the VR. How far are they going to have to tone the graphical fidelity/gameplay down to achieve an acceptable framerate? I've read about Driveclub running with VR and apparently it's a great experience but they had to lower the graphics (no idea how far but they did) and even the grid slots from 12 to 8. Knowing PD and how far they push the graphics, there'll have to be concessions unless they've got a miracle or two up their sleeves.

I'm really pinning my hopes on the PSVR as it's probably the cheapest way into VR, even with having to buy a PS4, but I don't want a watered down version of the game, especially where GT's concerned. I'd rather throw down the cash on upgrades for my PC (or even build another) to run Rift or Vive at full quality and stick with the TV for GTS/GT7.

There's a difference between the abilities of Evolution Studios and Polyphony Digital. Things will have to be toned down, but I doubt it would be as much as Evolution has to do with DriveClub. PD have their games run around 60FPS, while Driveclub is 30FPS, so to make the game run at 60FPS for VR, they had to cut a lot of details down, and it's currently in an alpha stage.

I'm interested in what PD can do with PSVR. The only other PS developer that would be fully capable of managing game development to work great on PSVR would probably be Naughty Dog. I know there's other devs working on PSVR games, but PD and ND are the best of the best when it comes to making games on the PlayStation console.

This has nothing to do with the OP.
Perhaps more a question for @Jordan

But I would like to ask where the confirmation of "There’s no doubt about it – Gran Turismo Sport will be fully compatible with the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset." came from?

I haven't seen it in any pre/post PGW interviews.
And it's questionable whether that is exactly what was stated on stage via translator-san.
(To my mind Kaz said GT Sport during his answer, but translator-san didn't follow with that)

I don't deny the inference towards it, but 'confirmation', let alone "There’s no doubt about it", eludes me at this time.
Other than the GTP news report, of course.

You want to stop all discussion because you're the first genuine psychic in the world?

Admittedly, the first genuine psychic - or perhaps he's a time traveller - would be discussion-stopping news! :lol:

This has nothing to do with the OP.
Perhaps more a question for @Jordan

But I would like to ask where the confirmation of "There’s no doubt about it – Gran Turismo Sport will be fully compatible with the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset." came from?

I haven't seen it in any pre/post PGW interviews.
And it's questionable whether that is exactly what was stated on stage via translator-san.
(To my mind Kaz said GT Sport during his answer, but translator-san didn't follow with that)

I don't deny the inference towards it, but 'confirmation', let alone "There’s no doubt about it", eludes me at this time.
Other than the GTP news report, of course.

Well Jordan evidently knows more than he's letting on publicly since he already exclusively revealed the three game modes. So I guess he knows it to be true based on what he's been told privately.

I only hope that VR implementation won't be equal to what 3D implementation has been for PS3 era GT: a time/resource-waster with minimal results.

BTW to be honest I remember that with GT4 they experimented with HD experience too, so...let's hope guys :nervous:

I will try and wait until the beta releases to say anything. I'm not downing anyone, I'm just not trying to get hyped like I sometimes do. I'm excited, sure, but what it is right now is little more than a mystery to me. I'm just going to wait while the floodgates of information spew forth very tentative answers about how much more superior GTS will be compared to GT6. And when I play it, I'll have something to say.

Well Jordan evidently knows more than he's letting on publicly since he already exclusively revealed the three game modes. So I guess he knows it to be true based on what he's been told privately.
Well, yes.
Kind of agree.

But in essence, that was my question.
Is there 'confirmation' via Jordan (which now has obviously been made public knowledge), or was this 'confirmation' via another source.
And have all other 'reports' come from this GTP news item?

As it stands I find little proof of 'confimation' of VR for GT Sport, barring here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back