GT Sport Update 1.50 Arrives, With New Lewis Hamilton Content and the Return of Ruf

...I'd understand if they'd ask 3-5$ per car pack (even though game didn't have a lot of cars, many people would still buy it), but this!?!?
It can't ask anything for a car (or track) pack because splitting the playerbase up by what they have and don't have would completely destroy the FIA mode. It would be simply impossible to hold an FIA race at a DLC track because nobody without it could race or practice. And imagine if a DLC car was an option, and the best option for the race - it'd be pay-to-win.
And naming Hamilton Maestro... rofl
...so as it seems PD didn't wanna ask for $ from their loyal fans for 2 years, but when Hamilton has something to do, it was now PD for sure that asked for additional payment...

Maestro was Fangio, Maestro was Senna... Hamilton is crybaby as almost every other F1 driver of today... hands down to some of the older drivers that are still there...
Why calling Hamilton "the maestro"? The maestro is/was Fangio.
GT Sport has been calling Hamilton "The Maestro" for a good chunk over two years now - since his involvement was announced on October 12th, 2017. The game's opening credits include "The Maestro: Lewis Hamilton", and always have...

https://www.gtplanet.net/lewis-kaz-guide-lap-nurburgring-gp-course/

Since I already had some money in my wallet, I went ahead and picked up the LH TT. The understeer is crazy, and if you're on a controller like myself, this is going to be a huge hurdle to get past. Only tried a couple so far, and can see diamond is out of the question for me, and gold is going to be very difficult.

Also, always hated the chicane at Dragon Trail, now I despise it. :lol:

Also pretty sure the word is spanish, Fangio was argentinian.
Fangio's grandfather was Giuseppe Fangio, he came from Italy in the 1880's
MMX
Since I already had some money in my wallet, I went ahead and picked up the LH TT. The understeer is crazy, and if you're on a controller like myself, this is going to be a huge hurdle to get past. Only tried a couple so far, and can see diamond is out of the question for me, and gold is going to be very difficult.

Lewis Hamilton's lap is out of the question for 99.9% of the fanbase, including myself even if I'm supposedly in the 1-5%

Well, I checked and unsurprisingly maestro is a word in Spanish too. Guess it was just my Italo-centric perspective!

Last edited:
Warning small rant included
So my opinion on the update
BMW M3 E46 welcome back old friend with the treatment you deserve.
Jaguar VGT looking forward to it.
Re Amemiya RX-7 nice return im not a fan of it but that may change like with many others cars in GTS.
RUF CTR3 RUF is back yayyyy! (Fun fact thats the first update to thair GT lineup since GT4)
Toyota GT86 Limited why just why? not only is it a needless duplicate but also brings me flashbacks of GT6 when we got that 🤬🤬 Gazoo Racing 86 instead of the LFA! (and yes im still bothered by that) what makes it worse is that we never got a proper racing LFA since the planned RM for GT5 was thrown in the bin and the RC F covers that spot in GTS .But besides that they could of brought GT Auto back giving the option of either the 2015 or the 2019 kits (that goes for all the duplicates) rather than adding the entire car to a huge 100GB+ game but being smart is not something they do often at PD. As for Laguna Seca im not even disapointed i knew it wasen't coming someone at playstation just 🤬 up , and im going to buy the LH DLC just because i have some change that are going to expire soon anyway and then watch myself not even able to get silver due to how 🤬 worthless i am so hey no upgraded credit cap for me 👍

I agree with you. Do we really need another Toyota 86 clone?

MMX

Dragon Trail is a crap.

Red Bull Ring and Spa are not part of this trial 💡

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I checked and not unsurprisingly maestro is a word in Spanish too. Guess it was just my Italo-centric perspective!
Its ok, italian and spanish are very similar. "El maestro" thats how they started calling him in argentina when he was winning F1 championships

ss3
Did anyone else buy the Lewis Hamilton time trials but aren’t able to access them??

Mine downloaded instantly but I'm not seeing any VR content which was the decider for me :-/

Why calling Hamilton "the maestro"? The maestro is/was Fangio.

maybe Nuovo Maestro would be better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wait for info did they change tyre requirements and if the hybrid compound still counts as 2 used tyre type. :)

#1st xd
Man? This is the First thing I've been looking for and have not come up with anything? Reddit? Nowhere? This completely changes the strats for Saturday night and since I'm always at work have limited time to practice? Please pm me or update if you here anything official?

I Agree, and that’s why I’m sour. Not because it wasn’t included, but because it was announced as being included and then it didn’t happen. That was basically the only thing I was looking forward to in this update other than the RX7.
I can guarantee that no one at PD is happy about Leguna Seca not being included this update either. Likely a last minute issue with the track or something dictated beyond their control.

I guess we didn't get that cool looking cockpit view either?

This might be an unpopular opinion: I know there won't be a live event for a while, but I'm kind of tired of seeing new features at the live events that we have to wait for. This game has been light on cars and tracks since it came out. Teasing stuff and making us wait for it is making this game a drag.

...so as it seems PD didn't wanna ask for $ from their loyal fans for 2 years, but when Hamilton has something to do, it wasn't PD for sure that asked for additional payment...

Maestro was Fangio, Maestro was Senna... Hamilton is crybaby as almost every other F1 driver of today... hands down to some of the older drivers that are still there...
Spotted the generic Hamilton hater. How are you going to assume that drivers of the past didn't complain when we don't have access to a lot of the team radio? Drivers are trying to push themselves to the limit while being under intense stressful conditions. Of course you wouldn't understand this from the comfort of your own home.

Man? This is the First thing I've been looking for and have not come up with anything? Reddit? Nowhere? This completely changes the strats for Saturday night and since I'm always at work have limited time to practice? Please pm me or update if you here anything official?

If I will get any information I will share it with You but to be honest I think we will get information about it after 1st FIA race on Saturday :(

Lewis' times pretty much reminds you the old Gran Turismo games so funny enough it's a decent DLC for GT fans.

I won't get this now since i am in no rush and most of the cars i lack are pretty much high rollers. My interest piqued mostly due to the fact you get 100m for all diamonds and that is alluring lol.

The car rewards are trash, would have preferred a GT3 variant at least.

I cried myself to sleep last night because Laguna. I almost broke my game in half because of the rage.

I'm planning on suing PD and Sony for 10 million dollars for emotional damages and a bait and switch.

I'm so damn tired of seeing them race new stuff then wait a few weeks to get it.

YOU PUT IT OUT NOW!! I HATE PATIENCE!! And talk about skimping on the content.

No monthly updates with cars and tracks like everyone else. What they added 3 cars and a track the past 2 years?

Real light on the content....

Back