GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
England
England
WilliamsJIM_Adam
showimg.php.jpg
GT4++Logo.jpg
GT4 European Cup
GT4++Logo.jpg
showimg.php.jpg

This race series will be based on the GT4 European Cup, the championship where GT Academy winners first go racing with Nissan. Cars are of equal performance in this championship but each have different characteristics and I have tried my best to re-create that in this race series. Clean and fair racing is a requirement if you are to participate in this series and if you haven't already, please read the GTP OLR rules.

-----

Champion: R1600Turbo

Final Standings + Fastest Laps

-----​

Race times:

This series will race on a Saturday starting at 16:30 BST (GMT+1) and lasting for around 1.5 hours. Click here for the time in your timezone.

At 16:30, the room will open. Practice (free run) will be held for 30 minutes. Practice is not mandatory but you must join 10 minutes before Qualifying starts at 17:00. A 2 lap practice race will be held to test for lag. Qualifying will then be run for 15 minutes determining the grid for the race which will start at 17:15. Race length discussed below.

-----​

Regulations:

Tyres: Racing Hards
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF
ABS: Optional

Race Length: 40 minutes of racing, with 1 mandatory pit stop within a certain lap-to-lap window*
Grip Reduction of Wet Track/Edge: Real
Damage: Light**

* Laps will be given before each race. This amount of laps will roughly equate to 40 minutes of racing + 1 lap. The pits will be open for a certain amount of laps (the amount closest to 10 minutes). The lap at which the pit opens and closes will be specified before each race in the Race Information.

**Damage will not be set to heavy considering it could end someone's race due to quite short race length. If however the light damage setting is being taken advantage of, damage will be set to heavy the race after.

Qualifying: When Qualifying is said to start, everyone should leave the track. The track will be reloaded and qualifying will start the moment it fully loads up. Qualifying will last for 15 minutes. If you are happy with one of your laps before the 15 minutes are up, do not leave the track. You should return to the pits making sure you do not interrupt anyone else's lap. If you run wide, cut a corner, or make contact with a barrier, you should abort the lap. You should not start a flying lap just behind someone else starting a flying lap to gain a slipstream as this will probably result in contact between the 2 drivers. Please be aware of other cars around you - use your mirrors and if it helps, reduce your track scale under the quick options menu. As soon as 15 minutes are up, the race will be started. The grid will have been set to "Fastest First".

Formation lap: Cars will drive at 50mph/80kmh in a staggered formation. The front end of a car shouldn't pass the back end of the car in front (whether the car in front is to your left or right).

Grid2.jpg
(Thanks WSGTC)

The pole position car will start on the inside line according to the first corner. It is up to the pole position car to determine when to start the race (and therefore exceed 50mph) and should do so within appropiate distance of the start/finish line, and not as soon as he turns on to the straight. Time must be given to the cars behind to exit out of the final corner. You should not overtake the car in front before crossing the start/finish line.

-----​

The Cars:

These cars will be loosely based off real GT4 cars from different seasons. To my understanding only 5 of the following 9 cars are participating in the 2011 season. The other 4 cars however are eligible and have participated at some point over the past 4 seasons.

• You must apply the exact parts listed to each car. You cannot reach the given BHP in other ways e.g. adding a turbo instead of a sports ECU.
  • You cannot add parts in order to make up for lost BHP because your engine is not fully broken in.
  • No wings have been given to these cars, in order to keep their performance similar.
Weight/Power ratio is used by the GT4 Cup to judge performance, and all cars must be around the 3.5 mark. The lower the number the better performance the car has. I have given these numbers for reference, but around Suzuka all of these cars are within 3 tenths of each other which you can see here. Try them for yourselves!

Mods that apply to all cars:
Oil Change
Chassis Reinforcement
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable Suspension
All drivetrain upgrades (twin-plate clutch, LSD etc)

It is also advised you get your chosen car's engine fully broken in (after 200 miles of driving). Miles can only be put on your car by driving it OFFLINE!

The Nissan 350z in Rally Yellow:
Cost of car = 36,300 | All other costs = 98,950
Power: 378 BHP
Weight: 1292 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.42
Performance Points: 494

Aero parts: -
Rims: Motegi Racing Touge, black
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction
Engine: Sports ECU
Intake System: - Racing Air Filter
Exhaust: Catalytic converter, Titanium Semi-Racing exhaust

---

The Chevrolet Camaro in Black Cyber Gray Hood with Hockey Stripe:
Cost of car = 35,000 | All other costs = 86,500
Power: 372 BHP
Weight: 1439 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.87
Performance Points: 499

Aero parts: -
Rims: BBS RE-MG, silver
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.0%
Intake System: -
Exhaust: -

---

The Ford Mustang in White: (A tune for this car can be found here).
Cost of car = 48,500 | All other costs = 137,000
Power: 415 BHP
Weight: 1331 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.21
Performance Points: 506

Aero parts: Type A Front
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 + 3 weight reduction, carbon hood (body colour)
Engine: Stage 1 engine tuning, Power limiter @ 98.5%
Turbokits: Supercharger

---

The Nissan 370z in Vibrant Red: NONE AVAILABLE
Cost of car = 43,750 | All other costs = 102,000
Power: 373 BHP
Weight: 1310 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.51
Performance Points: 491

Aero parts: Type B Front, Type A Rear
Rims: Motegi Racing Touge, black
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Carbon hood (body colour)
Engine: -
Exhaust: Catalytic Converter, Titanium Semi-Racing exhaust

---

The BMW M3 in Electric Orange (from a Focus ST):
Cost of car = 92,400 | All other costs = 97,000
Power: 374 BHP
Weight: 1423 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.80
Performance Points: 490

Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.9%
Exhaust: Sports exhaust

---

The Lotus Evora in Racing Green Metallic (from an Elise 111R): NONE AVAILABLE
Cost of car = 100,000 | All other costs = 94,000
Power: 319 BHP
Weight: 1223 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.83
Performance Points: 488

Rims: Prodrive GC-010G, silver
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stage 1 weight reduction
Engine: -
Intake System: Sports intake manifold
Exhaust: Sports exhaust manifold, Sports exhaust

---

The Chevrolet Corvette C6 in Le Mans Blue Metallic:
Cost of car = 94,500 | All other costs = 79,000
Power: 359 BHP
Weight: 1421 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.96
Performance Points: 500

Rims: RAYS VOLK RACING CE28N, greyish black
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: -
Engine: Power limiter @ 68.0%

---

The BMW Z4 M Coupe in AlpinweiB:
Cost of car = 69,500 | All other costs = 121,500
Power: 350 BHP
Weight: 1240 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.54
Performance Points: 489

Rims: Enkei JS+M, white
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 + 3 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction, Carbon hood (body colour)
Engine: Power limiter @ 95.7%
Exhaust: Sports exhaust

---

The Maserati GranTurismo S in White:
Cost of car = 166,500 | All other costs = 50,000
Power: 386 BHP
Weight: 1449 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.75
Performance Points: 492

Aero parts: Type A Front, Type A Rear
Rims: ENKEI SC03
Allowed mods:
Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.6%

---

• You must pick 1 car and stick with it through the whole season.
  • There is a maximum of 3 drivers per car.
  • I have tried my hardest to replicate the colours and bodywork of the real GT4 cars. You don't have to paint your cars in the same colour as above but it would be nice if you could. However it is expected you use the same rims and aero parts.

-----​

Success Ballast:

You can check who has what ballast here.

Weight ballast will be used in order to keep the playing field level. Ballast will differ from each car (but only slightly) so that when ballast is added, their total weight is a factor of 10 and therefore a safe minimum weight can be set when the cars are checked before entering the track.

47 kg for 1st, 27 kg for 2nd, 7 kg for 3rd - M3 and Evora
48 kg for 1st, 28 kg for 2nd, 8 kg for 3rd - 350z
49 kg for 1st, 29 kg for 2nd, 9 kg for 3rd - Corvette
50 kg for 1st, 30 kg for 2nd, 10 kg for 3rd - 370z and Z4 M Coupe
51 kg for 1st, 31 kg for 2nd, 11 kg for 3rd - Camaro and GranTurismo S
59 kg for 1st, 39 kg for 2nd, 19 kg for 3rd - Mustang*

Ballast can only be removed at 20kg (+/-10 if you finished 3rd, then the next race you finished 4th or lower) a time if you do not finish a race on the podium. Missing a race completely does not count as missing the podium and therefore no ballast will be removed (thanks to the WSGTC for use of this idea). If you driver a 350z and you come 1st and then 2nd, you will have 78 kg (48+30) of ballast for the third race, not 76 kg (48+28).

Weight ballast may be placed anywhere in the car (using the slider). *This car loses out the least from Ballast because it benefits the most from having more weight at the rear. The Mustang has a 65% front / 35% rear weight balance where all the other cars are much closer to 50 / 50.

-----​

Race Calendar:

Click for race information:

1. Rome, 33 laps.
2. Grand Valley Reverse, 20 laps. Race Pics
3. Madrid, 28 laps. Race Pics
4. Monza, 21 laps. Race Pics
5. Nurb GP/D | Nurb GP/F FINALE, 12 laps | 18 laps. GP/D Pics | GP/F Pics

A finale has been put together consisting of 2 races:

Qualifying will take place as soon as everyone is in the room and this will determine the grid for the first race at Nurburgring GP/D. This race will only be 20 minutes in length, with no mandatory pit stop. There will be a 5 minute break in which time you can tune your car for the second race at Nurburgring GP/F using a reverse grid of the first race results. This race will be of normal length with 1 mandatory pit stop. Full points will be awarded for both races.

-----​

Use of Track and Penalties:

There's no real need for them but if need be, penalties will be given out if a driver disobeys the GTP OLR rules. A time penalty will be given of up to 30 seconds however if you're driving is overall too agressive and you ignore warnings to calm down, you will be asked to leave the series. 2 Wheels must be touching what is deemed as "track" at all times! Red+white rumble strips are classed as track. No contact must be made with walls or track boundaries (especially at Rome and Madrid). You will only be given a penalty if you gained time from either driving off track or touching the barriers, and not if you lost time. There is an exception to this rule which is: you cannot use the barrier as you're normal racing line, regardless of whether you gain time from doing so. Uncertain dirty areas of a track will be explained through pictures from in-game showing what is clean and what is dirty before each race. If you have any further questions about what parts of a track are dirty, then feel free to ask.

showimg.php.jpg

Last edited:
based on the real GT4 points scoring system, with 2 more points scoring positions added.

1. 14
2. 12
3. 10
4. 8
5. 6
6. 5
7. 4
8. 3
9. 2
10. 1

A driver must complete at least 75% race length to receive any points.

Your lowest scoring round will be dropped.

Driver Results and Standings:

Click here.

Prizes:

1st place in driver standings: any car worth 1,000,000 or underfrom the NCD or OCD.
2nd place in driver standings: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.
3rd place in driver standings: any car worth under 250,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.

Best fastest laps overall time: any car worth 1,000,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.
Most pole positions: any car worth 1,000,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.

Click here for the Pole Position and Fastest Laps Table.

Driver sign-up list:

GTP user name (PSN) - Car - Car Colour

- Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm) - Ford Mustang - Crystal White
- R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo) - Nissan 370z - Vibrant Red
- si_berian_tiger (si_berian_tiger) - Lotus Evora - Lotus Racing Green Metallic + black wheels
- lilcat89 (GTP_MPower) - BMW M3 - Fuoco Giallo
- outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc) - BMW Z4 M Coupe - AlpinweiB
- SohnVonStig (GTP_SOHNVONSTIG) - Nissan 370z - Matte Black
- KWZX10 (KWZX10) - BMW M3 - Fuoco Giallo
- w-g-e (GTP_w-g-e) - Chevrolet Corvette - Le Mans Blue Metallic
- MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) - Maserati GranTurismo - Blu Cosmo Metallizzato
- Paginas1 (Paginas) - Maserati GranTurismo - Lunamare Silver (TPM)
- MiuraSV (Jay_1086) - Nissan 350z - Cream White
- KamyKaze1098 (KamyKaze1098) - Lotus Evora - Lotus Racing Green Metallic
- Wardez (Wardez) - Lotus Evora - Lotus Racing Green Metallic
- Piket (tony1311) - Ford Mustang - Black
- disinfected (disinfected) - Chevrolet Camaro - Brilliant Sky Metallic
- Denilson (Chorda) - Nissan 370z - Vibrant Red
- TwistedMetal (GTP_Twissy) - Nissan 350z - Black
- Geoff54 (notchois) - Chevrolet Corvette - Yellow

Reserves (will race if there is a spot left, but will not influence the top 10 points standings):

To sign up, you must have read the GTP OLR rules and have a steady internet connection (It is advised you have NAT type 1, followed by 2 then 3). Please also send a friend request to GTP_Aderrrm as this will make it easier for you to find the lobby we are racing in. Provide the following information:

- PSN
- Car (you cannot switch car mid-season)
- Car Colour

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. :)👍

Last edited:
Thank you! I've wanted to race in a GT4 Cup series lately but didn't want to set it up myself. :)

How exactly are you going to get the cars equal? I had some success offline, but when I took the cars online the Evora just ran away with it...

Nice to know you're interested RT.

I've already done some testing and have been using the figures given from various sites including the actual GT4 Cup site and some pretty nice Lotus Evora pdf file I found in a simple google search.

The GT4 Evora is said to have 355 BHP and 1190 kg of "laden" weight. I've got the Evora down to 1223 kg on GT5, and if it ends up being too fast or unproportionately too good in the corners compared to the other cars, I'll buy a new Evora and keep it stock weight.

I've read on the GT4 Cup website that cars aim to have a weight/power ratio of 3.5 so I might be using the 350z with 385 BHP and 1302kg as a benchmark but I'll see. I'll re-commence testing later on today and tomorrow. 👍

Don't worry, I will get the cars equal. :D

Don't worry, I will get the cars equal. :D

Awesome! :D

Go ahead and sign me up.

R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo) - Nissan 370Z

Just one last thing, doesn't the real GT4 Cup run on slicks? Would a Racing Hard tire be more appropriate here?

Edit: I should have a few people from the FMSC follow me over. I can vouch for their driving skills. 👍

Awesome! :D

Go ahead and sign me up.

R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo) - Nissan 370Z

Just one last thing, doesn't the real GT4 Cup run on slicks? Would a Racing Hard tire be more appropriate here?

Edit: I should have a few people from the FMSC follow me over. I can vouch for their driving skills. 👍

Thanks for your feedback! :) EDIT: I've decided to go with Racing Hards! I forgot the fact that sport softs will actually degrade during the race :dunce: Plus the fact that Racing Hards take longer to warm up, it isn't actually that much of a step up. 👍

And that would be great if you could do that, cheers. 👍

I'd be interested if I can make it.

si_berian_tiger (si_berian_tiger) - Lotus Evora

Great! What day and time work best for you (the whole procedure on a typical race day will take 2 hours)? At the moment, Saturday between 17:00 and 19:00 BST (GMT +1) is the favoured time.

Last edited:
Time suits me too. I think I'll just pick the least expensive car, seeing as I'm only doing this for fun. Look back here for sign-up.

EDIT: A question, does the cars have to be the colors specified?

yoman297 (yoman297) - Chevrolet Camaro

Last edited:
Good stuff. When I know the exact allowed mods, I'll also give the overall cost of buying and tuning each car. 👍

Body paint colour - I would like you to paint your car as specified or at least try and get it close to the colour. It sounds like it's a tough job, but really 6 of the 8 cars have easily obtainable paints. The Z4 and Mustang are just random whites (make sure it's not creamy like championship white), the Camaro colour is obtained at the dealership and the M3's, Corvette's and Evora's paints are obtainable by buying other quite cheap cars and using the paint chips you get. Just make sure your red for the 370z is a normal red (not dark or bright) and same applies for the yellow with the 350z.

Rim paint colour - where I've said "paint these..." that's where you need to paint the rims similar to the ones in the picture, but the others come as standard colour.

The paints only really give it a realistic feel to the GT4 Cup. 👍

I want there to be 8 teams of 2, and not one car being used by 2 teams. Should we bother with teams? And instead go with "as many people can apply as possible but once 16 people have signed up each car has to have been selected at least once?"

Let me know. :)

I'd say don't worry about teams. At Silverstone I noticed that not every "team" had more than one car, including the RJN Motorsport guys.

The Evora is available in Lotus Racing Green, which is very close to your suggested colour.

I noticed that, but the Lotus Racing Green is darker than the other one. What ever, that will be fine. :sly:

I'd say don't worry about teams. At Silverstone I noticed that not every "team" had more than one car, including the RJN Motorsport guys.

Alright. Cheers for that. I've only just clicked on from viewing the GT4 Cup photos at Silverstone - I guess you watched their races. :D

Last edited:
Alright. Cheers for that. I've only just clicked on from viewing the GT4 Cup photos at Silverstone - I guess you watched their races. :D

I was there. ;)

Edit: I guess you know that, I read that sentence wrong. :P

That would work for me.

The thing is with teams, it's just more things to organise and somewhere down the line someone or some team will be put in a car they don't want to drive. Instead there will be no teams and the following rule is put in place...

[*]Each car must have been selected once before the sign-up list can exceed 16. (There must be at least 1 of each car in a race, to make things more interesting)

This sounds good.
And I'm sure the cars will be well matched. You do an awsome job in that departement. 👍
If I understand correctly saturday is the choosen day. If so I don't know if I should sign in, as I usually go of town once a month. Hell it was tough in season 1 of WSGTC on fridays. But if thats the case you can always count on me if you need someone to have a full room mate.
:cheers: and good luck for the series.

Thanks alot Kamy. 👍 It looks like it's Saturday at the moment, unless other people who join also want a different day to Saturday.

I also sometimes go out on Saturdays, but I always go out after 7 pm. If you didn't know, the first race might be this Saturday (the 18th) and if you only go town once a month then you will probably only miss 1 round - the season ends 4 weeks on Saturday. :lol:

I've decided aswell to allow people to drop their lowest scoring round. I think this will be a good idea because people will be on holiday/vacation through the summer. 👍 I'll add this to the thread tomorrow.

Thanks alot Kamy. 👍 It looks like it's Saturday at the moment, unless other people who join also want a different day to Saturday.

I also sometimes go out on Saturdays, but I always go out after 7 pm. If you didn't know, the first race might be this Saturday (the 18th) and if you only go town once a month then you will probably only miss 1 round - the season ends 4 weeks on Saturday. :lol:

I've decided aswell to allow people to drop their lowest scoring round. I think this will be a good idea because people will be on holiday/vacation through the summer. 👍 I'll add this to the thread tomorrow.

Yeah. It makes sense with the short schedule I only noticed now. But if you start this saturday I will have to miss it. Just remembered something. Check this out. Racing comes into town, so thats 2 more races missed.

Dude, if the time and day stay the same, this is perfect. Was about to create my own Blancpain series with GT3 and GT4 cars. I already built a 2010-spec M3, but never ran it. I have specs for all the cars you listed except the 370. I would enter my M3, but I dont want to switch my paint on it. Anyway, my PSN is GTP_MPower. My car is Alpine White.

BTW: You did not mention the Maserati MC GT4. Its based on the GranTurismo S. I have the specs for it. 412bhp/1400kg is the official FIA regs.

Last edited:
Yeah. It makes sense with the short schedule I only noticed now. But if you start this saturday I will have to miss it. Just remembered something. Check this out. Racing comes into town, so thats 2 more races missed.

Looks good. :D You can still enter if you want. I know you're a clean driver and would love to have you onboard. :)

Dude, if the time and day stay the same, this is perfect. Was about to create my own Blancpain series with GT3 and GT4 cars. I already built a 2010-spec M3, but never ran it. I have specs for all the cars you listed except the 370. I would enter my M3, but I dont want to switch my paint on it. Anyway, my PSN is GTP_MPower. My car is Alpine White.

BTW: You did not mention the Maserati MC GT4. Its based on the GranTurismo S. I have the specs for it. 412bhp/1400kg is the official FIA regs.

Nice, I'll add you to the list. Fair enough on the M3. ;) Seeing as I've scrapped the teams idea, I guess the paints aren't that crucial as before. It would be nice if you could use identical rims and bodywork though. 👍

With the teams idea I only wanted 8 cars, but seeing as we're not doing that any more, I was going to add the Maserati. Thanks for the specs. 👍

I read in another thread, that someone wanted a DB9 to be in this. Usually I don't like cars being in championships to be in replace of similar cars i.e. the DB9 in replace of the V8 Vantage. What do you lot think?

I'll be updating the thread throughout today.

I am SOOOO in. still have yet to decide car tho.

3PM BST right? if it is then its 10PM HK so I can make it.

Last edited:
Great stuff. Which PSN of yours do you use? Most people at the moment are happy with 17:00 to 19:00 BST. However it might actually only last 90 minutes so we could push it back an hour. Would that still be alright for you? And would that still be alright with everyone else?

Great stuff. Which PSN of yours do you use? Most people at the moment are happy with 17:00 to 19:00 BST. However it might actually only last 90 minutes so we could push it back an hour. Would that still be alright for you? And would that still be alright with everyone else?

well I think 3PM BST or 4PM BST is the only suitable time for me since I'm in HK.

Ok. Is 16:00 - 18:00 BST good with everyone?

Like I said before, it might not actually take up to 2 hours. 👍

Nice series Aderrrm!! 👍 👍 👍

I got some trouble joining it since it's saturdays. But if I'm able to join, if just as a replacement driver, I'd gladly race here! 👍

Cheers, good stuff Dennis. 👍

EDIT: Sign-ups are still open! Races will probably begin at 1600: BST (GMT+1) on a Saturday!

Last edited:
Back