GT4 European Cup | Champion: R1600Turbo !

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 605 comments
My bad. :dunce:

I've updated the first post with the exact mods needed for the 350z and 370z. I'm just finalising the testing for the other 7 cars now. 👍

I wanna do this one so bad but do not want to wake up at like 6am just to be in it :lol: maybe next time.

Ok. Is 16:00 - 18:00 BST good with everyone?

Like I said before, it might not actually take up to 2 hours. 👍

That means I'm going to have to actually get myself out of bed in the morning instead of sleeping in like I usually do. :crazy:

Hmmm...

I wanna do this one so bad but do not want to wake up at like 6am just to be in it :lol: maybe next time.

Ah that's unfortunate. :nervous: Would 7am be any better? :D

That means I'm going to have to actually get myself out of bed in the morning instead of sleeping in like I usually do. :crazy:

Hmmm...

Well moving it back an hour is only benefiting one person at the moment (sorry I3ertram, it's a majority thing). If less people can do 16:00 - 18:00 then it will have to be 17:00 - 19:00.

But remember, if it did start at 16:00, qualifying would start at 16:30 or maybe 5 or 10 minutes later - practice is not really mandatory (although it helps because then we're not waiting for people). Anyway you know the drill. :lol:

Personally I would like 17:00-19:00 which I believe is around 9:00 to 11:00 AM my time. But as you said majority rules, so I'll just go with whatever as long as it's not 6am. :lol:

Here's the compromise and hopefully everyone will be fine with this:

16:30 - room created, 30 minute practice*
17:00 - 15 minute qualifying session
17:15 - race starts, lasting for about 50 minutes.

*Practice is not mandatory but you need to be in the room 10 minutes prior to qualifying starting.

Here's the compromise and hopefully everyone will be fine with this:

16:30 - room created, 30 minute practice*
17:00 - 15 minute qualifying session
17:15 - race starts, lasting for about 50 minutes.

*Practice is not mandatory but you need to be in the room 10 minutes prior to qualifying starting.

I might not make it for 3 weeks because of a summer course I'm doing.
EDIT: this Saturday = maybe considering if I get my work done or not.
EDIT 2: Yeah, I can make it.

i'm really up for this, here are some details about my sign-up :

PSN: GTP_Johny
GTP ID: Ghova
Vehicle: 350Z
Internet: NAT Type 2 with high brandwidth. i am never laggy :)!

im interested but my internet is as always a problem:)

That's unlucky Sen. If you get it sorted (somehow :P) then of course you're more than welcome to join. 👍

All about authenticity. 👍

👍 With the teams idea scrapped, you can paint the body of your car any colour you want. However it would be nice if you could use identical or similar colours to the ones I've used. I would aswell like everyone to use the exact rims and aero parts (especially aero parts in case anyone accidentily thinks they can put a wing on their car).

i'm really up for this, here are some details about my sign-up :

PSN: GTP_Johny
GTP ID: Ghova
Vehicle: 350Z
Internet: NAT Type 2 with high brandwidth. i am never laggy :)!

Awesome! I'll add you to the list.

If you really want to be authentic, then you should mandate the height adjustable sports kit. This is because only the dampers, ride height , and camber are adjustable. The suspension under all the specs I found are the 3-way adjustable dampers. Just pointing it out there.

Man I never get to do anything fun, cant join i have my son and I dont wanna here the 🤬 from my parents for being in front of the TV. So maybe next time.

I think that's too authentic for anyone! :P

The things is with that is cars like the Mustang which handle like a bus would handle way too bad at near stock suspension. We'll leave the suspension at fully customisable. :)

Man I never get to do anything fun, cant join i have my son and I dont wanna here the 🤬 from my parents for being in front of the TV. So maybe next time.

That's unlucky. :( Next time it is. :)

---

I now only have to put up the allowed mods for the Evora, Mustang (once I find a decent tune for it) and the Maserati. :)

In my testing the Mustang was 2 seconds slower than everything else, so I gave up. If you can make it competitive I might switch cars.

Edit: This was based on a 500pp limit though...

I read in another thread, that someone wanted a DB9 to be in this. Usually I don't like cars being in championships to be in replace of similar cars i.e. the DB9 in replace of the V8 Vantage. What do you lot think?

I think you should go with it and make an even number of cars and leave it at an even number.

Okay, I'll bite! :)

outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc) - BMW Z4 M Coupe

I was tempted by the Maserati but I don't own the Z4 yet so it should make it very interesting. :sly:

In my testing the Mustang was 2 seconds slower than everything else, so I gave up. If you can make it competitive I might switch cars.

Edit: This was based on a 500pp limit though...

I thought I just made a good tune for the Mustang, but it was still 1.960 seconds slower than the previous best time with a Camaro. The official weight of the mustang is 1380kg. At the moment I have it down to 1336. EDIT: Nevermind, I've got it sorted. :D I found adding the Supercharger helps the Mustang in the corners because you have max. power earlier than redline. The Mustang will definitely be the odd one out of the pack though. :D

I think you should go with it and make an even number of cars and leave it at an even number.

Thanks for your feedback! Just to make you aware, we're no longer doing the teams thing (if that's what you're referring to by an even number of cars). Personally I want to keep the DB9 out seeing as it's used in GT1 and GT3. I know the Corvette is aswell, but the Corvette actually competes in GT4 irl. Any other opinions on the DB9 replacing the V8 Vantage?

Okay, I'll bite! :)

outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc) - BMW Z4 M Coupe

I was tempted by the Maserati but I don't own the Z4 yet so it should make it very interesting. :sly:

Excellent! :D I'll add you to the list.

Last edited:
GTP_Adermm, i got a better idea with the Mustang stick to the normal KG and HP, and let it race on Race Normal Tyres i bet it will compete with the other cars with those tyres.

As we are no longer following the colour rule, can I make a suggestion for sign-up's.
We should state which colour we intend to paint our car. That way, people can see who is what colour, and make their decision based on what colours are already being used. It would prevent a field of chameleon orange (for example) cars.

Give the mustang mediums! On the DB9 question, no. Really, the vette shouldnt be in either, since it isnt the base car imo. The M3 though is really good at Rome.

Any other opinions on the DB9 replacing the V8 Vantage?
Tough to say. The DB9 does have a V12 rather than a V8 so that alone makes it quite different than the Vantage. I won't object if it's added, though.

GTP_Adermm, i got a better idea with the Mustang stick to the normal KG and HP, and let it race on Race Normal Tyres i bet it will compete with the other cars with those tyres.

Nice idea! I just did a lap with the Mustang on mediums and it was 4 tenths faster than the other cars. If I drop the HP a bit, it should be perfect. 👍

As we are no longer following the colour rule, can I make a suggestion for sign-up's.
We should state which colour we intend to paint our car. That way, people can see who is what colour, and make their decision based on what colours are already being used. It would prevent a field of chameleon orange (for example) cars.

You read my mind. :D After I'd finish with this testing today, that's what I was going to do tomorrow. I'll ask for everyone's car colour tomorrow.

On the DB9 question, no. Really, the vette shouldnt be in either, since it isnt the base car imo. The M3 though is really good at Rome.

I don't really want to let the DB9 in either. The Corvette, I've power limited it enough so that you wouldn't even notice! Don't worry, I was aware of this. :D Have you compared the M3 to the other cars at Rome? Make sure you've got the right mods aswell.

Tough to say. The DB9 does have a V12 rather than a V8 so that alone makes it quite different than the Vantage. I won't object if it's added, though.

Absolutely. It just doesn't look like it could gel in with the current GT4 cars.

EDIT: if the Mustang is going on Mediums, is there a way to check that everyone else in the room would be on Hards? I think you can check by hovering over the driver's name on the right?

You can check before the race but unless someones in the lobby there's nothing stopping someone from picking up mediums on a pit stop.

Btw following turbo over from fmsc :)

GTP_SOHNVONSTIG - undecided until final roster of cars is decided :)

I'll ask for everyone's car colour tomorrow
I probably won't be online tomorrow eve, so I'll state my choice now: Lotus Racing Green Metallic.

I think you can check by hovering over the driver's name on the right?
Yes, you can. But you would not know about a compound change made at pit stops without looking at a replay - if this can be seen.

I havent run anything else. There is no need to. My color is Alpinweiss. We can still do teams if two guys want to run the same car in the same color.

Regarding Aston Martin: There is a V8 Vantage in the game, but it's a standard car. It would be interesting to see how it does though.

Regarding the Mustang: I wouldn't do the Medium tires, because then you can't officially restrict everyone else to Hard tires. Sure you can catch someone cheating by watching the replay, but do you want to deal with it?

I think I'm going to stick with the Z. :)

It really depends. If someone wants to cheat, then deal with them appropriately. I hope that we would all be smart enough to not cheat. I understand, but surely, you would notice the difference in lap times on the replay. Its hard to hide 2.5 seconds a lap.

Back