GT5 event ideas.

• Thread starter 88deathguy
  • 72 comments
I would like to see some RM/TC-exclusive races, e.g. one for the MX-5 TC, one for the Golf GTi RM, one for the Skyline TCs etc.

hello

i would like a good on-line mode, to find the best of all racer and tuner. The method would work for A and B spec racing. How it would work is this. A race would start and the same car would be selected at random from all cars in game. If you own this car and have tuned you can use this, if not you use a standed car then race, pionts given you climb up the ladder. This would give a reson to own and tune every car in the game, but could work on a subset of cars. This would give a online mode that would last for ever.

The Endurance races in particular can certainly be changed.
The real 24 hour races can stay as they are real, but B-Spec MUST be integrated in some way. No real life driver does the 24 hour race himself, neither should we.

They can also add more restrictions. Not just a plain old boring "FF Race" with the only restriction being FF, add weight restrictions, power restrictions etc. There is so much you can do with events if you put some thought into it rather than copy pasting the GT1-4 races and leaving it at that.

I also agree that more needs to be done about the races themselves. I think the number one thing apart from generally improving the AI is to make sure most races enter with 12/16 cars that are equal.
Far too many races in GT5 feature 2 or 3 cars fast enough to win the race at best and the rest are just moving obstacles.
There are no classes.

Also regarding the endurance races I firmly believe they need to be mixed up throughout the game, not all thrown in at the end.

Agree. With the equality thing, its so hard to equal cars even with same power to weight ratio or PP on several tracks in championship that is more than impossible, but they certainly could make them much closer (0,5 - 1 second to each other in each class on every track in championship)

I recently created excel table sometime last 2 months with weight, power, year, displacement, lenght,tyre and other restrictions.

All races counting with much improved AI, qualifying, teams, points for pole, fastest lap, etc...
There is so much to improve in A spec...
Polyphony did NOTHING from GT1 to make them more interesting. Only thing they did was cutting off most championships to only single races and cut other pre-race sessions :grumpy::guilty:

Online is nice, but needs improving too. Like championships in-game with saving point scores and so. (it you know what i mean)
GT5 was the last game i bought from them, if GT6 will have the same race system.

SagarisGTB
I am not comfortable relegating B-spec to being a "sidequest" and I doubt PD would be either. What's the point in working hard to improve B-spec, more control, more accuracy, more options, and then just throw the entire thing to the side like an optional side game. It wouldn't do the whole thing justice.

Well, how hard can it be to improve B-Spec? The problems I have with it should be very easy to fix. Let us name our drivers and assign their initial attributes to how we see fit instead of having all of that randomly generated. Make the drivers slow down much more and make much more mistakes when their strength is drained.

If you take a B-Spec driver who has never raced before to Le Mans in a prototype he should be 20 seconds off the pace. Its really not that much more to ask or difficult to implement.

SagarisGTB
I'd rather PD work hard to make B-spec more accurate and life-like and create a separate hall for it. The point of a separate hall is to give B-spec a different identity. In the B-spec hall, regulations would be far tighter (looser regs in A-spec halls allow less skilled players to be competitive, well to a certain extent) to create races where the player needs to set-up cars and/or be hands on and execute a strategy. Golding certain B-spec events would be just as difficult as doing the same in A-spec.

I think A-Spec races can be just as challenging for a B-Spec driver if a few changes are made to what makes a B-Spec driver fast or slow.

A B-spec driver should have the following statline

• Experience
  • How much racing he has under his belt. A B-spec driver with little experience tends to crack under pressure by going off when pressured or goes off when trying to make a pass or attempting to catch someone. An experienced driver slows or quickens his pace accurately and consistently and is better at driving faster while taking care of tires and even saving fuel.
    Skill
  • How good he is at driving faster cars. A lower skilled driver can race 100 HP cars as good as anyone, but would struggle mightily in a 200 HP car. Not that realistic I know, but it works as a gameplay mechanic. The more time a B-Spec driver spends racing a particular car with particular horsepower, the better he gets at it. Example: A B-spec driver that is an experienced Formula 1 ace would struggle against an experienced B-Spec NASCAR driver when racing NASCAR and vice versa. However, if the B-Spec driver is already highly skilled in driving high horsepower racing cars he would make the transition quickly and wouldn't be far off the pace initially.

But even a Formula 1 ace B-Spec driver would struggle to keep up in a 200 hp road car race against a B-spec driver who did nothing but race 200 HP cars all his career
    Strength
  • Physical stamina. Increases when the driver races cars that turn higher G forces in corners. When the stamina bar starts to decrease the slower the driver is. Faster cars with higher G forces do not require as much stamina as slower cars with lower G forces. Certain tracks that are bumpy or feature high speed high G force turns drain stamina faster. If strength falls too low the driver goes slower or risks crashing
  • A B-Spec driver is 18 years old when you first recruit him. His stats will increase as long as he races until he is about 34, and then his strength and skill start to decline, a process which speeds up as he gets older. Experience always goes up and never declines no matter the age. You can force him into retirement early but he retires no matter what at 50.

Maybe every race he competes in counts as 2 weeks. That's about 25 races a year and 500 races over a 20 year career. Its best to plan his career path properly so he can learn the right cars to reach the highest level of sports cars or F1 or whatever you aim for him to be good at.

As you mentioned earlier the B-Spec should offer exclusive unlockables. I say why not open up the entire A-Spec mode to B-Spec drivers, but of course after you Golded the events in A-Spec. With the above stats for B-Spec drivers each race will get more and more challenging, especially if GT mode follows my formula of forcing a PP restriction on a race until you get gold.

You simply will not be able to give you Bspec driver an overpowered car. Even if you could it's unlikely he could drive without crashing. The B-Spec driver would have to slowly gain experience by working through the lower levels.

SagarisGTB
Well yes, the tire model is currently in a sad state, but I don't think you have to dumb it down to fix it.

Formula 1 only brings two compounds to every venue, but Pirelli does make 4 compounds for F1 right now. Just because they aren't used, it doesn't mean they don't exist. In a game, there should be many compounds available for variety.

I would personally go back to 5 compounds, with a 5-6 tenth difference in pace between the tires meant for racing, ie between the Super-Hard and Hard and between the Hard and Medium, respectively. I believe there should be a sharper difference in pace and durability for the "qualifying tires", the Soft and the Super-Soft. The Super-Soft should be something like 3-4 seconds a lap (around a typical 2.5-3 mile track) faster than the Super-Hard but not be usable for any sort of racing.

Another variable is pitstop length. In real life Formula 1 pit stops are 4 seconds, NASCAR has 14 second pitstops, and Le Mans cars have 60 second pitstops. Because Le Mans pitstops take so long to complete its very important to stay out on track as long as possible. The problem is Le Mans pit stops in GT are nowhere near as slow as they are in real life. That immediately negates the advantage of staying out longer on harder tires and making less pit stops.

Because GT is not a specialized racing simulator these paradoxes will always exist. So I don't see the need to introduce advanced tire strategy into a flawed pit stop system.

SimonK
They can also add more restrictions. Not just a plain old boring "FF Race" with the only restriction being FF, add weight restrictions, power restrictions etc. There is so much you can do with events if you put some thought into it rather than copy pasting the GT1-4 races and leaving it at that.

I think PP restrictions are the way to go so I added them to my Event list in post #40.

PP can only be adjusted through performance parts, not any magical tinkering of weight or power.

I also suggest PD implement restrictions that you can add to your cars. What to do if your car is slightly over the PP limit? Buy an air restrictor or add weight to your car like real racing teams. An air restrictor should be able to reduce your power output by up to 10%. Maybe your not over the PP limit, but you want to run the race with less weight that would put you over the limit? Just restrict your power. Maybe you want to run a race with more more power? Just add weight, up to 10% only.

Last edited:
bzking23
K-car world endurance(15 hours) at tsukuba
Patent motor wagen 100 laps of tsukuba
100 cars-100 laps at tsukuba

Wow, 15 hours? I get bored after an hour at Tsukuba. The 9h endurance was more like torture than a fun game and this was before mid race saves. :scared:

Wow, 15 hours? I get bored after an hour at Tsukuba. The 9h endurance was more like torture than a fun game and this was before mid race saves. :scared:

don't worry as long as kaz doesn't do a 24hr race at tsukuba like he did nurburgring we got nothing to worry about

They need to make it to where you have to have a specific license to race In some events. Like drivers with the super license can only race in some events. In seasonal and in online rooms.

I think there not using the night/day or weather setting enough on Gt 5 it's boring how nearly every race is in the daytime and with dry weather yawn!!!!

My Polyphony Digital Cup Idea.
Regulations: Stock and normal cars only. No racing tyres.
Racers: 16 racers per race.
Typical Opponents:
Ford GT '06.
Buggati Veyron.
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3.
TVR tuscan speed six.
Nissan GT-R.
Honda NSX Type R '02.
Opel Speedster Turbo.
Opel Speedster.
Mitshubishi Lancer Evolution X.
Subaru BRZ S.