GT5 poll

• Thread starter p-coletray
  • 39 comments

If you took over at PD this would happen first:

• Bonus for not using SRF or ASM. (for mavericks)

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • In game sound control. (for those with hearing)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • In game saves especially for endurance or circuits. (for the busy people)

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • Option for basic/expidited menu/navigation or anything for more racing, less loading. (for the impa

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Better tuning support. (for the less mehanically inclined)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • More race cars, less standard cars. (for fun)

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Less race cars, more standard cars. (for leisure)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • More custimization of cars/menus/profiles. (for tuners, artists, and tinkerers)

Votes: 28 22.2%

• Total voters
To be honest rather than look at what would need fixing I think it's easier to think what can be salvaged. The talent behind the graphics and physics of the game are keepers, they nail it. Other than that I think the series needs a reboot.

I left the reboot option out, I mean I think we're all still having fun here, and I know I have paid for worse games.

You are talking about Suzuka, Monza, Nurburgring GP and Cote d'Azur? These are some of my favourite tracks :)

No, I think the reference might have been to the modern circuits, like Fuji F (what an abysmal circuit, the old one was so much better!)

Suzuka is fundamentally a '60s design, Monza is from the '20s (but they've added three chicanes and no longer use the banked section) Nürburging Nordschleife is from the 1920s (and was heavily and progressively toned down up until the '70s), whilst the new circuit was designed F1 (and it shows) and the "Côte D'Azure" circuit is based on the narrow streets and harbour / quays of a small seaside town, and was also first used in the 1920s. So most of these great circuits were in use before F1 existed, anyway; additionally, Suzuka was conceived as a test track, not necessarily a race circuit.

So the point is, circuits that seem to be designed for F1 these days are usually, like F1 tries to be (top-down), far too fussy about the details and end up being too "clever" for their own good. :P

[Irony]I would make 1500 premium cars, triple the amount of tracks, better track editor, rain snow and fog on all tracks, better tuning, better replay editor, a giant rally championship, more futuristic cars, less ****** smoke and dust, a garage which allows you to tear your car apart, handsome people, a lost rabbit on the track once in a while, a beer keg under my couch and next year I want better presents for christmas. [/irony]

Kart Championship.
More ASPEC events with PP style limitations from prologue or HP limits like GT3.
Bring Back the prize car wheel from GT3, but keep the only win one car option as is now. Thus adding some more life to the Trading Marketplace.
Championship Creator - Choose the tracks and the competition.
Amped up Course Creator - Add tunnels,bridges, possible figure 8 tracks & sell advertising space to help liven up the tracks. Wont mind seeing a Walkman or Ericsson billboard and ads for some SONY exclusives etc, along with some of the sponsors on the original tracks.

I would add in game save, at least for just endurance races and championships. I would also have 10 or 15 race championships and put much tighter restrictions on them like the seasonal races.

Back