GT5 Tuning Sheet

• Thread starter Jake
  • 129 comments
Can you do a low-fi version as well, remove all the logos, I prefer not to waste my precious $50 a cartridge printer ink on them. :)

budious
Can you do a low-fi version as well, remove all the logos, I prefer not to waste my precious $50 a cartridge printer ink on them. :)

I stopped refilling those, seems cheaper to let the Photoshop do it. Paper & ink for my printer is outrageous. They do it cheap at the local Photohut, plus I can get crazy sizes my printer can't handle. I'm rambling.

I added an option to write in mixed compounds and made a printer friendly version (PF) to the first post. 👍

I don't drift so I don't think that will make it in there. You can add that into the notes area if you like.

Irrelevant, if you are providing it as tuning sheet for the community and actually want everyone to use then you should include as many specifics as possible. While not many in Tuning forum may use it, there is another Drift specific sub-forum on GTP which would probably appreciate it.

Great Job !

Just a remark concerning Car configuration.
I generally keep track of the configuration set-up not always using 'Fully Tuned' cars defining which :
- kind of wing (Stock, Type A/B/C)
- kind of turbo (Low/Medium/High RPM)
- king of intake/exhaust/ECU (to play with 550PP/600PP/650PP)
- Even weight reduction level when i want to keep 1100/1200/1300 kg
because i need different configurations on line where even the gearing may be different (hopefully we get multiple configurations for a car soon from PD)

The sheet may as well propose to trace car configuration knowing that options in GT5 are well defined in tuner shop.

Anyway very helpfull.

Great Job !

Just a remark concerning Car configuration.
I generally keep track of the configuration set-up not always using 'Fully Tuned' cars defining which :
- kind of wing (Stock, Type A/B/C)
- kind of turbo (Low/Medium/High RPM)
- king of intake/exhaust/ECU (to play with 550PP/600PP/650PP)
- Even weight reduction level when i want to keep 1100/1200/1300 kg
because i need different configurations on line where even the gearing may be different (hopefully we get multiple configurations for a car soon from PD)

The sheet may as well propose to trace car configuration knowing that options in GT5 are well defined in tuner shop.

Anyway very helpfull.

I have been thinking about adding this as well. It would be great to work the parts configuration into the page somehow.

Jesus budious... You're acting like a 6 year old in a toy store.
Clearly whatever Jake comes up with, won't be satisfactory for you, you should just make one that is exactly what you want.
Logic says if you run different tires front to back, then mark the boxes with an F and an R.
You aren't limited to check marks.
If it's a drift tune, then write "drift" on the track line, because as far as I know, drift tunes are universal, not track specific.

Logic says if you run different tires front to back, then mark the boxes with an F and an R. You aren't limited to check marks.

Great idea! Marking the boxes with F and R is smart way of indicating tire usage. I will take the Front/Rear options off the page to leave room for other additions.

Jesus budious... You're acting like a 6 year old in a toy store.
Clearly whatever Jake comes up with, won't be satisfactory for you, you should just make one that is exactly what you want.
Logic says if you run different tires front to back, then mark the boxes with an F and an R.
You aren't limited to check marks.
If it's a drift tune, then write "drift" on the track line, because as far as I know, drift tunes are universal, not track specific.

I'm just being obnoxious... I get a bit eccentric at times. Suppose I should wrap myself in [sarcasm] tags at all time. [/sarcasm]

Good work, Jake. There is nothing short of perfection, Adrenaline apparently prefers sub-par, but with my help you're at the top of your game!

I'm just being obnoxious... I get a bit eccentric at times. Suppose I should wrap myself in [sarcasm] tags at all time. [/sarcasm]

Good work, Jake. There is nothing short of perfection, Adrenaline apparently prefers sub-par, but with my help you're at the top of your game!

Don't be obnoxious. It vexes your soul.
Adrenaline is not condoning sub-par, and you are not the only one to contribute.

The op seams to be updated, correct? if so theres no center diff setting? (pwr split between front and rear if 4wd) And do we really need pwr/weight ratio? there arnt any room that are restricted by that?

AYC and power limiter are missing. The former is a bit rare but meh.

The op seams to be updated, correct? if so theres no center diff setting? (pwr split between front and rear if 4wd) And do we really need pwr/weight ratio? there arnt any room that are restricted by that?

AYC will be added soon for sure. Thanks for pointing that out as I had missed it when I snapped the reference pics on my phone. Additionally, the p/w ratio is something I want for myself for our weekend track days here in CT.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I will also add the Torque Sensing Center Differential (front/rear torque split) as well as the AYC.

Last edited:
I dont know how big a pain this would be but, Could you all arange the feilds to match the way there grouped in GT5. Like put aero,and weight ballance first grouped under chassie and aero (or whatever the menue name is in game) As it is you would have to do a lot of jummping around in the game menues to enter it all in. I guess not a huge deal but, an idea.

Didn't read the whole thread but I use a spreadsheet for tuning with rows and columns where I can write in various changes to settings as I go along tuning. It contains all the above info and 11 columns for making changes for tuning. Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the point of writing down all the info on your tune that's already contained in the garage database?

Didn't read the whole thread but I use a spreadsheet for tuning with rows and columns where I can write in various changes to settings as I go along tuning. It contains all the above info and 11 columns for making changes for tuning. Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the point of writing down all the info on your tune that's already contained in the garage database?

It's for the same reason you keep a spreadsheet for tuning. Also, I can have multiple tunes for the same car at different tracks in an organised catalog. The pdf format makes it easy to share with others. This is the format I prefer.

Hello,

I have a proposal that may be complementzry to your PDF proposal but that makes it compatible with EXCEL format that i use intensively.

The "Matrix" organisation of the Spreadsheet has implied some changes to cope with lines and rows, plus some minor information.

On the other hand, the drop down lists allow to remove several lines.
Anyway, i have a satisfying result that keeps consistent with the PDF format and that i may share.

As a non US user, i may be wrong on some units (kph and mph can be selected)

GT5TuningSheetv10.jpg

If you want to test it, i have realised a model with some controls included (Excel 97/2003 format).

Attachments

• GT5 Tuning Sheet v1.0.rar
    9.7 KB · Views: 125
That looks good, VelociRaptor. I have attached your file to the OP to make it more accessible. 👍

This is great, Jake!!
Great concept.

And VelociRaptor, the excel sheet is great too.
I'm using the excel format with a few tweaks and some added info for the aero packages that were left out.
Your formulas are better than the games and now we know the speed for each gear.
Had a small issue with the decimals in rows 54 and 56 (I think) for the speeds but it was easy to correct.

Back