GT6 Car & Track Wishlist (don't post a picture of every request)

• Thread starter 88deathguy
  • 8,554 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm, no. When I'm driving a car that goes beyond 100 km/h (so, let's say, not a Honda GX200 powered Birel AM29,) I use gears to judge my braking, and my cornering speed.

Even when I've got an Automatic, (not shifting gears on my own) I can still use the gear as a reference of my speed without having to look at a speedometer and realize "oh no, I'm going 40 km/h too fast and I'm about to miss my apex and hit the massive tire wall."

Ummm, that is a fair point MrM15 and I agree with you on the Prius TC in your other post. What a joyous car!

Thanks for the explanation of automatic.
:)

Ummm, that is a fair point MrM15 and I agree with you on the Prius TC in your other post. What a joyous car!

Thanks for the explanation of automatic.
:)

Problem is, with the Prius TC, I couldn't expect to know how long to brake for, or anything, because I couldn't use "engine braking" to slow down, I couldn't shift up a little early to avoid wheelspin... It's not a driver's car, really. I don't know how an electric transmission would work, but the clutch (or, whatever keeps it from stalling) must be confusing... All-in-all, it's just confusing...

Problem is, with the Prius TC, I couldn't expect to know how long to brake for, or anything, because I couldn't use "engine braking" to slow down, I couldn't shift up a little early to avoid wheelspin... It's not a driver's car, really. I don't know how an electric transmission would work, but the clutch (or, whatever keeps it from stalling) must be confusing... All-in-all, it's just confusing...

You can't deny,though, that it is a unique little race car. :sly:

Some 70s and 80s F1 cars :
jabo_rena_1977_21.jpg

true20scale20tyrrel20p3420scheckter204.jpg

1212_1.jpg

2288867814_62ac828863.jpg

Eks

Imagine the amount of pit-crew nowadays if cars had 6 wheels like that Tyrell P34?! Crazy looking machine. I love the imagination of racing cars from the 70s and 80s.

Can-Am in particular was a championship for designers to make the cars they had sketched when they were 8 years old.

'67 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

968-1.jpg

'73 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33TT12

1975_Alfa_Romeo_Tipo_33_TT_12.jpg

'75 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 SC 12

1977-alfa-romeo-tipo-33-sc12-frt-rt.jpg

'90 BMW E30 M3.

k-bigpic.jpg

+ a ML63 AMG and a S65 AMG!

+ These as well:

'13 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4666525947070768&pid=1.7

'12 Mercedes-Benz CL 63 AMG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSn...zZbh7io/s1600/2012-Mercedes-CLS-63-AMG-23.jpg

'13 Mercedes-Benz GL 63 AMG
http://www.tuningnews.net/wallpaper/1280x1024/mercedes-benz-gl-63-amg-03.jpg

'13 G 63 AMG
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4950440431651381&pid=1.7

I guess I'm aboard the AMG train for now. I might as well since PD is going along with AMG for GT6 so far. I have a feeling that there might be more Mercs to come along by launch. If not, they'll probably be for future dlc installments. Something tells me that PD might be producing dlc up till the next GT.

Come on, it's Nissan and PD. But, at least it's not another GT-R. :indiff: I'd actually rather have some more GT-Rs, I'm uninterested in a car that gives me that weird "what the heck, my gear- WAIT A MINUTE!" feeling every time I enter a corner.

I'm expecting hate for saying that I'd rather have a GT-R, but... I'm an idiot and I don't approve of single-speed race cars. It just feels wrong entering a corner without downshifting.

Wow you've never even driven the Delta Wing! :lol: You need to watch this video on the pure deceiving genius of the car

Track Test: Nissan DeltaWing Driven At Road Atlanta -- /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_INdbXMqsw

Wonder if you could drift it.

AMAZED EDIT:

Woah, its front suspension is from a mountain bike?! :crazy:

Even better did you see the one guy lift the entire front of the car up himself!!!! That's one of those amazing things nobody notices in the video lol!

Even better it does the same lap times as LMP2 cars with twice the fuel economy. And it has top speed that of LMP cars!!!

Imagine the amount of pit-crew nowadays if cars had 6 wheels like that Tyrell P34?! Crazy looking machine. I love the imagination of racing cars from the 70s and 80s.

Can-Am in particular was a championship for designers to make the cars they had sketched when they were 8 years old.
I guess you've never seen this one:

Ferrari 312 T8
35309158.jpeg

Or even the famous Peterbuilt v12 powered rat rod.
Nah, ugly.

I guess you've never seen this one:

Ferrari 312 T8
35309158.jpeg

Bloody hell! No, I never the Ferrari 312 T8 before. That is insane and it makes the Tyrrell P34 look half-hearted.
👍

I don't think the 312T8 existed, it was a car dubbed by the media, and the photo above was a mock-up drawn by Ferrari after the development of the 312T6. The main difeerence between this one and the Tyrell was that 4 wheels were placed on the rear axle, rather than two wheels on three axles

1977carlosreutemannferrsm1.jpg

Another company that attempted the 6 wheel F1 was Williams, who developed the FWO8B with the only difference being two axles located on the rear of the car and one on the front. However, the FIA eventually banned 4WD in 1983 and later implemented a rule that the number of wheels on a F1 was 4 only, inevitably resulting in the abandoning of the car's development

jp-fos95.jpg

Last edited:
Because Polyphony is able to use Ferrari F1's in Gran Turismo (as every other F1 manufacturer past and present is licensed by the FIA), they should implement more Ferrari F1's into the game. My preferences would be the 312T5, 312T6, F2002 and F2004. Or better still, add the most notable F1's from each decade of the F1 championship into the game (they've already done two decades :))

I don't think the 312T8 existed, it was a car dubbed by the media, and the photo above was a mock-up drawn by Ferrari after the development of the 312T6. The main difeerence between this one and the Tyrell was that 4 wheels were placed on the rear axle, rather than two wheels on three axles
Psst! It didn't, but duuuuuude...

Wow you've never even driven the Delta Wing! :lol: You need to watch this video on the pure deceiving genius of the car

Track Test: Nissan DeltaWing Driven At Road Atlanta -- /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

The DeltaWing is NOT an electric car. It has a gearbox. Do you read my posts?

I was saying that cars without gearboxes are weird, to drive. Not shifting up/down is weird.

The DeltaWing has a gearbox. It shifts up and down. I have no problem with the DeltaWing. The ZEOD RC I was referring to, as well as the Prius and the Nissan Leaf, were just too weird for me to drive. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back