GT6 Customizability

• Thread starter MrSwagg
  • 177 comments
United States
Florida
MrSwaggAttack
GT6 should have way more options, and upgrades for their cars. If GT6 was more like Midnight Club when it comes to customizing this game would be brilliant. If anybody has ideas relating to customizing cars then post it here.

Livery editor, engine swaps, an extra couple of default wings (think along the lines of those on standard cars) and an extra ten kinds of wheel would have me completely satisfied. Midnight Club had some good ideas, but neons on the outside and inside of a car? I hope that never comes to GT!

Not like Midnight Club, more like NFS Shift in towards race customizing.

. Livery editor should also mean you can share idea livery with friends/leagues.
. Real racing upgrades like weight reduction where you can see the changes I.e. remove rear seats, buckets seats, remove sounding, race dashboard and roll cage.
. More body kits not like onces you see on JDM imports but like splitters, undertray and maybe a full wide body kit.

These changes can improve in better online racing weather it be a one-make of MX-5's or full on GT championship..

Gran Turismo need to be a leader, not a follower, and not become like other street racing games. It should stay true to its roots as a racing simulator.

Yes, there are plenty of improvement that still need to be made to make it a better game but changing the type of game it is isn't one of them. I wouldn't mind seeing a livery editor or at least be able to select from several different types of livery's. But iff engine swaps were ever to be done it would have to be done in a meaningful manner. We don't need Miata's with X2010 engines but being able to stuff a Chevy 350 under the hood wouldn't be all that bad.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo need to be a leader, not a follower, and not become like other street racing games. It should stay true to its roots as a racing simulator.

Yes, there are plenty of improvement that still need to be made to make it a better game but changing the type of game it is isn't one of them. I wouldn't mind seeing a livery editor or at least be able to select from several different types of livery's. But iff engine swaps were ever to be done it would have to be done in a meaningful manner. We don't need Miata's with X2010 engines but being able to stuff a Chevy 350 under the hood wouldn't be all that bad.

👍 I agree with him, GT should still stay as a simulator, not become a street racer.

So u dont think it would be nice to throw some vinyls on your car... Personalize it a bit. At times i cant distinguish my car from someone else's, and i hate that. I wanna make my car unique and more personal. Thats y i want vinyls/ decals so bad. And also, im a drifter.

I livery editor would be welcomed, but engine swaps need to be done properly like mentioned above, I know my friend put the corvette engine into a tiny chevy hatchback, needless to say this would be impossible in real life. I maybe an engine swap to the next possible engine size up.

Gran Turismo need to be a leader, not a follower, and not become like other street racing games.
And adding more customisation will somehow make GT a "street racer" and change the "type of game" GT is?

How does that even work.

And adding more customisation will somehow make GT a "street racer" and change the "type of game" GT is?

How does that even work.

I don't get it either, PD do need to step their game up in the customisation department. The guys are Japanese, I don't know how they couldn't have modeled some cool wide-body kits for cars such as the RX-8 type-S or the Lexus IS-F...

Real engine swaps would be a fantastic feature. 👍
Also, more different engine parts to fit, and also options to upgrade brakes, etc.
Livery editor would also be nice, though I quite fail at making anything with it. :dopey:
More body parts like wide body kits, alot more rims, and more options in spoilers.
And a really good track editor.

But more events, more real life tracks and more cars first of all.
(Less MX-5's and Skylines though!) ;)

I livery editor would be welcomed, but engine swaps need to be done properly like mentioned above, I know my friend put the corvette engine into a tiny chevy hatchback, needless to say this would be impossible in real life. I maybe an engine swap to the next possible engine size up.

I don't disagree that it should probably be more sensible in a "realistic" game like GT.

However, not that it's easy or terribly practical...

...but impossible is a very strong word.

And yes, I know that there are smaller cars than Civics.

Just for fun, here's a very practical and tiny ute.

And someone even found a nice little chevy to play with.

How does that even work.
I wasn't disagreeing with adding more customization to GT5/6, a livery editor and reasonable engine swaps would be fine. People seem to want to turn Gran Turismo in a Street Racer, Midnight Club, Driver, etc.. type game and that's not what Gran Turismo is about.

Last edited:

So hold on, being able to make your car different from someone else's is "game changing"? If anything, acknowledging ideas from other games is a great idea and can help improve individuality and customisation. You've also got to remember that although this markets towards realism, there is a much larger market for the casual gamer.

I think that a car design mode would be pretty awesome, but should prove to be too much, it would be interesting to see a much more detailed race modification option.

The new race mod would let us build cars to very specific spec in order to comply with detailed race rules. HP limits, displacement, engine swap, weight, materials, wheel/tire size, many more tire compound choices, multiple levels of chassis reinforcement, player designed aerodynamic parts, etc.

You should basically be able to take a regular road car and make it competitive with full blow race cars if you wanted, or just make it 5% faster with very specific changes. To go along with this, we should have event editors to get the most out of custom tuned cars.

IF (Big if) we got the LE, i would hope for some ''pre-built'' liveries, so that we can get say Ken Block livery (Not that im even implying that i like him) on a Subaru or a Ford (If they got permission).

So hold on, being able to make your car different from someone else's is "game changing"? If anything, acknowledging ideas from other games is a great idea and can help improve individuality and customisation. You've also got to remember that although this markets towards realism, there is a much larger market for the casual gamer.
I wasn't disagreeing with more options and upgrades, I was disagreeing with making Gran Turismo more like Midnight Club. Gran Turismo is a leader, not a follower.

A livery editor is a must.

I don't think engine swaps are a good idea. It's way more important for them to abandon the elementary and arcadey upgrade/tuning system for something more realistic.

All the tuning parts just add the same power percentage to each car. That isn't how it works. A 3" exhaust on a big single-turbo Supra will net you a big gain over stock. The same exhaust on a naturally aspirated Civic will get you absolutely nothing.

Inability to change camber on each wheel individually? That's nonsense. (And when your game includes NASCARs, it's downright offensive.)

Worst of all? The fact that PD (for whatever reason) does not understand the relationship and difference between torque and horsepower. Area under the torque curve is what matters, PD, not area under the HP curve. Torque is a measurement of power, HP is the result of a mathematical formula. Need proof that they don't get it? Use your power limiter and watch the point where Tq and HP cross move to the left. This is mathematically impossible. The curves should always cross at 5252rpm. ALWAYS.

CN: PD needs to hire some people that actually know about cars.

I don't think engine swaps are a good idea. It's way more important for them to abandon the elementary and arcadey upgrade/tuning system for something more realistic.

Thing is, engine swapping is so common in real life that not having it is like not being able to change air filters.

Worst of all? The fact that PD (for whatever reason) does not understand the relationship and difference between torque and horsepower. Area under the torque curve is what matters, PD, not area under the HP curve. Torque is a measurement of power, HP is the result of a mathematical formula. Need proof that they don't get it? Use your power limiter and watch the point where Tq and HP cross move to the left. This is mathematically impossible. The curves should always cross at 5252rpm. ALWAYS.

Well, the hp/tq display does not use a single scale and is poorly labled to the point of almost being unreadable. It might actually cross at the right place even if it does not look like it.

Take a copy of Forza 4, copy the hell out of every detail in the car customazation and sound department!

Thing is, engine swapping is so common in real life that not having it is like not being able to change air filters.

While that's true, can you imagine how poorly it would be implemented?

It would either be completely unrealistic and simplified like the engine stage upgrades, or it would only work on 1 car. (remember the "increase displacement" mod? :rolleyes:)

They need to take baby steps first.

Correct the faults with the current tuning options, THEN work on adding new ones.

As far as the HP/TQ thing, the fact that the power limiter adjusts the HP and not the TQ is proof enough that they don't understand engines.

GT5 was a 6-year waste so maybe they should split this one. Half a track game, the other half a NFS game.

I mean GT5 is a copy and paste game with GT6 being no different. Just an evolution of the coping and pasting will take all the standards to premiums, and more tuning and user options.

Since PD is also a lazy game maker they should just copy and paste some of turn-10s cars in their as well. Atleast then the cars will have the proper sound added to them.

My guess is that they'll attempt a livery editor and fail miserably, ending up years behind "that other game".

For somebody like Kaz, who finds great joy in awarding women/men at SEMA for their creativity in tuning and styling, it amazes that he fails to translate the styling/livery aspect into his games.

Oh? I can mindlessly add a wing to a car or the smallest front aerodynamic option? Ok, press X.

Or...

I can spend hours creating a lovely livery and turn production cars into my own, unique cars.

Real engine swaps would be a fantastic feature. 👍
Also, more different engine parts to fit, and also options to upgrade brakes, etc.
Livery editor would also be nice, though I quite fail at making anything with it. :dopey:
More body parts like wide body kits, alot more rims, and more options in spoilers.
And a really good track editor.

But more events, more real life tracks and more cars first of all.
(Less MX-5's and Skylines though!) ;)

I don't see this happening since they keep taking our stuff away.

I wasn't disagreeing with more options and upgrades, I was disagreeing with making Gran Turismo more like Midnight Club. Gran Turismo is a leader, not a follower.
Which part, exactly, of Midnight Club must PD not copy?

The way I see it, PD can't come up with unique ideas for their games that is good.
GT5 was a 6-year waste so maybe they should split this one. Half a track game, the other half a NFS game.

I mean GT5 is a copy and paste game with GT6 being no different. Just an evolution of the coping and pasting will take all the standards to premiums, and more tuning and user options.

Since PD is also a lazy game maker they should just copy and paste some of turn-10s cars in their as well. Atleast then the cars will have the proper sound added to them.
Aside from you endlessly ranting and raving on how PD is a lazy game developer, you haven't talked about anything on topic.

Completely agree, I'd love to see engine swaps in GT6, and I'd like them to be realistic, and by realistic, I mean realisitic in the sense that you can't put a V8 in a Fiat 500, lol, well, you could technically, but not without a tremendous amount of modifications to make it work properly, I guess I should say, "within reason". If not engine swaps, can they at least make turbos and/or superchargers available on ALL cars, I can't understand why almost all Italian and quite a few British cars can't have a turbo or supercharger of some sort.

I also would like to have some more body kits, to "help" make some cars look better, or at least make them look less rediculous, lol. Same goes for rims, there can't be more than 50 different rims in the game right now, and most of them are just a duplicate of another, but in another finish. Would be nice if they gave us an option for a color and finish, or whatever.

Something I liked about Forza 4 (don't have it, but have seen videos of it) was that most of the stuff you put on your car has some sort of effect weight-wise. Something I noticed that has been really bugging me for some reason was that the carbon fiber drive shaft doesn't lighten the car in anyway, which you'd think it would.

I think a livery editor would be a nice addition, not only for the obvious reasons, but also, we really wouldn't need to have all the racecars in the game that we do. Just make a RM option for all the cars that are racecars (and ones that aren't I suppose) and then we can make real ones (or for those of us that can't, just wait till someone else does, and do that online marketplace type thing and buy the car, or whatever), or you can just have presets I suppose.

Lastly, I'd like to have those front wing things (I can't for the life of me, remember what they're called) available for all cars, because, trust me, that standard 1000 hp Dodge Viper just takes off when ever you hit one of the rumble strips going around the Nurburgring.

Which part, exactly, of Midnight Club must PD not copy?
Midnight Club is about illegal motor racing taking place on public roads. There is nothing wrong with Midnight Club but Gran Turismo doesn't need to become this form of racing.

Latest Posts

Back