GT6 Customizability

• Thread starter MrSwagg
  • 177 comments
It's not too much to ask for realistic engine sounds after I've added an exhaust. I've seldom maxed out cars in GT5 simply because of that terrible, generic noise. In fact, I've skipped over many cars in GT5 for the same reason. It's like trying to drive a car that sounded like it had an engine made of chalkboard and was powered by nails.

Easy. Don't give new exhausts to your cars if you don't like they're sounds, they'll may feel hurt if they hear you say so. For me. I sometimes don't add new exhausts to my cars while tuning them, but when I, I do it to create a perfect tuned race based car. :sly:

Easy. Don't give new exhausts to your cars if you don't like they're sounds, they'll may feel hurt if they hear you say so. For me. I sometimes don't add new exhausts to my cars while tuning them, but when I, I do it to create a perfect tuned race based car. :sly:

That's the way I do it, I just stick to certain exhaust. Especially on the V8s.

I understand what you're trying to point out, but that's more of getting around the problem rather than fixing it. I often have to keep the exhausts stock when I'm tuning cars. In fact, I make it a self-rule that I don't use exhausts to gain power.

I understand what you're trying to point out, but that's more of getting around the problem rather than fixing it. I often have to keep the exhausts stock when I'm tuning cars. In fact, I make it a self-rule that I don't use exhausts to gain power.

I do the exact same thing it has been a rule of mine for the past year.

That's the way I do it, I just stick to certain exhaust. Especially on the V8s.

Agreed LMSCorvetteGT2. 👍

I understand what you're trying to point out, but that's more of getting around the problem rather than fixing it. I often have to keep the exhausts stock when I'm tuning cars, in fact, I make it a self-rule that I don't use exhausts to gain power.

Don't worry 1241Penguin. The more we cuss up PD about the engine sounds the better it'll be for GT6's engine sounds. lol :lol: This thread should help you get the right sounds for your cars. Believe me. :)

GTP Exhaust + Car best Combo's
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237388

Edit: According to the list. The Ferrari cars must never be given any exhausts period. ;)

Last edited:
I do agree with Penguin though as far as GT6 customization goes, we should have the necessary sounds. I know PD is very technical due to culture but digitalized engineered sounds aren't the way to go anymore. Yet I digress since this isn't the thread for it really, I mean indirectly I suppose.

You and 1241Penguin are completely right. Kaz races in 24H races in Race spec cars, how could he not know what the cars sound like? What he needs to do for GT6 at least, is have some of his workers record the sounds of the cars, or even hire new members who love to record engine sounds. What's up with him I ask?

What's more sad, is that they don't show how they record the sounds. They use computers to do it or what? I like how Turn 10 actually shows how they do things, but not PD? Tisk tisk. :P

You and 1241Penguin are completely right. Kaz races in 24H races in Race spec cars, how could he not know what the cars sound like? What he needs to do for GT6 at least, is have some of his workers record the sounds of the cars, or even hire new members who love to record engine sounds. What's up with him I ask?

What's more sad, is that they don't show how they record the sounds. They use computers to do it or what? I like how Turn 10 actually shows how they do things, but not PD? Tisk tisk. :P

Sure...could you show me how t10 do it

Sadly I don't know how to put videos up like how you guys do it. However. I, *sighs* really shouldn't put a link up. You know? It'll be unhealthy for this thread. :sly:
It was in a video about GT3, I think. Same thing as FM4. DYNO.

Recording sounds on a Dyno isn't the best method though. I wouldn't know what is.

Thanks @another_jakhole. :) I've never though Kaz and his team did all that effort from before. What happened? :( I hope they'll be doing that again for GT6.

Thanks @another_jakhole. :) I've never though Kaz and his team did all that effort from before. What happened? :( I hope they'll be doing that again for GT6.
Effort, you say?

Recreating the Vast Natural Vistas of the Eiger Nordwand a Daunting Task

Hiroshi Samatsu worked on the racecourse design and played a central role in the design of the course on the North Face of the Eiger. “My challenge was to achieve sufficient intensity in the local photographic material to match the improved image quality of PS3. The Eiger is closed to vehicle traffic, so I had to climb the mountain on foot and use a helicopter to obtain photographs of the 4,000 meter peak. Changeable weather conditions further complicated the task of capturing the best possible pictures.

Keep in mind that surveying the mountain should include a lot more than simply the normal track. They probably had to cover a whole lot more with the dirt track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NwnLX_YlCl8#t=348s
Interior and exterior takes up the six months, which means that it doesn't include the physics for each car.

+ it's one graphics artist per car.

The physics department spends the most time working on the game. Not exactly the "most time", but they're the craziest, put it that way. Defining how realistic and accessible the game should be is Kaz's job.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. :nervous: What I met to say was I never thought they would record the sounds from the cars and show that they do. I wonder if they still do it?

I wonder that as well. I don't think they do but we might be wrong. At least some users here have shown that in more recent games, PD tweek sounds of certain cars for other cars. So two cars could use the same sample, but at different frequencies.

^ Indeed. If they still do, which I hope. I hope they show like a video of themselves recording the sounds of some cars again, and this time for GT6. :)

My view on the customizability of cars in gt6 is :

Tyres/Tires : I want to know what brand and model i'm putting on so a sports soft would be a Toyo 888, etc.I also want Drag Radials in the game.With tuning i would like to set each tyre pressure individually.I also want to be able to change the tyre sizes (profile & width).

Aero parts : I want proper named aero kit/parts not just ''type a, type b etc''
Seibon,Nismo,Mugen,Hammam,Brabus.Also more carbon parts like Bonnets,Wings,Lips,Doors,Boots(trunks),Fenders,Etc.

Wheels : Same as above really along with more choice of wheel designs,Makes,Models.Also like to change wheel sizes, profile and width.

Brakes - I want size upgrades,disc and pad upgrades,big brake kits,OEM upgrades to ceramic brakes where possible also let install makes like Brembo, Stoptech,AP Racing.

ECU : I want to be able to set things like Boost pressure,Anti Lag,Launch Control,Air/Fuel Mix,Timing,On Honda's be able to set Vtec ingaugement/crossover point,Rev limits,The list could go on.

Exhausts : Branded exhausts for a start so Milltek,Akrapovic,Supersprint,Fabspeed,HKS,Blitz,Prodrive,Etc.I want exhaust diameter upgrades so 2.25'' 3'' 3.5'' 4'' etc, I want to see want the exhaust is made of aswell so Stainless Steal,Titanium,Etc.AND PLEASE GET CARS SOUNDING LIKE THEY SHOULD DO.

Weight Loss,Rigidity Improvements and Interiors : Install Rollcages,Removal of seats,Race seats and Harnesses,Being able to install Boost Pressure,Air/Fuel Mix,Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges would be cool and have them working unlike in gt5.

Will think of more stuff i'm sure and will edit with them.

Jay

Last edited:
Lots of tuning parts (including brakes) and more aerodynamic parts, a livery editor and more wheels. All I need. (:

Well OK I think pd should put engine swap, and change the tuning around like u should be able to put wat turbo u want and etc..u should be able to put how much boost u want runing just like real life but dont over do the hp

Like in the game a rx7 fc. Is only 400 hp.. in real life u can get that car to 700 hp +.. and they really need to work on noise and add some body kits and rims. .

They say real life well all these things are..get gt6 better
Since im doing dis on phone i kinda misspelled some stuff but guys go on youtube type in 20b and u will want engine swaps. .listen to those mazdas

Last edited:
I wasn't disagreeing with more options and upgrades, I was disagreeing with making Gran Turismo more like Midnight Club. Gran Turismo is a leader, not a follower.
I don't get this kind of argument at all. Also, Midnight Club is about more than the customization and focuses nothing on replicating real life physics.

And adding more customisation will somehow make GT a "street racer" and change the "type of game" GT is?

How does that even work.
EXACTLY!

Same thing for neon lights :). The only argument people have about it is that GT is a serious racer as if that's supposed to mean it can't evolve in ways other than being a circuit racing game. Adding any level of customization to GT won't make it more like NFS Underground, an arcade racer, because "GT's ROOTS" have always been the same, and Kaz has always kept the series's formula the same.

You'd be changing the type of game GT is by taking out all of the tracks to make it only free roam, taking out all of the normal STREET cars and then, only keeping Ferrari, Lamborghini, and "Porsche". If GT was all about racing cars and racing them on tracks, this argument wouldn't exist, and I wouldn't be here talking about it.

How does adding all forms of customization degrade the series as "The Real Driving Simulator"?

Last edited:
Visuals wise I'd be happy with custom number plates and the ability to paint different body parts individually. Tuning wise however needs a hell of a lot more options which other people have mentioned

What we really need is racing customization read carfully please and i hope you understand what in my mind .

some people want neons and custom number plates and thats al right actually its a great thing .

but gran turismo is NOT street racing game the best image i can show you is need for speed shift customization proper racing customization , buying a small slow car and tuning it up until you can turn it into a fully racing machine .
a racing customization in the interior like remove the door panel and changing the steering wheel .
more focused tuning not arcade-ish tuning that makes anyone can fully tune any car .

thats all folks .

There needs to have been more performance tuning options ever since GT was created.

All I want is more GTR's thats what we all need right!
Right! That's all we need! More pointless posts that show how crap some of these arguments are! YEAH! lol

A custom paint option would be nice and the livery/ decal editor would be a really good feature to add to Gran Turismo

Latest Posts

Back