GT6 Customizability

• Thread starter MrSwagg
  • 177 comments
I am glad GT5 has suffered so much criticism. It will either spark PD to begin to listen to our ideas, or GT will simply fade into the darkness.

Got to keep the pressure on PD and Kaz. I want to see them succeed, but I could easily see a large fan base buying a different to play a different game.

Agreed. I want more pressure on them so they can finally have one of the members to make account here on GTP and start chating with us. Kaz takes forever to tweet back in his tweeter, even though he's busy. Why can't they just chat with us here on GTP. :(

If they made a account on GTP, they can even make a thread on GTPlanet's Forums, such as "GT Car Wishlist and GT Track Wishlist, hell. Even talking about GT Academy with the fans if they made a thread based on that." Bryan and the others can chat with us here on GTP too if they wanted.

I just want to hear them out more often, instead of hiding. :nervous:

Edit: There has to be a reason why they want to make a account on GTP. Are they scared of us? I'm not making fun of them or anything, just asking.

Agreed. I want more pressure on them so they can finally have one of the members to make account here on GTP and start chating with us. Kaz takes forever to tweet back in his tweeter, even though he's busy. Why can't they just chat with us here on GTP. :(

If they made a account on GTP, they can even make a thread on GTPlanet's Forums, such as "GT Car Wishlist and GT Track Wishlist, hell. Even talking about GT Academy with the fans if they made a thread based on that." Bryan and the others can chat with us here on GTP too if they wanted.

I Think working and hiding are to different things. Me personally I don't care If PD communicated with us or not. I'm not going to front that would be awesome if they did but I see many people on this board really upset at that fact

TokoTurismo

Edit: There has to be a reason why they want to make a account on GTP. Are they scared of us? I'm not making fun of them or anything, just asking.

There is an official forum..they likely would correspond there first.

I Think working and hiding are to different things. Me personally I don't care If PD communicated with us or not. I'm not going to front that would be awesome if they did but I see many people on this board really upset at that fact

I could understand why they don't talk much. There was one person who told me they wouldn't want to bring up the hype like they did with GT5, for everyone to fall into disappointment again.

And working and hiding are two different things? :odd: How? :irked:

There is an official forum..they likely would correspond there first.

Please, tell me where that is. Wait a minute. That's in the Gran Turismo website's fourms is it?

That's not a point, that's an opinion, and while it's not a bad idea, I still think it's not a priority.

And I had enough of your insulting demeanor, so I reported your post.

Cheers
Ah so you reported me? Your report was ridiculous just like your campain against livery editors. FYI Moderators said me nothing. Have fun trying to find a single logical reason why livery editors shouldn't be allowed on road cars.

Cheers.

Thank you Sir I am getting sick of this GT need to do what Forza does or it's going to be left behind because a few members on this forum say so, but sales say something totally different. Oh here it comes sales have nothing to do with it that's the next argument because as GT fans we are all brain washed ughhh. Don't get me wrong lets critique the GT series and make it better but some people are like broken records. I will say It again and no I don't need to explain it LMS just as fast you can come down on GT5 and say it has nothing to offer other games you have been playing GT since the beginning so you should know GT5 does things that other games can learn from. Yes they are behind on the customization part but I truly feel Kaz knows this and will address this as he had it on his list of what he wanted In GT5.

Numbers say otherwise? See why I mentioned that Bluntified in my comment to you? Certain GT lovers think that the numbers provide all the argument needed to prove everyone else wrong. GT sales only show a great marketing on PDs part, they do not show customer satisfaction and how could they, when much of the money they made was in the first month before the game was released and after. No one is saying it should follow Forza only; there are many games it could learn from but if you enjoy isolationism then maybe PD need a Commodore Perry. What does brain washing have to do with it? You obviously are set on this ideal that PD can do no wrong with GT, yet why should we sit here and let you spew this subjective BS to those who have yet to decide. I have to say that Bluntified had good talking points even if we didn’t fully agree, yet you seem to only see the points you side with from his post.

Both sides of the argument should be shown and if you can't handle an argument with us then why bother posting? No I do need explanation because there was a time GT did things others had not, yet this isn't 1998 to 2002 anymore. So once again what does the current state of GT innovate in that other sim racers do not? All you're doing is beating around the bush and acting as if I should know, how would you know what I know?

GT5 was supposed to blow us out of the water as well, what happened with that? Yet next game they'll show us, which is something you really can't promise cause not even you don't know. You base faith on GT being great next time around like some dogma. Truth be told until they communicate with fans and tell them or show them dev work for the next game then maybe more people might believe. Rather they go off build a game say a few things with the opposite happening

Thank you Sir I am getting sick of this GT need to do what Forza does or it's going to be left behind because a few members on this forum say so, but sales say something totally different. Oh here it comes sales have nothing to do with it that's the next argument because as GT fans we are all brain washed ughhh.
Rudenut... Dude I cant say it better than that. 👍 I said it earlier any GT fan telling me GT cant learn things from FM4 is lying to themselves and this is vice versa. I was just playing FM4 last night doing a mountain chase with traffic down hill and it was a blast. I would love something like this in GT. My problem is the comments of some people just saying things because they want a feature in the game but because it not in the game is automatically irrelevant.

You say in one post that you disagree with GT following FM, yet in another post you talk about your avid FM playing and how GT should learn things from them.

Quite ironic

Last edited:
Numbers say otherwise? See why I mentioned that Bluntified in my comment to you? Certain GT lovers think that the numbers provide all the argument needed to prove everyone else wrong. GT sales only show a great marketing on PDs part, they do not show customer satisfaction and how could they, when much of the money they made was in the first month before the game was released and after. No one is saying it should follow Forza only; there are many games it could learn from but if you enjoy isolationism then maybe PD need a Commodore Perry. What does brain washing have to do with it? You obviously are set on this ideal that PD can do no wrong with GT, yet why should we sit here and let you spew this subjective BS to those who have yet to decide. I have to say that Bluntified had good talking points even if we didn’t fully agree, yet you seem to only see the points you side with from his post.

Both sides of the argument should be shown and if you can't handle an argument with us then why bother posting? No I do need explanation because there was a time GT did things others had not, yet this isn't 1998 to 2002 anymore. So once again what does the current state of GT innovate in that other sim racers do not? All you're doing is beating around the bush and acting as if I should know, how would you know what I know?

GT5 was supposed to blow us out of the water as well, what happened with that? Yet next game they'll show us, which is something you really can't promise cause not even you don't know. You base faith on GT being great next time around like some dogma. Truth be told until they communicate with fans and tell them or show them dev work for the next game then maybe more people might believe. Rather they go off build a game say a few things with the opposite happening

You say in one post that you disagree with GT following FM, yet in another post you talk about your avid FM playing and how GT should learn things from them.

Quite ironic

Quite Ironic how you still cant read. Following FM and learning things from FM are different things. :rolleyes: Honestly you talk as you are the whole world or even better the whole GTP community. I'm sorry GT5 disappointed you but this is not the same for others.

Following FM and learning things from FM are different things.
In what way? Sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding this statement.
Honestly you talk as you are the whole world or even better the whole GTP community. I'm sorry GT5 disappointed you but this is not the same for others.
While I don't have any statistics to show how many people were disappointed and how many weren't, I can assure you that a handful of people expected GT5 to be a lot more than what we actually got.

In what way? Sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding this statement.

While I don't have any statistics to show how many people were disappointed and how many weren't, I can assure you that a handful of people expected GT5 to be a lot more than what we actually got.

Very easy(Following) FM way of gaming and appeasing to its audience is different from GT. I do not want GT to follow the way FM is, I like the GT style of gaming. This does not mean GT cannot take the good/better things FM does and apply it to the game. That is the learn part. GT is GT and FM is FM. Let both games take their own paths to success but at the same time learn from one another. To your ending statement whats your point? GT5 lived up to my expectations this is why I am on this board and play the game since day one. I cannot speak for everyone else but I can look at the General News thread, and see more than 500,000 plus people still clocking in TT in the last two weeks. So if people are upset as you say, they cant be that mad because they are still playing. :sly:

Very easy(Following) FM way of gaming and appeasing to its audience is different from GT. I do not want GT to follow the way FM is, I like the GT style of gaming. This does not mean GT cannot take the good/better things FM does and apply it to the game. That is the learn part. GT is GT and FM is FM. Let both games take their own paths to success but at the same time learn from one another. To your ending statement whats your point? GT5 lived up to my expectations this is why I am on this board and play the game since day one. I cannot speak for everyone else but I can look at the General News thread, and see more than 500,000 plus people still clocking in TT in the last two weeks. So if people are upset as you say, they cant be that mad because they are still playing. :sly:
👍
For one, I don't like how people say to make the sounds more like Forza's. I would be ENRAGED!!! if that happens.

Me too. I didn't expect to be playing the same game this long either. I haven't felt the need to buy another game. God of War III and Heavy Rain were games I wanted whenever the prices dropped below half the normal price. I haven't cared to get them. I was so close to buying FM4 a few days ago, because of the XCM F-1 converter, but then I saw the price of it.

The consistency - about 20k average sold a week for around a year now - shows that more people are impressed with GT5 than everyone thinks.

👍
For one, I don't like how people say to make the sounds more like Forza's. I would be ENRAGED!!! if that happens.

Me too. I didn't expect to be playing the same game this long either. I haven't felt the need to buy another game. God of War III and Heavy Rain were games I wanted whenever the prices dropped below half the normal price. I haven't cared to get them.

The consistency - about 20k average sold a week for around a year now - shows that more people are impressed with this game than everyone thinks.
Cant agree more with you buddy. 👍 this game doesnt leave my PS3, unless the wife wants to watch one of her movies. :yuck: I dont want anyone to think I don't want GT to get better in the customization department because this is not the case. The day GT lets us customize more through out the game GT will reach new levels.

Quite Ironic how you still cant read. Following FM and learning things from FM are different things. :rolleyes: Honestly you talk as you are the whole world or even better the whole GTP community. I'm sorry GT5 disappointed you but this is not the same for others.

I read it just fine, you say one thing then jump to opposite. It's not different, you just wish it was. Following something and learning from it are the same. If GT follows they way FM makes a damage model for example that would show them following but learning how to expand past the current one show in GT5 that isn't much of one.

I talk as if I'm better? No, you just take it personally, I don't know you nor do you know me so not sure why you'd take anything personally unless we are insulting one another. Exactly how am I acting like I'm better than the real world? I get along with plenty in the GTP community so not sure how I try to act better than them. If this is all you have for an argument, then I'm sorry you have nothing quite tangible to the real subject at hand. I'm just arguing your points and showing you how you're wrong. At the same time I'm asking once again to tell me what areas GT is currently innovating in.

A quick list, it would only take a short time. I wasn't disappointed just expecting more and thus I’m now being proactive and asking for more out of PD. People like you (now you can take it personal) seem to take offense to that, and have this "if it aint broke don't fix it" issue. Except with customization as you put it.

👍
Even though they are clearly better than that of GT5?
The consistency - about 20k average sold a week for around a year now - shows that more people are impressed with GT5 than everyone thinks.
Sales don't mean everything; just because people purchase GT5 doesn't mean that they're satisfied with it.

"Vociferous"-ness of the sounds, so It's preference. ^^^
I don't like how they ALL have that powerful sound to them. From what I've seen on Youtube alone, nothing sounds natural. They have that vroom vroom sound to all of them. VROOOM!

Not to mention the crashing sounds in cockpit view, which wasn't what I was mentioning before :), that sound funny. The literal funny.

Even though they are clearly better than that of GT5?

Sales don't mean everything; just because people purchase GT5 doesn't mean that they're satisfied with it.
Looking at the bad critiques I would have thought that they hindered the consistent sales and longstanding sales of GT5 with FM4 leading in sales this year. That's not the case.

Cant agree more with you buddy. 👍 this game doesnt leave my PS3, unless the wife wants to watch one of her movies. :yuck: I dont want anyone to think I don't want GT to get better in the customization department because this is not the case. The day GT lets us customize more through out the game GT will reach new levels.
Definitely.

Actually, I was thinking about being the ability to customize the interior making it into a car game. People care for the cockpit view so much, me included, that it seems like a no-brainer. Completely pointless to a lot of people, which is right. It doesn't really add as much to gameplay, except for eye candy. With the livery editor in FM, there's at least creative competition in using it.

Last edited:
Definitely.

Actually, I was thinking about being the ability to customize the interior making it into a car game. People care for the cockpit view so much, me included, that it seems like a no-brainer. Completely pointless to a lot of people, which is right. It doesn't really add as much to gameplay, except for eye candy. With the livery editor in FM, there's at least creative competition in using it.

That's where Genki comes in. If only Kaz would hire them, if they're still around. :dopey:

Edit: Oh, one more thing. If I want to hear "real" engine sounds. I'll hear them from "real" life. Simple as that. Why can't anyone see this? :sly:

Gonna have to ask you to explain this one to me, thoroughly. It makes absolutely no sense.

Makes sense to me I can understand why people love FM sound department, however I will take GT5 on my 7.1 all day. This is way off topic but your color creation data base is awesome Championship white NSX-R 92 👍 @LMS I will stop because all we will do is go back and forward like the last time. :lol: Also re read my post I never said you were better than any body. If you think learning and following are the same thing then it's all good.

That's where Genki comes in. If only Kaz would hire them, if they're still around. :dopey:

Edit: Oh, one more thing. If I want to hear "real" engine sounds. I'll hear them from "real" life. Simple as that. Why can't anyone see this? :sly:
It's not that I'm saying GT5 has "real" engine sounds. I'm saying I find the sounds in FM4 to be really irritating. Tire squeals are sweet though. AND it's not everything about the sounds, just that they generally over-compensate and are too loud/deep.

Makes sense to me I can understand why people love FM sound department, however I will take GT5 on my 7.1 all day. This is way off topic but your color creation data base is awesome Championship white NSX-R 92 👍 @LMS I will stop because all we will do is go back and forward like the last time. :lol: Also re read my post I never said you were better than any body. If you think learning and following are the same thing then it's all good.
Exactly. Itsa preference.

The part I bolded also I think they go hand in hand. The reason I go back and forth with you is because you still wont provide proof or you go back on things you say. That's why I insist to keep it going. Sorry if you don't see why though.

We should take this convo to the chat. We are going off topic.:lol: @ LMS I missed a comma relax I just told you I did not mean that right but you still go on? This is what a meant "Honestly you talk as you are the whole world or even better, the whole GTP community." Again lets just drop it I don't need any vacations.

It's not that I'm saying GT5 has "real" engine sounds. I'm saying I find the sounds in FM4 to be really irritating. Tire squeals are sweet though.

Don't worry, I wasn't direct it to you. I was directing it to those who are so crazy for the sounds in Forza that GT5 doesn't have. Big deal. What, people love to hear the car VROOM vrooming then hear it's fart with fire coming out? Hahaha. Funny isn't it? :lol: You can actually hear the car farting from it's exhaust pipe. Sure they do the same in real but that's real life. :lol:

Real life engine sounds are more accurate "in my opinion." :sly: Game engine sounds are game engine sounds. As long as the car is there, I'm happy.

Don't worry, I wasn't direct it to you. I was directing it to those who are so crazy for the sounds in Forza that GT5 doesn't have. Big deal. What, people love to hear the car VROOM vrooming then hear it's fart with fire coming out? Hahaha. Funny isn't it? :lol: You can actually hear the car farting from it's exhaust pipe. Sure they do the same in real but that's real life. :lol:

Real life engine sounds are more accurate "in my opinion." :sly:
Ah I understand. I still couldn't ignore you, my broski. lol

To further explain though, I understand how people would find GT5's sounds annoying. Honestly, I preferred FM's sounds for a while, but then time went on. With that, so did Spec 2.

and Wind Noise. Not for the hood cam though.

We should take this convo to the chat. We are going off topic.:lol: @ LMS I missed a comma relax I just told you I did not mean that right but you still go on? This is what a meant "Honestly you talk as you are the whole world or even better, the whole GTP community." Again lets just drop it I don't need any vacations.
I'm all pooped, sorry. lol

I'd love GT to add more customization, even if it were only RM all premiums (with paint by section) and tire size changes. I also play GT every day and have done the same for each past one as well but it would have been sold day one if it weren't for the physic's. It seem's they are falling behind in every category other than physic's/graphics and there is much more to racing in my mind than that. A big part is each car being different.

Ah I understand. I still couldn't ignore you, my broski. lol

To further explain though, I understand how people would find GT5's sounds annoying. Honestly, I preferred FM's sounds for a while, but then time went on. With that, so did Spec 2.

and Wind Noise, not for the hood cam though.

Haha. Sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you. :) I couldn't agree with you more on the wind noise, so fantastic. *v* I love the engine sounds in FM4, I find GT5's engines sounds okay too. I won't make a big deal with though.

What I don't like is when people find engine sounds are the most important thing to have in a racing game, then make a big deal with GT5's engine sounds.

I don't like how they ALL have that powerful sound to them. From what I've seen on Youtube alone, nothing sounds natural. They have that vroom vroom sound to all of them. VROOOM!
Not all of them has that noise. I know what you're referring to, but in the interior view, it's seldom noticeable. Granted, I've only played Forza 4 with regular TV speakers.
Looking at the bad critiques I would have thought that they hindered the consistent sales and longstanding sales of GT5 with FM4 leading in sales this year. That's not the case.
If I said that, Gran Turismo 6 was a terrible game in my opinion, you'd still buy it, correct? Given your previous experiences with the series. Also, people seldom listen to game reviewers. If you were choosing between a Ferrari 458 and a Lamborghini Gallardo, surely you'd test them out first hand, instead of just listening to what reviewers have to say about them.
Hmm... given the "sly face" emoticon, I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but engine noise is a big part of driving experience, especially in a game, where you get to drive cars you possibly have no chance of driving in real life.

That doesn't make sense...I go on because you just contradicted yourself. Also you did it again and then give me some weird reason. I talk as if I want people to be honest and not try to save face, if it offends you sorry but I'm blunt you know this from prior arguments.

Hmm... given the "sly face" emoticon, I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but engine noise is a big part of driving experience, especially in a game, where you get to drive cars you possibly have no chance of driving in real life.

Oh great, hear we go. You see, I'm in road cars all day. I don't be in race cars, exotic cars, or even muscle cars. I don't see why your taking it serious. Such a shame, even though I was kidding trying to test someone who fell into my trap. :sly:

I need to stop going off topic before anything gets worse. Yes, I'll love to "at least" see more RMs which can be like body kits. Are Rally Kits possible for Rally based cars like the Impreza and Lancer? I liked that in TXRD2. :)

Edit: We need some Mud Flaps like Rally Mud Flaps for the cars and trucks that can go off road too. And more of rally parts like those big lights on the car's bonnet. ;)

Last edited:
Oh great, hear we go. You see, I'm in road cars all day. I don't be in race cars, exotic cars, or even muscle cars. I don't see why your taking it serious. Such a shame, even though I was kidding trying to test someone who fell into my trap. :sly:
It's not too much to ask for realistic engine sounds after I've added an exhaust. I've seldom maxed out cars in GT5 simply because of that terrible, generic noise. In fact, I've skipped over many cars in GT5 for the same reason. It's like trying to drive a car that sounded like it had an engine made of chalkboard and was powered by nails.

Latest Posts

Back