GT6 Strato Mod

• Thread starter emivebe
  • 124 comments
I found another issue. I'm doing Seasonal #4 in the Coffee break now. Ordinarily you can do lap after lap until you sort of master the car and track. But something has changed and now you only get a single lap, when you complete it, you have to restart.

This will be a bit of a problem because superlap events often have you starting with the AI beginning the lap at a low speed. I think some seasonals might be impossible to gold if you can't continue lapping until you get the entry to start line perfect.
Good observation. I will check the events where this occurs and reposition the start further back so that there is enough speed when starting the lap.

Good observation. I will check the events where this occurs and reposition the start further back so that there is enough speed when starting the lap.
If it's at all possible to leave it how it originally is (just keep doing laps), it would be better imo. More reflective of the state of the original event. I know the base Spec II mod allows continuous laps.

One of the reasons is the invalidated laps. It feels more authentic to me that you can invalidated a lap and just keep going. Feels more natural to continue lapping rather than continuously restarting.

Edit: also noticed the track extents for the superlap aren't like they are in the original seasonals. There's parts where I can go way off course and it doesn't invalidate. I know this because there was a section in the M3 superlap that gave me so much trouble but I can roll right off the track now.

Last edited:
Sorry emivebe, I should've played for a bit more before dumping bits of feedback.

With the super laps under coffee breaks. I really think you should put it back the way it was in Spec II mod. I just managed a gold on the BMW M3 Super Lap event by taking massive shortcuts, getting an invalidated lap, but it still awarded me gold when I crossed the line.

So I crossed the line, with an invalidated lap, and got gold something like 6 seconds under the time needed.

Aside from this, like I said before, the track extents are not as tight as they were in the original events. This alone makes it hard for me to be 100% confident that I really did a good time, because for all I know I took shortcuts the original event never allowed.

Edit: the ghosts in the super laps are also a bit off. The ghost currently is starting from where the player has initial control, rather than starting from what the player crosses the start line. This means that you could be setting a faster lap overall compared to the ghost, even though the ghost is in front of you the whole time.

Last edited:
Back