GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,015 comments
Don't get me started. I've been experimenting for Race B and as far as I can tell everyone's going to be in the Alphard. Ridiculous BoP.
umm-wait.gif

:P

You'd think that by now I would completely understand the whole DR thing. And I pretty-much do. I just need someone else to look at this, and say what I probably already know (if that makes sense).

I'm a B at 68%. So nowhere near the top of Bs. In this race I started P13 - HANG ON, I KNOW where I start doesn't matter to how my DR is affected, but just hear me out. As I said, I started P13 with a couple of Bs ahead of me. I finished P10, with only one B in front of me, all the rest were As. I even had one A finish behind me.

1685220902387.png

So this was a decent race for me. I expected to gain a few DR points, because of how well the race went for me.

But my DR stayed exactly the same (to the pixel, anyway).

So is the issue just that too many people finished in front of me, even though they're mostly all As and I'm nowhere close right now? The reason I mentioned where I started was that (obviously) I would probably score better if I started higher up in the race (duh), so I know I need to improve my QT.

But anyway, yeah, there it is. I thought a good finish like this (for me), would have helped, but it didn't.

As an aside, it would REALLY be nice if more people were racing, so I didn't end up at the end of a mostly A lobby. But I guess those days are long gone. The shine is off, and people have moved on. Sigh. It's unfair for PD to get me solidly hooked on their drug, then have the distribution channel start to dry up. I guess that's life.

Just call me a ramblin' man. Trying to make a living play some racin' and doing the best I can. (with apologies to the Allman Brothers)

You'd think that by now I would completely understand the whole DR thing. And I pretty-much do. I just need someone else to look at this, and say what I probably already know (if that makes sense).

I'm a B at 68%. So nowhere near the top of Bs. In this race I started P13 - HANG ON, I KNOW where I start doesn't matter to how my DR is affected, but just hear me out. As I said, I started P13 with a couple of Bs ahead of me. I finished P10, with only one B in front of me, all the rest were As. I even had one A finish behind me.

View attachment 1260217

So this was a decent race for me. I expected to gain a few DR points, because of how well the race went for me.

So is the issue just that too many people finished in front of me, even though they're mostly all As and I'm nowhere close right now? The reason I mentioned where I started was that (obviously) I would probably score better if I started higher up in the race (duh), so I know I need to improve my QT.

But anyway, yeah, there it is. I thought a good finish like this (for me), would have helped, but it didn't.

As an aside, it would REALLY be nice if more people were racing, so I didn't end up at the end of a mostly A lobby. But I guess those days are long gone. The shine is off, and people have moved on. Sigh. It's unfair for PD to get me solidly hooked on their drug, then have the distribution channel start to dry up. I guess that's life.

Just call me a ramblin' man. Trying to make a living play some racin' and doing the best I can. (with apologies to the Allman Brothers)
I've always been in lobbies like that (recognize a few names there). It's why my DR trickles upward, pixel-by-pixel, but always seems to plummet downwards.

Last edited:
I need some help guys. And opinions. Starting P6, I had a good fight for a podium. But to be fair, my last lap last turn overtake is a bit questionable. I feel like the driver in front hits the brake a bit too soon, so I had to move to the left to avoid contact. By doing so, I pretty much launched it into the hairpin and did the overtake for P3 which was not intentional at first. I didn't missed my brakingpoint, I didn't missed the apex and also really did not hit him... At the end of the race I’ve been called dirty by the driver I overtook. Now, I don’t think I agree with that, but maybe I'm missing out on something. So I was wondering how you guys look at a situation like this? You don't need to watch the whole race, the incident is on the last lap at the hairpin.

Disclaimer: I know nothing. Let's assume that you lose the following points when these folks finish ahead of you (given you are B):
A+: -3
A: -2
B: -1

Invert the points when you finish ahead of these folks. You lost -12 points here. Now, assume that you will gain the following points if a higher DR person was in the race:
A+: +2
A: +1

You get 11 handicap points. Net you lost -1. With more accurate calculation, it probably comes out net zero. I definitely feel that if you are the only DR B in an all A lobby, and you finish last, you still lose points.

It is a tradition when an DR A (usually SR below S) gets cleanly overtaken by a DR B, lol. Wear his message as a badge of honor.

Last edited:
I need some help guys. And opinions. Starting P6, I had a good fight for a podium. But to be fair, my last lap last turn overtake is a bit questionable. I feel like the driver in front hits the brake a bit too soon, so I had to move to the left to avoid contact. By doing so, I pretty much launched it into the hairpin and did the overtake for P3 which was not intentional at first. I didn't missed my brakingpoint, I didn't missed the apex and also really did not hit him... At the end of the race I’ve been called dirty by the driver I overtook. Now, I don’t think I agree with that, but maybe I'm missing out on something. So I was wondering how you guys look at a situation like this? You don't need to watch the whole race, the incident is on the last lap at the hairpin.

I mean it was an absolute send - and it was past where you normally start braking (see pics). Couple that with the extra speed from the slipstream and you do unfortunately qualify for Dive Of The Century.

I personally would not consider it a very sportsmanlike move, you only made the apex because you cut across to it and parked on it, if the car ahead were anywhere else you'd either piledrive them or shoot off to the end of the earth.

1685223309304.png

Vs. earlier braking point, slightly less speed.
1685223324186.png

Last edited:
I mean it was an absolute send - and it was past where you normally start braking (see pics). Couple that with the extra speed from the slipstream and you do unfortunately qualify for Dive Of The Century.

I personally would not consider it a very sportsmanlike move, you only made the apex because you cut across to it and parked on it, if the car ahead were anywhere else you'd either piledrive them or shoot off to the end of the earth.

View attachment 1260221

View attachment 1260222
I see what you mean, thank you for this point of view. I also understand where you are coming from. But would you consider it as a dirty move?

IMG_0596.jpeg

Another enjoyable Race C, I love the N24! Dodged the rain again. Started P2, punted first corner but survived, P1 crashed in first four minutes leaving me first but I got caught by someone absolutely rapid in an RSR, let him by at Flugplatz and then it was all quite quiet from there! Sticking with the 650S, it’s interesting that the Supra is so so fast but it’s frisky handling means I’ve never seen it win a race..

I see what you mean, thank you for this point of view. I also understand where you are coming from. But would you consider it as a dirty move?
I wouldn’t necessarily say it was dirty, you missed your braking point and in avoiding P2 you basically divebombed him. He did well to notice it and dodge you but the only thing I’ll say is… he could have defended even just slightly coming up to the braking zone which would have left you diving outside of him instead (or punting him if you didn’t make it) and him keeping position.

I think in a real race you’d say it was a little aggressive but Max Verstappen has been getting away with late braking like that for years! No contact, probably no penalty but you’d get chewed out by the other driver in the cool down room!

I wouldn’t necessarily say it was dirty, you missed your braking point and in avoiding P2 you basically divebombed him. He did well to notice it and dodge you but the only thing I’ll say is… he could have defended even just slightly coming up to the braking zone which would have left you diving outside of him instead (or punting him if you didn’t make it) and him keeping position.

I think in a real race you’d say it was a little aggressive but Max Verstappen has been getting away with late braking like that for years! No contact, probably no penalty but you’d get chewed out by the other driver in the cool down room!
I did this in one of the first races of the week; missed the braking in the slipstream and the only place to go without crushing someone was the inside (there were three of us). Slowed down, and said 'sry 4 dive!' in the chat. Everyone was cool about it.

I wouldn't say it was dirty necessarily, but certainly overzealous.

It's the type of move that if I did it I would definitely go "ah oops" and hand it back. But I'd welcome others takes on it.
I understand. I did saved the replay of the race, and checked it from his point of view. And it looked like he braked sooner than he did on the other 4 laps. Also he moved a bit to the left in the brakingzone, but just slightly. It might not be the cleanest overtake, I agree on that. But I don't think it is a dirty move too. Thanks for sharing your opinion with me. It helps me to become a better driver. I appreciate it!

View attachment 1260217

I mean, it just depends on their DRs vs yours, both the players who finished ahead and behind you. The A+s won't take much from you, but just as an example, let's say the As ahead are very low As and the Bs behind are very low Bs. Being a 2/3rds B, the low As will take a chunk from you but you won't take a lot from the low Bs. I know this is kind of an extreme example but it always helps me visualize. Going a step further, like how you can theoretically finish P2 and lose DR. If you're an A+ rated driver and get in a lobby with all E rated drivers, finish P2, you will take virtually nothing from P3-P16 but P1 will take a lot from you.

Famine explained it well, per below. I saved in a txt file for later reference.

DR is solely determined by your race finishing positions: a straightforward exchange of points between you, the people you beat, and people who beat you, scaled according to the relative difference in points between you.

But you do. The further ahead they are of you in terms of raw DR points, the less you lose, but you do lose points to them unless the difference is enormous.

For every car you finish in front of you gain:
80 - ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

For every car you finish behind, you lose:
80 + ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

As you can see, unless the difference is in excess of 39,500pt, you'll lose at least one point.

In a race where everyone has identical DR, this is the change in points after the race:
1: +1200
2: +1040
3: +880
4: +720
5: +560
6: +400
7: +240
8: +80
9: -80
10: -240
11: -400
12: -560
13: -720
14: -880
15: -1040
16: -1200

Last edited:
How do the aliens pull those low times at Goodwood? The 1'27.000 club is insane, don't know how they pulled those times off. And sometimes i'll drive a good lap and that durn obstacle before the finish line gets me.

Last edited:
How do the aliens pull those low times at Goodwood? The 1'27.000 club is insane, don't know how they pulled those times off. And sometimes i'll drive a good lap and that durn obstacle before the finish line gets me.
In the words of James Hunt "Big Balls"
Seriously. A good chunk of the blistering speed those guys have is being able to chuck it into a few of those corners with only your outside tires still on the inside of the track and keep your foot flat on the gas. I know on my flyer I was flat on exit of St. Marys and only just kept my outside tires from catching the grass. But it was worth an extra couple of tenths at that corner alone. Do it turn 1 and the corner that sets up the run down the back straight and you gain huge chunks just from the long build up. I'm on the gas before apex of that turn after St. Marys, and it's flat from there until the final sector. Massive time gained when you nail it.

And I'm still miles back of the top 10.

Last edited:
You have to be really brave, and take lots of chances. As you will know, if you go off here it takes a long while to get back on track.

I'm not brave enough to throw it into the corners, or slam down the gears, like they do - hence a poor QT. However, my steady driving benefits me in the race, where I have been making up places when others go off!

I've mainly finished on the podium, but no win yet - usually because there's some A+ guy on pole who laps 2 seconds quicker than me (quali and race!).

There don't seem to be many drivers doing this race, many races have had less than 12 starters, which is unusual in my experience.

Good to see an opposite view from me. I watched the video again. I am unsure though if I agree with your view.

What I see is that @AmateurDriver unintentionally braked slightly late (maybe by not taking slipstream into account), and in attempt to avoid hitting the gold Italia, he changed the lane. So “if the car ahead was elsewhere” was never going to apply.

Given AmateurDriver hit the apex, he unintentionally made a legit pass. It is the gold Italia who is at fault for hitting him by being too slow to react (not saying it is possible to react that fast) (more falls under racing incident).

Good to see an opposite view from me. I watched the video again. I am unsure though if I agree with your view.

What I see is that @AmateurDriver unintentionally braked slightly late (maybe by not taking slipstream into account), and in attempt to avoid hitting the gold Italia, he changed the lane. So “if the car ahead was elsewhere” was never going to apply.

Given AmateurDriver hit the apex, he unintentionally made a legit pass. It is the gold Italia who is at fault for hitting him by being too slow to react (not saying it is possible to react that fast) (more falls under racing incident).
He got lucky with it really as he was reacting to his own mistake and not really in full control of the car.

There's a big what if there, if another car was ahead and taking the turn as normal it would have been an awful divebomb and probably punt.

That there was space there was pure luck and not judgment or planning.

So it's a racing incident, sure, but by the skin of his teeth :lol:

Last lap last corner block pass. No contact. Nothing dirty in it. Other driver was probably just annoyed that he lost the position when you were quite a long way back.

Thanks to everyone who comemmented on it. It's funny though how the opinions differ so much. Some say that nothing happened there and that the move was done correctly. Others say that it's a divebomb (which it is to be fair). With all that, I'm going to call it a racing incident. The driver I overtook called me dirty directly after the race. And for me that is what this is all about, was I being dirty or not? And I think it's fair to say that the move was not dirty, especcialy given the circumstances (him braking a bit too early and also moving a but under braking).

Hmm, well the thing is, technically that is a move not penalty worthy because you stayed within track limits, did not force the other driver off, and also you did not cause an incident. But that is only because of the awareness of the driver ahead. If the driver ahead turned left when he actually should then that is a massive crash, and then it is a slamdunk penalty for you. With league rules we have in a league I race you are always at fault for a move you, IF you either a) cause a crash or b) force them off the track. The rear quarter panel rule we use also means that unless you are that close to side by side, then you will not have the right for space on the inside. So if the driver ahead closed the inside, he/she would have had the right to do that.

So yes while the move is unethical, it is legal. You should tend to avoid using those moves often, sooner rather than later you will cause a big crash.

I'm not seeing enough Alphard love in this thread.
Embrace the van and it shall carry you (and your family, very convenient and spacious!) to many victories.
Haha yeah what happened?? Two updates ago people were creaming themselves over this car coming to the game, now it seems the rose coloured glasses have come off or something cause I'm seeing a lot of people whinging that its gonna be up in daily race B 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1260221

View attachment 1260222
what I read there was "you only made the apex because you did the things you needed to do to make the apex" which is like yeah kinda how racing works.

It was a spicy dive but ultimately successful. I do think the gold Ferrari hit the brakes earlier than needed, trailing car later than optimal, and then gold Ferrari jukes slightly to the left causing trailing car to have to pull hard left and at that point might as well go for the bomb.

There was slight contact on the part of the Ferrari on corner turn in but in GT racing I would not call that intentional contact or worthy of a penalty on either cars part.
Savvy bomb, almost perfectly executed, very spicy.

what I read there was "you only made the apex because you did the things you needed to do to make the apex" which is like yeah kinda how racing works.

It was a spicy dive but ultimately successful. I do think the gold Ferrari hit the brakes earlier than needed, trailing car later than optimal, and then gold Ferrari jukes slightly to the left causing trailing car to have to pull hard left and at that point might as well go for the bomb.

There was slight contact on the part of the Ferrari on corner turn in but in GT racing I would not call that intentional contact or worthy of a penalty on either cars part.
Savvy bomb, almost perfectly executed, very spicy.
He ended up parked on the apex facing the outside of the corner because of the dive. I'm not sure of the universe wherein that's how you usually take a corner.

He only made the corner properly because the gold Ferrari knocks him loose and helps him round, else he's taking an awful line and compromising his exit entirely.

Look at the difference in orientation between the two exits. You aren't making the corner normally with the first line whatsoever.

1685279240658.png

1685279319166.png

There's nothing wrong with what you did. I don't know why it's even a real discussion. :confused:

You passed him clean. You entered the turn a bit too fast. Contact was initiated by the other car, who tried to turn left too soon, and hit your car, which was then ahead of his.
If he were smart, he'd have waited a bit and undercut you on the exit, easily taking his spot back.
I guess he was just surprised.

Last edited:
He ended up parked on the apex facing the outside of the corner because of the dive. I'm not sure of the universe wherein that's how you usually take a corner.

He only made the corner properly because the gold Ferrari knocks him loose and helps him round, else he's taking an awful line and compromising his exit entirely.

Look at the difference in orientation between the two exits. You aren't making the corner normally with the first line whatsoever.

View attachment 1260407

View attachment 1260409
Well where I'm from parking on the apex is legal, legit, and in situations like this required for a pass. Top screenshot is still under braking at that point and would have made it around the corner in my opinion. Wide yes, but made it around. Ferrari like Sturk said could have braked harder, not turned in where they did, and undercut the diving car and re-passed headed into the straight.

You said it yourself diving car isn't making the corner "on the normal racing line" they're making the corner on a wide line. If the Ferrari turns in later but slower they undercut and regain position. If the Ferrari brakes and follows the diving car can be wide on exit and maintain position by strategic positioning.

It's GT racing, not F1. Bombs happen, contact happens, everyone moves on with their lives. Basically this is only a crappy move if you're driving in F1. This happens multiple times per race in IndyCar, NASCAR, and GT racing. And as this is GT racing I see no problems at all

It's a dodgy move to make (on purpose) because you need the other driver to be aware of you and not simply take their normal racing line as they are entitled to. Had they done that, there'd have been a crash and it would have been @AmateurDriver's fault.

However the other driver was aware and gave room - although they could have done with giving a bit more, so they could do the over-under rather than slowing themselves up by bouncing off the rear of the car.

Dirty? No. Unethical? No. Massively risky? Hell yeah. Good job it paid off this time (although it does look like it wasn't on purpose).

As this week's Dailies (I still can't get over why the weekly races are called Daily races), I must say, it was a daggum good week for me 100% thanks to the N24 daily C. I've lived at Nord this week and I will be sad to see her go.

Some positives from the week:

#2 account:
Stared with some good races in the Lambo. The car is super fun to drive around Nord but it just isn't fast. Didn't put in a quali for the first couple of days but eventually did (in the Lambo) in an attempt to start in the top 5 going forward. Had some good battles and generally a lot of fun in it.

7b0f27d92a4bfd0bc82fd1a07c1866f6_photo.webp

07e05d2c210aed3d2c326b8fbe35d519_photo.webp

#3 account:
Jumped into the EMEA side of things and had some fantastic races here. Was able to set my best quali lap in the Supra at 8:12.5. At the beginning of the week, my DR was ~1/3 into A but a couple wins, and a handful more podiums now has my DR ~2/3 into A so a nice bump for sure.

7538e002d18c4242858572254c4d3a1d_photo.webp

Stream sniped Grove today and jumped into a lobby with him (@GOTMAXPOWER was on the stream but wasn't in the race when I logged in :guilty: ). Started P3 and got close to Grove but wasn't able to get it done. He's really fast in that POS Ferrari. My best opportunity came at the start of lap 2. Despite some pressure from a GTR basically all of lap two, came home P2 less than a second behind Grove (vid is timestamped).

#1 account:
Got a win, which they surely don't come easy on this account. Was actually not planning on doing any of these on the #1 account as the rain could really kill a race (and the DR with it), but was having so much fun here on the other accounts I did anyway. We did get some rain in one of the races, but barely enough to even register on the grip meter.

9d8128d85f01fa0de2ec16d8517c6286_photo.webp

P1, let's go!

50fa0c32519cb1bec413d3db70c548d8_photo.webp

This was the combo I've been waiting for since I started doing Sport Mode in GT7. I am sad to see her go...

Last edited:
Back