GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,016 comments
I'm just ambling around in the Huracan, picking up fistfuls of positions as the Ferraris all drive into each other or crash. Finished the last race in second after the guy in the Ferrari ahead of me span off at the penultimate corner all by himself.

Also you need to be way closer to the Huracan to get a decent slipstream off it than you do if you're in it.

I may make it to A by the end of the night if this keeps up.
Try the Veyron ;)

I'm just ambling around in the Huracan, picking up fistfuls of positions as the Ferraris all drive into each other or crash. Finished the last race in second after the guy in the Ferrari ahead of me span off at the penultimate corner all by himself.

Also you need to be way closer to the Huracan to get a decent slipstream off it than you do if you're in it.

I may make it to A by the end of the night if this keeps up.
Actual lol - just won one because the Ferrari in front scored a one-second penalty for... I guess track limits at Dunlop but I have no real idea why.

I've had a few seconds and thirds today, but that one win (apparently my second ever Sport Mode win, in 75 races) jumped me about 5% through B from 90 to 95%.

Edit: 3 from 77 :lol:

Edit: 4 from 78!? 75% of my wins, ever, have been today, in Race B...

Last edited:
I’ve jumped into race B twice today. My first Sport mode races in several weeks. My qualifying time of 1:44.095 put in Q4 and Q6. Finished 2nd place for both races with the McLaren.

But more importantly, these results good enough to squeak me back into “B”. Really hope I’m here to stay this time.

Lastly, my win ratio is 5.47% (7 / 128) but I haven’t won in ages. That’s mostly beating up in E or D lobbies back in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 11
Looking forward to diving into Race C tomorrow. Had a little try earlier in the week and realised it was way too fast to just jump in at the back and figure it out in the race, very exciting!

Damned late work shifts where my eyes just aren't able to keep up with the game in the evenings by the time I'm finished.

I hope i'm not too far behind by now :ouch:

Last edited:
Edit: 4 from 78!? 75% of my wins, ever, have been today, in Race B...
Incredibly, I just won a third race in a row (5 from 79, 80% in today's Daily Race B) and popped up into DR A for the first time on this account since GT Sport Beta :lol:

This one came on the last lap after a pass that lasted from the start line to turn three, and I was rather glad to have pulled it off because it was that or death. Or a track limits penalty.

The leader had spun in the final section at the end of the penultimate lap and the guy in second was only still there because I got cornholed on lap one turn one after making the initial pass as a guy further back didn't bother braking (and got 3s) - but once I'd caught back up we did have a fun three-lap scrap.

Incredibly, I just won a third race in a row (5 from 79, 80% in today's Daily Race B) and popped up into DR A for the first time on this account since GT Sport Beta :lol:

This one came on the last lap after a pass that lasted from the start line to turn three, and I was rather glad to have pulled it off because it was that or death. Or a track limits penalty.

The leader had spun in the final section at the end of the penultimate lap and the guy in second was only still there because I got cornholed on lap one turn one after making the initial pass as a guy further back didn't bother braking (and got 3s) - but once I'd caught back up we did have a fun three-lap scrap.
Who are you and what have you done with our @Famine? The guy we know almost never talks about his actual racing experiences (at least, not much since I've been here). I'm wondering if you're that imposter racer people mentioned a while back.

So prove you're the real famine - tell us about the etymology of "penultimate"!

(Just kidding, of course. Unless you want to...)

As predicted, my 1:43:005 had me start in P12 however, this race was different... I honestly have no idea of how things progressed from me getting up to P10, falling down to P16 and then finishing in P12 again! It was a fun, hectic but also clean race! I just don't understand how things ended up so up and down with no particular drama 😂

Who are you and what have you done with our @Famine? The guy we know almost never talks about his actual racing experiences (at least, not much since I've been here). I'm wondering if you're that imposter racer people mentioned a while back.

So prove you're the real famine - tell us about the etymology of "penultimate"!

(Just kidding, of course. Unless you want to...)
I usually don't do Daily Races, which is why I have only 79 Sport Mode races in the entire history of GT7 (and at least 20 of those were the SSRX meme Daily), but I do about one in three of the GTWS Nations/Manufacturers and Toyota GR GT races so you're more likely to find me posting in there. At least about racing.

Also paena (almost) and ultimus (last), both Latin - though ultimus comes from the PIE root "al" (beyond) via "ulter" (also beyond; also see "ultra"), but paena is a bit of a mystery.

Race C is such a great combination of track, tires, and lap count. It's been a little while since a race has felt like such a ripper. 20 laps flew by as the race was both clean and aggressive. So much fun!
It's the one time when the 10 minute gap between races has been welcome - the race is pretty full on all the way through, and the rest is definitely needed 🫠

It's the one time when the 10 minute gap between races has been welcome - the race is pretty full on all the way through, and the rest is definitely needed 🫠
My experience has been the race spaces out too much by 3rd or 4th lap. It's still an enjoyable drive but that first lap or so ferocity definitely fades away, at least in the races I've had.

My experience has been the race spaces out too much by 3rd or 4th lap. It's still an enjoyable drive but that first lap or so ferocity definitely fades away, at least in the races I've had.

Now this is an interesting observation and accurate dynamic I believe and it brings into question what people really want.

Close races where cars are fighting for position lead to exciting races but often complaints about carnage and dirty driving - and to a relation damage to one’s DR and SR rating.

Conversely, races like C, which spreads out and involve pit strategy (often to get out of the pack and get in clean air) can be accused of being boring or processional.

It seems we are never happy.

For what it’s worth I think Race C this week has been masterful in execution. The short lap allows you for repetitive runs to learn and master the track and then in race the first few laps are frenetic and then it spreads out. But you can’t rest and you have to drive each lap perfectly as one slight loss of concentration can mean wipeout and a sudden loss of 10 spots. It may have only been a 19 minute race but I’m drained at the end of it.

I say let’s have more like it.

Side note: I really want to race it more but I haven’t since Wednesday as I’ve needed to focus on other (non GT7) things. I may not get any more chances this week…

Last edited:
For what it’s worth I think Race C this week has been masterful in execution. The short lap allows you for repetitive runs to learn and master the track and then in race the first few laps are frenetic and then it spreads out. But you can’t rest and you have to drive each lap perfectly as one slight loss of concentration can mean wipeout and a sudden loss of 10 spots. It may have only been a 19 minute race but I’m drained at the end of it.
this. I'm racing against myself as much as others and keeping focus through the lonely parts is every bit as much racing as the wheel-to-wheel action.

Now this is an interesting observation and accurate dynamic I believe and it brings into question what people really want.

Close races where cars are fighting for position lead to exciting races but often complaints about carnage and dirty driving - and to a relation damage to one’s DR and SR rating.

Conversely, races like C, which spreads out and involve pit strategy (often to get out of the pack and get in clean air) can be accused of being boring or professional.

It seems we are never happy.

I say let’s have more like it.

Side note: I really want to race it more but I haven’t since Wednesday as I’ve needed to focus on other (non GT7) things. I may not get any more chances this week…
Some experiences will be player specific anyway, I found myself in a position where I was pulling away from the car behind but losing time to the car ahead, led to it being a pretty uneventful last half of the race which won't always be the case.

Some experiences will be player specific anyway, I found myself in a position where I was pulling away from the car behind but losing time to the car ahead, led to it being a pretty uneventful last half of the race which won't always be the case.
I've always found those types of races the most difficult to hold my attention. It's why, if I start pole position and the people behind me all crash and give me a big gap, 9 times out of 10 I'll do something stupid and lose first place. "Look - a squirrel!"

For what it’s worth I think Race C this week has been masterful in execution. The short lap allows you for repetitive runs to learn and master the track and then in race the first few laps are frenetic and then it spreads out. But you can’t rest and you have to drive each lap perfectly as one slight loss of concentration can mean wipeout and a sudden loss of 10 spots. It may have only been a 19 minute race but I’m drained at the end of it
Absolutely true. I caught up with a guy after the pitstops, but couldn't get past him, as he was in the Genesis and I was in the 911. I was right on his tail through the twisty bits (for 8 laps!), but he left me for dead on the start/finish straight.

Fortunately he finally cracked on the penultimate lap, made an error on the final turn, and then had to follow me home! Quite rightly we congratulated one another in the post race chat, but I had to go and sit in the garden to cool down....

Fortunately he finally cracked on the penultimate lap, made an error on the final turn, and then had to follow me home! Quite rightly we congratulated one another in the post race chat, but I had to go and sit in the garden to cool down....

That final turn is so hard to get right consistently lap after lap.

In fact it’s not just that turn. It’s the entire complex. The sweeping high speed right hander, into the left turn as you brake and get your line for the hard right hander again that you need to nail if you’re to have any speed into the straight. It’s quite magnificent in its design!

Last edited:
the people behind me all crash and give me a big gap, 9 times out of 10 I'll do something stupid and lose first place. "Look - a squirrel!"
I find myself locked into watching the timing board if this happens, and getting the sweats if I have a bad corner and give 2nd place half a second. Even if that still makes it 11.5 second gap :lol: At the very least it keeps me focused on something, try it, it could help!

I'm torn about uploading my A races because they aren't like a lot of people experience them, I did well and then a bit meh so it's mixed

There is contact but it's considered contact. The moves are confident and balanced

Are there some absolute muppets yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely true. I caught up with a guy after the pitstops, but couldn't get past him, as he was in the Genesis and I was in the 911. I was right on his tail through the twisty bits (for 8 laps!), but he left me for dead on the start/finish straight.

Think thats the definition of a good/great race.

Man, Daily Race B is getting brutal. It's nowhere as bad as past weeks, thank God, but people are really pushing each other around. And I had a guy take two runs at me - one he succeeded but it didn't really do much to me except give me some damage, and the other he just plain missed me and binned himself (those are the best!)

I suppose he thinks I did something to him, but there are delusional people everywhere these days. Did I check the replay? Nope. If I'm the delusional one, I'd prefer it to stay that way. Ignorance is bliss.

Man, Daily Race B is getting brutal. It's nowhere as bad as past weeks, thank God, but people are really pushing each other around. And I had a guy take two runs at me - one he succeeded but it didn't really do much to me except give me some damage, and the other he just plain missed me and binned himself (those are the best!)

I suppose he thinks I did something to him, but there are delusional people everywhere these days. Did I check the replay? Nope. If I'm the delusional one, I'd prefer it to stay that way. Ignorance is bliss.

Keeping your no retaliation streak alive?

Last edited:
Whoever invented race c this week needs therapy 💀🙃. Pointless short track with gr3 tbh. 🔥 At least we are not forced to use racing hards. 🤣

Last edited:
Back