GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,154 comments
Stonking time! Glad you're not on my "friends" leaderboard. :cheers:
I had to laugh. Obviously I could figure out what "stonking" meant from the context, but I Googled it, and here's their definition:

used to emphasize something remarkable, exciting, or very large.
"a stonking 207 mph maximum speed"

So I guess you used the right word!

I had to laugh. Obviously I could figure out what "stonking" meant from the context, but I Googled it, and here's their definition:

used to emphasize something remarkable, exciting, or very large.
"a stonking 207 mph maximum speed"

So I guess you used the right word!
While I speak mostly American these days (with a British accent) occasionally some old world vernacular still dribbles out my mouth :D

Very good question.

So my settings typically are 0 BB, TC 0 and I was using ABS weak.

What I have subjectively found (in my own times) Using default ABS is that it smooths out some of my trail braking inconsistencies.

With default for me it's compromise of ultimate stopping distance performance vs allowing faster deeper trail braking which has had the most impact on lowering my times.

I don't have the fidelity to have ABS Off without the direct seat of the pants feeling you get in a real car I just end up locking up constantly.

Edit: added a lap showing how I use the brake while it's set to ABS default.

Don't have a lap with it on weak.

Following Gallo .2 offset for the ghost.

As you can see I can catch him through braking for T1 (its just everywhere else he runs away 🤣)

Interesting, its also those inconsistencies which I'm trying to address by doing qually's the hard way. The seat of the pants part comes from turning up the volume on tire sounds. Also, this helps calibrate my feet to pedals. Something which has been a bit of challenge as I use a wheel stand (next level, the one which allows for pedal module angle). It's not perfect ie: consistent every time which makes things a bit slower to learn from a muscle memory perspective. Never the less, its coming along. At this point consistently following racers closely, and planned consistent passes, constitute winning .. So, its always interesting to see how people who have surpassed that point, choose to play.
Thanks

It feels like podiums are few and far between for me these days, so this one feels good.

1694646227797.png

And apparently I'm driving the meta car, at least in this race:

1694646335518.png

I've tried a bunch of other cars, but the 458 seems to work best for me. Some of the cars I tried were probably just as quick, but the engine sounds made me feel like I was going slow. It's amazing what a difference the engine sound can make, at least for me.

Anyone else have similar experiences with engine sounds?

It feels like podiums are few and far between for me these days, so this one feels good.

And apparently I'm driving the meta car, at least in this race
I've tried a bunch of other cars, but the 458 seems to work best for me. Some of the cars I tried were probably just as quick, but the engine sounds made me feel like I was going slow. It's amazing what a difference the engine sound can make, at least for me.

100%, engine sounds make a lot of difference for me, and it's another reason why I love the 458....I love that sound, while I don't like driving the 650S, that it's such a great car but....GT7 got her a really turbo sound a little pumped down, it seems to me a little bit boring.

Happy for your podium btw :cheers:

Did a couple of races tonight, Q10 F6 and Q6 F5, my QT isn't as good as I can possibly can but I had not much time to play and really wanted to race :D

I only did a few practice laps before jumping into some races. A few laps to get my brake markers down and such.

Race 1 has me in P6 which is fine. Lap 1 chaos entering turn 1 and I get tossed about but still kept moving forward. On the right hand turn after the esses, a driver gets into the back of the driver in front of them, that sends them into the back of me and I spin. I fall to p16 and turn this race into an extended practice session. I accidentally did a drift in one of the corners and saved it. That was the only "highlight" of my race. Thanks to rage quits, I finish P13.

Race 2 has me in P9. The first lap goes great with no problems and I settle in to P5. But, on lap 17 I lose concentration just enough to take a bad bounce, spin, and hit a wall where I fall to P10. A completely deflating experience throwing away a top 5 like that. I call it a night.

The race is still fun and I love this "short track" racing combo. I was just unlucky tonight. Oh well, it happens. I'll be back at it tomorrow and have some fun.

Ran 2 races on primary, race 1 Q14 P9, race 2 Q12 P5. Mostly C & D lobbies with fairly decent driving. I made a few good passes to advance but also went wide a few times subjecting me to bring passed.

Ran 2 more on alternate Q12 P13, race 2 Q12 P7. This is where the fun was. Race 1 was B to D drivers with tight single file racing. I went wide on the last turn of lap 4 and lost a place. Race 2 was D & E drivers and what a dodge festival this race was. EVERY (yes EVERY) turn was a series of short cutting the corner or going wide to avoid the carnage. When I saw the lobby rankings I was worried about high ranking drivers starting new accounts but it truly was a D & E driver lobby. Figured that out on lap 1 turn 1 when half the field went off and another quarter of the field played bumper cars. Those of us at the rear of the field pulled on through and took the first 4 spots. It was pretty and fun too.

Put the results in @GrumpyOldMan 's tracker and went down in DR across the board today for both accounts but since I don't care about my DR I am jumping back in to try the GT3 cars tomorrow. This should be fun, my practice sessions have not looked very good so far.

Have fun, race hard, drive fairly.

I changed my natural frequency tune some more and I think I have it a bit more in control.

As of last night I was able to get ahead of @Nebuc72 time to get back to the top of the leaderboard. This was my run.

LOL 😂😂😂

You should probably checkout your friends list again.
I think you poked a hornets 🐝 nest and just found out what the M6 is capable of in the right hands.

Congrats to @Nebuc72 for not disappointing.

Such fun chasing these friends list even if I’m near the bottom of mine this week. For everyone I top, there’s a muhaha Dr Evil laugh as soon as I see the advancement.

Cheers and good luck with your challenge. The bar has been set again. 👍

Last edited:
No sound = No game, lol. Half the joy is piloting cars most of us will never get our hands on and the sound is a HUGE part of really anchoring that experience. Lewis Hamilton's reaction sums it up nicely @ the 51 sec mark. Symphony. The sound brings the emotion.

The developers did a pretty amazing job with the sound production in this game. Not only did they nail (most of) the cars, but they really nailed the landing with the surround. Everything is coming from where it should be. Motor moves to the back, so does the sound. Side exhaust versus rear? Yup, notice that, too. My favorite way to race is with the audio loud...pretty incredible to sit in the middle of it. I keep the music off just to keep it from getting in the way. Problem is, I don't do headphones, so the house has gotta be vacant for that.😁

:cheers:

PS - Somewhat related, but completely unsolicited, advice...if you've never had a decent home stereo, change that (if you can). Seriously, it's not a million dollar endeavor and well worth every penny you can spend, imho. 👍

I was wondering when I might see @TheNormsk in my lobbies, the way you've been driving lately... and there you were! Starting P5 to my 7, iirc? Dang. When you reach A, it will be the least surprising thing I read here. It looked like you had a good run. I started to chat 'Well Done' and my internet suddenly died. Yikes. At least I was already in the lobby with a poor result, but with a CRB.

Recall how I've also said I usually avoid the 'disaster' races? Well, that hasn't been true for about two or three weeks now. It's getting frustrating, and I might be a little burned out. I don't really care about the dr so much as the constant back of the grid results. Some of it can be me, but not all of it. This race, I was the victim in turn 1; it's why I had to laugh when I surged 5 places on turn 1 earlier in the week, I felt I deserved that after my recent runs. Karma bit me tonight.

Next week is some travel for me, maybe I could use that break.

Good luck and early congrats on your A, if you don't have it already. The way you study the game and care about racecraft, it was only a matter of time.

WARNING long post!
LOL 😂😂😂

You should probably checkout your friends list again.
I think you poked a hornets 🐝 nest and just found out what the M6 is capable of in the right hands.

Congrats to @Nebuc72 for not disappointing.
I knew when I posted that, @Nebuc72 would respond and it would not last long. It did not. :D I tried to get it back today but couldn't beat my time. There were a lot of being within a thousandth of my current PB and definitely times where I was .4s up putting me on course for a 51.2x time only to mess up on the last set of corners. The challenge now is that I have got into a cadence of running QT laps around 51.7 so when I am that .4 up I don't know how to handle the next set of corners at that pace and then mess up. It's all incremental. As I get used to a certain set of speed at one part of the track I gradually push it further and further along. The last corners are still my weak spot as a result.
I was wondering when I might see @TheNormsk in my lobbies, the way you've been driving lately... and there you were! Starting P5 to my 7, iirc? Dang. When you reach A, it will be the least surprising thing I read here. It looked like you had a good run. I started to chat 'Well Done' and my internet suddenly died. Yikes. At least I was already in the lobby with a poor result, but with a CRB.

Recall how I've also said I usually avoid the 'disaster' races? Well, that hasn't been true for about two or three weeks now. It's getting frustrating, and I might be a little burned out. I don't really care about the dr so much as the constant back of the grid results. Some of it can be me, but not all of it. This race, I was the victim in turn 1; it's why I had to laugh when I surged 5 places on turn 1 earlier in the week, I felt I deserved that after my recent runs. Karma bit me tonight.

Next week is some travel for me, maybe I could use that break.

Good luck and early congrats on your A, if you don't have it already. The way you study the game and care about racecraft, it was only a matter of time.
Thank you and good racing with you. QT performance made it for me in this race. My new time was putting me Q3 or Q4 and I avoided the mid pack hassles I had yesterday. In the end. yes I did a thing, and I got promoted to A (after the next race).

Gran Turismo® 7_20230913212136.jpg

I'm in big trouble now! :D

Race 1 Q3 -> P4

I start Q3 and basically hold that through the pit shuffle (having come in end of lap 8 and exiting in a perfect spot). I was still 3rd on the last lap when P4 side swipes me on the last turn pushing me down to P4. I was not amused. I called him out on it in the lobby afterwards and he was apologetic but if it really was a misjudgment on his part then he should have yielded the spot back up. But he didn't.

What do you think of his move? Fair and I had left the "door" open or was is a lunge and dive, knowing he could side swipe me out the way?

Race 2 is the one with @icycls . Q4 -> P5

I start Q4 and hold that until the pits. I come in end of lap 8 with P5 0.555s behind me. I come out in P12, behind you, but with P13 bearing down on me. Through lap 9 I tussle with P13 causing me to lose time and he passes me in the final set of corners only to then pit. That cost me time though and after the pit shuffle works itself out I drop a spot to P5. The guy behind at the start had made up the gap or I lost it. That's where I finish.

Race 3 Q3 -> P3

Not the worst lobby. 4 Bs and 12 As with a time gap of .6s between all of us. I was a little worried and my goal was just to be defensive and make top 8. No more ambitious than that. In fact that is my general goal of all races these days. If I can do that then that is progression. I gave a very minor punt in turn 1 to P2 but no spots were exchanged but I lost my CRB as a result. After that, this race was actually quite processional for the top 4 (I don't know about after that). I remained consistent (all my practice trying to beat @Nebuc72 time really paid off) and pitted lap 10 and came out perfect. My times after pitting were running with me driving about 98% of my QT effort.
Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 11.03.14 PM.png

It's interesting that my laps are around .7 to 1s off my QT best. While I see other drivers occasionally pull out times in the 51s during the race I just can't do it. Perhaps it is because I know that if I try to drive at 100% QT level I invariably bin it.

In the end I came in 3rd and that prompted me to A.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230913212050.jpg

I've had a surge in progression since July.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 11.06.21 PM.png

I would say my surge in performance are down to two things.
1) Getting my Fanatec DD GT Pro wheel and perhaps even more so, the CSL Elite V2 pedals transformed my ability to drive and feel the car. The G29 is complete garbage in comparison.

2) Then I was feeling the limits of my cheap-o rig (Playseat Challenge) in that in hard braking it would lift in the middle or my pedals would move around so I would often fluff things from bad braking performance. I reinforced by rig by bolting it down to a board. I explain what I did in this post. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/show-off-your-sim-racing-rig-here.404775/post-14085870

Anyway those two things have helped me reach A. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Now having said all that, and if you are still reading by this point, I'll fully expect to be back in B next week! :D:D

Last edited:
WARNING long post!

I knew when I posted that, @Nebuc72 would respond and it would not last long. It did not. :D I tried to get it back today but couldn't beat my time. There were a lot of being within a thousandth of my current PB and definitely times where I was .4s up putting me on course for a 51.2x time only to mess up on the last set of corners. The challenge now is that I have got into a cadence of running QT laps around 51.7 so when I am that .4 up I don't know how to handle the next set of corners at that pace and then mess up. It's all incremental. As I get used to a certain set of speed at one part of the track I gradually push it further and further along. The last corners are still my weak spot as a result.

Thank you and good racing with you. QT performance made it for me in this race. My new time was putting me Q3 or Q4 and I avoided the mid pack hassles I had yesterday. In the end. yes I did a thing, and I got promoted to A (after the next race).

View attachment 1287085

Race 1 Q3 -> P4

I start Q3 and basically hold that through the pit shuffle (having come in end of lap 8 and exiting in a perfect spot). I was still 3rd on the last lap when P4 side swipes me on the last turn pushing me down to P4. I was not amused. I called him out on it in the lobby afterwards and he was apologetic but if it really was a misjudgment on his part then he should have yielded the spot back up. But he didn't.

What do you think of his move? Fair and I had left the "door" open or was is a lunge and dive, knowing he could side swipe me out the way?

I start Q4 and hold that until the pits. I come in end of lap 8 with P5 0.555s behind me. I come out in P12, behind you, but with P13 bearing down on me. Through lap 9 I tussle with P13 causing me to lose time and he passes me in the final set of corners only to then pit. That cost me time though and after the pit shuffle works itself out I drop a spot to P5. The guy behind at the start had made up the gap or I lost it. That's where I finish.

Race 3 Q3 -> P3

Not the worst lobby. 4 Bs and 12 As with a time gap of .6s between all of us. I was a little worried and my goal was just to be defensive and make top 8. No more ambitious than that. In fact that is my general goal of all races these days. If I can do that then that is progression. I gave a very minor punt in turn 1 to P2 but no spots were exchanged but I lost my CRB as a result. After that, this race was actually quite processional for the top 4 (I don't know about after that). I remained consistent (all my practice trying to beat @Nebuc72 time really paid off) and pitted lap 10 and came out perfect. My times after pitting were running with me driving about 98% of my QT effort.
View attachment 1287086

It's interesting that my laps are around .7 to 1s off my QT best. While I see other drivers occasionally pull out times in the 51s during the race I just can't do it. Perhaps it is because I know that if I try to drive at 100% QT level I invariably bin it.

View attachment 1287087

View attachment 1287088

1) Getting my Fanatec DD GT Pro wheel and perhaps even more so, the CSL Elite V2 pedals transformed my ability to drive and feel the car. The G29 is complete garbage in comparison.

2) Then I was feeling the limits of my cheap-o rig (Playseat Challenge) in that in hard braking it would lift in the middle or my pedals would move around so I would often fluff things from bad braking performance. I reinforced by rig by bolting it down to a board. I explain what I did in this post. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/show-off-your-sim-racing-rig-here.404775/post-14085870

Anyway those two things have helped me reach A. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Now having said all that, and if you are still reading by this point, I'll fully expect to be back in B next week! :D:D

Congrats on the A. I know how you feel because admit it or not, most enjoy the experience.

I have to tell you that the time you’re putting down this week is smoking. I went at it all night long and finally barely cracked under a 52 so I have an appreciation for what you’re turning.

It’s common to lose that A rather quickly be riding the roller coaster but the more that you focus in the same way you have lately, the sooner you’ll stay in A for the most part. The border zone can be rough and you’ll see B’s doing crazy moves to gain points and A’s in desperation to not lose the A.

Just keep focusing on the improvements you have been and it will work out fine. You will soon find yourself hitting the middle zone of A where you can experience some good clean fair racing again.

Last edited:
WARNING long post!

View attachment 1287085

Race 1 Q3 -> P4

Race 3 Q3 -> P3

View attachment 1287086

View attachment 1287087

View attachment 1287088

Good stuff man! Definitely something to be proud of, you've been a monster lately - your time this week is fantastic.

Yesterday I started a Daily B and when the list of players showed up I noticed that the FULL grid had B DR, except me being A in third place with 1:42.916 QT. My DR bar is at around 40%, which means I'm nowhere near the lower level, so how was that possible? Normally I'm matched with all A, and a couple of B at the back sometimes.

Last edited:

View attachment 1287052

View attachment 1287054

Definitely. Love the sound of the 458, Aston V8, and Silvia. NSX sounds alright too.

On the flip side, I refuse to drive the Alfa 155 and the Mazda RX-Vision (Gr3), because their engines sounds like Mosquitos and I hate Mosquitos!

Definitely. Love the sound of the 458, Aston V8, and Silvia. NSX sounds alright too.

On the flip side, I refuse to drive the Alfa 155 and the Mazda RX-Vision (Gr3), because their engines sounds like Mosquitos and I hate Mosquitos!
Absolutely. If there's ONE engine sound that is wrong for me, is the 155's. (I would also add the Delta HF Integrale)
It's like we're back with GT5's vacuum cleaners. They can't trick my ears, it's 100% synthesized. And boring.

Sounds nothing like the real thing:

Last edited:
Loved seeing your advancement on the chart, and with how steady your rise has been, I expect to see you in DR A permanently - if not now, then soon. It's actually kind of hard to sit back and watch your tail lights, but I'm thrilled for you nonetheless. :cheers:

I must be doing something very wrong in Race C at Sardegna - did 3 races yesterday, started P15 or P16 and got lapped in each race 😳

I think I must have selected a Gr4 car by mistake......😂

Admittedly it is a very short lap, but I can't remember the last time I got lapped in an online race, it must have been years ago!

WARNING long post!

View attachment 1287085

Race 1 Q3 -> P4

Race 3 Q3 -> P3

View attachment 1287086

View attachment 1287087

View attachment 1287088

It appears we have the same setup. I move between rig racing and DS4 racing because I have not had enough time on the rig yet to get the left foot braking down. My reactions so far has been not enough braking to slamming them on. In the nautical world we call this a skipping anchor and fully set anchor. With more practice I am sure I will get it. Racing with DD Pro sure is a lot more fun.

Have fun, race hard, drive fairly. I hope to see you on the track in a few years.

This is not an official rule though, just PDs view.
Well... no.

FIA International Sporting Code
b) Overtaking, according to the circumstances, may be carried out on either the right or the left.
A driver may not deliberately leave the track without justifiable reason.
More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted.
Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
However, manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited. Any driver who appears guilty of any of the above offences will be reported to the Stewards.

And that very much applies to GT3 racing, per the SRO's own Sporting Code for the Fanatec GT World Challenge:

SRO Sporting Regulations
FOREWORD
The Fanatec GT World Challenge powered by AWS is governed by the FIA International Sporting Code and its appendices (hereinafter "the Code"), the International Series General Prescriptions and the present Sporting Regulations specific to the Challenge, as well as the latest regulations of each of the Competitions which make up the Challenge.
SRO Sporting Regulations
Competitors are reminded of the provisions of the FIA International Sporting Code, particularly in relation to minimum licence requirements (ISC Appendix L Chapter I), Code of Driving Conduct (ISC Appendix L Chapter V) and on-track signalling (ISC Appendix H Article 2.5)

Last edited:
I stand corrected.

I've read the SRO Rules.
Chapter 5 Behaviour on track:
5. Brake checking, punting, bump-passing, and moving under braking, whether there is contact or not, are not permitted and will be subject to penalty.
6. Before entering a braking zone, drivers should be committed to their line for the corner, and should not deviate from that line while defending against another car.

@TheNormsk you should consider doing one if not both of the GTWS exhibition series now if you enjoy endurance racing.
The GT1 races will be a great opportunity to gain some seat time.

In general they tend to have a higher level of clean competition than average dailies racing.

Congrats on the A. I know how you feel because admit it or not, most enjoy the experience.

I have to tell you that the time you’re putting down this week is smoking. I went at it all night long and finally barely cracked under a 52 so I have an appreciation for what you’re turning.

It’s common to lose that A rather quickly be riding the roller coaster but the more that you focus in the same way you have lately, the sooner you’ll stay in A for the most part. The border zone can be rough and you’ll see B’s doing crazy moves to gain points and A’s in desperation to not lose the A.

Just keep focusing on the improvements you have been and it will work out fine. You will soon find yourself hitting the middle zone of A where you can experience some good clean fair racing again.
Loved seeing your advancement on the chart, and with how steady your rise has been, I expect to see you in DR A permanently - if not now, then soon. It's actually kind of hard to sit back and watch your tail lights, but I'm thrilled for you nonetheless. :cheers:
The feeling is good, I won't deny it. But also kind of scary, like I don't belong there. I have no doubt I'll probably drop back into B for a bit. I'm expecting to bobble around B/A for a while before hopefully solidifying A. The last couple of weeks I found tracks and car combos I really enjoyed (Suzuka is a firm favorite and this short Sardenga C reverse has been really surprising me after being ho-hum about it last week).
Good stuff man! Definitely something to be proud of, you've been a monster lately - your time this week is fantastic.
From you that is a high compliment. Thank you.

I must be doing something very wrong in Race C at Sardegna - did 3 races yesterday, started P15 or P16 and got lapped in each race 😳

I think I must have selected a Gr4 car by mistake......😂

Admittedly it is a very short lap, but I can't remember the last time I got lapped in an online race, it must have been years ago!
There have definitely been lapped cars in my races. It is not just you. In fact, even with my recent performance, early in the week everyone up to the person behind me was lapped. I just made it. It only takes a combination of penalties and a few wall collisions and being 1 to 2 seconds off the lead pace to lose 50s off the leader.

It turns out that tuning the springs of the car is critical to getting a good time out of this track. It is very bumpy with a lot of vertical weight shift as you are turning left then right at the same time and you need to balance all this in the settings. Hint, think about softening up your springs but get the balance right between front and rear. I probably spent several hours testing different settings and fine tuning here. The default balance is way off.

On this track, with the Genesis X at least I found it preferable to leave brake balance alone.
It appears we have the same setup. I move between rig racing and DS4 racing because I have not had enough time on the rig yet to get the left foot braking down. My reactions so far has been not enough braking to slamming them on.
This video helped me recently.

While I am still not perfect, training the muscle memory in the feet to be 25, 50 and 75% of brake and accelerator has helped me. Also for brake I adjusted the feel of it with the spring stack. I left the stock s1 spring in but I swapped two elastomers so I have 65|75|85 in it. Then for brake force in the wheel settings I think this is at 30. I had pushed it to 40 at one point but that was giving me knee pain and in the end I realized I was just wearing my leg out so dialed it back for less force and re-trained my leg using the video.
@TheNormsk you should consider doing one if not both of the GTWS exhibition series now if you enjoy endurance racing.
The GT1 races will be a great opportunity to gain some seat time.

In general they tend to have a higher level of clean competition than average dailies racing.
I've been taking a look at those but the trouble is committing to the time. Saturdays I'm usually doing something else..

In fact, today will be a day off from racing. I'm eager to see what new competition I have but my daughter is claiming the basement tonight and my wife is ordering me to go cycling instead. She thinks I'm becoming a troll.. :D

Last edited:

Hey @TheNormsk , listen to this guy! We were bouncing around AB at a similar time and then at some point he just pulled away from me and kept on driving! I keep thinking I'll drive up to him but it hasn't happened yet.

You will (maybe!) bounce across a few times like most of us. It's only irritating because it happens to be at an arbitrary point boundary.

I will say, for the few weeks I was in middle A, he is right - it seemed like a sweet spot of good competition. I was just a midfield driver in those lobbies but some really good racing.

View attachment 1287052

View attachment 1287054

Cool race, and congrats on your win. My qualifying time is 1'45.478, I used the WRX Gr.4 Car, it can help you navigate the corners and turns with a breeze and it has smoother braking to me. It's a good car made by Subaru.

I have bitten the bullet and ordered a DD Pro I just hope it's better that my current TGT2 and TLCMs
What did you do for pedals? The stock pedals are okay but are not load cell. If you want load cell I would recommend not doing the load cell up grade on the stock pedals but order the CSL Elite V2 instead. They are a whole different league. I love that the pedals have removal rubber faces. You can drive in socks and have grip for the brake but remove the rubber on the accelerator to allow it to slide under your foot for control.

Also get some driving gloves. Your hands will thank you. The rubber on the wheel removes my skin and gives calluses otherwise. For gloves I actually use cycling gloves. They work great!

Also be ready to spend several weeks playing with the settings that affect the wheel feel and feedback. You'll probably be slower at first until you find settings you like. You can easily get paralyzed by setting choice at first. I went through dozens of "recommended" settings and finally got it to a point where, better or worse, I said F' it. and I accepted what I had as-is and learned the feel of the car from there.

Last edited:
Lol, your good lap at Fuji got you clamouring for the next taste of the pie? :P
:P trying to make hay while the sunshines!

I'm still Glenny from the block, I know where I came from 🤣.

"My one good unrepeatable lap" to be fair 🤣

What did you do for pedals? The stock pedals are okay but are not load cell. If you want load cell I would recommend not doing the load cell up grade on the stock pedals but order the CSL Elite V2 instead. They are a whole different league.

Also get some driving gloves. Your hands will thank you. The rubber on the wheel removes my skin and gives calluses otherwise. For gloves I actually use cycling gloves. They work great!
Now you tell me, I bought the bundle and loadcell upgrade doh!

I have gloves (leaving present from a previous company) but I don't really enjoy them.

Last edited:
Back