GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
I've just done a couple of US races and they were won by A+ guys in the Citroen GT. I managed 6th in the 4C but tried the Citroen in the next race and had another 6th - was on for 3rd until I screwed up in a side by side battle on the last lap.
My fastest lap was quicker in the 4C but the Citroen seems such an easy thing to drive - I found myself pushing more the last few laps and was still getting personal bests. Tyres were still about 25% worn at the end - I got a low fuel warning at the end of the race too.

I'm hoping that I'm able to touch 1:55.xxx by the end of the week.
That would be a top time.

I was just skimming though a Rory Alexander stream on YT and it was interesting the QTs in the race Cs he was in. On the Euro server there were races where I felt I would not have been annihilated but then there were others where the top drivers were in the 1:54s :eek: with the rest in the 1:55s. Hard lobby. But then he switched to the US server and suddenly, the field was in the 1:56s/1.57s.

I've noticed this as well before switching between US and EU servers. It seems like the times are quicker in Europe. Sometimes I wonder if there is a technological reason for this like 60hz vs 50hz doing weird things but that wouldn't make sense. I'm sure it is just that there is a bigger pools of faster drivers, but it makes you think?

That would be a top time.

I was just skimming though a Rory Alexander stream on YT and it was interesting the QTs in the race Cs he was in. On the Euro server there were races where I felt I would not have been annihilated but then there were others where the top drivers were in the 1:54s :eek: with the rest in the 1:55s. Hard lobby. But then he switched to the US server and suddenly, the field was in the 1:56s/1.57s.

I've noticed this as well before switching between US and EU servers. It seems like the times are quicker in Europe. Sometimes I wonder if there is a technological reason for this like 60hz vs 50hz doing weird things but that wouldn't make sense. I'm sure it is just that there is a bigger pools of faster drivers, but it makes you think?
I really think the differences come down to:

The pool of good players is smaller

There is a lot more motorsport in general at all levels and classes in Europe. And most of the top level motorsports race primarily around Europe and are more exposed.

Got my first win today at brands hatch with the gr4 swift , so happy I was shaking on the last lap as I could see the 2nd place driver in my mirror.. amazing how a game can make you feel like , using a duelsence on the ps5.

Attachments

• SHARE_20230919_0240030.jpeg
    SHARE_20230919_0240030.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 12
  • 18aade114e65-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18aade114e65-screenshotUrl.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I´m having a lot of fun on race A this week .... The Diablo on VR is such a beauty (and a dream of mine when I was young) and it drives really good! Also Monza....

I´m not feeling race B and C this week, but that´s because I´m bad at the courses.

Make no mistake.. that is a real accomplishment.. congratulations

Not sure how long I’ll keep it. There’s typically about 8 A+’s at peak time NA daily C. Two start from the back with the rest of us up front. On a fun note, it’s suuuuuuuuuuuper fun racing being nose to tail the majority of the race. The only bad thing is one mistake sends you off the island, and you’ll lose a good chunk of DR.

Is the 4C that much better than the Slophy? Because I seem to be the only one using the Megane. Speed-wise, they’re very comparable, because they make up about as much ground in my slip as I do in theirs. Also, what’s the race tune for the 4C? Same as the Trophy?

Apparently 4C fraction front BB and it's the go to car.

I saw a 650 driven by an A+ driver do a no stop.

And if you are starting at the sharper end of the grid the Supra 1 stop strategy can work if your lucky where you come out and can make the passes quickly and cleanly.

I think that they have changed pre race lobby - everyone needs to go out of the pits and complete the lap. I've been sitting in Daily A for 12 minutes, because there are some players that are waiting in pits.

Nvm, it was a glitch.
I had this issue on Daily C last night. Race got stuck in warm up for 10 minutes

First game crash for ages (PS5). Daily race C, last few laps, wondering why everyone is off in the gravel all of a sudden then wham! PSN error.

I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing with setups, but tried a softer front than rear and managed to get a 1:28.5 (optimal 1:28.1) in the Supra for Race C, which put me on pole for the next race. I used the 4C in the race and managed a win - aided by the demise of a few tussling behind me.

Do people generally have the dampers all the way to the right in every car? I'm finding most cars a bit too skittish on some kerbs, so leaning towards a slighter softer ride (can certainly notice the difference through the force feedback) It's sometimes hard to tell if any changes in pace are due to the setup changes or just getting more familiar with the circuits.

Any tips on damper settings for Race B?

Last edited:
I've felt for the first time in a long while really hesitant to race this week. My B time is only 1:56:014 and my C time is on the cusp of 1:28 and the lobbies I'm gonna get mean it's going to be a battle, just keeping up.

Part of me says "just race" the other part of me says "get quicker you muppet" arrrgggghhh

I prefer racing to TT yet here I am smashing bloody laps out

I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing with setups, but tried a softer front than rear and managed to get a 1:28.3 (optimal 1:28.1) in the Supra for Race C, which put me on pole for the next race. I used the 4C in the race and managed a win - aided by the demise of a few tussling behind me.

Do people generally have the dampers all the way to the right in every car? I'm finding most cars a bit too skittish on some kerbs, so leaning towards a slighter softer ride (can certainly notice the difference through the force feedback) It's sometimes hard to tell if any changes in pace are due to the setup changes or just getting more familiar with the circuits.

For the McLaren and BRZ im pretty sure it will work for most cars although the porsche you might want to stiffen the front a tad more as the rear engine does half the work turning the car if you brake hard enough

Attachments

• IMG_9816.png
    IMG_9816.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
Don’t know what’s happening tonight but I just got glitch-gifted a win.

Race C. I did my no-stop in the 4C. French Ferrari on a 1-stop was fastest, zoomed away at the start and passed me for the lead on lap 7 with fresh softs.

It stayed that way until the end. They cruised the last lap and let me catch up on the line (but still in 2nd).

IMG_3841.jpeg

The post-race results shows us P1 and P2 as everyone finishes, then they disappear from the top 10 and I get this

IMG_3842.jpeg

The real winner was 13th on the race results with a -00.374 time gap.

My connection was showing red all race so maybe I unfairly snatched a win somehow.

I've felt for the first time in a long while really hesitant to race this week. My B time is only 1:56:014 and my C time is on the cusp of 1:28 and the lobbies I'm gonna get mean it's going to be a battle, just keeping up.

Part of me says "just race" the other part of me says "get quicker you muppet" arrrgggghhh

I prefer racing to TT yet here I am smashing bloody laps out
You'd be in a great position in the Americas with that qualifying time. Make an alternate account in this region?

Last edited:
I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing with setups, but tried a softer front than rear and managed to get a 1:28.3 (optimal 1:28.1) in the Supra for Race C, which put me on pole for the next race. I used the 4C in the race and managed a win - aided by the demise of a few tussling behind me.

I like the feel of extension dampers set to be equal front and back. For the compression, I like softer in the front and hard in the rear. Start by going harder in the rear and see how the lap times go.

I am one of those folks who likes the cars set to 25/40 for compression dampers front and rear. I also like a little extra front brakes because I hammer the brakes and release as I enter the corners.

I like the feel of extension dampers set to be equal front and back. For the compression, I like softer in the front and hard in the rear. Start by going harder in the rear and see how the lap times go.

I am one of those folks who likes the cars set to 25/40 for compression dampers front and rear. I also like a little extra front brakes because I hammer the brakes and release as I enter the corners.
It's personal preference but I agree, I find the slightly softer front helps the turn in and the transition to the power.

Where I found it most useful is T4 at maggorie where I was having loads of oversteer.

I also changed my line to apex much later to reduce the steering angle on exit when I hit the most wobble prone curbs in the game!

The stiffer rear helps a lot on exit but it's yin and Yang for me in that it hurts braking but it's making me coast more on this track and that's helping me time wise, less edge driving and more smooth.

I still feel I need to get my Race B QT into the 1:56s before I might be competitive so I may try some other cars as while I am getting on with the RCZ, it is not the a car that features heavily in the top 100 leaderboard and I feel I am driving it to its limit already. I scanned the global top 100 car list for race B:

GT-R GT3 '1826
Genesis X14
GR Supra '1813
BRZ GT300 '2110
RX Vision (Stealth/Concept)8
911RSR '178
M6 GT3 (Sprint/Endurance)5
Mercedes AMG GT3 '205
650S GT34
RCZ Gr32
R8 LMS Evo ('18/'19)2
NSX Gr31
458 Italia '131
Corvette C7 Gr.31

If that doesn't add up to 100 then I missed one or two in counting, but you get the idea.

I think I need to try the Genesis X again as I did well with that last week but when I tried it this week I was still very "green" with the track. Now I have a few hours on the track, hopefully I can start to pull out some decent performance from this car again.

Last edited:
I still feel I need to get my Race B QT into the 1:56s before I might be competitive so I may try some other cars as while I am getting on with the RCZ, it is not the a car that features heavily in the top 100 leaderboard and I feel I am driving it to its limit already. I scanned the global top 100 car list for race B:

GT-R GT3 '1826
Genesis X14
GR Supra '1813
BRZ GT300 '2110
RX Vision (Stealth/Concept)8
911RSR '178
M6 GT3 (Sprint/Endurance)5
Mercedes AMG GT3 '205
650S GT34
RCZ Gr32
R8 LMS Evo ('18/'19)2
NSX Gr31
458 Italia '131
Corvette C7 Gr.31

If that doesn't add up to 100 then I missed one or two in counting, but you get the idea.

I think I need to try the Genesis X again as I did well with that last week but when I tried it this week I was still very "green" with the track. Now I have a few hours on the track, hopefully I can start to pull out some decent performance from this car again.
You can get pretty much any Gr 3 car in to the 1:55s

I absolutely can't drive the fast reving stuff like the BRZ, and the weird shifting to absolutely get the most from it doesn't work for my driving style.

I'm really comfortable with the 650 as the power is super linear and that helps with all the fast exits you need. It brakes almost as well as the porsche but you have to manage the understeer which can be draining mentally.

Full transparency I won't drive the Genesis after the trauma of the boot leg Watkins Glen CE 🤣

The thing about that list you posting is the top 3 cars have massively peaky torque hence why they are fast but my god they are tricky to drive fast

yeah, the genesis is very nervous on this track, but smooth it out and it will do it. I was running the audi, but switched back the X.

I've run half a dozen races at LM, and, like someone said earlier, in every race someone has used my doors to wallride. This track just has those big corners to invite this. So... I can either go defensive (more than I already have), get faster, or give up. One of those three is very easy and very likely.

Man, the competition at Race B is really tough, at least in the DR B level. I thought I had a decent QT, but I was P10 in a room of all Bs except for one A.

And that first set of turns is a free-for-all. Don't think you can take it reasonably carefully so you don't run into people in front of you - the people behind just don't give one **** at all as they bump past you. Or me, in this case.

I'm usually a lot better at qualifying, and while I did cut almost 3/4's of a second off my time, I still need to cut another second before I'm competitive. And then I need to learn how to drive the track like the rest of these maniacs do. I'm willing to do that, but to stand any kind of chance I need to start way higher up the pack.

I can't say it's fun yet. I'm on the fence.

Man, the competition at Race B is really tough, at least in the DR B level. I thought I had a decent QT, but I was P10 in a room of all Bs except for one A.

And that first set of turns is a free-for-all. Don't think you can take it reasonably carefully so you don't run into people in front of you - the people behind just don't give one **** at all as they bump past you. Or me, in this case.

I'm usually a lot better at qualifying, and while I did cut almost 3/4's of a second off my time, I still need to cut another second before I'm competitive. And then I need to learn how to drive the track like the rest of these maniacs do. I'm willing to do that, but to stand any kind of chance I need to start way higher up the pack.

I can't say it's fun yet. I'm on the fence.
I can confidently say it's fun if you're starting in the top 5 or so! I'm itching to race, but I'm at work.

Last edited:
You can get pretty much any Gr 3 car in to the 1:55s
This is exactly what putting cars in classifications is supposed to do, so glad it's working.😁

Now, 1:55's for me is a pipe dream but, and to your point, all of the cars in any given class should be pretty close to one-another on the track. Some will be faster in straights, others in turns. Some will excel at some tracks, others at others. So, my question to the group is:
  • Is it faster to learn/stick with one car no matter the track or to switch-up cars based on venue?
Taking into account that all should be pretty close time-wise, I'm starting to wonder if picking one car and learning it inside-out and backwards on every track won't yield faster, more consistent results.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great slinging around all sorts of vehicles. Pretty sure that's why there's more than, say, three to choose from. But I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't turn into something along the lines of 'multi-tasking.' Lots of stuff done, but likely none of it is the best it could be.

Thoughts? :cheers:

Tidgney's guide helped me out a lot for this track, has some unusual turns and I didn't know what brake markers to use

Last edited:
I gotta admit, I sat down yesterday and ran a few laps of B, couldn't get below a low 58 then remembered that partial tuning is on and lost all will to continue.
I had 2 hours, I don't want to spend them finding a setup then spending tomorrow qualifying then maybe get to race Thursday when everyone has become even faster.

I guess I am going to call it a week without a single race.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back