GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
Ugh Mt Panorama. Love the track but at B/S it’s a total clown show. 2.03.6 got me third on the grid, punted at the Elbow from the guy behind. He gets a penalty so I re pass him, stay ahead until the round of pit stoops, still third going into lap 8. He pits a lap later than me so soon catches up and passes me. I get a better run going up the Mountain and out brake him on the inside going into Griffin. He waited to the Elbow again to put me in the wall to take third. That’s it mate, youre going in the gravel. No need for it because he would have passed me at some point anyway. We could have been third and fourth. What is the mentality of these people?

No I use a DD pro, I used a G29 to get to a top 2/3000 time. Had a TGT 2 for a while and that got me 145th in the Veyron at Fuji and moved to a DD pro a couple of months ago, just as my driving time spiked and decreased for life reasons.

Just reflecting on what 2 years of GT has bought me....smiles and cries, smiles and cries ;)
Understood! Do you have a load cell as well? I always say "Will get it this month" but something always comes up and I delay it lol. This time, at least, it's for a good reason! Finally got the last parts I have been waiting for almost 3 months for my engine and I started to rebuild it this week!

Should bump the power to around 480whp but the internals are good for about 150 more and all I need to do is change the turbine and exhaust side of my current turbo as everything else (fuel pump, injectors, heads, pistons, valves, cams, crank, ecu, etc) are all upgraded and capable of handling around 650 whp 😀

Never mind the RB26 engine and gearbox on the floor, it's just a side project and I had to get that crap off my workbench to accommodate my lovely B284L 😀

1709066934611.png
1709067082559.png

Last edited:
As others have said, there are a lot of folks here dishing out good advice and banter. This forum is a great place to come to and has cheered me up on many occasion. It's a shame we don't meet on track more often. Good job guys. Keep it up.
We don't get ❤️ as an option and the rest don't fit in line with this sentiment so you are getting a ❤️

I got my first ever p1 in sport mode on race C today, my 34th race! Just stayed out of trouble in the mountain and on pit entry and was able to bring it home.

I noticed the interval split for the person in p2 was not working the whole race, when they were ahead it showed --- and never updated, and when I got ahead of them after their penalty it was showing the interval as over 12 seconds behind, but I could see p2 and p3 in my mirrors the entire last two lap, so I know that wasnt right.

100% if you check out my car profiles you'll notice it is dominated by FR cars at Bathurst.

Link to the latest one if interested:

Question, is that because the MR cars are entirely slower power wise and top speed wise? The FR cars in all the profiles (911 excluded) seem to lack the pull of the FR cars? The balance in FR cars is much better granted but they seem down on power or up on weight?

My first impression of racing Daily Race B this week is... what a piece of crap track for a race! There's almost no place to pass, rear-ending people is extremely easy to do, and wall penalties suck big time. I can't imagine how racing this track could be considered fun. I know I'm not the best racer around, so other people may have a different take, but the only thing you can really do on this track is just wait for other people to eliminate themselves, and hope nobody eliminates you.

Just to recap, when I started posting on this forum I was to be honest pretty rubbish over the last year or so I've learnt a lot from everyone that posts. Fast or slow it doesn't matter if we share.

So I took a step looked at my race numbers. And a few things fell out of this for me. (I almost exclusively do TT or daily races now)

That I have improved quite considerably at GT is quite a shock to me personally, I always used a wheel with oldskool PC racing (GTR2 or GTL anyone or random Live For Speed)

My GT was always controller.

Even with sport I can show a few races of me playing at my dining table with gclamps holding an old kitchen door front to the table so I didn't damage the table and also give the G29 something thin enough to clamp to. Pedals were wedged against 2 chairs to the wall under the TV...stable was not my set up.

A play seat later (ball ache dragging that out of the way every night to spend family or wife time....ball ache dragging it back out...but I did it :)

Learning a lot from you guys and the streamers and drawing on my own driving experience I invested in a few things (Ali tube rig a few better wheels over time)

I started to really enjoy my racing, daily A was ranked then and more junior cup focused for a while before becoming the thing it is now. Started doing daily B it was a struggle for a couple of weeks to quite honestly just be any good but practicing CE's and time trial I got better at controlling my car...then I did a few of the interesting daily C's (gr4 at willow in the TT fuel saver anyone? :))

I have all this gear, I love to drive and drive fast I did TT's, races and really enjoyed a very large majority (4,400 of them!)

Why am I waffling on about all this? If you made it here it's because.....

I'm sitting here wondering how I can go faster, how many more laps am I gonna do before I get the perfect one.

Glen, you are 533 in the world. Get a grip this time last year you were 25,533 each week.

So the point of my diatribe is merely that it's hard to recognise how far you've come if you don't stop and think about it. I wish I had when I'd improved earlier.

Its just a journey, and for what it's worth 533 I'm still a B rated driver with over half of my finishes clean races and 1/4 in the top 5 🤷‍♂️

@GrumpyOldMan

Edit: for grammar and punctuation
Thanks for sharing this. For me, and hopefully others, who have only just got (back) into GT, it serves as a reminder of what improvement can be had, if you keep at it.
Sometimes, like today, I’ve been so frustrated because I can only get my times down by tenth’s yet I’m still 3+seconds away from where I want to be. Hearing that those tenths will eventually add up to seconds is the encouragement I need, especially on the days, like today, when I want to throw the wheel out the window! 😂

Last edited:
My first impression of racing Daily Race B this week is... what a piece of crap track for a race! There's almost no place to pass, rear-ending people is extremely easy to do, and wall penalties suck big time. I can't imagine how racing this track could be considered fun. I know I'm not the best racer around, so other people may have a different take, but the only thing you can really do on this track is just wait for other people to eliminate themselves, and hope nobody eliminates you.
I do and also do not agree with you in some aspects.

IF people drove clean, the layout and car combo works! The problem is a lot of people know about the strict limits and side-to-side bump exploit, so they just take the inside line which is no wider than a thumb, turn hard and nudge you off with a side collission i.e. no penalty for them yet you are the one flying off!

Could be my main account curse (as per usual) but after hopping into my 2nd account, did 2 races which I actually and finally enjoyed. Race 1 started on pole, made a tiny mistake lap 2 and got overtaken, with some slight contact but it wasn't intentional from his end and we spoke after the race and all good. I still finished P2 with fastest lap and clean bonus.

Race 2 was fun and slightly boring 🤣 Started in P2 and pole dude and I had pretty much the same pace so I stayed close enough to him all race whilst slowly gapping the rest of the field.

1709076703351.jpeg
1709076716577.jpeg

1709076733603.jpeg

Ok, I'm going to express my opinion about Grand Valley South, I just did my first race and I didn't like the way it turned out. I hate that first turn after the tunnel, I went straight into the guardrails and automatically got a penalty for it, I hope it didn't hurt my DR.

I saw a lot of people in my lobby got penalties galore so I don't think this will be fun for me this week, but I gotta try though. There's not really a whole lot of room for me to pass other cars, I don't want to risk racking up wall penalties just to pass others for a good position. So I'm really stuck in a rut. My QT time was in the 1'17.000's so there's a lot of room for improvement here.

Durn, that's two penalties right off the bat.

@GrumpyOldMan I don't like the narrow roads here, hard to pass and be quick at GV. But LM was worse IMO.

Last edited:
Happy a few good daily race C’s today. Racked up a few penalties yesterday because I was rusty at Bathurst but today I kept it clean and realistically even if you’re not on the pace but avoid penalties you should be finishing strong

Would like to see a few penalties dished out for corners into the tight hairpin coming up the mountain, some drivers have dived up my inside here and it’s resulted me in the wall twice today with no penalties deserved despite being squeezed into the wall fully by the other car

On the contrary, I rear tapped a car coming through skyline who got squirrely at the chicane and got hit with a 3 second penalty as he hit the wall but was able to continue ahead of me! Not saying I didn’t deserve a penalty for that but I would like more consistency to prevent drivers attempting overtakes in places where Fernando Alonso wouldn’t be able to make a clean overtake! But good races overall. Bathurst is great when you are in a pack of clean consistent racers. Even if you aren’t winning, going bumper to bumper over the mountain at good pace with a few cars is one of the most satisfying feelings this game can throw up! Also I appreciate the variety of cars being used. I’ve been using the AMG, but top 5 today were 5 different manufacturers; BMW, Genesis, AMG, Porsche and McLaren! Same race also had the Ferrari, Ford Spec II and Nissan in the mix too so nice diversity of cars being picked.

Daily Race B is to be avoided, turn 1 lap 1 is just a recipe for disaster. Think Gr.4 was a bad choice for that race as they’re heavy, slidy and bad on the brakes! Maybe others have enjoyed that race more than me but my experience in the few that I’ve done have just been clumsy top of the grid to the bottom! I do like Grand Valley though, this layout just seems abit too tight and technical for GR.4 in my opinion. We did have Grand Valley Highway Reverse a few weeks ago in GR.4 which I excelled at, but I just think the high speed start / finish straight followed up by a speed trap into a tight slow technical section is a little hectic for anyone outside the top ranks to expect a clean race!

Last edited:
Happy a few good daily race C’s today. Racked up a few penalties yesterday because I was rusty at Bathurst but today I kept it clean and realistically even if you’re not on the pace but avoid penalties you should be finishing strong

Would like to see a few penalties dished out for corners into the tight hairpin coming up the mountain, some drivers have dived up my inside here and it’s resulted me in the wall twice today with no penalties deserved despite being squeezed into the wall fully by the other car

On the contrary, I rear tapped a car coming through skyline who got squirrely at the chicane and got hit with a 3 second penalty as he hit the wall but was able to continue ahead of me! Not saying I didn’t deserve a penalty for that but I would like more consistency to prevent drivers attempting overtakes in places where Fernando Alonso wouldn’t be able to make a clean overtake! But good races overall. Bathurst is great when you are in a pack of clean consistent racers. Even if you aren’t winning, going bumper to bumper over the mountain at good pace with a few cars is one of the most satisfying feelings this game can throw up! Also I appreciate the variety of cars being used. I’ve been using the AMG, but top 5 today were 5 different manufacturers; BMW, Genesis, AMG, Porsche and McLaren! Same race also had the Ferrari, Ford Spec II and Nissan in the mix too so nice diversity of cars being picked.

Daily Race B is to be avoided, turn 1 lap 1 is just a recipe for disaster. Think Gr.4 was a bad choice for that race as they’re heavy, slidy and bad on the brakes! Maybe others have enjoyed that race more than me but my experience in the few that I’ve done have just been clumsy top of the grid to the bottom! I do like Grand Valley though, this layout just seems abit too tight and technical for GR.4 in my opinion. We did have Grand Valley Highway Reverse a few weeks ago in GR.4 which I excelled at, but I just think the high speed start / finish straight followed up by a speed trap into a tight slow technical section is a little hectic for anyone outside the top ranks to expect a clean race!
Welcome Finch2090! I'm Chris. I've been familiar with the Sport mode in gt7 for a little over a year(Since November 2022). Have fun racing and chatting with us!

@GrumpyOldMan hey, not my fault you poked me!

This was about the best I could do with the AMG SLS. Fun to drive but not a single one in the top 100 global.

IMG_7862.jpeg

Then I switched too the meta.
IMG_7859.jpeg

Top 1000 global.
IMG_7861.jpeg

Potentially there is another 1/10th yet.
IMG_7860.jpeg

Still not sure if I want to race yet. I still not way consistent. I have some fast laps and some spectacular failures as well. Actually a lot of the last. 🫣

Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In the end, after doing some QT with no ghost, and finding I could do a lap with .3s of my best time I decided to try race.

I started in fifth and finished in fourth, and that included a half second penalty from the first lap when I couldn’t see the road limits in traffic. Without that I could’ve finish third.

I was really happy with my pace in the end and the concerns about the first turn at the end of the tunnel were unfounded. At my position it was a clean race and nobody was trying to maintain qualifying pace.

IMG_7864.jpeg

@newmedia_dev i have you surrounded! 😬

IMG_7865.jpeg

I’ve changed my tune. After thinking B would be a horror show, I’ve had good races and I’m now enjoying it.

Three races on my A account had me starting either 4th or 5th and finishing 3rd to 5th.

On my B account, I only did the one race, but was on pole but finished 3rd. It should have been 2nd, losing out fair and square against an A driver but in the twisty section I was victim to a dirty driver. Another in the post race lobby also called out this driver for dirty driving. He was the only downer of the evening.

@newmedia_dev i have you surrounded! 😬

View attachment 1332279

I’ve changed my tune. After thinking B would be a horror show, I’ve had good races and I’m now enjoying it.

Three races on my A account had me starting either 4th or 5th and finishing 3rd to 5th.

On my B account, I only did the one race, but was on pole but finished 3rd. It should have been 2nd, losing out fair and square against an A driver but in the twisty section I was victim to a dirty driver. Another in the post race lobby also called out this driver for dirty driving. He was the only downer of the evening.

You may just get the hang of it and not be able to stop. Have a friend that was 25% A and from Monday through today has banked 12 wins multiple seconds to thirds and is sitting at 15% A+ this evening and stoked.

I did a few practice races with him on it over the weekend but haven’t touched it due to too many other races to prep for that spark my interest more.

Good luck to you if you decide to make it a staple because it has the ability to reward quickly if you get it right 🔥

You may just get the hang of it and not be able to stop. Have a friend that was 25% A and from Monday through today has banked 12 wins multiple seconds to thirds and is sitting at 15% A+ this evening and stoked.
Indeed! I'm looking at my results and I should not have stopped. I was in a good crowd and getting positions. Such a tail of two weeks. I like Lago Maggiore as a TT but my racing there was brutal. In 7 races went from 27% A to 20% A. Not horrendous but not great either.

In 3 races at Grand Valley, I've gone from 20% A to 34% A.

You know what I'll be racing this week!

Last edited:
Question, is that because the MR cars are entirely slower power wise and top speed wise? The FR cars in all the profiles (911 excluded) seem to lack the pull of the FR cars? The balance in FR cars is much better granted but they seem down on power or up on weight?
It's literally the extreme weight transfer Gran Turismo insist on using. The second you start going down the mountain every single gram in the car wants to be over the front wheels and as it's more extreme the rear just wants to come out. With the engine being in the back or middle that shift just causes them to oversteer immediately. Same issue at Suzuka Turn 1 but not as extreme. It's one reason why I want to potentially change the high speed track but bathurst is great for highlighting that problem as well. If they reduced the extreme weight transfer we could probably have better physics as the reason why there's a shift and also was a shift at the start of GT7 was that initially there was less movement so FR cars struggled (They would always have power oversteer due to little weight over the rear wheels). When that was increased FR cars became dominate and then MR cars struggled. I assume they're at a happy medium/compromise for now. This is all just observant behaviour though and not guarenteed facts but everything points to this,

The Top Speeds of the cars are at the end of the video and I normaly log it at the braking marker at the chase, MR cars are pretty strong in some cases.

EDIT: I just clocked in a 1'12.476 in the Ferrari Italia 458 Gr. 4 car, I feel it has better grip staying on the road. I have to pay attention as there are some blind turns and the uphill section is tricky for me too, I never brake, I just press on the throttle and let up on the gas some. It's a really awkward track, and I really don't like the layout of it TBH.

My DR has dropped a lot, I did 8 races tonight. What the heck happened, my bar was 3/4th full and after all my races it's at 1/4th, almost at an E ranking!

Last edited:
Race B is basically a destruction derby for me. No one can drive this track layout. Especially the corner after the tunnel. People constantly trying to pass you in the tunnel etc. And again, a 10 minute wait time between 7 minute races. :indiff: I think it's time for me to take a longer breake from the game. Helldivers 2 should arrive today and I need to get back to Forza M. and see what's happening there.

Race B is basically a destruction derby for me. No one can drive this track layout. Especially the corner after the tunnel. People constantly trying to pass you in the tunnel etc. And again, a 10 minute wait time between 7 minute races. :indiff: I think it's time for me to take a longer breake from the game. Helldivers 2 should arrive today and I need to get back to Forza M. and see what's happening there.
I don't know who designed this track at Grand Valley but the first turn after the tunnel ruins it all. The blind corners aren't really great for a clean fun race. My DR dropped significantly after 8 races tonight. My bar is 1/4th full now, it was almost at the C rank. I'm utterly disappointed, I worked hard the past 2 months to get my level at almost a C, but I did bad in a few of my races, one of them someone bumped into me at T1 and I ran straight into the guardrail, I got a 1.5 second penalty, and then a couple minutes later another butthole pushed me into the wall at T4 so then I got another 1.5 sec. penalty which really affected my performance.

I guess I'm gonna have to either cope with the races or not do them much at all. it's beginning to be an issue with the penalty system, I see some drivers get away with causing chaos on the track. While us innocent drivers get punished which is not fair.

I agree with what @GrumpyOldMan said, this is a crappy track, whoever designed it did it in an awkward way which ruins the fun of the races.

Last edited:
I don't know who designed this track at Grand Valley but the first turn after the tunnel ruins it all.
Initially I would agree but the more I race it I'm beginning to think it's brilliant. However it is a very technical track that suits the expert racer. It is not for beginners or intermediates which is why many may hate it. For the cars around me (A/A+) they were all nailing it.

Mastering the bend in the tunnel, which requires precise use of light brake and accelerator alternatively or even at the same time (my feet are pretty active though there) into the left hander that is an increasing radius turn. If you, continue to brake too much, you'll over rotate into the cliff face, or not brake enough and head off into the sand. You need to find the right spot to let the car off the brakes, coast momentarily, then a quick dap of gas before braking again to set up for the right hander. You can do all this in third, or go 3rd > 2nd > 3rd > 2nd > 3rd.

Then finding the very precise line up the cutting so you can take it flat out in the next challenge. You need to shift to 3rd (assuming the 650S) as you sweep the left hander at the bottom and keep your foot on the gas up the cutting without going off track to get most up in the hill climb. There is a very narrow turn in and speed point to achieve this.

I still don't have perfect line, though my times last night were in the top 700 globally, but once you figure it out, it's a rewarding track.

Last edited:
Where do I begin?

After a very quiet week GT-wise, I decided to come back in earnest with a small twist, an attempt to slightly improve my times and my technique (which I suspect many of you have already changed, but I have been sleeping on)... Changing ABS to 'Weak'.

Race A in the Merak proved to be the perfect introduction to this exercise in left-hand dexterity, after a few laps learning the car (I regard WG Short Track to be a fine test circuit for cars like this) i suddenly had a quali good enough for the Top-100. It's quite refreshing for me to be up near the top of the grid and it brings it's own set of challenges, looking at how to deal with the tail-gaters. Mainly how to enter the bus stop without too much fear of getting rammed. As it turns out, the majority of my races involved either starting 2nd, or choking the first corner and conceding position, to then be too polite and/or cautious to attempt a pass when a small chance opens up. Surprisingly fun race, but I still think there's scope to remix the combo from day to day, perhaps changing the car or adding some random weather.

Race B had me surprised. Dusted off my unused Honda NSX and brought my adept left index finger to one of the most delicate braking zones ever witnessed by man. Come to think of it, GV South Reverse might have been the perfect place to hone my braking skills. Using this car, I didn't need to think too much about throttle inputs (or maybe I've just reached a level now where it's instinctive), the flowing and hilly nature of this track giving favourable traction, and my time benefited from focusing on smooth inputs. Seeing my quali near to the Top 1000 has my attention back on this game...

Back at the daily races for the first time in a long time! Slowly getting back up to speed, though my DR is taking a bit of a hit in the meantime. Back to bouncing between B and A.

Feel free to add me if anyone needs more friends to compare against!

Should have mentioned that my ID is the same as on here

Last edited:
Back