GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,158 comments
Boy, I dread racing at the mountain of hell. That's what Bathhurst is, a chain of ridiculous corners, elevation changes and hard turns. I'm glad we're not dealing with Gr. 4 cars this week. I woke up 30 minutes ago, I only slept 7 and a half hours. Good luck this week, happy lapping and qualifying. TM is a pain in the butt to, because I have to be careful not to touch the rails and walls otherwise it will be a penalty fest.

You must be pretty tired :D
Yeah, I am. I toss and turn sometimes. I've done well after 5 laps of qualifying, I'm at 1'55.235 at TM, I'll look at my time and let you all now. I may not worry about the A races much this week as Maggiore is a boring track and PD has been using a lot of their layouts for our daily race selections almost every week.

The Alfa car is a bit oversteery IMO, so it's hard for me to get a grip on the road to get through each corner quickly and smoothly.

Last edited:
Fwiw, on the dd+(15), after a lot of hunt and peck on the tt, with the scud, i arrived at ffb torque 9, and ffb sensi: 6 in game. Funny thing, it didn’t feel too heavy. And when i finally arrived at those settings(full on the dd extreme thread), i actually got faster. Hustling the car around almost became more natural and the seconds fell off. Well. Sorta..given tokyo is never on the daily’s it was one of the first times on that track and wow…clean laps are hard.

Kinda wondering if my crazy town settings are going to wup me arse when it comes to race cars. But since a road car actually felt like a road car…the race cars should be closer to accurate…right!? Lol!

Fwiw, on the dd+(15), after a lot of hunt and peck on the tt, with the scud, i arrived at ffb torque 9, and ffb sensi: 6 in game. Funny thing, it didn’t feel too heavy. And when i finally arrived at those settings(full on the dd extreme thread), i actually got faster. Hustling the car around almost became more natural and the seconds fell off. Well. Sorta..given tokyo is never on the daily’s it was one of the first times on that track and wow…clean laps are hard.

Kinda wondering if my crazy town settings are going to wup me arse when it comes to race cars. But since a road car actually felt like a road car…the race cars should be closer to accurate…right!? Lol!
The race cars are definitely heavier than the road cars.

I used the settings from the extreme thread on my Pro but in game I have to change the FFB torque on a near per car basis.

I'm tempted to reduce the brake force on the load cell to see if that helps to smooth out my braking a bit more.

The race cars are definitely heavier than the road cars.

I used the settings from the extreme thread on my Pro but in game I have to change the FFB torque on a near per car basis.

I'm tempted to reduce the brake force on the load cell to see if that helps to smooth out my braking a bit more.
Interesting, with brake force. I actually went 10 points the other way, from 45->55(im on the next level dd+ stand so it will be less than you full rig guys) and the increase in dynamic range was enough to modulate grip loss/reacquisition.

Ps: if fanatec were sitting on a pair of unreleased podium pedals…now would be the time for release 😂

Pps: fwiw, on the road cars at least, i found in game ffb sensi above 6 to obfuscate grip sensations. It was only when i started working down from 10, that things improved. Took a couple hours to believe that 9/6 made more sense than 5/10. Very counterintuitive given the past year of racing.

Last edited:
I always take a screenshot of all of my final race standings and times and I usually calculate my average race lap times. This number is impacted by the quality of the drivers around you, pit stops, wrecks and it’s usually better when you start from the front etc.
I looked at my average race times for Spa (and there were a lot of them ) and there was really no difference between the times before and after the GT update. I wouldn’t have guessed this to be the case, I felt I had to drive much slower to maintain control but, numbers don’t lie.

I wish every day was a Spa Day...I know a bunch will disagree but I love racing there.

Got frustrated chasing time that simply wasn't to be found at RA post update so headed to Spa. Glad I did. Landed a couple wins and a bunch of top 5's. Only had one race with a double digit finish so you won't hear me complaining about the physics much. My only gripe is the bonus 'tank-slap' feature that's been added...never had this issue before and it's a HORRIBLE way to slow down for the final two turns. 🤣

Great way to wrap the week. This was me chasing down P1 only to throw it away on the final lap with a penalty and putting my car into the wall just before the final chicane:

And THIS is what happens when you underestimate your lobby. Was the only A in a sea of B's...they swarmed (this is just an excerpt, finished P2):

:cheers:

Last edited:
That looks really useful. What app is that?
It's this one, super simple. Just enter the ip address of your PS5 and then it just works

IMG_0943.png

Here's this weeks guide for those interested! Daily Race C used to be a no tyre change but I feel a tyre change is alot more beneficial! 3 Very interesting races in this guide!

I'm looking forward to your guide, I see your thumb is pointed down, which race was your least favorite? I loathe Bathhurst, it's so complex, plus that downhill section is always brutal to me.

@mellofello9 do you like Bathhurst? Also timing the last two turns is crucial too to get a low solid lap time. I'm trying the Porsche RSR first, and then I might have to try a couple other choices. I hope I choose them wisely. The Mustang and Viper don't pack that much punch in moving fast through the corners, I think.

I wonder what the meta car is.

Oh, also, Sector 1 is giving me troubles too, I keep hitting the wall near the KingGee labels because I go too fast, my lines aren't that great through that section.

Last edited:
I know PD are not the most inventive with their daily races but 2 Gr3 races in a week. That is a new low.

Hundreds of cars to choose from and this is what they come up with?. Its 2024 for crying out loud. They have a community that eats out of their hands a lot of the time and they set up their online content to be so bland. Something really needs to change.

It's got to be testing the physics there is no other reason unless there is something wrong with Gr4 at TM?
I feel like every other week we're justifying naff races with "Oh surely they're testing XYZ"

I wish they'd stop and employ people for testing these things rather than giving us rubbish constantly.
It's that or the events manager is exceptionally bad at his job. I feel that's more likely.

I agree with what Glen said, PD has to be testing the physics for Gr. 3 cars, who knows they may have the Gr. 4 cars in the B and C slots next week. It's no telling what PD will provide for us from month to month.

I know PD are not the most inventive with their daily races but 2 Gr3 races in a week. That is a new low.

Hundreds of cars to choose from and this is what they come up with?. Its 2024 for crying out loud. They have a community that eats out of their hands a lot of the time and they set up their online content to be so bland. Something really needs to change.
A lot of the community would be perfectly happy to just race Gr3 every week for all 3 dailies.

Logi Pro? - Same here, lighter on the high downforce cars, all the way to up on the roads (more or less). A bit annoying, but after a weekend of tweaking, the wheel feels fine to me. There sure was/is a lot of gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over this wheel!

I feel like every other week we're justifying naff races with "Oh surely they're testing XYZ"

I wish they'd stop and employ people for testing these things rather than giving us rubbish constantly.
It's that or the events manager is exceptionally bad at his job. I feel that's more likely.
This week they opened some vacants for game testers but you have to be based on Tokyo or Fukuoka

Maybe this is related to the last update noises?

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Good Things Come in Threes

There’s a bit of an unusual look to the new set of Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races this, available from today and across the next seven days, both in terms of what there is and what there isn’t…
The new tires are crap, I'm swerving all over the place in just sports medium and sports soft. This needs to be fixed

Back