GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,155 comments
I really can't be arsed with the dailies now.

Go forth and win peeps. I'm out.
Chill out and have 1 of these, and this is a proper one, not that 0.0 I was on last night 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20240728_191143.jpg
    20240728_191143.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1
I admit that I am not as good in Gr3 machines, but I think this is my best Qualifying ranking I’ve got so far

512ED063-E956-4E80-8CF1-14589997FC98.png

Hopefully this puts me in better lobbies, so far I’ve been paired with mostly As and they were unforgiving, guess they knew their DR was going to shoot up if they finished in front of an A+ player, so I suffered a lot of divebombing and getting pushed off the track, I got demoted to A so now I have to crawl back to A+

Spent a couple dozen laps on my NSX's Race C QT, but could only manage a 1:24.706, leaving a couple of tenths on the board. When I wasn't busy understeering off of Turn 1 and smacking a wall, oversteering out of Turn 5 and smacking a wall, or oversteering out of the final chicane and smacking a wall, I was doing quite a few low 1:25s. Let's see how that translates to my actual race pace*.

*Spoiler Alert: May race pace was wack. 😅

Race 1: Started P5. My pace fluctuated wildly between high 1:25s and mid 1:26s - as would be the case for the rest of my day - but I did well enough to collect a P3 podium.

Race 2: Started P6. Contact with a G70 at the first chicane on Lap 2 spun me out and I smack the wall. Finished P15 (last, after a DNF).

Race 3: Started P2. The lead WRX was just out of reach the entire race. I was the first to crack, nearly losing the rear at the first chicane on Lap 11. More than happy with a P2 podium.

Race 4: Started P6. Had a minor off crossing the Start/Finish line at the beginning of Lap 5, and wound up P9 for a while. Recovered to a P8 finish.

Race 5: Started P2. Ate a 1.0 second penalty after bungling the first chicane on Lap 2. Finished P4.

Race 6: Started P2. On Lap 2, the lead G70 goes wide at Turn 1, clips the grass, and spins out. I inherit the lead and finish a pretty lonely P1, but it's still a nice way to end the day.

full

full

full

Last edited:
@Bullwinkle welcome back to the club. Yeah I haven't seen you in a while. I've been busy myself doing chores around here for 2-3 hours a day plus eating, I'm on a strict medicine/supplement schedule so I have to curb my gaming time. We'll see, if I have some time tonight, I may try to get 3-4 races in at Spa. But we'll see how it goes timewise.

So much time playing these games and this is how I come to learn this?!

Thanks for the info
Yeah, that's what GTplanet is for, for people to grow and learn by watching other people's guides and lectures on daily things and races for gt7, :)

I wouldn't have improved if it wasn't for me finding this site 3 years ago. So, when did some of you finally get the hang of the cars/physics of the game. I am a slow learner, but I still eventually get the hang of things around here.

I very much doubt about the tuning aspect, hope not as I'm brutal at that 🤣 I will guess and say they will play it safe with gr4 and 5 laps with only BB as the only option.

I’m no tuning expert but someone will upload a tune which will bring those final tenths, if gr4 maybe TM reverse would be something different

I’m no tuning expert but someone will upload a tune which will bring those final tenths, if gr4 maybe TM reverse would be something different
There will be no tuning in race B, at the most it will be BB, I think pd are going to play safe and stick to a tried and tested format. I know as much as you but I reckon they might mess with race C??

Yeah, the only things you need to worry about is tweaking the brake balance meter. It's no telling what PD will do each week, we just have to be prepared. Bathhurst will be the track for the C races next week. Ugh, that's lovely news to my ears/eyes.

I forgot that there was a Jaguar in Race 6 that was steadily growing larger in my mirrors, but after they pit at the end of Lap 8, I guess they fell into some traffic? They finished a solid P3, but I was honestly so zoned out, I couldn't hear the Jaws music slowly growing louder. 😅

full

Well, as my schedule is filling up, it’s looking like I’m done with Spa for the week 🤬.
I love Spa.
I didn’t finish higher than 4th but had lots of fun there, even after the new physics. The new physics cost me a lot of time but it seems that they cost everybody similarly.
I love Spa 🤪
It's too bad I couldn't fit anymore time in my schedule tonight to do 3-4 more races at Spa. Oh well, I gotta run now. I've got a busy week ahead. We have to sign our lease renewal papers tomorrow at 5:30pm. We do it every July/August. So no racing and qualifying tomorrow. Take care guys and fellow drivers!

The new Race B and Race C are currently both Gr.3.

What do we think - mistake that'll get corrected, or deliberate attempt to get physics feedback in the most popular class?

Hey gang! I haven’t races in a while and decided maybe after the new update I’d give it a shot. But I saw all the bizarre videos of bouncing cars and have avoided the game. Has there been a patch for the weird physics glitch yet? I’d still like to get a race in but don’t want to wast time learning something that’s going to change again.
Hi! Happy to see you're back!🍻

I can tell you from my own experience (I had also taken a longer break from online racing) that that's probably good timing: you might have lost some of the muscle memory anyways, so starting with the new physics the learning curve might be nearly the same.

Surprised to see gr3 again in B but hey ho

Porsche feels a little light around TM, even with torque on 8? started the week with a 1.53 odd, let’s see how that evolves.

Got dialled in to Spa in the end so hope that’s the same this week

After new update, thought my DD pro 8NM give up, as a lot of FBB just miss.

When adjusted in game setting to max 10 and sensitive to 8-9, more or less it is ok, but on slow corners FBB can be still better.

Otherwise by surprise found my qualification lap race B race quite ok at 1.28.2.

Braking and steering and how the car behave is much more fun now, closer to ACC. But somehow FBB can be better still, if on 8nm all set to max, can't imagine what other do or it is nice move to push people to DD+???

P.S. Driving Porsche GR3, Supra just eating easy 0.5sec on every strait line at Spa, much faster.. (BoM) not really working.

Back