GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,209 comments
I'm surprised @Tidgney was so generous with allowing him the benefit of the doubt when he moved over on him in the middle of our Monday morning race. I'd only raced him once before, and that was enough to know he's the dirtiest A/A+ driver I've ever seen (other than you know who, obviously).
I know he can be dirty that's 💯 for sure. But I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt where I can see potentially what could have happened. It's why it's very rare I will report someone for dirty driving because even if there's a smidgen of doubt that it was a mistake rather than dirty, I'll take it as a mistake.

I do think in the weekly race guide, or when racing me in general he will race clean because I do call out dirty driving and there's an audience watching. But as you say a leopard can't change its spots.

I know he can be dirty that's 💯 for sure. But I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt where I can see potentially what could have happened. It's why it's very rare I will report someone for dirty driving because even if there's a smidgen of doubt that it was a mistake rather than dirty, I'll take it as a mistake.

I do think in the weekly race guide, or when racing me in general he will race clean because I do call out dirty driving and there's an audience watching. But as you say a leopard can't change its spots.
Thanks, to be fair you were right not to call him out there, diplomacy is often the best approach. It wasn't as blatant his move on @GOTMAXPOWER here, and when I came across him at Watkins Glen. There twice we were racing side by side and he gives a blatant sudden flick of the steering to knock me off.

I can't believe that incident happened with Tidgney in it. Wow, I'm speechless. I usually keep my distance away from jerks like that, being dirty. Well I'm staying at my rank C for now, after hearing about this. Well all we can do is just forget about it. Things happen, it doesn't surprise me though. Any races have crazy happenings like the ones you guys experienced. Some nut at TM dive-bombed me in the second tunnel which caused me to hit another car, I got a 3-second penalty and suffered for that guys irresponsibility and selfishness on the track. And finished in 11th which cost me a good chunk of my DR/SR.

I try to forget about that stuff cause it bothers me.

Last edited:
Anyways Tidgney has reached 60,000 subscribers. This is a huge milestone for him, he provides excellent, detailed, thorough and precise guides every week for us, we should do something special for him. @Tidgney

Well done, who wouldn't not want to subscribe, you are a legend and a hero to most people that are stuck anywhere in the game, even the daily races. That's what we need, a strong supportive community who can guide and look out for each other. I hope you continue your work for us and we will support you all the way! Thank you.

Anyways Tidgney has reached 60,000 subscribers. This is a huge milestone for him, he provides excellent, detailed, thorough and precise guides every week for us, we should do something special for him. @Tidgney

Well done, who wouldn't not want to subscribe, you are a legend and a hero to most people that are stuck anywhere in the game, even the daily races. That's what we need, a strong supportive community who can guide and look out for each other. I hope you continue your work for us and we will support you all the way! Thank you.
Best thing for you to do is to spread his channel around and get him to reach some more sub milestones so he can get himself that Audi R8!
:lol:

I have been enjoying Race A this week to the fullest.

Was able to get my quali time down to a 1:14.4 and I still think I can bring it down further if I can get a groove around Sardegna Windmills.

And so far my highlight for this week's Race A is being able to time that start nicely enough to take the lead early and never looked back.

Last edited:
Does anybody have settings for the Fanatec DD Pro 8nm that may induce some sense of tyre grip for the race C Honda? I've maxed the force out, but will any of the other settings in the wheel help?

I like the track and car but the lack of any feel makes racing a bit hazardous.

Non daily related/ Finally sold my tropical aquarium, so shifted the rig to it's new home - with ol' Barney Da Dog (R.I.P) looking on

PXL_20240803_110047464~3.jpg

Does anybody have settings for the Fanatec DD Pro 8nm that may induce some sense of tyre grip for the race C Honda? I've maxed the force out, but will any of the other settings in the wheel help?
This is what I’m running at the moment that I’m happy with. 8Nm GT DD Pro with a 330mm rim.

• SEN - Auto
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - PEAK
  • NDP - 79
  • NFR - 7
  • NIN - 11
  • INT - 6
  • FEI - 100
  • FOR - 100
  • SPR - 100
  • DPR - 100
  • BRF - 65 (CSL V2 Elite pedals) - your preference
In game: 8/10

Adjust the in game force of 8 up or down depending on car.

Admittedly still not a ton of feed back with the RA272 but it’s just that car.

This is what I’m running at the moment that I’m happy with. 8Nm GT DD Pro with a 330mm rim.

• SEN - Auto
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - PEAK
  • NDP - 79
  • NFR - 7
  • NIN - 11
  • INT - 6
  • FEI - 100
  • FOR - 100
  • SPR - 100
  • DPR - 100
  • BRF - 65 (CSL V2 Elite pedals) - your preference
In game: 8/10

Adjust the in game force of 8 up or down depending on car.

Admittedly still not a ton of feed back with the RA272 but it’s just that car.

Thank you, will try once I'm home 👍

Gr3 feels good with what I have, so will save separate settings to try and get the Honda feeling better

Edit/ has today's 1.50 update changed anything with FFB?

Last edited:
That didn't look like an accident to me, not the first time I've seen him do something wild to try and keep the lead. PD's driving standards guy saw this clip from last night so somebody might be getting a email from Sony shortly...

Thanks, to be fair you were right not to call him out there, diplomacy is often the best approach. It wasn't as blatant his move on @GOTMAXPOWER here, and when I came across him at Watkins Glen. There twice we were racing side by side and he gives a blatant sudden flick of the steering to knock me off.
Seems he's caught the attention of others as well... (jump to ~19:15 for the action):

Last edited:
Seems he's caught the attention of others as well...

Hawco is becoming a legend chasing and exposing the dirty drivers of top splits.
I shared several races with him in american servers where he dedicates the entire race to make the life of this clowns impossible, even sacrificing his own DR in the process.

Talking of more pleasent experiences, I happen to win my first race after the physics update in what it seemed to be top split last night. Im really enjoying the new physics and suzuka is always a blast in Gr.3 for me.

1723039498994.png

1723039540119.png

In another race I had an intense, close (and very clean!) side by side battle deffending 4th place.
This clips shows the last 2 laps of the race where you can see no contact at all and we made turn 1, hairpin an another turns side by side.
We were losing time because of the battle and the lines taken (we formed a train of 6 cars behind us!) but it was so clean and funny.
This is what I look for in sport mode.

I've experienced a complete flip in sport mode this week. Usually I frequent the TT thread but I just be can't bothered with the weekly ones. Plus, the RA272 at Eiger has been a heavensent combo for me. I can't get enough of doing hot laps in it. I love how twitchy it is and learning how I can push the throttle through the suspension to make those corner exits smooth like butter. It drives so much better on CS, rather than RH, tyres.

Managed a 13.4 quali time with an Opt of 13.2. How those top guys are under 12 is beyond me. That's what aliens would call aliens at that point.

On another note, a win at Eiger nets 280k per victory. This feels like the prize money that should motivate more Sport mode usage. Wish it was always like this.

Last edited:
This is my best run for daily A but I can't for the life of me figure out how to gain another 4 seconds let along 7. Usually I would like to be within a few seconds of the WR depending on the length of the lap. For this one I am just off a long way...

If you guys haven't checked out Digit's website, he's implementing something in it now that I think will be really cool. Basically graphing out Daily races and their popularity. Currently only goes back 10 weeks and this week is on there yet for obvious reasons. But interesting data-points for sure.

Just need to see the Gr for each race in his table!

Edit:

There is so many ways these numbers could be influenced but the general trends are probably about right. But car choice and strat if any will be a factor possibly weather as well alongside duration etc

I'd also say that there is quite a lot of cross pollination of people setting times for all three races etc

So my guess is that and it's only a guess that A & C have slightly lower actual racers participating vs number of people who've set QT times in them.

Last edited:
Back to work this week unfortunately so I haven't had much time to give Suzuka a proper go again, am just going to try it in VR in the Lambo and see what happens, must try race c too but I reckon VR around there will make me pretty sick after 30 minutes 😅😅😅. Still no sign of our future child yet so I might as well get as much practice in now as I can 🤣

must try race c too but I reckon VR around there will make me pretty sick after 30 minutes 😅😅😅
I found it worse in the rally time trial. I think the openness if the RA272 gives you less motion issues. It's a great QT but the race is very hit and miss - mostly, ahem, hit!

This is my best run for daily A but I can't for the life of me figure out how to gain another 4 seconds let along 7. Usually I would like to be within a few seconds of the WR depending on the length of the lap. For this one I am just off a long way...

Not gonna lie, I had a quick look, and it became apparent to me that you're not driving the car like you should on dirt. Be more confident in drifting the car around turns, brake as little as possible.

I'm gonna give it a go right now. 👍

Last edited:

I like the track and car but the lack of any feel makes racing a bit hazardous.

Non daily related/ Finally sold my tropical aquarium, so shifted the rig to it's new home - with ol' Barney Da Dog (R.I.P) looking on

View attachment 1379007
Hey man, nice equipment! I'm sorry for your dog (if he died). My dog Buddy died in 2009 because he got killed by a car, he tried to cross the street to get our frisbee and he didn't look both sides and a car hit him and killed him. Anyways how do you like Suzuka, I do not like Sectors 1, 4 and 5. I lose rhythm at those esses after the starting line. I also lose speed too which affects my lap time.
How much did that equipment cost, (in pounds)?

I need to make a decision the next few years if I want to invest in a wheel or not. Will it benefit me in the long run? Or will it casue stress to my muscles/legs. See pressing on that pedal brake might make my foot numb.

@TheNormsk I may try your method soon, thanks!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I had a quick look, and it became apparent to me that you're not driving the car like you should on dirt. Be more confident in drifting the car around turns, brake as little as possible.

I'm gonna give it a go right now. 👍
The weird thing is that at the time the sideways drift seemed extreme. On video, not to much...

Last edited:
Hey man, nice equipment! I'm sorry for your dog (if he died). My dog Buddy died in 2009 because he got killed by a car, he tried to cross the street to get our frisbee and he didn't look both sides and a car hit him and killed him. Anyways how do you like Suzuka, I do not like Sectors 1, 4 and 5. I lose rhythm at those esses after the starting line. I also lose speed too which affects my lap time.
How much did that equipment cost, (in pounds)?

I need to make a decision the next few years if I want to invest in a wheel or not. Will it benefit me in the long run? Or will it casue stress to my muscles/legs. See pressing on that pedal brake might make my foot numb.

@TheNormsk I may try your method soon, thanks!

Aw man that sucks getting hit by a car - Barney had cancer 😕
All that cost about £1500 I think, but luckily half of it was a gift! I like Suzuka but it is quite challenging. I do prefer it now with Gr3 cars on medium tyres, but not sure how it would be on hards🤔

Why do people have no brake markers either trackside or overlayed for Casio Triangle.

Sigh.

I'm braking to hit both apexes at 55-60 which is close or matching most of the top ghosts and I'm barely just making the turn in.

And every time in a B lobby I'm rear ended in to oblivion.

Breathe Glen, Breathe.

Managed a 1:15.7 in quali for C. Don't really know how that stacks up in the grand scheme of things, boy that car is a slippy one.

Also haven't done one of these in a while, Suzuka baby:

Really want to win at this circuit one day.

Last edited:
If you guys haven't checked out Digit's website, he's implementing something in it now that I think will be really cool. Basically graphing out Daily races and their popularity. Currently only goes back 10 weeks and this week is on there yet for obvious reasons. But interesting data-points for sure.

I have no idea how to contact Digit, but one thing I think I'd tell him to to add is the car class.

Back when I was tracking these numbers, it was clear that there was about 15,000 people at the time who only did "whichever race was Gr.3", it was the single biggest factor in what races were popular.

Ran a few Race Bs today with no qualifying in the Auricom Corvette

Suzuka Circuit__2.jpeg

6th 10:23 2:02.4
7th 10:29 2:03.3
8th 10:27 2:03.2
6th 10:19 2:02.0
9th 10:32 2:02.7
4th 10:20 2:02.2

(finish, race time, best lap)

I had quite a bit of fun doing this. The fifth race is really the only one where it went bad, a guy in a GT-R couldn't handle three wide going under the bridge and I got pitted. I still don't really know where my actual ability is relative to my DR. I don't really feel confident in any car I'm in and I can't ever manage any consistency, but at the same time there are people in races who I'm clearly better than and people further ahead who I can't get near.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back