GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,321 comments
Tried the Scooby, initially got a 1:28, which I've whittled down to a 1:21, but how are people getting 1:12s? Also I have to use auto transmission, why is the car refusing to change up? I lose so much speed.
This Subaru is weird in that you have to shift up so early and the pace advantage that gives you, it's the most extreme I've seen since the Daihatsu Copen at Tokyo (that might've been the old game). It would be nice if the automatic gears were a bit more intelligent and shifted at the quickest point, manual gears would still have an advantage but it wouldn't be so big.

As it is I wouldn't bother entering that race without manual gears, last night it felt like I had nitro in the first 5 years compared to half of the grid.

Well see I'm trapped in the 1'17.000's. I love the smoothness and feel of the 60's F1 car.

Good luck everyone!

I was absolutely nowhere last week in Gr3, fair enough it was 2 tracks I'm poor at, but I did enjoy the overall feel of the cars on Trial Mountain.

This week I've tried the Porsche and Ferrari and they both feel great - which is weird as I was hopeless in them pre-update. I'm using @PirovacBoy settings on the DD Pro base, and the cars feel weighty but responsive (in Gr3) I'm running BB at 4 to the front but still have to be careful at T1 at Suzuka as the back gets loose.

First win in quite a long time.. and definitely my first Gr3 Ferrari win.

Edit/ 3 wins a 2nd and a 3rd in the Ferrari, never the fastest, but the Lambos and Porsches seem to catch people out more - Ferrari feels good. Might have to try the good ol' 650 again.
19126efb31329-screenshotUrl.jpg
19126ef89a512-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
As it is I wouldn't bother entering that race without manual gears, last night it felt like I had nitro in the first 5 years compared to half of the grid.
Do you have any socials or live streams where you race bud, I always see you on Tidgney's and you're always quick and clean

Given that the sf formula was known widely known as one of the very buggy cars post 1.49. It was surprising to see race C shine a light on a rarely used car, given its potential to be buggy too. Anyway, patch tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. With my settings the oscillation is also manifesting in the corners and all this bouncy bouncy is getting old. Despite the great ffb..on most cars. I had a theory that the oscillations, and my subsequent bouncies in the corners is a product of some sort of out of control rebounding…so..here is to hoping this nonsense gets settled down.

Ps: one way to accommodate the super weak ffb in race c this week is to bang the shifter into sequential and one hand it. Kinda fun in vr.

How are you able to use a shifter in sport mode?
Fanatec has a sequential mode. Just up and down on the shifter, just like paddles, except with a different device. No clutch needed, of course. Its always worked this way as far as i can tell, just rarely useful. Times like these are the exception.

Fanatec has a sequential mode. Just up and down on the shifter, just like paddles, except with a different device. No clutch needed, of course. Its always worked this way as far as i can tell, just rarely useful. Times like these are the exception.
Sport mode disables the use of shifters, or at least h-pattern like I have because they hate fun.

Trying to get to grips with C. Haven't had time to race yet but this is so fun for TT. I'm kind of scared of doing a race on this track though.

Anyway, patch tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. With my settings the oscillation is also manifesting in the corners and all this bouncy bouncy is getting old. Despite the great ffb..on most cars. I had a theory that the oscillations, and my subsequent bouncies in the corners is a product of some sort of out of control rebounding…so..here is to hoping this nonsense gets settled down.

I've noticed more oscillation as well since the update in the wheel. It's not bad but I agree it feels like a damper is blown on the car. I've even noticed that my wheel now vibrates even when I am not playing the game but have GT7 on. It does not do that when GT7 is off so there is definitely something sending constant vibrations to the wheel.

Last edited:
I finally got around to trying Daily Race C.

Only did two sessions so here's how it went:

First session - Started P2 and really I was still trying into grips on how I can get into a groove with the RA272. It didn't help when the E rated player did some argy bargy on the second corner which allowed the pole sitter to get away. Settled with P2 as my finishing position.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240806120904.png

Second and last session - Got pole position after improving my qualifying to a low 1:14.

1722956950617.png

Immediately I got away from the opposition as my nearest competitor went too deep on T1 and I was able to get away from there for a win.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240806114259.png

Overall I don't mind this car-track combo for Race C but I think I'm going to settle with Race A around Sardegna Windmills for the rest of the week.

I finally got around to trying Daily Race C.

Only did two sessions so here's how it went:

First session - Started P2 and really I was still trying into grips on how I can get into a groove with the RA272. It didn't help when the E rated player did some argy bargy on the second corner which allowed the pole sitter to get away. Settled with P2 as my finishing position.

View attachment 1378818

Second and last session - Got pole position after improving my qualifying to a low 1:14.

View attachment 1378820

Immediately I got away from the opposition as my nearest competitor went too deep on T1 and I was able to get away from there for a win.

View attachment 1378821

Overall I don't mind this car-track combo for Race C but I think I'm going to settle with Race A around Sardegna Windmills for the rest of the week.

That is quite a mix of driver ratings for C. Either you are racing at really anti-social hours or its not very popular this week in your region.

Last edited:
That is quite a mix of driver ratings for C. Either you are racing at really anti-social hours or its not very popular this week in your region.
In those sessions I raced at around 10-12 AM in the morning. I'm guessing its the latter and from what I can tell from my Asia-Oceania peeps who played that Daily in the first day, it was filled with B to A rated players.

Though I will say the drivers I faced in terms of their ratings reeked of what I expect in a Daily Race A lobby.

Sport mode disables the use of shifters, or at least h-pattern like I have because they hate fun.
There was an exploit in GT sport with h-pattern shifters and skipping gears that gave you some advantage over the rest.
Thats the reason why they disabled it.

Last edited:
If your shifter has sequential mode, it should work.

@TheNormsk interesting with the dd pro. I get a little feedback with the ddX if i pull it off center in the menu’s…but she whistles at me too then. So i kinda wrote it off as general weirdness, given the state of rome over there at fanacatastrophe. I could mitigate the oscillations better, but i loose some of the grip ffb, so decided to live with it and hope.

I'm having the same problem. The same hours which usually got me 16 players at same DR level as me, is getting me just 8 players with diverse DR and SR this week. I am most likely not going to play this week anymore, further fueling this issue.

Last edited:
I've noticed more oscillation as well since the update in the wheel. It's not bad but I agree it feels like a damper is blown on the car. I've even noticed that my wheel now vibrates even when I am not playing the game but have GT7 on.
Mine does the same, and also certain times when pausing (when I have lock on) or pit cut scenes the force keeps getting applied and you have to hold it quite strongly to stop it from going to the soft lock stop.

I've seen a couple of streamers caught out by it exiting the pits and the car veering off left or right.

There really is some underlying issues with the FFB since one of the previous updates that have gotten worse not better since.

Durn, I suck at Sardegna. After running laps for over an hour, the best time I could manage was a low 1'27.000 time. I rented the Impreza car at first. Now I just bought one in the Legend dealership for 650k credits, and I did a stylish livery on it. God, what an ordeal. I wonder how some people get those insane times?

It does not matter if you use a pad or a wheel. Your time reflects on how well you study and learn the track. That's my gist on it.

force keeps getting applied
To be fair, I had that issue since before 1.49.

Durn, I suck at Sardegna. After running laps for over an hour, the best time I could manage was a low 1'27.000 time. I rented the Impreza car at first. Now I just bought one in the Legend dealership for 650k credits, and I did a stylish livery on it. God, what an ordeal. I wonder how some people get those insane times?

It does not matter if you use a pad or a wheel. Your time reflects on how well you study and learn the track. That's my gist on it.

My best so far is something in the 1:19s. I was blown away by how fast the WR is - around 7 seconds ahead of me :confused:

The key appears to be timing the slide. The WR spends half his lap going sideways and perfectly timing it to miss the track limits. This is actually pretty entertaining in VR as you can look out the side windows while sliding sideways to see where you are going but I'm too chicken to risk my SR in a race through.

Last edited:
How is it silly?
That I can't use my shifter in sport mode. That's silly. I can't imagine how it would be any faster than paddle shifting or that they are not able to find a way to combat people from abusing it.

That I can't use my shifter in sport mode. That's silly. I can't imagine how it would be any faster than paddle shifting or that they are not able to find a way to combat people from abusing it.
Because you can physically skip gears like down shifting directly from 5th to 3rd without having to go through 4th.

That is one shift so is faster than 2 shifts in GT.

There is an argument that MT (GT Sequential) is OP over Automatic in almost all situations as well.

Because you can physically skip gears like down shifting directly from 5th to 3rd without having to go through 4th.

That is one shift so is faster than 2 shifts in GT.

There is an argument that MT (GT Sequential) is OP over Automatic in almost all situations as well.
And also you can gain some advantage with the up shiftings on certain cars.
For example:
The Radical´s 4th gear is terrible. You can try to skip it with paddles but its not so simple.

You have to perfectly time the double tap or you get stuck in 4th gear.
With the H pattern is easy.

So no @tyoungbl, it is not a silly thing as it may seem

To be fair, I had that issue since before 1.49.

My best so far is something in the 1:19s. I was blown away by how fast the WR is - around 7 seconds ahead of me :confused:

The key appears to be timing the slide. The WR spends half his lap going sideways and perfectly timing it to miss the track limits. This is actually pretty entertaining in VR as you can look out the side windows while sliding sideways to see where you are going but I'm too chicken to risk my SR in a race through.
Well then my slides aren't carrying the most amount of grip/speed. I guess maybe watching a replay will help, or even loading a ghost and setting it 0.2 before the leader. Also resetting the ghost in each sector should help too, you just have to pay attention. Yeah, the WR blows my mind too, they are a professional on rally tracks! I just noticed a few minutes ago my SR, is almost at an A. How is that possible. I've been respectful as I can with all my opponents.

@Childe Roland the Radical has bad shifting gears, at least it did when we had at Dragon Trail TT last year.

Last edited:
@Childe Roland the Radical has bad shifting gears, at least it did when we had at Dragon Trail TT last year.
Its awful indeed.
In the Road Atlanta one make race the difference that you made on the main straight was almost of 3 tenths skipping 4th gear.

But it wasnt easy, and when you missed it you could see how the other cars who properly executed the upshift trick extended the gap.

Back