GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,193 comments
Hi, How do you track your DR like this?

Edit: MetalApe beat me to it.

Edit2:

My typical workflow for racing is as the lobby comes up I click record video so I always have a capture of what happens in the race. Then as you enter the race track, I capture a screenshot of the starting grid. Post race, I capture a second screenshot of the finishing positions and also stop the video. Then after exiting the lobby you navigate to your profile to capture the profile page that has your DR and SR performance.

Then at some point I transfer this all to an external SSD (much faster than a USB stick) and then plug it into my computer where I can enter it into GranTracker and store it organized on my 64TB home server for posterity. You don't need 64TB of storage however :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm waiting for a patch to fix the logi pro's lightness on this car (ra272). Still, I jumped into a race this morning, it's pretty decent and fun! Half my grid didn't qualify, started p6, finished p6 (did not stay that way throughout the race! Also got the crb!) People were at least trying to be clean and I had some decent battles. But man, oh man, I've cranked every setting up but the wheel is just lifeless on this car.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a patch to fix the logi pro's lightness on this car (ra272). Still, I jumped into a race this morning, it's pretty decent and fun! Half my grid didn't qualify, started p6, finished p6 (did not stay that way throughout the race! Also got the crb!) People were at least trying to be clean and I had some decent battles. But man, oh man, I've cranked every setting up but the wheel is just lifeless on this car.
It's the worst

What is even worse (not by much) is even maxing DD torque the steering is sooooo light.
Not only a direct drive problem this time, on G923 you can almost steer this car with two fingers.
The ffb values for this car are so wrong after the update and its a shame because it was a pleasure to drive it before.

Ok, so it's not just me then. I made a comment in the TT thread after doing Spa in this car that the FFB was way lower than any other car I've driven since the update. (I've heard the SF cars are way low as well, which seems bass ackwards.)

Road cars feel great; Gr3/4 cars feel great. This Honda is like 10% of the FFB those cars are getting. I am not about to redo all my FFB settings around this 272 so I just deal with it.
@Talon16 you should try Gr.2, the FFB after the update makes it the best category to drive imo.

Race C is actually fun! Tried only one though. DR-wise, it is gonna be a bloodbath for me since I am slow and there's no strategy to make me jump faster drivers. But SR-wise, it is a chill and clean race. Passing is actually clean and not really that risky. If you are worried about SR, don't be. The only problem is 30-minute frequency for a 10-minute race.

The scenery is amazing, especially when I see drivers ahead of me. In this picture, you can see @A_Higher_Place leading in his dark car.
xLRKHr9.jpeg

Last edited:
FFB is super weird now in general. 0 consistency between cars. You can go from the Ford GT '18 to the '20 AMG and it's practically two different car classes in the way the wheel feels. I don't quite understand why they've done it.
Not only whatever they have done broken the fluidness of the FFB system

They've added another QoL downgrade at the same time having to constantly swap wheel settings or at lease torque strength almost every time.

Some cars it's like the power steering pump is broken, other so over servo'd it's like the cars are stuck in "city parking" mode

Tried the Scooby, initially got a 1:28, which I've whittled down to a 1:21, but how are people getting 1:12s? Also I have to use auto transmission, why is the car refusing to change up? I lose so much speed.

Race C is actually fun! Tried only one though. DR-wise, it is gonna be a bloodbath for me since I am slow and there's no strategy to make me jump faster drivers. But SR-wise, it is a chill and clean race. Passing is actually clean and not really that risky. If you are worried about SR, don't be. The only problem is 30-minute frequency for a 10-minute race.

The scenery is amazing, especially when I see drivers ahead of me. In this picture, you can see @A_Higher_Place leading in his dark car.
xLRKHr9.jpeg
I agree, I did my first race around 10:30am, if you want to see my video, I uploaded it to Youtube. And thank you God we do not have to pit which makes it even more fun and exciting. I had a semi-rough experience, I finished a couple places before dead last.

I got a lap time of 1'17.657, however I would like to improve even more if possible. It does not help me watching the top 200 replays, because I can never copy what moves the classified aliens make out there, and that's a fact. Now I gotta battle Suzuka to get a lap time under 2 minutes. That's the main goal for myself.

How the **** do you do that 🙈🙈🙈 I am completely missing something, trying as hard as I can and you just do this for fun 😅
It is a really weird car to drive, it feels like you're waiting so long to get on the power out of the hairpins that you must be losing time but somehow you're not. I think it's the tyres, I'm really happy PD put it on CS this week instead of racing slicks, it feels a lot more like how a 60s GP car should.

Yes, he is the master of GT7, he might be classified as an alien too like Tidgney and the other famous Youtubers.
No chance 😂. Tidgney is a alien, I am a mobile chicane whenever I share the track with people at his level.

Well I know I'm losing time in some areas, because my time is at 1'17.657. See I knew I still wouldn't be quick enough to keep up with the crowds. I'm still trying to get used to the feel and layout of Eiger.

Last edited:
It is a really weird car to drive, it feels like you're waiting so long to get on the power out of the hairpins that you must be losing time but somehow you're not. I think it's the tyres, I'm really happy PD put it on CS this week instead of racing slicks, it feels a lot more like how a 60s GP car should.

No chance 😂. Tidgney is a alien, I am a mobile chicane whenever I share the track with people at his level.
You are right of course, I didn't do too much in the way of QT, it's a strange car,I followed Tidgney's ghost around earlier and I'm baffled as to how he gets around those hairpins. I actually changed my wheel settings to 270 degrees and that did help a small bit but I'm just going to admit I am ****e 😅😅

You are right of course, I didn't do too much in the way of QT, it's a strange car,I followed Tidgney's ghost around earlier and I'm baffled as to how he gets around those hairpins. I actually changed my wheel settings to 270 degrees and that did help a small bit but I'm just going to admit I am ****e 😅😅
Tidgney is a magician, the scary bit is I'm sure he can go quite a bit faster than that lap too 😱

Well the early indication is I was right about B

It is absolutely rammed with names I know, the pace is sweaty and there is a lot of people who can't remember how to drive this track.

What I will say and it's controversial, Suzuka is a technical track and you can tell those that bother to QT from those that don't as their track knowledge is awful which leads to absolute shameful moves in all the wrong places.

Yeay, you get a place but now we are so far behind the ones in front now... great tactical thinking racing rambos.

I'm not going to race anymore this week and contrary to Tidgney I'm not thinking this is a good week and nor is it actually fun.

It seems they have an aversion to making fun races these days. Everyone's mileage will vary but initial impressions for me is that I'm out.

Back