GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,228 comments
Aaahhhhhh

Was over 0.5s ahead of my new best time (below) but I tapped the outer wall on the final exit and lost so much speed!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙁☹️I was going to do a 1:11:7 or lower 😖

1723486642069.jpeg
1723486648494.jpeg

Whole world of more customisable and varied simulators on PC if you want it.
If I wanted to buy a PC just for it, and even if I did, I doubt the Logitech Pro wheel I have would work with them.
You could go the VR route. It has totally transformed GT7 for me and starting over it is like a new game.
:crazy: Tried it. Can't get past the motion sickness, which is no surprise since I get motion sick standing on a dock (truth).

If I wanted to buy a PC just for it, and even if I did, I doubt the Logitech Pro wheel I have would work with them.
Yeah, course it will. Wheels are designed for PC and then the console is an afterthought as Xbox and PS peripherals don't handshake or something like that and they are usually only signed off for one or the other.
Famine will probably know the specifics, he's good like that.

I wonder what the meta car will be for Green Hell, it's gonna be tough trying to get a sub-8 minute lap. See if I average 8 and a half minutes-9 that means my whole race will be 54 minutes which will be over the max duration period. So, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's a dilemma.

I am gonna go for it, I just hope my connection's good this next week, that's all I can say.

Last edited:
I wonder what the meta car will be for Green Hell, it's gonna be tough trying to get a sub-8 minute lap. See if I average 8 and a half minutes-9 that means my whole race will be 54 minutes which will be over the max duration period. So, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. It's a dilemma.

I am gonna go for it, I just hope my connection's good this next week, that's all I can say.
Chris mate that isn't the for you. Learn the short lap one really well

I like the mini-layouts though to practice and get a feel of what the whole Nurburgring 24th track and the Nordschleife Endurance track is like. Some people find it pleasant to drive irl.

I like the mini-layouts though to practice and get a feel of what the whole Nurburgring 24th track and the Nordschleife Endurance track is like. Some people find it pleasant to drive irl.
It is not the race you think it is, even at lower lobbies bud. You do your own thing but it's an hour long race with potential strategy.

You won't be practicing race craft or actual track knowledge so just be prepared.

You do you but hold expectations at the door. It's a 50min race

6 laps at Nurburgring? Wow, glad I’m not into race C and also glad I’m holiday this week as it all looks a little bit dull 😉

Imposter syndrome + daily race C at Nurburgring = DR killer. Not to mention how sweaty it is out there..
I'm sure people are sweating bullets in those A/B races, ain't no way I'm doing that now, hopefully with my D rank, i'll be in some clean, less intense lobbies with maybe a couple C drivers.

@brockie hope you have a good jolly vacation, I'm gonna take a stab at the C races. I need to get myself prepared. The A races may get boring with the slow Samba bus.

Last edited:
No worries about the bump, it's my fault anyway, timing the exit wrong and lifting when I should be flat out.
Nah was definitely on me as I'm the car behind. I just didn't realise at the time you had damage as I checked my car and I had none so thought ok you must not have any. Was good racing all the same, wish we pitted a lap later though haha!

I changed my mind, I'm skipping race C, I watched @Tidgney 's guides and saw some rain and he spun out in one of his races, so I'm not taking a risk and stressing myself out, plus I may not be able to finish the race. If I can't get a lap between 8'10.000 and 8'14.000, then I'm not doing any races there. It would be a waste of time and a distraction.

I bought the DualSense Edge controller! It was nice to thrash the steering stalk around without any care, knowing that I can just replace it. The paddles feel awkward to use at first. I have not given it more try yet. Because out of all tracks, Nordschleife is definitely not the track to practice manual.

Did two dry races at the green hell back to back. Dayum, I am definitely done for today. I am sapped of all the energy. It was so much fun! Now that I have experienced this track for more than 3 laps, I have mad respect for real-life racers who do this track. Just playing on a simcade game is bloody intense.

I have yet to finish any Race C this week, as I have been running out of time even before hitting brakes after the long straight. :lol:

Loving race C today !
That's what a race C should be. If you prefer it could be a race "D" or "Prestige" or whatever.

It's an actual race. I don't get why ppl that ask for more realism or strategy wouldn't want to try it. Yes, you'll make mistakes and rain is a pain, but that's the Nordschleife on a nutshell.

Wow, race C is a workout! Took pole with my 8:03 and lead by as many as 9 seconds until I pit on lap 4 only to be passed and beaten by a Nissan who managed to make a no stop work. Finished 1.4 seconds off in the end. That's enough for this old fella for one night. I'll be back!

We had light drizzle from lap 2 through 4, but never enough to get the bar more than 1/2 way to the first mark.

Last edited:
Just finished the 11pm Race C. Am kicking myself really 😪. I misread the radar and went straight out on Intermediates thinking I would not get 1 dry lap, I intended to pit at the end of the first lap anyway to top off with fuel. Unfortunately the first lap stayed bone dry and I kind of got a bit caught out 🙈 Was a good race in the end, it rained pretty heavy and I was wondering should I have gone full wets but it dried up 3/4 of the way through lap 5. I was 5th at that stage 1 min 9 seconds down on the leader. The first 4 obviously ran into some trouble as my final lap was 18 seconds faster than the previous lap ( which I had set the previous lap. Anyway, 2nd from the back was pretty good going with my lack of ability 👍
The RS 01 is very very good in the wet, far better than the R8 which I tried first

Edit: I forgot to mention fuel. It was like a Nascar fuel mileage race,😅😅 Even after topping up after lap 1 and short shifting in the wet I still ended up using Map 2-3 between the two carousels from Lap 3-5 and then turn the wick up for the last lap.I crossed the line with 1% fuel remaining !!!!

Attachments

• 20240812_235955.jpg
    20240812_235955.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240813_000057.jpg
    20240813_000057.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Great time at Eirger Nordwand however, after a weeks worth of anxiety on the comfort soft ice skates I put full power and racing softs on the Honda for three 20 lap custom races today... aaaaahhhh😊

Last edited:
Was able to do a C race right after work. Wasn't sure what to expect so jumped on the alt with no quali time. Got pushed wide shortly after the Nord started and spun around a bunch. Then, later in the lap hit a curb I've hit 100x before and it sent my car flying (guess with these new physics, curbs aren't as kind as they once were).

After lap one I was in second to last but saw the rain coming in so I pit for IMs; I was one of only a few that did. Track stayed dry until about half way through and it started to pour. Sure enough, one by one was able to go passed the cars that were flopping around.

A couple of the front-runners were able to make it to the pits, albeit very slowly.

I ended up pitting again after lap two for a set of Ws as the half lap on the dry track killed the IMs... which made the car a handfull in as the line approached the third tier. Yadda yadda yadda, P2.

054c28e49d73eff8e4404cfcbd848544_photo.webp

cad27b288c197c2a0fb21f2e70564776_photo.webp

Was able to do a C race right after work. Wasn't sure what to expect so jumped on the alt with no quali time. Got pushed wide shortly after the Nord started and spun around a bunch. Then, later in the lap hit a curb I've hit 100x before and it sent my car flying (guess with these new physics, curbs aren't as kind as they once were).

After lap one I was in second to last but saw the rain coming in so I pit for IMs; I was one of only a few that did. Track stayed dry until about half way through and it started to pour. Sure enough, one by one was able to go passed the cars that were flopping around.

A couple of the front-runners were able to make it to the pits, albeit very slowly.

I ended up pitting again after lap two for a set of Ws as the half lap on the dry track killed the IMs... which made the car a handfull in as the line approached the third tier. Yadda yadda yadda, P2.
Thinkin' I may hop in on the alt account too. My ego took a couple swing this morning on my main and I haven't recovered from it yet :lol: :crazy:. This may be the week I get to really learn the finer details of the ring.

The light blue can be really deceiving on this race. Some races it seemed to have no effect on the water gauge, but on another race it sssslllooowwwllllyyyy made its way up over the course of four laps. Haven't needed full wets for an entire lap yet but the GP course has certainly gotten wet enough for them.

I was looking forward to the Nordschleife this week, but I need to re-learn the track with the new physics. What I use to be able to get away with is throwing my car all over the place. I tried a bunch of MR cars before picking the Porsche. I eventually got a 8:06 which I think is my quickest time I've done. Well, on hard tires anyway. I need to do a custom race to get used to the wet racing conditions tomorrow and hope for the best.

I just did daily rate A. Once is enough.

It could’ve been kind of interesting, but I was surrounded by a-holes. One had a horn that played the entire race. And then the person in front of me just kept on trying to crash me out if any time I tried to pass them. it was obnoxious.

Otherwise driving the Sambabus is like driving my Winnebago Revel. :D

Back