GT7 is compatible with motion rig ?

• Thread starter poumpoum
  • 683 comments
For those interested in what else the game exposes (that is unfortunately unavailable publicly) there is an extra API (LiveTiming) related to race data that I've documented.

Last edited:
No, there is no such data in the telemetry from the game. Unfortunately, but for what it is this "API" was never really aimed at consumer level interaction to start with. We will in all likelihood have to make do with what it is, as it is. At least it enables motion rigs for GT Sport and GT7, which is at least something.

Thanks for the reply. This is true. The motion is feeling amazing even without that data. I'm very pleased. I just need to figure out how not to have the seat pitch forward violently when I restart. It seems to only happen when my speed at the time of pausing is significantly faster than the rolling start speed when I restart. I don't want to remove decel. G forces entirely. I need to find a happy medium. I guess this is what the SRS devs have to go through when designing a native plugin.

It would be a good function to the game. We have this in Codemaster's F1 games and there is a mod like this in rFactor. Some people told me some years ago that a Spotter mod in rFactor that are activates by voice command. You could call the spotter any time using your voice and asking for any information like lap time for example. Is possible to develop a PC application that recieve this informations and speak to the player?

Spotter mod for rFactor: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spotter-plugin-v2-17-by-carlomaker-f1dave.50356/

You mean like the amazing Crew Chief v4?

I’ve just gotten a c++ implementation working. For anyone interested, I plan on wrapping this into a pypi package so people can just pip install it in the near future.

Edit (oct 3): I'm having trouble getting the python/c bindings working. this is my first go at doing this so there's a bit o fa learning curve

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about the telemetry data being stopped after the update? I want to think is just the app I'm using (SIM Dashboard) not working.

I just tried, it still works, but only when driving, replays don’t send out telemetry anymore.
Thank you. I was indeed watching a replay, I did find it very useful to have that info to be analyzed throughout the replay, shame they remove it.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about the telemetry data being stopped after the update? I want to think is just the app I'm using (SIM Dashboard) not working.
Sadly, I found out the same (edit: in replays). Maybe they considered this an unwanted advantage especially in the top world leaderboards.

Last edited:
I suspect PD would justify its removal during replays as addressing a "safety" issue... to stop rigs suddenly, maybe violently (depending upon the make-up of the rig), jumping around if the user switches between vehicles at different parts of the track that are doing very different things.
They could just add a flag to let the rig's know it's a replay.. they've got 52 unused bytes in their packet

I’ve just gotten a c++ implementation working. For anyone interested, I plan on wrapping this into a pypi package so people can just pip install it in the near future.

Edit (oct 3): I'm having trouble getting the python/c bindings working. this is my first go at doing this so there's a bit o fa learning curve

I’ve just released my wrapper around the telemetry data api onto pypi. For anyone using python 3.7 or higher, you can now simply pip install granturismo and start having fun.

Checkout the url for more info https://pypi.org/project/granturismo/

Hi! Installed Sim racing studio App and granturismo-sts-proxy (gt7coder). Everything works. The question is, does SRS work with third-party or DIY equipment, or is it necessary to buy from them?

I’ve just released my wrapper around the telemetry data api onto pypi. For anyone using python 3.7 or higher, you can now simply pip install granturismo and start having fun.

Hey there, noticed that I got a weird value from best_lap_time, and noticed in packet.py that it references 128 (0x80) – shouldn't it be referencing 120 (0x78)? Edit: I can confirm that changing from 128 to 120 does indeed solve that problem.

Also, got properly confused as to where fuel levels were... "gas_level"... 'muricans! :D

Last edited:

Also, I notice that the flag "in_race" in your data packet is documented as existing, but it is not.

Edit: Oh wait, it seems its name changed to "car_on_track"?

Last edited:
Hey there, noticed that I got a weird value from best_lap_time, and noticed in packet.py that it references 128 (0x80) – shouldn't it be referencing 120 (0x78)? Edit: I can confirm that changing from 128 to 120 does indeed solve that problem.

Also, got properly confused as to where fuel levels were... "gas_level"... 'muricans! :D
Hey @Bonhall, thank you for the feedback! You're right, i had a bug where i was pulling the wrong value for best_lap_time (plus a few others). I've just published a bugfix that addresses this, plus a few other issues with the packet values. Feel free to pull 0.0.10 for the patch and let me know if you encounter any other issues :)

Also, I notice that the flag "in_race" in your data packet is documented as existing, but it is not.

Edit: Oh wait, it seems its name changed to "car_on_track"?
yeah i renamed this to car_on_track. I'll probably rename it to "in_race" whenever i make a major version update. It turns out this flag is true when the car is pre-race, in-race, and post-race, but false all other times (including replaces and demos).

Also, i like your suggestion to rename gas_level to fuel_level. I'll likely update this with a major version bump as well

Hello wonderful developers. I've never thought that my ps4 GTSport would be able to read the telemetry and send it to my win7 pc,not until yesterday when I've bumped to this thread. Great job very much thanks to all of you who contributed. I am zero in py but have some pyhton 3.8 installed long a go. Using @Nenkai exe files I'm able to read the data by CLI. Good start. Any idea on how may I send this data to an arduino?

Hello wonderful developers. I've never thought that my ps4 GTSport would be able to read the telemetry and send it to my win7 pc,not until yesterday when I've bumped to this thread. Great job very much thanks to all of you who contributed. I am zero in py but have some pyhton 3.8 installed long a go. Using @Nenkai exe files I'm able to read the data by CLI. Good start. Any idea on how may I send this data to an arduino?
You should be able to connect your Arduino to your network and run the scripts there.

You should be able to connect your Arduino to your network and run the scripts there.
I was looking for just connecting arduino nano(without ethernet capabilities) to usb port on my computers and read the telemetry data provided by the exe files.

I think this requires special software to work with arduino. Something similar to simhub. Its developer is implementing GT7 into the simhub program
I do hope so. But not sure if the dev are still interested to integrate new games into simhub. As the old asserto corsa for ps4 also cannot be integrated into simhub, I bet it will remains for other games as well. For python there maybe a solution to use with arduino, but for exe it might be a long way to go. At least for a noobies like me.
Simtools are better solution if talking about gt7, as it support custom games plugin to be used with it, regardless of their softwares and plugins are paid. Anyway, @vthinsel is working on the gt7 plugins for simtools 3,and I believe it will around soon.
Ps: I'm not affiliate to both of the softwares

Last edited:
Back