GT7 July Update Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, but people usually end up disappointed anyway. The reason being that PD isn’t doing wnough to keep things interesting.
True. You are spot on! However, I am confident that the next update will going to be a big one giving some bigger chances of this game being improved further enough to attract back the interest of the community.

Last edited:
At least two more tracks an one/two more layouts before the end of the year
from your mouth to gods ears....your prediction in my mind is more till the end of gt7..not end of year

I really don't exept them to put much effort in game...
why?
simple answer. ..they sponsor so many drivers..basicly they have sf team..they have done movie...that's alot effort for game company...takes alot of time and money...
I really don't think gaming is their priority

from your mouth to gods ears....your prediction in my mind is more till the end of gt7..not end of year

why?
simple answer. ..they sponsor so many drivers..basicly they have sf team..they have done movie...that's alot effort for game company...takes alot of time and money...

The support for the game is far from over, i expect we have at least 100 more cars, and 7-8 more track locations

why?

GT7 may be “dead” but I feel the content updates are far from over. The small amount of cars and tracks released so far compared to GT Sport in the same time frame suggests that PD has been holding back in order to spread things evenly over a longer period. Maybe they are saving for GT8, but I don’t think a new game is close to being released. GT7 has no strong vision behind it, which suggests PD is creatively drained, so releasing cars and tracks for GT7 is probably the best they can do for some time to come.

The support for the game is far from over, i expect we have at least 100 more cars, and 7-8 more track locations
I'm afraid you're being a bit too optimistic with those numbers. On the first 16 months of support for GT 7, we received 50 cars and 3 new tracks (Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta & Grand Valley) plus a few different layouts of existing circuits (Nurburgring, Spa & Barcelona). Judging by what Polyphony did with GT Sport, the first two years are probably the heaviest on update content. So far we have 474 cars in GT 7, I don't see that number exceeding 550 cars at most, the game'll probably end support having around 520-530 cars. I also expect 3 or 4 more tracks at most. After that the studio will completely focus on developing GT 8.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're being a bit too optimistic with those numbers. On the first 16 months of support for GT 7, we received 50 cars and 3 new tracks (Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta & Grand Valley) plus a few different layouts of existing circuits (Nurburgring, Spa & Barcelona). Judging by what Polyphony did with GT Sport, the first two years are probably the heaviest on update content. So far we have 474 cars in GT 7, I don't see that number exceeding 550 cars at most, the game'll probably end support having around 520-530 cars. I also expect 3 or 4 more tracks at most. After that the studio will completely focus on developing GT 8.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would they spend all of that money to develop a game just to abandon it 2-3 years later? It doesn't really work like that. GT8 is still far from sight

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they spend all of that money to develop a game just to abandon it 2-3 years later? It doesn't really work like that. GT8 is still far from sight
How it doesn't make any sense? The exact same thing happened with GT Sport. Around 2 years full of new content on updates and then PD moved focus to develop GT 7. After February 2020, GT Sport only received 4 new cars, Mazda RX-Vision GT 3 and 3 Toyotas: Supra 2020, Yaris GR & GR86. The rest of updates in those 2 years preceding GT 7 launch were basically bug fixes and a few stability and physics improvements. I estimate GT 8 should arrive close to the end of PS 5 generation, maybe at early 2027 (this would mean 5 years development cycle, which sounds reasonable), so the updates for GT 7 would start dwindling by the end of 2024 or early 2025, if we are lucky.

And by the way, this doesn't mean they'd abandon GT 7. The servers would keep functioning, you'd still have daily races, Manufacturers and Nations Cup etc. Plus a couple more new cars on sparse updates. You can't expect PD to keep updating GT 7 forever, specially since the game'd hardly be generating much more money for Sony. Unfortunately, that's not how business work.

Last edited:
How it doesn't make any sense? The exact same thing happened with GT Sport. Around 2 years full of new content on updates and then PD moved focus to develop GT 7. After February 2020, GT Sport only received 4 new cars, Mazda RX-Vision GT 3 and 3 Toyotas: Supra 2020, Yaris GR & GR86. The rest of updates in those 2 years preceding GT 7 launch were basically bug fixes and a few stability and physics improvements. I estimate GT 8 should arrive close to the end of PS 5 generation, maybe at early 2027 (this would mean 5 years development cycle, which sounds reasonable), so the updates for GT 7 would start dwindling by the end of 2024 or early 2025, if we are lucky.

And by the way, this doesn't mean they'd abandon GT 7. The servers would keep functioning, you'd still have daily races, Manufacturers and Nations Cup etc. Plus a couple more new cars on sparse updates. You can't expect PD to keep updating GT 7 forever, specially since the game'd hardly be generating much more money for Sony. Unfortunately, that's not how business work.
GT Sport wasn't a "numbered" game though, and the development resources needed for GT7 would be much greater. I wouldn't base the effort of GT Sport on the potential effort of GT7

The 1998 car posted slower laptimes but I can't find anything different as far as actual specs so i'm not sure if it was just tweaked abit from the 98 car as the aero is very slightly different and maybe gear ratios. Assuming they add the 1999 car instead it would be pretty easy to BOP it into Gr.2 with added weight and lower downforce levels.
It's really the most hard to predict car when it comes to categories if it comes to GT7.

The 1998 version qualified 2nd behind the Mercedes CLK-LM, so that version would surely have to be in Gr.2 since the CLK-LM in the game is a Gr.2 car.

However, the 1999 version was tuned to the new LMGTP regulations, and while I can't exactly find the specs about it, the lap times don't lie.
The 1999 GT-One was over 6 seconds faster than 1998 one around Le Mans, same layout and ambient conditions not too far apart. And it was competing against the new LMP1 cars like the BMW V12 LMR.

The 1999 version is faster than any Group C car in the game. In fact, in real life, the only Group C cars faster than the 1999 GT-One are the 3.5l V10 Group Cs from 1991-1993 like the Jaguar XJR-14, Peugeot 905 and the Toyota TS010.

And also, it's more than likely that if this car ever comes to the game, it's the #3 Esso Ultron sponsored 1999 car that will join the game considering that's the car that's been in the game from GT3 to GT6.

So basically:
1998 GT One = Gr.2
1999 GT One = Gr.1

Any LMP top class car from 2000 and above is pretty much guaranteed to be a Gr.1 car if it joins the game (Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8, Audi R10 Tdi). The 3.5l V10 Group C cars as well since they are an order of magnitude faster than the "classic" Group C cars and those in GT7 are Gr.1.

Gr.2 is reserved for "current" gen DTM, post 2008 GT500 cars and 1997-1998 FIA GT1 cars (Nissan R390 GT1 would also be a Gr.2 car). And I don't see any other class really fitting in it.
Or rather, mixing GT500 cars with late 90s GT1 is already a recipe for disaster because you really can't make a BOP balanced with these two cars. GT500 and DTM is fine, they are pretty much similar, much like how GT3 is to GTE.

Gr.1 is even worse though. 80s Group C + mid 2010s LMP1-H + early 2010s LMP1 + Withcrafted VGTs ... :lol:

I know PD doesn't make race events with the cars actual categories (Gr. C, LMP1, etc) because of licensing issues but I believe there could've been a better way to categorize these cars.

Damn, all this talk about all these amazing prototypes... I know GT7 isn't really lacking on them right now, in fact, it has quite a nice list compared to most games, but there's so much more to be added from both the past and present.

Last edited:
so talking about classes...I really don't expect any gr.1 "real car " anymore for gt7 ( but I would want to see downforce monsters ts010 closed rear wheels , mk3 eagle, ts020 1999 would be awesome)

gr3. yes

gr2. optimistically I would say yes..but in numbers 1- 2 car at max

I am not sure why didn't they implement 2 open world minimaps..people would enjoy more with those road cars...

GT Sport wasn't a "numbered" game though, and the development resources needed for GT7 would be much greater. I wouldn't base the effort of GT Sport on the potential effort of GT7
Exactly. You are spot on! GT Sport was a different case due to the reasons mentioned by yourself. And despite still being only an half-sequel standalone spin-off, Sport was still fully frequently supported for 2-3 years with regular new content, while on the other hand GT7 being a fully fledged more durable title will probably going to be supported for a longer time with a bigger spurt of content for at least 3-5 years from its release. That being said, GT7 will probably receive new free DLC's with tracks, cars, events and features up until 2025-2026. GT8 will likely be released in late 2026 at the earliest or even 2027-2028, shortly before the PS6 market debut.

Last edited:
When I see what kind of updates they released this year, my hope is down to zero that something positive will be released.

But, I hope:
Cars: Ferrari 296 GT3 or McLaren 720S GT3, that really would bring me back to at least play it again...
Tracks: Silverstone

My prediction, some more versions of already exciting japanese cars, no track and and another surprise that nobody needs or wants.

When I see what kind of updates they released this year, my hope is down to zero that something positive will be released.

But, I hope:
Cars: Ferrari 296 GT3 or McLaren 720S GT3, that really would bring me back to at least play it again...
Tracks: Silverstone

My prediction, some more versions of already exciting japanese cars, no track and and another surprise that nobody needs or wants.
if they bring silverstone back...omg that would be awesome....its iconic circuit...one of the old ones..that should be in every game...
spa
monza
silverstone

Silverstone is my favorite track, I am a longtime formula one fan and GTWC. That track is part of every important racing series. And it's missing in GT7 :-(
The licence for it is hilariously expensive, and it's a price PD doesn't wanna pay.

Last edited:
The licence for it is hilariously expensive, and it's a price PD doesn't wanna pay.
Exactly. That's what I wrote in another thread. It's just they DON'T want to pay it. Same with newer cars. But compare the prices of this game and others like Assetto Corsa, they have Silverstone and that newer cars and it's way cheaper.... So it's all come to being greedy in the end. It's business

Unfortunately like most sporting things everybody wants to make money out of their image/brand - which is their right. Unfortunately, though that means for the customers and fans we get a reduced access to those things. Football, F1 and it often varies by country.

Unfortunately like most sporting things everybody wants to make money out of their image/brand - which is their right. Unfortunately, though that means for the customers and fans we get a reduced access to those things. Football, F1 and it often varies by country.
Yes. But we as customers have that choice. I stopped almost playing GT7 in favor for ACC, paid less money for it having all new cars and tracks I love.... So it's my decision and everyone elses, if they want to pay for it or not.

...and to be honest I decided to not buy any other GT Series Game anymore before checking the content. So even that it's also on us to check and decide if it's worth for us. And maybe what alternatives we have. Would I did that from the beginning, I would end up with ACC never paying so much for GT7. Just my opinion

Last edited:
More expensive than Spa? Or Nurburgring or Le Mans? It's in so many games that it couldn't be that expensive.

That was that point, other, cheaper games have all these new cars and tracks. They wouldn't pay for it if it would be too expensive. They also want to make money in the end.

But I still got hope st least for a few of that mentioned new cars. I have less hope for the tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back