GT7 July Update Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped almost playing GT7 in favor for ACC, paid less money for it having all new cars and tracks I love.... So it's my decision and everyone elses, if they want to pay for it or not.
I don't think ACC is a fair comparison content wise. That's a licensed game for a specific series, so has all the cars for that series, of course it does. It's like saying the F1 game has all the F1 cars.

GT has to cater to all different kinds of cars because the games have always been breadth of car type over depth, so won't just go "here's all the 2022 GT3 cars in a blob" because the parts of the community that don't care about GT3 racing won't care about that update. There's just so many more plates to spin to keep people happy.

That was that point, other, cheaper games have all these new cars and tracks. They wouldn't pay for it if it would be too expensive.
The licensing for games that recreate entire series is considerably different from more sandbox-style games - the image rights are sublet as part of the negotiated properties of the series; Silverstone has no say in its inclusion in ACC because it's already agreed for its likeness to be used as part of the GTWC rights that SRO sold to Kunos - and it's weird you're comparing a sandbox-style game to one that is literally just a handful of officially sanctioned tracks with no scope for variation beyond layouts actually used in the series and the GT3 race cars (and, if you pay more, GT4) racing for ten brands...

... in a thread for predicting what's coming in an update that's probably due next week.

I don't think ACC is a fair comparison content wise. That's a licensed game for a specific series, so has all the cars for that series, of course it does. It's like saying the F1 game has all the F1 cars.

GT has to cater to all different kinds of cars because the games have always been breadth of car type over depth, so won't just go "here's all the 2022 GT3 cars in a blob" because the parts of the community that don't care about GT3 racing won't care about that update. There's just so many more plates to spin to keep people happy.

That's a good point yes. But that is not an excuse that there is zero improvement to this within five years between that two games. I mean, just counting real cars, you have to use the same cars like in GT Sport. Even for a game focused on all kind of cars... A poor approach. Especially when you take a look on the other cars. All the cars are outdated. It's been five years and really not too many newer street cars too. Especially when it goes to brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren... Not mentioning that there are no Koneigsegg and other Supercars. So even with counting that argument you mentioned, it's still the same result: outdated cars compared to older and cheaper games...

I think your looking to diferent dimensions and trying to compare them, ACC have a very restrict car list compared to GT and very restrict track list which for the majority of people gets boring pretty quickly...

Also ACC its not cheaper compared to GT7..., if you compare the librarys of both games in terms of tracks,cars,ingame ranking system, dailys, seasons and so on you realise you are getting robbed by kudos...

ACC its an amazing game but you have to pay full price in terms of DLC prices when they are out and theres a pretty decent amounth of them..., still with all of those DLCs the game doesnt feel fresh cause the cars category still the same and if you buy all of them not only ACC its not cheaper also it probably offers 1/3 of the content compared to GT7 for the same price or even more pricy.
Also to be competitive in ACC you need a wheel setup while on GT7 you can be competitive in a Gamepad so price rumps ups to out of orbit..

So i think your comparing 2 games that dont have the same dimension in terms of offer/diversity/content..., ACC probably have 1/3 if so to offer compared to GT7..

...like I said, I was also comparing it to street cars of other games like Forza and others. Not only ACC. But there is no other game, especially when it isn't too old, with an outdated car list like GT7.

...like I said
And like I said, this is a thread for predictions on what the GT7 July update's contents are, not a random axe-grind thread because you prefer another game.

For reference, your "prediction" of " some more versions of already exciting japanese cars" is unlikely. Only one update has brought exclusively Japanese cars - the very first one - and that added two cars that were new to the series (one of which being a current race car) and one which was returning but had no representation at all in GT7 before then.

The only other update with three Japanese cars included an Italian classic car as well, but also brought an up-to-date version of a GT3 race car - which is the kind of thing you apparently like...

Edit: Hmm, I'd swear I just reminded you twice what the point of this thread was and was not.

Last edited:
Yes. But we as customers have that choice. I stopped almost playing GT7 in favor for ACC, paid less money for it having all new cars and tracks I love.... So it's my decision and everyone elses, if they want to pay for it or not.

...and to be honest I decided to not buy any other GT Series Game anymore before checking the content. So even that it's also on us to check and decide if it's worth for us. And maybe what alternatives we have. Would I did that from the beginning, I would end up with ACC never paying so much for GT7. Just my opinion
I don’t have the choice. I can’t afford the TV subscription that F1 comes on anymore so now I just watch the highlights on YouTube

So I always see posts about license fees. How much is a track fee for a video game? A real number please. Proof if you have it. It would underpin this frequent argument.

A lot of people in this forum and social networks want the GT-ONE but PD not.

How PD choose the cars?, which is the relevance or the decision, apparently they have a lot of listed and modeled cars but they never use those in the game.

So I always see posts about license fees. How much is a track fee for a video game? A real number please. Proof if you have it. It would underpin this frequent argument.
You're not likely to get a solid answer, for several reasons that should be quite obvious. These include, but are not limited to: they're not party to the negotiations; they are party to them but they're under NDA; the value may differ depending on the licensee; the licensor may not want it known because it weakens its negotiating position with other licensees; the licensee may not want it known because it weakens its negotiating position with other licensors; it's privileged information; other.

It wasn't actually incredibly expensive a couple of decades ago - it was just the hassle of going and scanning it and that also costing the circuit lot of money through losing other business for that period of time. Since then, a lot of them have realised that there's good money to be made, especially as they have to pay millions for the privilege of hosting F1 races and millions more for upkeep, modernisation, and repairs (and changes) after every crash. The Silverstone resurface a few years back cost £8m...

I can't actually tell you how much Silverstone or Spa are (because I don't know for sure), but if you were to suggest that they're markedly more expensive than most other major permanent circuits and say a number that ended in five zeroes, I wouldn't attempt to repudiate it.

A lot of people in this forum and social networks want the GT-ONE but PD not.
What makes you think PD doesn't want the GT-One? It's a very curious assumption.

I just found a post on Facebook
Screenshot_20230719_181548_Facebook.jpg

A repost on Reddit by some random person who likely saw it here does not substantiate these rumors.
Ok, just sharing I thought
You might have done so in the thread where this very issue is being discussed, not some completely unrelated thread?
I didn't know that thread existed. Anyway I think the picture I posted is relevant to the theme of this thread as it is someones prediction about the update.

Exactly. That's what I wrote in another thread. It's just they DON'T want to pay it. Same with newer cars. But compare the prices of this game and others like Assetto Corsa, they have Silverstone and that newer cars and it's way cheaper.... So it's all come to being greedy in the end. It's business
Well, think of it this way. If Silverstone thinks they deserve a lot more money than every other track for inclusion, and Polyphony agrees to pay, suddenly all the other tracks may think they should demand more.

Sometimes it's best to decline the offer.

You might have done so in the thread where this very issue is being discussed, not some completely unrelated thread?
It's not really unrelated, this is about predictions for the next update. Track data appearing could mean it's coming soon.

Last edited:
Gilles Villeneuve- That's a lot of vowels. It's going to take some time to learn how to spell that. Copy and paste for me.

I haven’t driven Montreal since a game called F1 2010, and my memories of the track aren’t too fond. The layout is ok, but the trackside scenery is so bland.

I haven’t driven Montreal since a game called F1 2010, and my memories of the track aren’t too fond. The layout is ok, but the trackside scenery is so bland.
I find the trackside scenery beautiful. Maybe it's because I raised up at the riverside near the rail line with a lot of trees. It makes it somewhat nostalgic to me 🧡 Can't wait too see how Polyphony recreates the view of the track if the rumours are true.

Attachments

• montreal_aerial.jpg
    montreal_aerial.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I find the trackside scenery beautiful. Maybe it's because I raised up at the riverside near the rail line with a lot of trees. It makes it somewhat nostalgic to me 🧡 Can't wait too see how Polyphony recreates the view of the track if the rumours are true.
The location itself is very cool but what you can actually see from the driver's seat is pretty bland (same for a lot of tracks).

Last edited:
Well, you know the Drill:

@Famine is mysteriously off (Somewhere) on a Thursday or Tuesday (Because traditions) and that's when the update comes out. Not sure if I should start wagering money or not, depends on how you feel about being used as someone's potentially easy source of income :lol:

Last edited:
Well, you know the Drill:

@Famine is mysteriously off (Somewhere) on a Thursday or Tuesday (Because traditions) and that's when the update comes out. Not sure if I should start wagering money or not, depends on how you feel about being used as someone's potentially easy source of income :lol:
This month it's actually tomorrow I'm indisposed. I'm fine next week so... no update I guess :D

That's what I hope indeed. I'm not sure whether it will pop up this month or not, but it should be there by August/September at the latest.
I think there is really high chance for it.

Since we already have 2 months without track which should be every 3 updates, I think we will finally get a new track and coincidence with this leak is very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back