GT7 May Update Discussion

Because previous months predictions were totaly failure...
1682584336915.png

i don't know that to predict.... :lol: :lol:
Maybe later my crystal ball will say something....

UPDATE:
The Holy Spirit told me:
One car from Japan
One car from Germany
Two cars for U.S.
and for the end an Alfa Romeo Gulia GTV!!! 😮😮
No track
Some features from above

Last edited:
I’m feeling like they’re gonna show the 90s some love in the next update.
Cars:
  • 190e
  • Civic SiR
  • Nismo 400R
  • 2 VGT cars

Track:
- Sebring, only because there’s been a lot of speculation and rumors about this and the timing feels right.

Events:
  • Gr.2 races at 3 different tracks OR a Gr.2 Championship event
  • various PP restricted races at random tracks

• PD have been surprising us with certain new to the franchise race cars: Civic or i30N TCR
  • Mazda Roadster RF
  • Ferrari 512S ‘69
  • GR Corolla
  • Skyline GTS-R

And Red Rock Valley. Look if I keep saying this I will get it right eventually, alright?
Is that how it works?
Let's try: Pikes Peak, Pikes Peak, PIKES PEAK!

One or two more high-ish paying races would be nice, as the payout of the new SF events is ridiculous, considering they're arguable more difficult than the "big 4" we already have.

Overall I'd be fine with them fixing Splitscreen Multiplayer (if they can, which I'm still not sure of),
so I can finally play against my niblings and buddies when they come over without drawing straws who'll have to be player 2.

It's been well over a year now, and this might approach false advertising territory. Ianal though, fortunally.

I can see the poo emojis now if we got this.:lol:(I’d love it though)
In addition, TGR released "GR Supra GT4 100 Edition" on April 28 as a commemorative model of 100 units. " In addition to applying a dedicated body color based on the GR Supra GT4 EVO, it is specially equipped with a dedicated hood and a badge with a serial number.
In addition, this model will be limited to 3 units worldwide.
GR Supra GT4 100 Edition
1682680817667.jpeg

Features
Just one! Removal of the stupid Invitation thing! Or, at least, buy option!

It's almost a year, and I'm still waiting for the Ferrari Invitation.
If three of the most iconic cars (Enzo, LaFerrari, FXX) are still out of reach, after this very long period of playing, well I think that something is rotten in the state of Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony, whatever):grumpy:

Last edited:
Features

If three of the most iconic cars (Enzo, LaFerrari, FXX) are still out of reach, after this very long period of playing, well I think that something is rotten in the state of Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony, whatever):grumpy:

To add to this, take the invitations out of the roulette wheel when you've bought all the cars like I have. Also would love to spectate Sport races.

Is that how it works?
Let's try: Pikes Peak, Pikes Peak, PIKES PEAK!

One or two more high-ish paying races would be nice, as the payout of the new SF events is ridiculous, considering they're arguable more difficult than the "big 4" we already have.

Overall I'd be fine with them fixing Splitscreen Multiplayer (if they can, which I'm still not sure of),
so I can finally play against my niblings and buddies when they come over without drawing straws who'll have to be player 2.

It's been well over a year now, and this might approach false advertising territory. Ianal though, fortunally.
full course pikes peak ( 19,9 km )would be awesome...we already have escudo,vw id r - which could get pikes peak version or at least that giant rear wing costumization .. and loebs peugeot was found in files ( probably from 2017 🤣🤣🤣) - since peugeot has some problems seeing car driving elsewhere, exept that giant mountain

REALITY:
PIKES PEAK - PD HAS PROBLEMS GIVING US THAT ROAD BECAUSE ITS NOT CIRCUIT...SO YOU BASICLY CAN RACE ON IT, TIME ATTACK HILL CLIMB IS NOT IN THEIR INTEREST

VW ID R - PROBABLY LICENCE ISSUES WITH THAT GIANT REAR WING AND THEY WOULD NEED TO GIVE US CUSTOMIZABLE TRANSMISION, SINCE CAR DID HAVE 250 KMH BLOCK THATS WHY IT COULD PRODUCE 1,8 SEC 0 - 60 MPH

PEUGEOT PIKES PEAK 208 T16 - LICENCE PROBLEMS, BECAUSE COMPANY DOESNT WANT TO SEE CAR DRIVING ELSWHERE..SO WE BASICLY COULDNT USE IT ELSEWHERE, PLUS PD WOULD PROBABLY GIVE TURBO UPGRADE,
875 HP - HIGH RPM TURBO --> 1130 HP..because engine was from 908 hdi and peugeot could have turn it up, but theY didn't want to broke engine on the road

SO BASICLY THATS A NO NO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
RED BULL X FAN CARS SEEMS TO BE FORGOTTEN AND WILL STAY THAT WAY

probably some vgt, and some gt3 that's about the best they can do

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PD IN FUTURE...PROBABLY NOTHING THAT WOULD INTEREST ME...

full course pikes peak ( 19,9 km )would be awesome...we already have escudo,vw id r - which could get pikes peak version or at least that giant rear wing costumization .. and loebs peugeot was found in files ( probably from 2017 🤣🤣🤣) - since peugeot has some problems seeing car driving elsewhere, exept that giant mountain

REALITY:
PIKES PEAK - PD HAS PROBLEMS GIVING US THAT ROAD BECAUSE ITS NOT CIRCUIT...SO YOU BASICLY CAN RACE ON IT, TIME ATTACK HILL CLIMB IS NOT IN THEIR INTEREST

VW ID R - PROBABLY LICENCE ISSUES WITH THAT GIANT REAR WING AND THEY WOULD NEED TO GIVE US CUSTOMIZABLE TRANSMISION, SINCE CAR DID HAVE 250 KMH BLOCK THATS WHY IT COULD PRODUCE 1,8 SEC 0 - 60 MPH

PEUGEOT PIKES PEAK 208 T16 - LICENCE PROBLEMS, BECAUSE COMPANY DOESNT WANT TO SEE CAR DRIVING ELSWHERE..SO WE BASICLY COULDNT USE IT ELSEWHERE, PLUS PD WOULD PROBABLY GIVE TURBO UPGRADE,
875 HP - HIGH RPM TURBO --> 1130 HP..because engine was from 908 hdi and peugeot could have turn it up, but theY didn't want to broke engine on the road

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PD IN FUTURE...PROBABLY NOTHING THAT WOULD INTEREST ME...
Screaming Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

REALITY:

Literally the game has Time Trials also Pikes Peak can be used for point to point races.

Or a 1 vs 1 race.

Pd either has to use the track or at least give it up because they are just sitting on it what a waste.

Owners of Pikes Peak should be ashamed they could have licenced it to different racing games but instead chose money over promoting pikes peak.

I hope they are happy about it.

Last edited:
Literally the game has Time Trials also Pikes Peak can be used for point to point races.

Or a 1 vs 1 race.

Pd either has to use the track or at least give it up because they are just sitting on it what a waste.

Owners of Pikes Peak should be ashamed they could have licenced it to different racing games but instead chose money over promoting pikes peak.

It's a giant track in terms of environments, because you have a lot vision from up above, you need to model the whole landscape. I bet it release for GT7. Pd have been sitting on this license since GTS so it is on the way I think, just takes the longest

Features

Hi My name is chikane can I join you on the waiting list.:( Its been a nightmare for me with the Ferrari invite so I would fully support the removal of that broken system.

Also about the may update its likely to drop on the 25th right since that's the last Thursday of may.

It seems for the car guesses it's hard to tell but I hope it will be the:

Porsche GT1-98 or Porsche 993 GT1 1996 for Gr.2 and Gr.3 respectively or the CLK-GTR GT1 Gr.2, reason these 2 are that the GT1 class in Gr.2 only has 2 cars while the GT500 older gen has 3 and the newer one/DTM has 4 and PD has scanned/added cars from the museum(s) previously.
Castrol Honda NSX
1 or 2 Modern sports cars.

Realistically:
1 or 2 cars from the list.
Probably 1-4 new events
Jaguar XJR-9 V12 engine swap for the XJ220
1-2 other cars that are not on the list maybe 1 of them being a Legendary car.

Last edited:

Or a 1 vs 1 race.

I fully agree with that!!!

It's a giant track in terms of environments, because you have a lot vision from up above, you need to model the whole landscape. I bet it release for GT7. Pd have been sitting on this license since GTS so it is on the way I think, just takes the longest
they are too much into circuit racing..and they would also need to bring some time attack hill climb cars too...I think we will not see full 19 km Pikes on gt game

208 t16, toyota tacoma, some couple protos, even updates for vw id r...plus there is licence for those cars..

As well, knowing how much Polyphony aims for realism in their development of tracks there are likely a number of special features they would want to develop just for Pikes Peak. For example, the effects of altitude on engine performance, which I don't believe is currently modeled. They may also want to upgrade their cloud system to something which is akin to what Guerilla did with the new Forbidden West DLC, as it is quite common to drive through the clouds at Pikes Peak and be able to see them from above atop the mountain. Also, based off the newly release GDC presentation on PD's skybox system, we can see on slide 164 that their existing system supports dynamic time and weather, but it ignores the effects of altitude on the skybox because the current altitude change in GT7 is only about 300m. In contrast the elevation change on Pikes Peak is 2250m, which is probably significant enough that they would want to add altitude as a new skybox LUT parameter.

And like you said, it's huge. The track is longer than the Nordschleife, and unlike that track you can see a lot more than mostly just trees.

As well, knowing how much Polyphony aims for realism in their development of tracks there are likely a number of special features they would want to develop just for Pikes Peak. For example, the effects of altitude on engine performance, which I don't believe is currently modeled. They may also want to upgrade their cloud system to something which is akin to what Guerilla did with the new Forbidden West DLC, as it is quite common to drive through the clouds at Pikes Peak and be able to see them from above atop the mountain. Also, based off the newly release GDC presentation on PD's skybox system, we can see on slide 164 that their existing system supports dynamic time and weather, but it ignores the effects of altitude on the skybox because the current altitude change in GT7 is only about 300m. In contrast the elevation change on Pikes Peak is 2250m, which is probably significant enough that they would want to add altitude as a new skybox LUT parameter.

And like you said, it's huge. The track is longer than the Nordschleife, and unlike that track you can see a lot more than mostly just trees.
20 km for nordschleife and 19,9 for pikes so basicly it's the same

Back