GT7 May Update Discussion

Honestly, those who are not in favor of Pikes Peak integrating in Gran Turismo, it's because they never felt the adrenaline on this track. I bought two games just for having this track. Gran Turismo is an official partner in this race, and in case it integrates it into the game, it will undoubtedly be the most crowded track.
20 km for nordschleife and 19,9 for pikes so basicly it's the same
The curves are not the same... without comparison

Hi My name is chikane can I join you on the waiting list.:( Its been a nightmare for me with the Ferrari invite so I would fully support the removal of that broken system.

Also about the may update its likely to drop on the 25th right since that's the last Thursday of may.
I had a word with my "close personal friend" Kaz. He says you can't have a Ferrari because you've been a very naughty boy running inters from the start of the money races forcing him to fix the inters and wet tyres.

I think Motegi will be a track added. Sebring would be good but since it would complete the endurance series from IMSA and be beneficial to the WEC - it can't be added.

Don't have a clue about cars. Other than we'll get 3, 4 or 5 cars..

Last edited:
Honestly, those who are not in favor of Pikes Peak integrating in Gran Turismo, it's because they never felt the adrenaline on this track. I bought two games just for having this track. Gran Turismo is an official partner in this race, and in case it integrates it into the game, it will undoubtedly be the most crowded track.

The curves are not the same... without comparison
I really hope we get Pikes Peak.
Sending some exotic cars flying off the mountain tickles my funnybones.

Pikes Peak was easily my favourite track in Dirt Rally.

imagine beside 208 peugeot t16 of loeb..and rear wing for vw id r..
they could give us this...
old smokey pikes peak 😅😅😅😁
1400 hp...owner said they could open engine and turbine up for nearly 1700 hp
Ford-F1.png

-No Endurance races added (despite the promises of... +1 year ago)
-No Championship events added
-No Missions added
-No track
-No PP for differential, suspension and gearbox fix
-You'll still need to create a design to make a basic thing like paint a car
-A few more scapes
-4-5 cars - Probably a VGT among them (been a couple or so of months since we've had one)
-3-6 short race events that are a one-time play thing and never to be done again because they have crap payouts
-1 or 2 Extra Menus

Seeing how the last couple rounds of the TGR Cup are still TBD, I bet we'll get some new stuff before that Grand Final in November. My bet is that one of those rounds will indeed use the newly-added SF23, but I think it's still TBD because the course will be new, so I think that could point to Twin Ring Motegi returning. I just hope we get the GR Corolla, as well. But maybe we could be racing with the TS020 for one of those last rounds, as well.

Features
Just one! Removal of the stupid Invitation thing! Or, at least, buy option!

It's almost a year, and I'm still waiting for the Ferrari Invitation.
If three of the most iconic cars (Enzo, LaFerrari, FXX) are still out of reach, after this very long period of playing, well I think that something is rotten in the state of Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony, whatever):grumpy:
I have been trying to get the Ferrari Invitation since GT7 was released. It's now 4/30/2023 and I still can't get the damn Ferrari Invitation. It's like PD doesn't want you to get the Ferrari Invitation. PD tries to make it look like you are about to get it with all the excitement, but the wheel spin goes to the $5000 coin pile. What a dirty ass trick.

gladiator_thumbs_down.gif

Last edited:
I have been trying to get the Ferrari Invitation since GT7 was released. It's now 4/30/2323 and I still can't get the damn Ferrari Invitation. It's like PD doesn't want you to get the Ferrari Invitation. PD tries to make it look like you are about to get it with all the excitement, but the wheel spin goes to the $5000 coin pile. What is dirty trick.

View attachment 1252405
What’s it like in 2323? I won’t be around then, so I’d like to know. Thanks!

My prediction for May update
4 cars:
BMW 2002 Turbo
BMW 2002 TI
Lexus LFA
Nismo R33 400R
A track (Motegi or Sugo)

On a side note, what I really want:
The R34 Z tune or CRS
Mine's R34
Racing interior conversion (utopic, I know)

As well, knowing how much Polyphony aims for realism in their development of tracks there are likely a number of special features they would want to develop just for Pikes Peak. For example, the effects of altitude on engine performance, which I don't believe is currently modeled. They may also want to upgrade their cloud system to something which is akin to what Guerilla did with the new Forbidden West DLC, as it is quite common to drive through the clouds at Pikes Peak and be able to see them from above atop the mountain. Also, based off the newly release GDC presentation on PD's skybox system, we can see on slide 164 that their existing system supports dynamic time and weather, but it ignores the effects of altitude on the skybox because the current altitude change in GT7 is only about 300m. In contrast the elevation change on Pikes Peak is 2250m, which is probably significant enough that they would want to add altitude as a new skybox LUT parameter.

And like you said, it's huge. The track is longer than the Nordschleife, and unlike that track you can see a lot more than mostly just trees.
If its so hard in modelling this track why are they sitting on the licence?

I say its a waste and also blatantly anti consumer.

My prediction for May update
4 cars:
BMW 2002 Turbo
BMW 2002 TI
Lexus LFA
Nismo R33 400R
A track (Motegi or Sugo)

On a side note, what I really want:
The R34 Z tune or CRS
Mine's R34
Racing interior conversion (utopic, I know)
since your name is mrhorsepower , I would like too see +1400 hp in next update ...
If its so hard in modelling this track why are they sitting on the licence?

I say its a waste and also blatantly anti consumer.
I think main problem with pikes peak, it's not circuit and PD aims for racing...time attack. is not in their mind...they also said for peugeot 208 t16 PP to get into the game..it was 2016 I think ( also they would need to have fixed gears 240 kmh max 0-100 kmh in 1,8 sec )...but peugeot motorsport doesnt want that car to be racing anywhere else then pikes peak ( if gears are fixed " at 240 kmh " car is basicly undrivable for any other circuit) ...they also had problems on dirt rally with gravel pikes it was only tarmac pikes exclusive...other that that I also hear vw id r had problems with that huge rear wing, and they would need to change gears ( pikes spec did 250 kmh max and it had 0-100 kmh in 1,65 sec)...it was only exclusive for games before 2019 before id r made nordscleife record...LICENCE PROBLEMS ALL THE WAY

but you are right, its weird they have licence but don't leave other games have track as an option...its a shame

Last edited:
nenkai posted about how there maybe a way to buy the special parts
Yes saw that on his tweeter would be nice if we get this feature soon and also for used cars dealer and legend dealer cars. Have been waiting for ultra high rpm turbo kit for longest time to put on the skylines and supra

Last edited:
I bet we'll see more rounds get added to the Super Formula event, as I recall that previous Bonus Menus usually start with three rounds, and then they usually get more over time. At the moment, the only major Japanese venue where you take the SF cars is Fuji, so I bet rounds at Suzuka and Autopolis are coming at some point - and ideally, Twin Ring Motegi if/when it returns. Maybe we'll also get rounds at other major GP venues like the Red Bull Ring, Brands Hatch, the Nurburgring GP, and Spa-Francorchamps.

By "flying off the mountains" you mean "crash into an invisible wall"?
But even then, I'd love it. Ideally in a 80'ies dirt/gravel and a modern all-tarmac version.

But as has been noted, PP wouldn't be PP without the altitude effects on (combustion) engine output and downforce and I'm still not convinced the game engine can handle that, or the big vista. At least not on PS4.

Maybe PD should talk to Guerilla studios. The vistas in Horizon Burning Shores look unbelievable, whatever you think of the game otherwise.

I have been trying to get the Ferrari Invitation since GT7 was released. It's now 4/30/2023 and I still can't get the damn Ferrari Invitation. It's like PD doesn't want you to get the Ferrari Invitation. PD tries to make it look like you are about to get it with all the excitement, but the wheel spin goes to the $5000 coin pile. What a dirty ass trick.
It will eventually come, I was waiting since last October/November, the Ferrari invitation came last week.
That said we need alternate places to receive invitations, such as random prize for doing a manufacture race, the odds could be better since you could rerun the race multiple times in a day until you received the invitation.

Waiting a half a year in my case seems a bit extreme.

It will eventually come, I was waiting since last October/November, the Ferrari invitation came last week.
That said we need alternate places to receive invitations, such as random prize for doing a manufacture race, the odds could be better since you could rerun the race multiple times in a day until you received the invitation.

Waiting a half a year in my case seems a bit extreme.
Why not a invite only ticket I mean every other prize has a ticket. Engine ticket, parts tickets why not a invite only ticket.

I know people might roll their eyes, since it’s another GT-R, but I’m really hoping the ‘07 GT-R makes it to the game. Taking the datamined list with a pinch of salt, it has been quite accurate thus far, and the GT-R was on the list of cars with steering parameters.

Hopefully the custom race bugs get fixed, but I doubt it. It’s been many months (6-8, I think?) and they’re still present. They can be worked around - well, the throttle bug, at least, the tyre bug is something you have to plan your races around - but still, it’d be nice if they fixed them.

Also really looking forward to seeing purchasable engines and special parts. Likely won’t be in May’s update, but who knows, perhaps it might.

An improved economy would be really nice, but there’s been no sign of that. The payout of the new races really is just kind of like, “really?”. Only 25k more for 5 extra laps compared to the Gr.1 Prototype Series. The Super Formula cars are faster, sure, but still, the time to credits ratio still pales in comparison to the big four.

The microtransactions aren’t even worth the money, that’s the worst part (besides their existence and affect on the game’s economy). I think the chance of them increasing payouts across the board, and in custom races, is quite slim, unfortunately. At least we have the big four.

Last edited:
Back