GT7 May Update Discussion

By "flying off the mountains" you mean "crash into an invisible wall"?
But even then, I'd love it. Ideally in a 80'ies dirt/gravel and a modern all-tarmac version.

But as has been noted, PP wouldn't be PP without the altitude effects on (combustion) engine output and downforce and I'm still not convinced the game engine can handle that, or the big vista. At least not on PS4.

Maybe PD should talk to Guerilla studios. The vistas in Horizon Burning Shores look unbelievable, whatever you think of the game otherwise.
Be careful what you wish for. PD following Guerilla's example would cause a few complaints:

"Pikes Peak coming to GT7 - on PS5 only"

You do know that PS5s are super rare and ridiculously overpriced? It's best to keep PS4 support until the PS5 becomes more accesible to the average Joe.
1683020550844.png

It's not 2021 anymore.

Last edited:
View attachment 1252839

It's not 2021 anymore.

And there are 8 billion people in the world.

Features
Just one! Removal of the stupid Invitation thing! Or, at least, buy option!

It's almost a year, and I'm still waiting for the Ferrari Invitation.
If three of the most iconic cars (Enzo, LaFerrari, FXX) are still out of reach, after this very long period of playing, well I think that something is rotten in the state of Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony, whatever):grumpy:
Fully agree but for other reasons. I already have all invitational cars and don’t want multiple of them. Please remove the invitations from the roulette tickets once you have them all (or at least an option to opt out for them).

Call me insane, but I genuinely like these monthly update discussion/prediction threads, they're always so entertaining to read. It's literally the best part of GTP's forums in my opinion.
I agree..people telling their opinnions...what should, could, would come to the game is the best!!!

You do know that PS5s are super rare and ridiculously overpriced? It's best to keep PS4 support until the PS5 becomes more accesible to the average Joe.
This may be different regionally.
From personal experience, they are basically available on demand right now, no crazy "pre-line for order" or long waiting after placing your order any more.

Sony shipped more PS5s in Q4 FY22 than anyone has ever shipped consoles in any Q4 ever.

PS2 is second at 6.1m, Nintendo DS third on 5.8m.

As many PS5s shipped in FY22 (19.1m) as in all six previous quarters since launch combined (19.3m). In total there are now just 2.2 PS4s per PS5; lifetime sales are 95% of PS4's record-breaking rate (after being 80% last summer) and PS5 hasn't yet reached the point in its life where PS4 sales really took off.

Right now, if you want a PS5, you can probably get one. All of the online stores have them available to order, with no queues or limits per customer:

1683030706602.png

Sure, they're still on the expensive side at $500, but availability and rarity aren't the issues in 2023 that they were in early 2022.

Last edited:
There should be new track this time. I wonder which one we will get :)
My bet is on Apricot Hill, as far as returning original courses go. I don’t think it’d need nearly as much in the way of updates, either. I think that unlike Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill is pretty much perfect as-is.

At the same time that Apricot Hill comes, or perhaps in an update after it, I could see there being an endurance mission set there. But unlike the Tsukuba 1hr, which is a one-make for the Mazda Roadster Touring Car, the Apricot Hill endurance could feature all the other versions of the Mazda Roadster, especially if/when the NB and NC are added.

I’m also unsure if I’d only permit the more typical version of the ND, or if I’d also allow the NR-A version. I think I’d just permit the base versions of all four iterations, since the NR-A version of the ND may offer some advantages over the more typical ND. Then again, I don’t think that would be anything a limit on PP, power, and/or weight couldn’t address.

Last edited:
This is more a "I would like from the game in any update then May"
Was playing Grid Legends for the first time yesterday and I actually had fun playing the single player campaign. Yes its arcade, but I love that whole just pick up and play and have fun aspect, something that GT7 I think just hasn't captured. Still enjoyed the GT7 single campaign but just doesn't capture that fun the older games had.

Anyway from playing Grid, a few things came from this game I wish PD would add to GT7.

Championships - I wish we had more official race series, proper championships or the ability too create championships. I know PD have made Porsche races, and the GT700, 800 series etc.. but these are just individual races. It would be nice to be able to create a proper championships.
Races Series - Love how Grid have some great official race series. Would love PD to add more official series too. I.e. Ginetta Cup, Porsche Cup, Porsche Cayman Cup, Open Wheel Series,
Race Cars - as for the above add more specific race championship cars. Ginetta, Porsche Cup Car, Formula Ford, Renault Clio Cup, Electric Race Cars and LMP cars. Outside of the Gr.1-4 cars they isn't much else in the race car category.
Tracks - Sepang, Malaysia. Been wanting this track added to GT7 since launch. Grid has track so had to do some GT3 racing there and the track is brilliant for racing.

As for other general update stuff can't believe I'm still wanting PD to add this
But give us more race options in customer races! It honestly really annoys me that you can't do simple things like set mandatory tyres, qualifying, mandatory pit stops, fuel limit, make championships and multi class races (obviously this is possible now but they is no proper separation in the classifications)
Tracks - obviously love a few other tracks added. Like to see a few classic tracks come back. One thing I see a fair bit is people asking for Pike Peak. Honestly I just don't get the fascination over it. Yeah I get it for the challenge but you can't exactly race on it.
Cars - just update to date cars. Even road cars are now ancient
PSVR2 - add a delta function. This annoys me that your unable to see the gaps between yourself and the cars around you. Just added it as an option in the MFD.
Online Daily - please add a Daily D endurance race! Give us a 40 mins race with qualifying. Also add more specific race series in the daily races. I.e Porsche Cup race in the Gr3 car or Cayman Gr4 car. Ferrari Challenge in either Gr3 or Gr4 etc... Gets boring when we just have all the Gr3 or Gr4 cars available and people just migrate to the OP cars

Last edited:
Throw in a Mazda Autozam AZ-1 ‘92 as well and you have a deal…
And for the sake of having something completely new, add the BMW Isetta.

Anyway, I'm not expecting too much. Maybe some new features like Nenkai teased (e.g. engine swap buying). Then a completely random set of unrelated cars.

I keep the odds for a new track at a solid "maybe"

Back