GT7 May Update Discussion

Just three cars ... so could be a good sighn for extra content ... engines ... races ... ooooh am excited

The nurburgring ring 24 is on today a ring endurance race should be on the cards especially as every real car in the race has grandturismo plastered all over it

The nurburgring ring 24 is on today a ring endurance race should be on the cards especially as every real car in the race has grandturismo plastered all over it
Gran Turismo (there is no "d" in it) has sponsored the race for years. It has no meaning or impact on the game.

Gran Turismo (there is no "d" in it) has sponsored the race for years. It has no meaning or impact on the game.
Screenshot_20230521-153222_Facebook-picsay.jpg

Pffft

That Alfa Romeo is beautiful! The Ford Maverick is cool i suppose, not too excited about that one, especially not if its one of those cars that comes pre-modded, like that 240z Frugu or whatever its called. I wonder what the Skyline could be tho, how different can that be compared to a modded r32 that we have in the game already?

The Ford Maverick is cool i suppose, not too excited about that one, especially not if its one of those cars that comes pre-modded, like that 240z Frugu or whatever its called.
It's exactly like that:

Excited to buy quite a few Giulia. Stock, fast road, lightly modded race car, Alfaholics style road car, full tune special... yeah I love me a Giulia!

I know it's a common wish but having watched A LOT of the Nurb 24hour... it would be very nice to replicate it with more up to date cars. Add in the current crop of LMH cars and we'd be in heaven.

Excited to buy quite a few Giulia. Stock, fast road, lightly modded race car, Alfaholics style road car, full tune special... yeah I love me a Giulia!

I know it's a common wish but having watched A LOT of the Nurb 24hour... it would be very nice to replicate it with more up to date cars. Add in the current crop of LMH cars and we'd be in heaven.
Shoot. A 2 hour multi class replayable mission or race at the ring where you could complete in different classes would be a blast.

And why the missions in general aren’t replayable for credits is beyond me. That lago maggiore mission is probably the hardest SP race I’ve ever done in GT. Literally no room for mistakes whatsoever

And why the missions in general aren’t replayable for credits is beyond me. That lago maggiore mission is probably the hardest SP race I’ve ever done in GT. Literally no room for mistakes whatsoever
All 8 of those hour long races should have been events instead of missions. They had challenging AI. They had interesting car restrictions. They were fun. And at 1.2mil credits per hour they wouldn't even "power creep" the other grind races.

I can't see a good reason why PD made them one and done missions.

Shoot. A 2 hour multi class replayable mission or race at the ring where you could complete in different classes would be a blast.

The Lago Mission from GT Sport would have been perfect in GT7. Multi-class and 30 cars. Add multiple cars like the one at La Sierra.

Me too, I'm really looking forward to the Giulia, here's hoping we can remove the chrome bumpers, and maybe have a 2 and 4 headlight option etc.!

I'll definitely also be buying at least 3 or 4 of them for the different options, I hope the widebody is the proper GTAm style!

The Maverick will be another pointless car, but maybe fun, who knows, perhaps they now have enough 1000bhp+ tuner cars to make some race events for them :D

All 8 of those hour long races should have been events instead of missions. They had challenging AI. They had interesting car restrictions. They were fun. And at 1.2mil credits per hour they wouldn't even "power creep" the other grind races.

I can't see a good reason why PD made them one and done missions.

Absolutely, it seems completely arbitrary to not make the missions repay, especially the human comedy missions, it's not as if the game is overflowing with race options so to make so many decent races have zero payout seems foolish.

Absolutely, it seems completely arbitrary to not make the missions repay, especially the human comedy missions, it's not as if the game is overflowing with race options so to make so many decent races have zero payout seems foolish.

Oh god. Yes. I love human comedy missions. Too bad we can’t replay them for money.

Is there an issue with the handling since the/a recent update? I'm using my Megan RS Trophy '11 in the European Clubman up 600 and I'm finding it really difficult under braking. Watched the replay back to see what was happening and the front is compressing ridiculously, de-stabilising the whole car. I've done the Sardegna race three times this evening and I managed to flip the Megane front-ways onto its lid braking for the final left-hander.

If/when we get new Extra Menus, I don't think they'll really involve these new cars that much, since I don't think we'll get a menu just for a trio of SEMA cars and there's already an Alfa Romeo menu in the "main set."

The only exception, I think, could be that R32 GT-R Nismo, which could be part of a Nismo-themed menu alongside the R35 GT-R Nismo, and either one of the GT3-spec R35s or the GT-R LM Nismo LMP1. But if there is going to be a Nismo menu, I'd much rather have this R32 Nismo be put in with the Nismo 400R and the Skyline GT-R (R33) LM Road Going Version. (I don't even think we need the newer Nismo-branded cars, like the Z34 or the Sentra.)

Anyway, my bet is still on getting Extra Menus based on the following motifs, at least eventually if not in this update:

-Le Mans 2016
-V12 Lamborghini Models (I'd really only want this one if/when we get the Miura SV, if only to have a Miura that's both more affordable and has more colors than the prototype.)
-Group C
-Pininfarina
-Bertone
-Giugiaro
-Zagato
-McLaren (Though I'd appreciate it if we got quite a few more models, the "regular" P1 being an obvious example. The alternative would be forcing us to buy the 12C, the 650S...and the road-going F1.)
-Aston Martin (Similar to above, we really could use more models, like the Valkyrie, the 2007 Vanquish S, the DBS Superleggera, etc.)
-Jaguar (Also similar to above, I think it'd be great if we could at least get the XKR from the late 90s/early 00s, as well as the one from the mid/late-00s.)
-Mazda Roadster (Ideally, once we get the NB and NC models.)
-Kei Cars (Though I'm unsure if we'd get an Extra Menu since we already had a Bonus Menu for this motif.)
-Hyundai (We really would need both the Veloster N and Elantra N first, though - maybe even the Pony concept from the 70s.)
-Acura (With ideally the Integra Type R from 2000, the new Integra Type-S, and either the NSX Type-S or TLX Type-S.)
-Audi (We really need that original road-going Quattro, though, as well as others like the road-going RS5.)
-TVR (If they can re-create the Pikes Peak-spec Escudo, I think PD can re-create the road-going Cerbera Speed 12, and maybe even add the GT1 racecar as a Gr.3 racer.)
-JGTC GT500 (Especially once we get the Honda Castrol Mugen NSX!)

There were other ideas I had, but I'll spare you the speculation.

Last edited:
If/when we get new Extra Menus, I don't think they'll really involve these new cars that much, since I don't think we'll get a menu just for a trio of SEMA cars and there's already an Alfa Romeo menu in the "main set."

The only exception, I think, could be that R32 GT-R Nismo, which could be part of a Nismo-themed menu alongside the R35 GT-R Nismo, and either one of the GT3-spec R35s or the GT-R LM Nismo LMP1. But if there is going to be a Nismo menu, I'd much rather have this R32 Nismo be put in with the Nismo 400R and the Skyline GT-R (R33) LM Road Going Version. (I don't even think we need the newer Nismo-branded cars, like the Z34 or the Sentra.)

Anyway, my bet is still on getting Extra Menus based on the following motifs, at least eventually if not in this update:

-Le Mans 2016
-V12 Lamborghini Models (I'd really only want this one if/when we get the Miura SV, if only to have a Miura that's both more affordable and has more colors than the prototype.)
-Group C
-Pininfarina
-Bertone
-Giugiaro
-Zagato
-McLaren (Though I'd appreciate it if we got quite a few more models, the "regular" P1 being an obvious example. The alternative would be forcing us to buy the 12C, the 650S...and the road-going F1.)
-Aston Martin (Similar to above, we really could use more models, like the Valkyrie, the 2007 Vanquish S, the DBS Superleggera, etc.)
-Jaguar (Also similar to above, I think it'd be great if we could at least get the XKR from the late 90s/early 00s, as well as the one from the mid/late-00s.)
-Mazda Roadster (Ideally, once we get the NB and NC models.)
-Kei Cars (Though I'm unsure if we'd get an Extra Menu since we already had a Bonus Menu for this motif.)
-Hyundai (We really would need both the Veloster N and Elantra N first, though - maybe even the Pony concept from the 70s.)
-Acura (With ideally the Integra Type R from 2000, the new Integra Type-S, and either the NSX Type-S or TLX Type-S.)
-Audi (We really need that original road-going Quattro, though, as well as others like the road-going RS5.)
-TVR (If they can re-create the Pikes Peak-spec Escudo, I think PD can re-create the road-going Cerbera Speed 12, and maybe even add the GT1 racecar as a Gr.3 racer.)
-JGTC GT500 (Especially once we get the Honda Castrol Mugen NSX!)

There were other ideas I had, but I'll spare you the speculation.
Oh those menus focusing on the design studios is a great idea👍
And yeah, there’s a lot of car variants that could be added, especially that Miura. While I like that Prototype too, it bothers me that this one is a lot lighter than the production version, I would like to have a regular Miura too.

Oh those menus focusing on the design studios is a great idea👍
Indeed! Especially if they add stuff like the Pininfarina Battista, the Italdesign Zerouno, the Bertone GB110, the Zagato IsoRivolta GTZ, and so on.
And yeah, there’s a lot of car variants that could be added, especially that Miura. While I like that Prototype too, it bothers me that this one is a lot lighter than the production version, I would like to have a regular Miura too.
Right, but I know PD will pick relatively carefully. I'd want variants that offer something interesting, not just aesthetically or in terms of stats, but also in the context of history. What's nice, is that still opens things up to a large variety of variants, both more specialized models like the Nismo 400R, or broader stuff like the "regular" McLaren P1 or the BMW M8 Competition.

A bit early to say, considering we don't know what else is coming.

Playstation Poland posted update trailer on facebook a little bit too early. Unfortubately no new track

Playstation Polska Wrote: "Update 1.34 arrives in Gran Turismo 7 with 3 new cars, an additional cafe menu and more 🏎️!"
That "and more" better be what we hoped for xD....

Did anyone else wonder "why is this May trailer set to a cover of the chorus of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" for the first five seconds before the rest of the music kicked in or am I just hearing things.

Latest Posts

Back