GT7 Screen Flickering

• Thread starter Jack Hung
  • 9 comments
Taiwan
Taiwan
Hello all, I recently bought a new PS5 Slim, and I encountered this issue, and it only happened when playing GT7 PS5 version, PS4 version works fine, and so is other PS5 games such as COD or Control. So I'm pretty sure it's not the SSD's problem, also the game was installed on internal drive, not extra one.

Resolution is set to 1080p, VRR disable, GT7 video settings is frame rate priority.

Is there anyone having same issue like this?

Error code is CE-108262-9, I tried rebuilding database and resetting to factory.

Or maybe I just need to wait for PD's next update and see if anything resolved?

Thank you all in advance.

Link for video:

Hello all, I recently bought a new PS5 Slim, and I encountered this issue, and it only happened when playing GT7 PS5 version, PS4 version works fine, and so is other PS5 games such as COD or Control. So I'm pretty sure it's not the SSD's problem, also the game was installed on internal drive, not extra one.

Resolution is set to 1080p, VRR disable, GT7 video settings is frame rate priority.

Is there anyone having same issue like this?

Error code is CE-108262-9, I tried rebuilding database and resetting to factory.

Or maybe I just need to wait for PD's next update and see if anything resolved?

Thank you all in advance.

Link for video:

Hmm, visual artefacts like that remind me of failing/faulty GPUs. If you’ve tried all the recommended advice from Sony, might be worth getting it replaced.

The PS4 version is running under an emulation layer so it could be that the PS5 version, which is using every part of the PS5 GPU, and also being closer to the maximum output, could be why the issue is only showing on the PS5 version.

With that said, definitely follow professional advice that you can find from verified/official sources, and I think it’s worth waiting for more knowledgable people than I to add their thoughts to the thread to help diagnose the problem.

Hmm, visual artefacts like that remind me of failing/faulty GPUs. If you’ve tried all the recommended advice from Sony, might be worth getting it replaced.

The PS4 version is running under an emulation layer so it could be that the PS5 version, which is using every part of the PS5 GPU, and also being closer to the maximum output, could be why the issue is only showing on the PS5 version.

With that said, definitely follow professional advice that you can find from verified/official sources, and I think it’s worth waiting for more knowledgable people than I to add their thoughts to the thread to help diagnose the problem.
Yeah, in the beginning I thought it was GPU issues, however on other PS5 version games there's no flickering, such as Control (ray traced mode) or COD, that's why I couldn't figure out what's wrong with my console.

But I'm still considering sending it to check if it's really issues with GPU, thank you.

Yeah, in the beginning I thought it was GPU issues, however on other PS5 version games there's no flickering, such as Control (ray traced mode) or COD, that's why I couldn't figure out what's wrong with my console.

But I'm still considering sending it to check if it's really issues with GPU, thank you.
No worries, friend.

Perhaps it’s just something that GT7 does on the coding side that the other games don’t, and that’s bringing out the issues. I’m no developer so I’m just guessing based on what seems like it could be happening. Given you’ve already rebuilt the database and reset it to factory defaults.

A couple of other things to rule out:

Does it happen only when the console is woken up from rest mode?

Adding on to that, if the console is powered on from standby, does it work correctly?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?

Last edited:
No worries, friend.

Perhaps it’s just something that GT7 does on the coding side that the other games don’t, and that’s bringing out the issues. I’m no developer so I’m just guessing based on what seems like it could be happening. Given you’ve already rebuilt the database and reset it to factory defaults.

A couple of other things to rule out:

Does it happen only when the console is woken up from rest mode?

Adding on to that, if the console is powered on from standby, does it work correctly?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?
I don't use rest mode, I turn off my console every time.

And yes, I've deleted and reinstalled the game three times and this still happened 🥲

I don't use rest mode, I turn off my console every time.

And yes, I've deleted and reinstalled the game three times and this still happened 🥲
Damn. I’m out of suggestions (and I got those from the PlayStation error code page and Reddit). Might be worth contacting PlayStation Support and seeing what they say.

Cable labels are very important. This kind of thing happened to me too. It was because of HDMI.

1719211830531.png
1719211904066.png

Last edited:
I thought of this too, I'm using the cable that comes with the console in the box, will get another cable to try today, thanks.
The cable in the box is HDMI 2.1.
If it was faulty, I dont think it would show in the way your video does, though switching and testing shouldnt be much of a problem.
I think it is much more likely, that the console hardware is faulty and - for some reason - the error currently only shows with GT7.
Years ago, I had an absolutely similar case in which my PC RAM was faulty and only a single game would cause a crash, but as long as I didnt start this game, the PC could be running 24/7 and doing any kinds of tasks or games.

The cable in the box is HDMI 2.1.
If it was faulty, I dont think it would show in the way your video does, though switching and testing shouldnt be much of a problem.
I think it is much more likely, that the console hardware is faulty and - for some reason - the error currently only shows with GT7.
Years ago, I had an absolutely similar case in which my PC RAM was faulty and only a single game would cause a crash, but as long as I didnt start this game, the PC could be running 24/7 and doing any kinds of tasks or games.
I've tried switching cables, even on different monitor, and it still only happened on PS5 version of GT7. Other games are all fine.

Pretty certain this is hardware issue at this point, since if the reason is the game itself, then other players should have the same issue, however this only happened to me.

I'm contacting the shop which sold me the console for repair or get it changed, and see if this solves the problems.

Back