GT7 SVG request thread.

• Thread starter daan
  • 5,334 comments
A question for you experts at converting photos to decals: I have jpg photos of a couple hundred racing decals from the 50's, 60's and 70's. All of them are American companies who were sponsors or built speed equipment and other racing products during that era. Most are related to Drag Racing but those people supplied products for all forms of racing. Now that GT7 has given us cars of that era, I was wondering if someone would like to take on the task of making SVG's out of them?

Here are a few examples:

Attachments

• Decal-In-N-Out1.jpg
    Decal-In-N-Out1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Decal-McCullochSupercharger2.JPG
    Decal-McCullochSupercharger2.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Decal-Isky7.jpg
    Decal-Isky7.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 14
  • Decal-KeithBlack1.jpg
    Decal-KeithBlack1.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 12
Hello everybody!

I am trying to recreate the R5 Turbo from Wolfgang Schütz(Nr. 3)

schütz 2.jpeg

schütz 1.jpeg

...and to do so, I need the "Air Press" decal!

Can someone help me?

Unfortunatly I only have those Photos and can't find that logo/lettering anywhere else...

Hello everybody!

View attachment 1312897
View attachment 1312898

Can someone help me?

Unfortunatly I only have those Photos and can't find that logo/lettering anywhere else...
I'm a big fan of your dediction to this project!

Those decals can drive you mad as there are so many companies nobody knows then and especially now.

Didn't found anything on Google, tried to reconstruct the decal with photo and I failed.

I checked precisely 1610 fonts and only one was halfway close with that special "S"

Maybe you find a way with creative stretching, making the red shadow with a second decal under the white one and so on based on this:

Screenshot_20231218_234545_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• image2vector (2).svg
    9.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello everybody!

View attachment 1312897
View attachment 1312898

Can someone help me?

Ok. So I did some digging and was able to find some better reference photos and what AIRPRESS actually was. By googling “Wolfgang Schutz racecar” I found that he also drove a BMW M1 from there I searched for “Wolfgang Schutz BMW M1” and found good reference shots on cars. I also noticed “wind deflector” on the cars. Then searching “Air Press Wind Deflector” I found some for sale on eBay with the original packaging.

I used a photo of that to redraw it in illustrator.

It‘s not perfect, but it’s close. I have attached a couple SVG’s.

Attachments

• AirPress1.svg
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AirPress2.svg
    10.1 KB · Views: 13
Would it be possible to get this logo converted to svg?

Attachments

• IMG_9625.jpeg
    IMG_9625.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ok. So I did some digging and was able to find some better reference photos and what AIRPRESS actually was. By googling “Wolfgang Schutz racecar” I found that he also drove a BMW M1 from there I searched for “Wolfgang Schutz BMW M1” and found good reference shots on cars. I also noticed “wind deflector” on the cars. Then searching “Air Press Wind Deflector” I found some for sale on eBay with the original packaging.

I used a photo of that to redraw it in illustrator.

It‘s not perfect, but it’s close. I have attached a couple SVG’s.
Thank you so much, that's awesome!
That is exactly the one I was looking for...

After some requieries I got a photo sent from the 1982 race program for the german Grand Prix:

R5 Turbo Schütz (1).jpg

It says "Windabweiser" below the air press logo, which is "wind deflector" in german...I found some for sale too, but with different lettering and logo...

After X-mas I will find some time and do the livery, to add it as the 21st cars for my "Best of R5 Turbe Europacup"-grid, right now my work situation is too busy...

Can anyone please help with this one?
I've tried and I failed to get anything good out of this one, sorry. The gradients are too much for my methods.

Do you have another picture of this logo?

Hope some of the magicans of this board can have a look at that, too.

Attachments

• 1000018120.svg
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
I've tried and I failed to get anything good out of this one, sorry. The gradients are too much for my methods.

Do you have another picture of this logo?

Hope some of the magicans of this board can have a look at that, too.
I really do appreciate you guys and all you do, and I’m sorry for not getting a better pic to work with.

Servus,

I remember that in GT Sport days, there was a site to generate number plates. At least from some countries.

Is there something similar available meanwhile? How do you make your plates?

Requesting the number circle used by the scrapped Mini Cooper S Tuned Car from 2009 GT5 builds (without number):
1704140322033.png

As well as the 1996 Team Mitsubishi Ralliart Indonesia (TMRI) logo on the hood. (Would have asked the 1997 one but the only photo I have from that, as posted in the GT Sport scapes thread, wasn't clear enough).
TMRI logo.jpg

Back