GT7 SVG request thread.

• Thread starter daan
  • 5,353 comments
I think you were kindly asked for patience.

Grab yourself a cool drink, make your self comfortable and wait.

If and when your decals are crafted, you will be the first to get a notification.

Unitil then I recommend to have a look at the awesome tutorials in this forum, how you can make your own 15kb SVG artwork.

:gtpflag:
Ahh I see, I’ve been trying to do them myself but I just can’t figure out anything and it’s frustrating me!
I won’t lie, I’m not very good with computers and tech in general!
But thank you for clarifying. I wasn’t sure if they could be done or not! I’m new to this forum I’ve asked once before for help but not sure how it all works!
So thank you 🙏🏻

Ahh I see, I’ve been trying to do them myself but I just can’t figure out anything and it’s frustrating me!
But thank you for clarifying. I wasn’t sure if they could be done or not! I’m new to this forum I’ve asked once before for help but not sure how it all works!
So thank you 🙏🏻
Let´s take the time and talk about my lord and saviour, the 0,5 Level Support or "Auto-Tracing".

This is how I make it:

1. I save the picture I want to convert.
2. Go to https://www.pngtosvg.com/

Choose your file and load it up
Screenshot 2024-01-09 143344.png

Count the colours and reduce to them. The "simplify" button can be useful, if you are trying to get down in file size, as GT has a 15kb limit.
Now we want to have the decal without white, makes it more useful. Click into the white colour checkbox and delete it. A white background could also be added later in the livery editor if neccessary, but I think that´s the way you want it. Now download it!

3. Go to https://xerocho.github.io/svgomg/

Load up your created file and set "Compare gzipped" to on. You want to be below under 15kb! Also you can adjust the Precision if neccessary.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 143916.png

Download your file

4. Upload your decal at GT7 on your site.

That´s how I make my decals. Be creative and choose simple things, you will get a hang on that method sooner or later.

Attached the file for the RS Owners Club.

Have a great day!

Edit: This only works with VERY simple things, as soon as you try to make more complicated things or even gradients you can completely forget about it. Then you need to make them manually how the Masters of this thread have already explained.

Attachments

• image2vector (13) (1).svg
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Load up your created file and set "Compare gzipped" to on
This just compares your original filesize with an SVG file that's been compressed using Gzip. It tells you a smaller file size assuming it's going to be compressed, which it isn't, as such you don't achieve that file size.

In your screen cap it shows a Gzipped size of 6.09kb, where as the file you've posted is 12.3kb

You need it to be under 15kb NOT Gzipped.

This just compares your original filesize with an SVG file that's been compressed using Gzip. It tells you a smaller file size assuming it's going to be compressed, which it isn't, as such you don't achieve that file size.

In your screen cap it shows a Gzipped size of 6.09kb, where as the file you've posted is 12.3kb

You need it to be under 15kb NOT Gzipped.
Thanks for clarification!

So thank you 🙏🏻
I would add to the info about auto tracing, that if you download a free vector app you can clean it up even more. Within a few weeks of learning what .svg was, I was putting out some good product. My journey is all here on gtplanet, find an app and watch some tutorials.

Last edited:
Autotrace when looking closely at the results are nearly always shockingly bad I think. Even for fairly basic stuff & especially with pixelated or really small detail, like text.

The last "quick" one I did was yesterday, the autotrace was bad, so I had to go in and clean it up, straighten anchor points, use an astute graphic plugin to check & remove an amount of anchors, bad or unnecessary anchors.

So I still ended up with guides, and manually "fixing" it, would have in the end been quicker to just make it manually. Considering it's a free service, I think most "realistic" requests are done in good time here.

I do sometimes take on a more complex request and manually do the whole thing, but it can be quite the commitment for how long it can take.

I think the issues is mainly people are not understanding what they are asking for, and probably think it's all quick and easy.
The real issue for me is the 15kb limit, even using SVGOMG turned to 11, I've had to go back into inkscape and delete paths just to get anywhere near 20kb. the limit is very restrictive. 30kb would've been a hell of a lot better IMO

I would add to the info about auto tracing, that if you download a free vector app you can clean it up even more. Within a few weeks of learning what .svg was, I was putting out some good product. My journey is all here on gtplanet, find an app and watch some tutorials.
Do you have recommendations?

Thank you everyone for your insight and tips it’s been very useful

Let´s take the time and talk about my lord and saviour, the 0,5 Level Support or "Auto-Tracing".

This is how I make it:

1. I save the picture I want to convert.
2. Go to https://www.pngtosvg.com/

Choose your file and load it up View attachment 1317865

Count the colours and reduce to them. The "simplify" button can be useful, if you are trying to get down in file size, as GT has a 15kb limit.
Now we want to have the decal without white, makes it more useful. Click into the white colour checkbox and delete it. A white background could also be added later in the livery editor if neccessary, but I think that´s the way you want it. Now download it!

3. Go to https://xerocho.github.io/svgomg/

Load up your created file and set "Compare gzipped" to on. You want to be below under 15kb! Also you can adjust the Precision if neccessary.

View attachment 1317868

Download your file

4. Upload your decal at GT7 on your site.

That´s how I make my decals. Be creative and choose simple things, you will get a hang on that method sooner or later.

Attached the file for the RS Owners Club.

Have a great day!

Edit: This only works with VERY simple things, as soon as you try to make more complicated things or even gradients you can completely forget about it. Then you need to make them manually how the Masters of this thread have already explained.
Thank you very much I have tried this and have done ok but can’t get the files to shrink enough

Thank you everyone for your insight and tips it’s been very useful
This is the first one

edit: couldn't be bothered to do the Ford logo in the middle, it'll likely only be pixels anyway but I'm sure if necessary you can just use an existing decal and place it over the place holder.

edit 2: quick time lapse @10× of making it. Capture software was only set to the application not the desktop, so you can't see me check the size and using SVG OMG at the end.

Attachments

• FocusRS.svg
    13.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Inkscape is a popular free svg desktop software, I started using it originally before moving over to Illustrator
Oh, I'm too much a Computer Noob, I thought Apps are only on Smartphones and you know something I haven't realized yet :scared:

I started with vectornator, in Beta, now it has become a paid app called Linearity Curve. I am not sure if it is pay once or a subscription, I was invited, as a Beta user, to continue in the low plan for free. I also have dabbled with Affinity Design, it was $20us and is very powerful compared to Curve. I like Curve due to its ease of use for non experienced users. It lacks a few things but is almost perfect for this application
Do you have recommendations?

This is the first one

edit: couldn't be bothered to do the Ford logo in the middle, it'll likely only be pixels anyway but I'm sure if necessary you can just use an existing decal and place it over the place holder.

edit 2: quick time lapse @10× of making it. Capture software was only set to the application not the desktop, so you can't see me check the size and using SVG OMG at the end.

This is incredible work thank you so much dude! I have been trying to sort this one out but just couldn’t get the little details right and it was really bugging me so thank you ☺️

Thank you so much I have just finished the video and it’s amazing how you manage this kinda stuff it’s blown my tiny mind! I don’t realise how much went into these things! Thank you I really appreciate you and your effort and most importantly your time thank you again 🙌🏻☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
@fersumall

This is the second one, as before, you can add a Ford Oval over the place holder if you need the detail, but I'd never get it under 15kb in one decal.

Attachments

• FocusRSclub.svg
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
Is anyone able to do this in yellow, but with keeping the black outlines, and having the centre of the zeros 'empty?' so that the car paint will be visible. Thank you
1000019528.png

Any chance of these (Without the 'coming soon' if possible)?

Big thanks in advance.
Any joy on these? Seem to have got lost in the back and forth that followed, along with another couple of users requests as well.

Attachments

• 1696913359-baby-monster-coming-soon-02.jpg
    1696913359-baby-monster-coming-soon-02.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 9
  • babymonster___batter_up_by_pinka_boo_boo_dgi6rvf-375w.png
    babymonster___batter_up_by_pinka_boo_boo_dgi6rvf-375w.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 9
Any joy on these? Seem to have got lost in the back and forth that followed, along with another couple of users requests as well.
Here you go. Also made a second version of BATTER UP where the white outline is transparent.

Attachments

• BABYMONSTER_1.svg
    3.4 KB · Views: 10
  • BATTER_UP_trans_1.svg
    5.6 KB · Views: 11
  • BATTER_UP_1.svg
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
I direct myself to the gradient wizards this time.

I need help with this decal please.

Looks good in inkscape, looks good on the gt7 website, doesn't look good in game.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• stars gradient a.svg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10

Attachments

• japan-white.svg
    3.6 KB · Views: 11
  • jrm-racing.svg
    2.5 KB · Views: 11
  • jrm-red.svg
    1,021 bytes · Views: 6
  • nismo-competition.svg
    4.7 KB · Views: 9
Hello , I have made to remove background to this logoes if any one would be so kind? appreciate for the helpView attachment 1317375
I've done these 4, the other 2 are a bit too pixelated & small, If you could get bigger better images I could do them for you, if I have the time.

Attachments

• gundam-1-06.svg
    11.3 KB · Views: 10
  • gundam-1-05.svg
    4.4 KB · Views: 10
  • gundam-1-03.svg
    6.2 KB · Views: 11
  • gundam-1-01.svg
    2.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi, I'm after 3 drivers names being made (individually, not as one block) please in the exact style as shown. I do not need the flags. The lower name is not shown in full, it is Simmenauer.
Screenshot_20240111_235900_Chrome.jpg

Back