GTEs are Ace, but Aces drive GTOs, from Monday 6th November

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 160 comments
so will be on the Bannochbrae grid with you all!
Ah, I'll have to cancel the Caribbean cruise I'd booked in the meantime then. 😉

yesterday raeggee invited me for a few more late night laps.
I nearly joined you but didn't spot you were playing until it was a bit late.

I got a few races in with ACC instead. It's really good on the PS5. A shame not everyone has it, or a PS5. I'd consider running something in it otherwise.

unless other GTOs are way better
The Audi (and a few others) are a bit wild. The Lambo, while not a nimble shopping car, is pretty good though.

I concur that the GTOs are a pretty severe handicap Mario. However, they have four saving graces...

Anyone using them has already accumulated a lot of points.

They're very quick, so will probably pick up a place or two immediately on the start.

They're very quick, so passing them on a straight in any of the GTEs is out of the question.

They're utterly, utterly, utterly bonkers, and I can't stop grinning like a loon whenever I'm 'controlling' one.

Checked date of my op' & it's the 4th., December, Monday. Actually.
Good job you checked otherwise you'd have turned up a day late. Nevermind, you'll be able to see the calendar more clearly after your op. 😉

Results from Round 3 at Bannochbrae.

Qualifying:
Qualifying.jpg

Race 1:
Race 1.jpg

Race 2:
Race 2.jpg

Race 3:
Race 3.jpg

Standings:
Monday Scoreboard.jpg

Ooh, new premium upgrade score cards. 😄
I had not captured race 3 successfully and when looking if it might still show in the app, discovered that I can access all previous sessions on their website. That will save me having to rip off gloves at the end of each race to try and screenshot the results and email them to myself; not easy when I come last!

If you are interested in your tyre temperatures or average lap speed, let me know; all sorts of data available.

Thanks @half_sourly that's impressive! Not sure what the litle up and down arrows mean (I thought positions gained or lost from start but that can't be, raeggee qualified 3rd for race 1, ended that race 3rd also but he has a up arrow with a number 5).

Now, I'd like a re-think of the rules. I am usually a good qualifier, when going alone I'm not so prone to silly mistakes as I am while racing others. This has given me a sizable advantage (45 points so far, with xeronima, raeggee and zolon getting 8 each). As per the initial rules there was an handicap related to this (the "strikes") but now we haven't that. If we reinstate that rule I'll be moved to the GTO class (3 poles + 3wins), which I think is fair. It bugs me that @Zolon32, because of 6*2nd places, has to move to GTO while I still have both the Ferrari and the BMW for not-Suzuka.

Not sure what the litle up and down arrows mean (I thought positions gained or lost from start but that can't be, raeggee qualified 3rd for race 1, ended that race 3rd also but he has a up arrow with a number 5).
It appears to be an error, unless he had a very bad start and dropped to the back. This is one of the graphs for race 1 and shows him starting last, hence the 5 places gained - he is the one with circles on the line.

1700572276325.png

If you are interested in your tyre temperatures or average lap speed, let me know; all sorts of data available.
Interesting, but we don't want to grow tentacles over here. You've got enough on your hands with the TTs.

You're a glove wearer as well then. Mine have the thumb and forefinger exposed so I can poke things if needed. Usually buttons.

Now, I'd like a re-think of the rules.
I think I mucked it up a little when I said it'd be a good idea to extend the series until Christmas.

Hmm, perhaps we could have points for most positions gained during a race sometime.

We'll see what Zolon decides. I'm good either way just thought I should bring this up.

Meanwhile I was wondering how the handicaps are now, here's my take and also my doubts:

Zolon - Ace driver, all GTOs allowed

Myself - FordGT, Corvette, Porsche, Aston Martin

half sourly - Corvette, FordGT, ??? (don't know what car was used for the win in race 2)

raeggee - FordGT

Paul - FordGT, ??? (don't know what car was used for the win in race 3)

xeronima - Corvette

beachboy - Porsche

??? - Corvette

For easy access, I've altered my 1st post in the thread (#2) to show the championship table and excluded cars. I must remember to keep it updated.

Nice, although the way you put it it seems it's the cars that are handicapped :D

About the Nissans, I guess both are the same car (unless the game has some differences built into each of them). It is the Nissan ZX300 used, with great success in the IMSA championship (GTO class, later called GTS) ...

1700656873952.png

... that Nissan decided to bring to Le Mans in 1994, just adding a LOT of headlights into the bodywork (The organizers at Le Mans had opened the race to the IMSA GTS class, and the Nissan duly won, making 5th overall which is very impressive)

1700656987985.png

Last edited:
although the way you put it it seems it's the cars that are handicapped
With me driving them that is often the case. 🙂

I hadn't realised it but yes, the two Nissans are essentially the same car.

Checked date of my op' & it's the 4th., December, Monday. Actually.
I'm going to presume that your Surgeon would frown upon you racing that evening then Old. However, in the long run it's got to be good news. I think that Raeggee has undergone a similar procedure recently, and that old bugger can go like hell (now that he can see).

If we reinstate that rule I'll be moved to the GTO class (3 poles + 3wins), which I think is fair. It bugs me that @Zolon32, because of 6*2nd places, has to move to GTO while I still have both the Ferrari and the BMW for not-Suzuka.
I'm happy to do that Mario; I think you'll love the nasty ****ards. So, from now on, any pole position reduces the number of GTE cars available. i.e. if a driver has been banned from four GTE's through coming 1st/2nd, but has also had two pole positions, there will still be two GTE cars he/she (Maria?) hasn't come 1st or 2nd with, but that driver will still need to migrate to the GTOs forthwith.
Handicap excluded cars.

GTE
Ford - Zolon, Mario, Half, Raeggae, Paul.
Ferrari - Zolon, Half,
Porsche - Zolon, Mario, Beachboy.
Aston - Zolon, Mario.
BMW - Zolon.
Chevy - Zolon, Mario, Half, Paul, Xero.

GTO
Porsche 959 -
Ferrari F40 -
Audi -
Lamborghini -
Nissan 300ZX Le Mans GTS -
Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS -

Ford Mustang Cobra -

Zolon - Ace driver. Currently all GTOs allowed

Loving this bit of admin Paul. Thanks very much.

@half_sourly
Love ALL your admin Half, even if I find it an information overload :dunce:

The meeting at Sakitto will be set at 7th June, 2.00pm.

To be perfectly honest, there's no guarantee that Mario isn't going to put a GTO on pole, but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Races 2 and 3, where we're doing a reverse grid, we will begin racing as we leave the second Degner corner, which is the tight right hander immediately before we go under the bridge.

Great racing last night, my personal highlight was a multi-lap battle (that I lost) with @IfAndOr in Race 1. For those that don't check the PSN App here's a crude video (basically I saved the replay then streamed what I was watching). First the full two laps prior to race end. Then I checked just the last lap but always from outside view. We crossed the line with 0,060 to spare!

I guess the handicap did its job yesterday, although the last race result was a bit unexpected. I think the GTE crew got a litle distracted with their own fight and that allowed us in the GTO rocketships to escape them. It also helped that the race was a short one and that the reverse grid thingy worked as a "couterhandicap".

So, farewell Nascar Ford, I'll miss you, am sure Mugello will be a wreck fest for me in one of those other cars from hell. And HUUUGE respect is due to @Zolon32 , he drove masterfully two of those, especially impressive his win with the F40 and its blasted Turbo engine.

Also a shout out to my old pal raeggee, he kept the pole positions an entirely portuguese affair, and he was the only one that entered (and did it with two different cars) the 1.40s. Pity that last place in Race 3, your points haul could have been even better yesterday.

Still, 3rd in the table, and you won 11 points from @Zolon32 (and 14 from me). Considering you are exactly 11 points behind Zolon now and that you only have 3 strikes (2 cars and 1 pole position) ... I guess you are a worry to us.

Also worthy of notice the impressive points tally from @xeronima I guess it's a new record. With 3 strikes to spare (all car related, but any GTE is great so it doesn't matter much).

But evereyone did great, really. Pity that we are doing half grids nowadays, I guess many moved on but still ... this game still has a lot to offer.

Roll on Mugello. That long straight should give the GTOs a break, but everything alse is just cornering up and down so I reckon it'll be very hard to keep up in a GTO. Or even to keep a GTO on track, lol!

EDIT - @IfAndOr I see you edited post #2. However I think it's missing there the fact that raeggee has 3 "strikes". With the way you ordered the table per car you can't put it there like you did with me (because you don't know what GTE car raeggee will not race before moving to GTO) so I suggest you re-introduce a "strike" table to complement the handicap-by-car one. Where Zolon and I have 6 each (no need to add strikes after we moved to GTO, that info remains in the "cars table"), xero and raeggee have 3, etc

Last edited:
He's certainly built up a capable team (even Reiza (AMS2) is involved) so hopefully they'll produce something very decent. By all accounts it's going to be a successor to GTR and GTR2 with some PCars sprinkled into the mix. Some interesting cars and tracks already announced.

And as I said, certainly looking good. 😉
GTR2.jpg
GTR.jpg

@Hun200kmh I've tweaked post two a little. Might make it clearer.

Last edited:
All those interior pics mean VR I guess. Love the concept, but can't stand more than a few seconds of it before becoming nauseated!

@IfAndOr I saw your edits, it's better that way I think.

I'll try to do some practise tonight. Yesterday I tried the Nissan, it is a turbo powered beast that is to be driven with the use of the throttle, LOL. Of course raeggee in a Corvette destroyed my best laptime by over 2 seconds, so I guess the handicap works as intended. Want to try the Audi, that car fascinates me! :dopey:

audi-90-quattro-imsa-gto-85208.jpg

And HUUUGE respect is due to @Zolon32
Thank you very much Mario. I wasn't so much driving the Ferrari, as having an affair with it: man I love that motor. However, I do think that, no matter how much fun the GTOs are, I believe that I'm going to bleed lots of points at Mugello, Brno and... wherever we're going after that. The handicap is indeed going to do its job.

By the way, the date will be set at 8th May at Mugello, 2:00pm again.

And, I'll try to arrange things so that the third race is long enough to give the folks who start at the back have a chance to mork their way into contention.

And, given the fact that the game automatically places the GTOs behind the GTEs irrespective of their qualifying times, I would like us, for the first race, to roll steadily down the straight at the finish, whilst getting into the correct grid positions as per the lap times. Then, we start racing as we leave the first corner.

This will not only allow the GTOs to take up their correct positions, it will prevent them from simply blasting to the front at the beginning, which I think they might do.

All good ideas! 👍

Brno is any GTOs nightmare I think, Mugello is also but at least the long straight gives them a brief respite for the winding nightmare that precedes and follows.

I tried the cars available and definitely the Audi lacks speed. The F40 is fast but a delicate affair, the Nissans are also fast but treasonous while the Porsche is trustworthy but maybe a litle slower. The Lambo I don't even dare to touch, last time I did I wasn't even sure where the track was going, lol

Question, in this championship and for handicap purposes are the Nissans (IMSA and Le Mans versions) two cars or one car?

Question, in this championship and for handicap purposes are the Nissans (IMSA and Le Mans versions) two cars or one car?
I'm going to treat them as two cars Mario, for no reason other than two of them appear in the lineup.

I'll put Imola forward again as a track addition. A long start/finish straight for the GTOs and some twisty bits for the GTEs.

I might be just a little late joining on Monday, I've got to do a bit of taxying (not of an aircraft). Then again I might be on time.

I might be just a little late joining on Monday,
If you're not going to be able to make it before 8:30 Paul, let us know through here of PSN, but if you can be with us by 8:30 we'll hold back. And we'll get in loads of practice in the meantime.

Latest Posts

Back