GTMSA Announces SuperGT Season 7 Signup

• Thread starter ABud
  • 91 comments
Interesting report there austin, I will (on what your saying) keep with the GT-R but leave my GT300 choice for some testing, The ASL wasnt to my driving style, but i will be pitting the MR-2 against the RX-7. Am loving the turnout, its gonna be a good one.

Oscar.

I'll post a summary of the results of my testing.

Although I still won't use them, my testing revealed the RX-7 LM and Pitwork Z as still being too fast. :indiff: I may have simply gotten better laps with them than I did with the NSXes or the GT-R, but they were significantly faster than any of those. In contrast, the Supras were really slow, and definitely not competitive with the rest of the cars. But again, maybe I just didn't spend enough time on them and got a poor result because of that. The GT-R is definitely being solidified as my choice, though, because it will probably be better in a long race than either NSX would be. The Takata NSX is definitely starting to look worse the longer I test it.

In GT300, the MR-S and the Garaiya are very close; I thought that the necessity of short-shifting the MR-S might have escaped the testers, making it too fast. I think that consistency will come more easily in the Garaiya, though, and it's nicer to drive, so I'll stick to it. The S2000 just didn't seem on par with either one, and the RX-7 was closer, but still significantly off. While the Subaru and the Celica had nice handling, they seemed not to do very well at high speeds compared to the MR-S and Garaiya.

I think it depends where you are driving the cars. For GT500 the Pitwork Z was the fastest so i whacked 10% extra weight on to slow it down. I actually found the RX-7 to be the slowest car when i drove it so it got a bit more power, all the GT-Rs middled nicely etc. The other thing to consider is whether the car suits your driving or not (i find the NSX's skittish and the RX-7 seemed fast but never seemed to go anywhere!) For the GT300s i also struggled with the S2000 but did get it to do a competitive lap eventually (just doesn't suit my driving). The Subaru's advantage is under breaking with slightly more understeer around fast corners than some of the other cars. The Celica really goes well with my style but was really quick hence a bit less power than last year (the low weight is so it can have the maximum +6% weight penalty added).

The main point i'm making is that this is how i found the cars to be - do your own testing cos you probably will disagree. It's also worth pointing out that numbers were also jigged to compensate for oldmodelt's data.

Andy

Did some preliminary testing for JGTC300s at Trial Mountain on the current settings (under Sprint Race rules with a +2 a.i. field). The dominant cars seem to be the ASL and the MR-S, with a competitive time being in the 7:20-7:30 range (for the race). The S2000 seems to need a bit more power.

GTP Username: TheStig13
Class: GT500
Number: 13 9 (Just realised that viperin already had chosen 13)
Car: Nissan Xanavi Hiroto Skyline '01

Last edited:
The main point i'm making is that this is how i found the cars to be - do your own testing cos you probably will disagree. It's also worth pointing out that numbers were also jigged to compensate for oldmodelt's data.

Andy
Averaging the weight and HP that is advised for every car may help but, some cars deserve the extra whack of 10% weight. Cars like the Mobil NSX and the Pitwork 350Z deserve the weight penalty also the ASL and the MR-2 might need some sort of penalty also.

I think I'll give it a go.

GTP Username: slims
Class: GT300
Number: 69
Car: Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00

Why not to have a go here :)

GTP Username : KidrauhlM5
Class : GT300
Car Number : 77
Car : Subaru CUSCO ADVAN Impreza '03

I did not get to finish the last season, I will reserve my spot.

GTP Username : raz_10
Class : GT300
Car Number : 88
Car : Toyota Super Autobacs Apex MR-S '00

GTP username: east
Car Class (GT500 or GT300): GT500
Car Number (see above): 1 :)
Car Choice: Toyota WoodOne Tom's Supra '03

Because in.s@ne needs some company.

GTP username: oldmodelt
Car Number (see above): 24
Car Choice: Toyota au Cerumo Supra '01

GTP username: oldmodelt
Car Class (GT500 or GT300): GT300
Car Number (see above): 95
Car Choice: Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00

Last edited:
Tested the S2000 it got around Trial Mountain with 7:30-7:45 with 5 Laps. It seems to need a bit more HP. AI on 8+

GTP Username: Irons
Class: GT300
Car Number: 98
Car Choice: Honda S2000 LM Racecar '01

and...

GTP Username: Irons
Car Class: GT500
Car Number: 05
Car Choice: Honda LOCTITE Mugen NSX '01

For fear this is the last year of the competition.

Last edited:
For fear this is the last year of the competition.

Who know? Maybe we will get to do something like this with GT5. At least with the AI they are somewhat consistent. Dumb but consistent.

People, enough of the "this car needs more power/less weight" already. If you don't like it use another one :P

Seriously, the testers found the cars to be pretty close, all of them. If we start adjusting one car i'll have to go and do all the others again!

Last edited:
I'll put a few T-car entries in as well if it's OK. I'll try to do what I can to get some quality time behind the wheel for each car. :)

GTP username: CAMikaze
Car Class: GT300
Car Number: 94T
Car Choice: Subaru CUSCO ADVAN Impreza '03

Car Choice: ASL ARTA Garaiya '03

Car Choice: Toyota SuperAUTOBACS Apex MR-S '00

Car Choice: RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '04

Car Number: 38T
Car Choice: Honda LOCTITE Mugen NSX '01

Car Choice: Nissan Motul Pitwork Z '04

Car Choice: Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01

Car Choice: Toyota WoodONE TOM's Supra '03

Car Choice: Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R '01

GTP username: MTC
Car Number: 23
Car Choice: Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R '01

GTP username: MTC
Car Number: 93
Car Choice: ASL ARTA Garaiya '03

GTP username: C-ZETA
Car Number: T47

Car class: GT500
Car Choice: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03

Car Number: T60
Car Choice: ASL Arta Garaiya '03

Car class: GT300

Car Choice: Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01

Last edited:
Car Number: 47

Car Number: 48

Car class: GT500
Car Number: 49
Car Choice: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '03

Car Number: 60
Car Choice: ASL Arta Garaiya '03

Car class: GT300
Car Number: 61

Car Number 62
Car Choice: Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01

Hi,

You can only enter one car per class. If you want these to be test cars let me know which is your prefered number for each class and i'll enter them in.

GTP username: RACECAR
Car Number: 32
Car Choice: Xanavi Nismo GT-R 03'

Hi,

You can only enter one car per class. If you want these to be test cars let me know which is your prefered number for each class and i'll enter them in.

Cleared, added in some T cars.

No replay files, but I may need a photo to confirm any dubious times. However, odd times stick out a mile - usually people realise they've made a mistake in submission and all is cleared up.

Thats good, I can take pictures and short videos but cant do replay files.

GTP username: SagarisGTB
Car Number (see above): T2
Car Choice: Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01

GTP username: SagarisGTB
Car Number (see above): T2

I'm gonna go for some T-entries as well:

GTP username: LancerEvo7GSR
Car Class : GT500
Car Number : T44
Car Choice: Honda Takata Dome NSX

GTP username: LancerEvo7GSR
Car Class : GT300
Car Number : T81
Car Choice: Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00

SVX
How much laps?

As I understand. Each race will be 62km. Number of laps will be announced at the beginning of each race after the results of the 5 lap sprint at each track.

Back