Engines:
0.65 I3 (E07A)
Power: 64 hp
Torque: 43 lb-ft.
Weight: 760 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door roadster
Additional Info: "Will get a sucessor in 2015 and 569 of them were driven on a parade on Twin Ring Motegi."​
1024px-Honda_Beat.jpg

18la8r1cvihumjpg.jpg

Honda-Beat-Roadster-1006.jpg

Honda-Beat-Roadster-1002.jpg

Honda-Beat-Roadster-1008.jpg

Awnn, a baby NSX. So cooool! And people say fun doesn't come in small packages. Oh the blasts I had sliding these around in Gran Turismo.

Very cool, bordering sub-zero.

Dorky. Cutesy. So fun that it should be illegal. Girls will almost forgive you for being a gearhed with this lovely car, and to me, that ability to redeem the apparently unredeemable, makes it Sub-Zero.

Meh. This thing would probably be a scary riot with about 150hp though.

Seriously uncool. I like them and I have to imagine they're great fun to drive, but they're another car that's obsessed over by the Gran Turismo and Japan-Fan crowd, and neither of those groups are remotely cool.

I think they're a cool concept, but can't get passed the fact that at six two, I'd feel I'd look like a clown at work getting out of one. A high meh.

Seriously uncool. I like them and I have to imagine they're great fun to drive, but they're another car that's obsessed over by the Gran Turismo and Japan-Fan crowd, and neither of those groups are remotely cool.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'd argue that the average person on the street would have no idea about either of those groups of people. They'd just see a small, unusual convertible, and I think it would come across as cool.

This car turns heads. This car is rare, this car is a riot to drive even with the incredibly strict Kei regulations. This, the AZ-1 and the Cappucino prove you can shrink a sports car and still have buckets of fun. They came from a good time of the Kei car, when it wasn't just about cheap means of transportation. The fact that it will have a descendant proves it's still a working concept.

And to the ones who say that GT\JDM crowds make this uncool, I understand that point, but very few places in my area will be like that, so they won't fawn over it. Therefore, it's just a cool and unique-looking small convertible. Keyword here being cool.

Roo
I can see where you're coming from, but I'd argue that the average person on the street would have no idea about either of those groups of people. They'd just see a small, unusual convertible, and I think it would come across as cool.

While this is true and I fully agree most people on the street wouldn't have a clue either of those groups exist, however the fact that I know they exist just ruins cars like this for me unfortunately.

Modern roadster.

Fall back on the Anne Hathaway rule.

Can you imagine Anne Hathaway driving one?

Yes? Does she look good in it?

Obviously.

Cool.

Anne Hathaway driving a Honda Beat?

I can only think on the words of the immortal Dr. Algernop Krieger but they're abit NSFW so I'll keep them to myself. Anyways, spot on as usual niky! :cheers:

I love these to bits, but I can't help but thinking that I'd look like a massive dork driving one. Seriously uncool.

My brother owned one of these things for a year or two, so I can say from experience that this is absolutely Sub Zero. But still not particularly pleasant to take a 4-hour drive in. Especially when you're about 6'2.

Doesn't look as sporting as an AZ-1, and being 6', I'd look like a right prat in one especially with the roof down. Coupled to the obsession by people who know it through Gran Turismo brings it to Uncool.

Stick a turbo on it to boost the power slightly, then we'll talk.

I'd stick a motorbike engine in it.

Back