GTP Cool Wall: 1994-1999 Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 77 comments

1994-1999 Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What confuses me is the fact that anyone is bringing up race cars on a thread about a road car. It's basically the same deal as a Subaru or Mitsubishi and I don't see anyone bringing up race cars on those threads. An example would be the most recent Mitsubishi thread.

....annnnd this is why I don't really ever stick around in the cool wall threads.

No kidding. 5 bucks says this threa might eb locked down aswell after it ends. I mean, it's not as bad but still. The votes are what matter here, not the damned arguments but, guess that's very unavoidable.

I don't get why the same people bringing up and complaining about the SUBRC argument are the same people who are jumping to the person who begun the argument's cause.

I also don't understand how something as subjective as relative coolness to someone is up to debate. It's a subjective belief and therefore isn't needed to be up for debate. I personally find race cars - excluding older, road driven ones - seriously uncool myself, though not because of inaccessibility but more for the fact I can't find an extremely loud, fragile and tasteless car cool.

That said, how come the SZBRC crowd don't complain when someone votes highly if the car is available with a different transmission, or high power output or low weight? Seems a bit selective if you ask me.

SVX
I don't get why the same people bringing up and complaining about the SUBRC argument are the same people who are jumping to the person who begun the argument's cause.

I also don't understand how something as subjective as relative coolness to someone is up to debate. It's a subjective belief and therefore isn't needed to be up for debate. I personally find race cars - excluding older, road driven ones - seriously uncool myself, though not because of inaccessibility but more for the fact I can't find an extremely loud, fragile and tasteless car cool.

That said, how come the SZBRC crowd don't complain when someone votes highly if the car is available with a different transmission, or high power output or low weight? Seems a bit selective if you ask me.

I won't ever understand myself. But at least you're honest about the race cars. There are however though some somewhat recent race cars that can be cool, but I can't example name many of them, and not exactly biased. Take for instance the Z4 GT3 or the M3 E92 GT3. Honestly myself, they do deserve some respect.

But one mention of F1 or NASCAR, and it's as seriously uncool as it can get. Maybe a few older F1 can deserve a lil' bit better.

As for the Celica, my true reasoning about voting Uncool, while I'd vote cool for beign quite a looker for some, I never liked it's looks much, would of been a low cool or a meh at that. But that cheatign scandal while not the problem of the car I think but moreso the human problem, decreases somewhat the respect of the car. Yes, even despite having the CASTROL paintjob.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!??!?!
I thought we would've dealt with the SUBRC when we stopped allowing them to be polled? So why are there still arguments?

My input though: Love the car, the alien like headlights didn't do it for me back in gt3 but it grew on me and it's a pretty good car. Yeah a team a year ban in the WRC but that's the WRC version and not the road version which we are voting with.

Solid cool.

Last edited:
Because the uncool group have nothing else better to do than to argue on a forum dedicated to a racing game.

It's a bloody vehicle. Rate it how you perceive.

The uncool group? Hang on, isn't it the opposite group - who I take it you acknowledge yourself with judging by the fact that you have been jumping to Ettick's cause - who have nothing better to do than still complain about something that was put to bed more than a year ago?

What a stupid reason.

Ah, yes, it was.

SVX
I don't get why the same people bringing up
and complaining about the SUBRC argument are the same people who are jumping to the person who begun the argument's cause.

Good way of putting it, those were other reasons too, I think @Roo and Famine put it best in other threads.

Simply put for those wondering how it started and troubled to read the first page, it had nothing to do with the supposed SUBRC. Someone posted "in before the SUBRC crowd comes" and me and others were asking what that had to do with it?

This thread is a major disappointment. It took 70 posts for this picture to show up:

DpZrY.jpg

Meh. My least favourite generation of Celica, yes even including the last one. Capable enough cars but the styling just doesn't do it for me. Quite good value now though.

By the way, please leave me out of any arguments about SUBRC and whatnot. I'm also not seeing any real relevance here, though would also like to point out I don't remember claiming it was a hive mentality, although I'm quite sure there are those willing to dig around and find an old quote.

I voted cool because it'a a neat car. It's a shame none of them are in good shape (A friend of mine is inheriting one - he likes it but wants a new car because the Celica is in shambles.)

Back