• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2003-2013 Lamborghini Gallardo nominated by @6ranTur15m05

yellow_lamborghini_gallardo_edit2-jpg.610990

Body style: 2-door coupé, 2-door roadster
Engine: Longitudinal 5.0L V10 (1st gen) or 5.2L V10 (2nd gen)
Power: 500-570 hp
Torque: 376 lb-ft (1st gen), 398 lb-ft (2nd gen)
Weight: 1340-1733 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed "E-Gear" automated manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, all-wheel drive (LP550-2: rear-wheel drive)​

lamborghini-gallardo-2003-pictures-178142.jpg
2006_Lamborghini_Gallardo_Spyder_E-Gear_-_Flickr_-_The_Car_Spy_(24)_(cropped).jpg
2010_Lamborghini_Gallardo_(L140)_LP550-2_coupe_(2016-01-05)_01.jpg
Lamborghini_Gallardo_LP_570-4_Superleggera.jpg
Lamborghini_Gallardo_LP560-4_-_Flickr_-_Alexandre_Prévot_(cropped).jpg
Lamborghini_Gallardo_LP570-4_Super_Trofeo_Stradale_01_China_2012-04-15.jpg
gallardoreview02.jpg
Lamborghini_Gallardo_interior.jpg
car_photo_570391.jpg

I will give it a cool, it may be civilised, no longer wanting to kill you, doors open normal etc... but it still has that amazing exhaust note. Cool, just for the V10 eargasm.

People only bought this car because it was a Lamborghini. It's a bit of a damp squib compared to it's V12 big brother. Plus it's Audi R8 sister made it look a bit pointless.

Meh.

It's unfair to group in the original model with the facelifted model. The OG model was ugly lookin, but the facelift was great.

It's a meh since both cars are included.

The only "modern" Lamborghini I would actually want to own. Ill take the pre facelift in yellow with the 6 speed manual. I dont like the facelift for some reason.
Solid cool for the pre facelift, uncool for the facelift.

If I had an easy chance to own one I'd jump at it as most of us would, if I had to work at it there are other lambos I'd want. Who am I kidding, I will never own a lambo.

meh

It's the Lamborghini that were bought by those who want to flash their bank accounts (whatever was inside of it) but couldn't afford the bonkers (arguably proper) V12 Lamborghini... or don't have the skills or balls to handle one.

Meh. It's... alright.

I really liked some of the details on the original when it released, particularly the way the taillights sit. Then again, I was 17. Hmmmm...

The originals have aged very poorly since, and look quite cheap. The (first) facelift gave it some class without ruining the aggression IMO, but the second facelift utterly ruined things with its triangles-everywhere attitude.

Uncool, almost seriously so: it's a modern supercar. That's said despite the fact a 570-4 SL in Verde Ithaca still sits very high on my personal dream car wish list.

Depends.
Coupe - Meh.
Spyder - Cool.
SL - Cool.
LP560-4 - Cool.
LP570-4 SL - SZ
LP550-2 - SZ

If I were to have one or would be a LP570 in Verse Ithaca.

Or a Blue LP550.

S0 because this was my dream car back when I was a little kid... Oh and the exhaust note! :D

I got to see one of these in person about a year ago. Was gonna take a photo, but when I saw it, my sister was playing on my phone and she didn't give it back in time... Kinda sad but oh well...

Couldn't see it at first but the car grew on me over the years. Solid Cool. Particularly like the angular lines of the front and rear lights (prefer the squarer rear lights of earlier models). Get that fuel line swapped out ASAP though Rocky.

Pre-facelift looks like one of those made-up Hot Wheels supercars that you'd play with as a kid.

🤬 🤬 🤬!!! [Insert random, angry comment about this being a Cool wall and not a Like wall] [Insert regular praise for one of Lamborghini's best cars ever] [Insert opinion contradicting most of you because I do like the original Gallardo a fair bit] [Insert fact that it's perceived as a car for posers and show-offs that didn't had what it takes for a Murcielago, like what the Boxter is perceived to be in relation to the 911].

Seriously uncool.

The Gallardo is a lovely car, but it's always had me conflicted. I love the front end of the pre-facelift model, but the rear is rather unattractive. The facelift's front doesn't particularly interest me, but I prefer the new, clean design for the rear half.

Dan
The Gallardo is a lovely car, but it's always had me conflicted. I love the front end of the pre-facelift model, but the rear is rather unattractive. The facelift's front doesn't particularly interest me, but I prefer the new, clean design for the rear half.

What if... They kept the front end, and only changed the rear end...

Decent attempts to freshen things up throughout its life. Wasn't much of a stunner before the limited edition models arrived but there's still nothing particularly special about them. The original merely took over the Standard '00s Supercar mantle from the 360 while the Murcie remained the more desirable bull.

Uncool.

Meh, I forgot the two were related to be honest cause pre face lift the car looks like a build-a-super car in some sense. Almost afraid to let go of the Diablo roots, so much so it seems to be a time capsule of a car. Which is sad, cause to me it wasn't all that bad and luckily the face lift made it more suited for the evolving times, but still wasn't amazing compared to what you could get.

Also with what Lambo was doing at the times like them or not, this car was clearly the most tame of the bunch almost low key for the business exec that doesn't want to get pointed out.

I voted a meh as a balance, because I find that there's a mix of drivers that buy this car for the car while others use it for flaunting their money around. While I'm okay with the first design, I still don't think it was the most exciting. I loved the 2nd design however. Overall, it's a big combination of coolness and non-coolness in my book; thus the meh.

However, it's still one of my favorite supercars of all time and I adore it!

I have a friend who owned one of these and even with its tacky pearlesque white paint it was just brilliant. For me this is still the most compact and pretty of the Audi era Lambos. All the others are just too big or overly fussy for my eye. Sub zero.

Back