Dodge-Viper_GTS-R_2000_photo_02.jpg

Dodge-Viper-GTS-R-back-view.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: 1(2000)
Style: 2-Door Coupe
Engine: 8.0L V10 (500 HP)
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
Notes: Lone car is fully functional, was built during Gen.1 Phase II run, Gen.2 started at least two years later.

My Take: I am a Dodge fan, mainly because they are generally regarded as the "worst" of the big three, not the "red-headed stepchild" like AMC was, but usually shunned and viewed with distain. Why? Don't know and don't care. I've always seen Chrysler Corp. cars more favorably than others do, even the Sebring, the Prowler, and even the PT Cruiser for it's initial run. I must state for the record that while I am a fan, I'm not fanatical. They have made bad cars, and founded the Minivan here. Minivan + PT Cruiser = more than enough to mock them eternally, but don't tell me that they're the only ones who pull stupid moves.

When it comes to the Viper, I have always loved it. The fact that it began as a bare basics car built from spares built around a truck engine that Lamborghini recast, and worked was something I thought was a testament to what can happen when you put you're mind to it. I have always put it above the Corvette, and even though it has matured, gaining aids and luxuries over it's life, I still get a kick every time I see one. When I saw this in GT3, I about fell over. Set next to the Oreca race car, it was completely different. The Gen.1 Viper was slick and smooth and, with all the curves, a very attractive car. This was a different slick. If Gen.1 was laid back(design-wise), this was in-your-face aggression, and I loved it. This car was the influence for Gen.2, but all things considered, the Competition Coupe was this car produced for racing. Yes, it can be unruly. Yes, the V10 doesn't have the greatest sound in the world. But if you were to give me any car on the face of the earth, I'd take few ahead of this one. Sub Zero.

OK, fandom over. Sorry.:guilty:

Wikipedia:SRT Viper

Nomination Thread

Last edited:
Always thought this one was ugly as hell. So glad that they only took bits and pieces of it when making the SRT-10 Coupe.

This has always been one of my favorite Vipers since I was a kid. At the time it had one of the highest horsepower engines available in the Viper though it never made production. The Superbird style wing sealed the deal for me. Sub zero.

Aww hell yes, love this car.

And D:

You didn't include a pic from the front.
*Put up top*

It's so low, wide, and mean. Everything about it from the widening stripes to the rear tail lights screams awesomeness.

Goes beautifully with Laguna Seca on GT3 as well...

Sub-Zero

Late 90's GTS will always be a classic in my opinion, but the one pictured above... looked like it tried to hard, and lost all it's charm.

I went m'eh. had it been an earlier GTS, probably Cool... maaaaybe SZ.

Sub zero. I loved this concept and I am a MOPAR hater. This is what the 3nd Gen Viper should have been, the '02+ production car was not anywhere as cool IMHO.

While everyone had posters of Lamborghinis and Ferraris on their walls as a kid, I much preferred the GTS Viper. This just takes it to the next level.

Sub-Zero.

While everyone had posters of Lamborghinis and Ferraris on their walls as a kid, I much preferred the GTS Viper. This just takes it to the next level.

Sub-Zero.

Not me haha. For years I had Mustang pics up. I only have 1 poster of an '05 GT up now. Haven't had them up in a long time now though. My bedroom is covered in GM cars. If you don't believe me I will take pictures.

I always thought this car should have been what turned into 2nd cars. I never liked those that much. This car was amazing.

Meh. Doesn't have much going for it. Only the engine saves it from uncool.

Just about sums up how I find most concept cars to be.

A manufacturer creates a one off version of a car that, by trying to be eye catching and rarefied, comes out far less attractive than the real thing. Eew...

Seriously Uncool.

I like the original Viper and the new SRT, but I was never a fan of this generation of the car. It's not uncool, but it only gets a Meh from me.

No doubt it looks awesome on a poster (I used to have one as an improvised poster, it was a calendar at first). No doubt it looks good as a show car. Would I want to own one? Possibly. A solid but well earned "cool" from me.

What if I told you it turned into a turn key race car?

Then Famine would still find it seriously uncool. He always marks racing cars as seriously uncool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to interject that I just don't find Vipers to be cool, personally, and this just takes a Viper and makes it even more ridiculous, without really achieving anything. I always found the engines in Vipers silly. They're just too big, and on the rare occasion that I see one go past my house, they make so much noise that the window starts shaking. A 911 or 458 or Corvette doesn't do that. I'd only notice the engine noise from a Corvette. Vipers are anti-social even at low speeds, quite simply, and being anti-social is uncool.

Back