GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I won't be there because I have baseball. The practice I mean.

Fast fox you have a PM.

Last edited:
Anyone do any Top Speed Testing?

I hit 197.1mph and in Acceleration Test I hit 0.86G with 11.98x at 1/4mi.

I'll set the car up for top speed and see what I get. It won't be my race setup though, as the car won't turn.

I may have to abandon the SSRX testing tonight if there's a low turnout. 4+ people would be enough for us to practice.

EDIT: Got exactly 200.0mph.

Last edited:
I'll set the car up for top speed and see what I get. It won't be my race setup though, as the car won't turn.

I may have to abandon the SSRX testing tonight if there's a low turnout. 4+ people would be enough for us to practice.

EDIT: Got exactly 200.0mph.

I didn't set the Springs to the lowest, I used the values of the lowest springs from the 2011's. I know if you set those values lower on the 2010's you would get more speed. Thanks!

I didn't set the Springs to the lowest, I used the values of the lowest springs from the 2011's. I know if you set those values lower on the 2010's you would get more speed. Thanks!

I'll see what I get with 2011 spring rates then.

EDIT: 198.0mph

So is the difference in your speed once again (reference S2 exhibition posts for SSRX) from being a Ford compared to a Chevy? And note my #83 hits 197.4mph at these specs.

And have you tried reverseing your tune for an Acceleration test?

So is the difference in your speed once again (reference S2 exhibition posts for SSRX) from being a Ford compared to a Chevy? And note my #83 hits 197.4mph at these specs.

The settings I posted in the S2 thread aren't everything that increases top speed, only what I'd found out at that time. There's a couple of other things you can do. I'll see if I have other manufacturers' cars worn in and give them a test.

Last edited:
The settings I posted in the S2 thread aren't everything that increases top speed, only what I'd found out at that time. There's a couple of other things you can do. I'll see if I have other manufacturers' cars worn in and give them a test.

Oh I know you didn't reveal all. I spent hours testing different variations and combinations of settings to see what each individual tweak does and doesn't do to acheive maximum results in my own testing. All you did was open some doors to lead me there. And that is much appreciated. Try the 2010 #24 with 2011 settings and see if you can match my 197.1mph or higher. I would like to see if there's more I can do to improve it. I know my transmission may not be the best btw.

Tested a 2010 #88 and got 197.7mph

EDIT: My 2010 #24 isn't worn in at all, but It would probably get the same as the #88 did.

Last edited:
Tested a 2010 #88 and got 197.7mph

EDIT: My 2010 #24 isn't worn in at all, but It would probably get the same as the #88 did.

Alright so, I'm missing out on 0.6mph. That's what I needed to know. Till next time Joe.......:dopey:

Alright so, I'm missing out on 0.6mph. That's what I needed to know. Till next time Joe.......:dopey:

It's not your transmission, just so you know. My transmission is reset to default and then has the max speed moved to 224mph (the max speed setting, not the max speed that is displayed on the graph).

EDIT: Never mind about the practice, I have stuff to do.

EDIT: For those wondering about if there's a pit speed limit- yes, there definitely is, and you will 100% go too fast in the race if you don't brake. (Hint: the speed limit is surprisingly close to the speed you enter the pits when running by yourself)

I've had to change some settings on the Fords to fix an issue once the car gets above 200mph, but this has meant that we are now about 9mph slower than before. The issue now only kicks in once we get to 217mph.

Last edited:
DrifterJoe
It's not your transmission, just so you know. My transmission is reset to default and then has the max speed moved to 224mph (the max speed setting, not the max speed that is displayed on the graph).

EDIT: Never mind about the practice, I have stuff to do.

EDIT: For those wondering about if there's a pit speed limit- yes, there definitely is, and you will 100% go too fast in the race if you don't brake. (Hint: the speed limit is surprisingly close to the speed you enter the pits when running by yourself)

I've had to change some settings on the Fords to fix an issue once the car gets above 200mph, but this has meant that we are now about 9mph slower than before. The issue now only kicks in once we get to 217mph.

217? :scared:

Lobby will be up slightly later today. Around, 30 minutes time. Race start normal time. Qualifying race 15 minutes before race start.

Anyone have an open seat remaining for today, or possibly longer? I have a friend that is looking to race in the NW series, if possible.

MustangRyan
Anyone have an open seat remaining for today, or possibly longer? I have a friend that is looking to race in the NW series, if possible.

I do. PM me.

Ford only has 2 full time drivers, so he could be our third driver for the rest of the season. We've got 3 drivers for SSRX already, so he can race every race after this.

DrifterJoe
Ford only has 2 full time drivers, so he could be our third driver for the rest of the season. We've got 3 drivers for SSRX already, so he can race every race after this.

That might actually work better for him, tbh. The only open spot at red bull is for the races that Jakob isn't racing (today), and to possibly replace me for some races.

MÜLE_9242;6933167
That might actually work better for him, tbh. The only open spot at red bull is for the races that Jakob isn't racing (today), and to possibly replace me for some races.

Well, he could race for you today at SSRX, and then race for us the rest of the season.

Riddle me this: What kind of a wacko decides to break the draft near the last lap and try to take as many drivers down with him as possible?

Hmm... #18 perhaps?

Carbonox
Riddle me this: What kind of a wacko decides to break the draft near the last lap and try to take as many drivers down with him as possible?

Hmm... #18 perhaps?

:rolleyes:

Yea, I definitely took everyone out...

I tried slowing behind you, and got slammed into by Nater, and ran up into you.

Back