GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
akmuq
Which you turned away from when the ball was crossing the line.:ouch:

Youtube it anyway I guess.

I thought it was going over the bar..

End of the story, I got the beginning and end of it.. But not the middle with the important bit.. :indiff:

To be honest although it was interesting and fun, after 5 days of riding a busy metro and dodging riots/protests, I was reasonably happy to get home.

Highlight was getting the Bernabeu tour :sly:

EDIT: By the way, i'll be reducing my involvement in the series since i'm not going to be driving anymore by the looks of it.

Filipe left the team, so we'll be back to sharing the third car again. It's the 2011 #43 this time.

Here's some stats I have drawn up. Read throughly on first page of PDF for further explainations. In all, the numbers are very inconclusive at this time. Since there has only been three races thus far.

Thanks for the stats Crazy, nice stuff.

Thanks dude!! Check out the sprint cup thread for more stats in that series. After one season of nationwide they will develope further into what I have for the sprint cup. Once a week I update stats. So keep an eye out for your progress.

Here's some more Stats! Today we have Overall Nationwide Driver & Team Rankings.

File name: CUMULATIVE
1 page breakdown of all the areas of rank cumulated into an overall driver rank. This is used to develope File: RANKINGS

File name: RANKINGS
Page 1 shows rankings I developed before the start of the season. And page 2 shows how the drivers/teams have come along after 3 race weekends.

Enjoy!

I would suggest practicing with multiple cars on track before deciding on a time of day. At night, it is VERY difficult to see the other cars around you on the track, especially coming out of turn 4 and the entrance to the pits. Remember, these cars do not have head/tail lights.

MustangRyan
I would suggest practicing with multiple cars on track before deciding on a time of day. At night, it is VERY difficult to see the other cars around you on the track, especially coming out of turn 4 and the entrance to the pits. Remember, these cars do not have head/tail lights.

I agree, and even though I won't be there heavily favour for a daytime race.

In IndyCar series we had a massive pile up entering the pits, ultimately red flagging the event cause of the dark..

I say no to night, simply because the track isn't lit up enough for cars with no lights on them.

MÜLE_9242;6915620
I say no to night, simply because the track isn't lit up enough for cars with no lights on them.

I have to agree partially ith Mule. It's very dark coming off of turn 4 and going into the pits. If someone can figure out timing so everyone can see to make pitstops and try to have it dark at the end. I believe we can deal with one corner not lit at the end?

Last edited:
It's the LAST corner. I.e. the most dangerous.

We better have mics this race, or it's gonna get REAL boring.

If everyone is up for it, I might change the qualifying procedure to a 1 lap qualifying race which will also serve as our lag test race for mics. It will be during the day and will start 15 minutes before the race start. This will only take place if there is a huge outcry for a qualifying race. The race is during the day too.

The dark spot is from right after the last corner ends, to somewhere around the start of the pit entrance. Pitting should not be an issue. Take turns 3 and 4 on the inside if pitting, and don't brake until you've pulled into the pit entry, so that pile-ups like in IndyCar are avoided.

EDIT: Watch out for the invisible pit wall too.

Joe wants you to get pit road speeding penalties... if you don't wreck. :lol:

I only mean the point where you pull off the main circuit, not the point where the autodrive kicks in.

The speed limit is quite high in the pits anyway, with the Tacoma in the truck series being able to enter the pits at 170mph (it's 100kg lighter than the NW cars, but uses worse tyres, and has 0 aero, so the NW cars should be able to enter even quicker)

You can enter the pits at fyll speed with out a pit penalty.

Finally!

Got to say I have personally grown tired of the pit road penalties, for which I've often had to study the speed requirement because such stuff is never explained in the game. :yuck:

Carbonox
Finally!

Got to say I have personally grown tired of the pit road penalties, for which I've often had to study the speed requirement because such stuff is never explained in the game. :yuck:

These are things you've got to find out for yourself. You want the game to drive for you as well?

Could call you Car-bob-nox :sly:

Do they give you a drive-through penalty at SSRX? If so, I would turn her around n go back in the unconventional way. Sorry, but my idea of fun isn't coasting at 50mph around a 18mi track for over 15+minutes.

EDIT:
These are things you've got to find out for yourself. You want the game to drive for you as well?

Could call you Car-bob-nox :sly:

Though I do agree with you Knelly!

Last edited:
I know this is kinda late but here it is...

News

F_Filipe leaves Rick Ware Racing

picture.php

#43 driver decides to leave his team and and put RWR in a bad situation, but what are the reasons for this driver left this team?

Here's the answer:

Announcement: Filipe has made the decision to leave the team due to his connection and poor performances (his words, not mine). This leaves the 2011 #43 needing a new driver.

And driver confirm it aswell:

F_Filipe
The main reason to this decicion was the internet connection, because it was causing lag and bad experience for the other drivers and some bad performances aswell but i may be back next season if i improve my connection but i didn't decide it yet

picture.php

Rick Ware Racing - I will miss my beast :)

I will be out of town for the next two weekends, so I won't be streaming or hosting the race. After I'm back, it should be back to normal.

I will be having a SSRX test/practice session tonight in my lounge. Room should be up sometime between 10pm and 11pm BST (5pm-6pm Eastern). I know at least 2 or 3 teams are 1 or more drivers short this week, and you need a decent amount of cars on track to practice/test properly at SSRX, so this is a good opportunity to do so.

Add JoeOfTheFire on PSN, and I'll post here when the room is up. 👍

Back