GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MÜLE_9242;7195827
Frankly, I'm pissed off with 8th. I had that same car that should have won the last time we raced here, but absolutely everything went wrong, starting with the big wreck on lap 15.

I know I didn't race n probably have no room to talk but from watching over here on the sidelines. It looks like team RBR has a curse like it did with dowhat n I last season. Mule is now loosing his cool like I used too. Its pretty funny. Mule, the truth is as how I've learned from my mistakes n outrages, that you probably are right but its a race and things happen. Everyones out there to win n there's no freebies. How do you think I feel about you? You were a 5min down at SSRX and you slowed down an additional 2min to push droptop who was out numbered to a win. And in the process u wrecked me, dowhat n mudd. That killed our only chance at a win that was well deserved. Enough said PUNK! I've races since season one, you deserve no hand outs!

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, I can expect to be put in the wall at any time now?

You guys should probably go ahead and put someone else in the #88 for the remainder. I'm afraid I've just plain lost interest in this season.

Guys, cut the back and forth sniping. We're all out there to win. We all think we have a car and a plan that can win every week, but sometimes crap happens and you just have to salvage the best finish you can. Yes, it's frustrating when things don't go your way. We're all adults here, and we should be acting like it. Yes, some drivers missed out on the Chase. It's not supposed to be easy, and not everyone is supposed to get in. That's what makes getting in so special and rewarding.

Just wish we didn't all get Furi'd early on. That gave the Fords the gap that they needed to pretty much lead the entire race.

You were in the right place at the right time, and I bet you couldn't have asked for a cleaner break from the field. I almost scraped past Nate (I think) and would have been right with you guys if I did, but I'm sure almost everybody else almost scraped through as well.

I think our strategy was good enough to win though, if it wasn't for The Big Onel

Well done again to Ford tonight 👍

MÜLE_9242;7195879

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, I can expect to be put in the wall at any time now?

I guess I can join up next race for a minute before I go to work just to wreck you and then ill leave LOL. Now that would suck! But no, I wouldn't tell matty to take you out. He may do it if he feels nessecary but that's out of my control. And dowhat likes to race not wreck. I think you screwed him twice this season. You see how none of us have said anything to you? But still continued to be a part of this. You need to learn to let it go. This is supposed to be fun, not so fun anymore, mudd even quit. He's not a quitter. And congratulations to rflx n niop, they both have a good setup, looks like it is better than most drivers tbh. Not everyone can win.

Ford got up 16 seconds on Knelly in the first lap following that first wreck, and they still had each other to work with to extend their lead.

Rflx and I both got pushed onto pit road. I just got lucky to come right back out with Ford, a lap down. I had to extend some stints longer than planned, but it worked out pretty well overall in hindsight, as I eventually was able to get in sync with their 20 lap pit cycles. I think Rflx got spun around in pit road, which greatly increased his time spent on that stop, effectively ruining his race.

And I think after the last pitstops Ford were 7 seconds ahead if I recall. That means SGR could have potentially had a 9 - 10 second gap with a sprint to the finish if all went wreck free.

DAMM :ouch:🤬:banghead::mad:

Wow. Seems I wasn't only source of aggro last night. (which I still apologise for). Crazy obviosuly got another jammed cylinder under his bonnet...

Without counting the laps led for this past weekend, the Chase should start out as follows:

Droptop2001gt - 306
RFLX_Niop - 306
JoeOfTheFire - 303
Knelly - 303
MULE_9242 - 303
Dowhat13 - 300
Tom_97_COD - 300
ACDCROCKS123 - 300

In the race for the 6th and 7th spaces in the Chase:

Tom got 18 points for 2nd place, for a total of 81 points (plus at least one bonus point for leading a lap).
Dowhat got 6 points for 11th place, for a total of 79 points.
RedPartyHat got 10 points for 7th place, for a total of 74 points.

Great job by Tom and Dowhat securing their places this weekend.

Unlucky to RPH, and hope it doesn't put you off continuing to turn up and race hard.

👍

EDIT : Have a feeling Tom is going to pip me to laps led in this one, as he did in the 500 as well!

Great job by Tom and Dowhat securing their places this weekend.

Unlucky to RPH, and hope it doesn't put you off continuing to turn up and race hard.

👍

EDIT : Have a feeling Tom is going to pip me to laps led in this one, as he did in the 500 as well!

Well it's irrelevant anyway so who cares? :P

Cheers dude 👍

From the stats department:

In order to make the Chase, a driver needed 80 points to overtake Dowhat's 7th place in the final standings. Had any driver finished exactly 7th in every single race, they would have scored 10 points eight times, for a total of 80 points.

Other than trying to win every race, 7th was always my benchmark per race, for last two seasons.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I'm probably going to run a second series of my Vintage NASCAR in the first three weeks of July; only a short series as that's all I can fit in my schedule. Indy, Daytona and Motegi or Laguna, planned for Sundays, should be a laugh 👍

GTP NASCAR Power Rankings:

1. TRYNOR88 - TRYNOR is heading to Indy for the Nationwide season finale with only one thing on his mind, winning. He's wanting to win the race, and the championship. With an already impressive collection of wins this season, he's the favorite to win the title. Look for TRYNOR to be racing in the Sprint Cup next season.
Trending UP

2. RFLX_Niop - Niop had a subpar week at Indy, but only because he got the absolute worst of an accident that collected 9 of the 11 cars in the race. Niop's car was spun backwards into pit road, costing him a lot of time as the computer turned his car around for him. After recovering, he did his best to help his teammate, Knelly. The final result was pretty good, 4th and 6th place for the SGR team cars. Niop heads into the Chase with a share of the points lead, tied with Droptop at 306 points.
Trending STEADY

3. JoeOfTheFire - Joe collected a race win just in time for the Chase, adding three bonus points in the final regular season race. For Joe, it was his second career Sprint Cup oval victory, and his first "major" race victory. Any other driver would be thrilled just to have won the Brickyard 400, but not Joe. Joe has his sights set on the championship. This race, while prestigious, was just another step toward his ultimate goal, winning it all.
Trending UP

4. Droptop2001gt - Like Niop, Droptop was also trapped in the pits as a result of the lap 15 pileup. Unlike Niop, Drop got extremely lucky that his car basically shot straight in to the pits, resulting in relatively little lost time, other than having an unscheduled early pit stop. It took about 4 extended stints to get back on to his original pit schedule, but he managed to get there, and secured a podium finish in the process. Drop won his second Regular Season Points Championship in three seasons, but is looking to win his first Chase championship. Drop will start the Chase in a great position, sharing first position with Niop, at 306 points.
Trending STEADY

5. Carbonox - Carb heads into the Nationwide finale with a small points deficit to make up if he hopes to win the Nationwide Championship. Beating TRYNOR at Indy will be no easy task, but Carb should be as ready as ever this weekend, with an extra weekend to practice and prepare his car. This would be the best possible time for Carb to win his first points race of the season.
Trending STEADY

6. Knelly - Knelly had a great run at Indy, leading a lot of laps with a pit strategy that differed from the rest of the field. Had it not been for the early accident that put every car in the field behind the Ford team, Knelly and RFLX might have pulled out the win with their 6-stop strategy. With his one race win, Knelly will start the Chase trailing only Droptop and Niop by 3 points.
Trending STEADY

7. MULE_9242 - Mule was already locked into the Chase heading into Indy. So, the only thing to gain was either another race victory for valuable bonus points, or a Chase spot for his teammate, RedPartyHat. With the big early accident wiping out all but the top two cars, team Red Bull was playing catch up the rest of the race, and never managed to catch up.
Trending DOWN

8. Tom_97_COD - With the final spot in the chase at stake, Tom stepped up his performance in a big way. Tom came out of turn 4 on the final lap of the Brickyard 400 with a big head of steam, but he fell just inches shy of passing Joe for the win crossing the most famous patch of bricks on Earth. The second place finish was enough to vault Tom over RedPartyHat, and into the 6th points position, securing his place in the Chase.
Trending UP

9. GTP_Litchi - Litchi is heading into the Nationwide finale 5th in points, despite carrying three results of 0 points. With Nater_Racing21 and smuffyatfcp both scheduled to miss the Indy finale, it's possible Litchi could get as high as 3rd in the final points standings. Look for Litchi to join TRYNOR as drivers that are most likely to get promoted to the Sprint Cup next season.
Trending UP

10. ACDCROCKS123 - ACDC won the pre-season Bud Shootout, the Daytona 500, pushed Droptop to victory in week 2 at Indy, and recorded a top 5 in the Coca Cola 600 that could have been a top 2 had he not crashed with a few laps left in the race. Since then, his biggest accomplishment is creating a frenzied discussion among the drivers about the relative merits of the current wild card system. There's no doubt that ACDC is good enough to win the Sprint Cup Championship. The real question is, will he show up to try?
Trending DOWN

Also considered: dowhat13, Nater_Racing21, D4LVY_

All those Steady and Down Trends, it's about the right time to start focussing on the Ups.

Well then find the NATIONWIDE thread and ask for a seat.

Gents, thought some of you may like to join me for S2 of Vintage NASCAR; this season is a short 3 week festival featuring the 70' RM Challenger.

It's Sunday afternoons/evening so I hope some of you guys, even from across the pond, will be able to join for some oval fun 👍

Chaps, i'm in the #11 this weekend, have to say the #11 has kinda become my NASCAR number :lol:

I won't race tomorrow because I'll already have 4 races under my belt before that from Nationwide and Thunder.

This weekend's Sprint Cup race is being postponed until June 30th, as June 23rd was already a scheduled off week. I apologize for the late notice and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back